Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
give me the haman karn beach towel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

is there a Neo Zeon sweater to go with the ballcap and pants

then it would be the perfect laundromat fit

amuro's jacket would be dope

Popy has issued a correction as of 22:22 on Jun 9, 2023

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I. M. Gei posted:

How far along are you?

I haven't read a good chunk of the more recent chapters, but from what I remember the first thing you mentioned gets dropped pretty quick after the first couple chapters and doesn't come back up again. The second thing... is more of a recurring gag.

I am caught up to chapter 109.
It certainly has gotten weirder

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I started reading Yakitate JaPan. I knew the premise was that he wanted to make a national bread for Japan. I didn't know that he was taught to make bread once when he was a child and has since been experimenting with bread entirely on his own from those first principles and in that time has independently invented every major style of bread but doesn't know that they exist already and have other names

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

He also has "solar hands" iirc
Hands that are slightly warmer than usual

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Communist Thoughts posted:

He also has "solar hands" iirc
Hands that are slightly warmer than usual

It might vary by translation, what I'm reading calls them "Hands of the Sun"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
I just got to the part in Birdie Wing where it's revealed that Eve's Orange Bullet, a golf shot that allows for incredible precision in a tough situation at the expense of stressing her body, also has the power to unlock hidden memories.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Gripweed posted:

I just got to the part in Birdie Wing where it's revealed that Eve's Orange Bullet, a golf shot that allows for incredible precision in a tough situation at the expense of stressing her body, also has the power to unlock hidden memories.

Birdie Wing is so good.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Does it hit you in the head and dislodge them?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

WrightOfWay posted:

Birdie Wing is so good.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

HootTheOwl posted:

Does it hit you in the head and dislodge them?

No, it’s just such a powerful and tricky swing.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

oh

https://twitter.com/deltythe73rd/status/1668125391842848768?s=46&t=kbB084LXvpaC9EB66c7D6w

quiet zeroing the earth sphere probably *would* be a calamity, wouldn’t it

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Personally I prefer to interpret G-Witch as a Gundam X prequel.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 357 days!
i wish someone would have brought up that one of the characters builds gundams, i probably would have tuned into the lesbian golf anime sooner

absolute earworm of an op too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4CfL2F5ptc

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I speed read through Uzumaki and uh, I'm pretty sure my pregnant wife is going to murder me.
Thankfully I can't fall asleep because I can hear the mosquitoes

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

been watching through Monster, poo poo rules

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Augus posted:

it's so loving good

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Augus posted:

rewatched it 2 times since it aired despite how long it is, and it's still amazing

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

tenderjerk posted:

i wish someone would have brought up that one of the characters builds gundams, i probably would have tuned into the lesbian golf anime sooner

absolute earworm of an op too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4CfL2F5ptc

Birdie Wing is completely deranged and a ton of fun - also chock-full of Gundam references (Aoi's golf coach is named Amuro and is voiced by Amuro's VA, and Eve's scarred underworld golf teacher's voiced by Char's VA for instance.)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ATP_Power posted:

Birdie Wing is completely deranged and a ton of fun - also chock-full of Gundam references (Aoi's golf coach is named Amuro and is voiced by Amuro's VA, and Eve's scarred underworld golf teacher's voiced by Char's VA for instance.)

I am convinced the Char golf guy's name has to be connected too. You don't have Amuro Reiya voiced by Amuro and then just make Char's name totally unconnected. Char's name came from Charles Aznavour, are there any French music experts who can figure out where "Leo Millafoden" comes from?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Augus posted:

It's one of those series that's so good it's easy to take for granted. I really gotta reread it sometime, I'm long overdue.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Gripweed posted:

I am convinced the Char golf guy's name has to be connected too. You don't have Amuro Reiya voiced by Amuro and then just make Char's name totally unconnected. Char's name came from Charles Aznavour, are there any French music experts who can figure out where "Leo Millafoden" comes from?

millafo sounds like millefeuille, which is french? :shrug:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Doc Hawkins posted:

millafo sounds like millefeuille, which is french? :shrug:

it sounds like milfo

your fav gundam character is named milfo

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Zechs Marquise's real name was Millardo Peacecraft and the name of the Zaku-like mech in Gundam Wing was Leo, that's all I could come up with though.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

I. M. Gei posted:

it sounds like milfo

your fav gundam character is named milfo

Itsa me, Milfo!!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

Mercury timeline is what the world would look like if Zeon won

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
https://twitter.com/t_features/status/1669528030992285698?s=20

losing my poo poo ngl

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 357 days!

lol no way

i hope this isnt some p-bandai thing because i think i need this???

e: just saw the p-bandai :eng99:

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

wtf what anime is Jamiroquai in

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

oh no

i want it :ohdear:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The gently caress is that, some christian rockstar?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Popy posted:

apparently the virtual insanity video has been a resilient meme source in japan for a long time, so maybe that's why? would certainly explain it being a p-bandai limited instead of a proper full release :sigh:

tokin opposition posted:

laugh at the zoomer everyone

actual answer, kind of a one hit wonder from the 90s, did the song 'virtual insanity' (though 'canned heat' is also really good)

Kitfox88 has issued a correction as of 07:04 on Jun 16, 2023

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

hell yeah

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

tokin opposition posted:

wtf rude to call jay kay that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JkIs37a2JE

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Popy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYCk2udVFvo

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

he looks like a PUA

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Kitfox88 posted:

apparently the virtual insanity video has been a resilient meme source in japan for a long time, so maybe that's why? would certainly explain it being a p-bandai limited instead of a proper full release :sigh:

It was HEAVILY advertised on tweens-teens TV when it came out, I think? Like, it even ended up a minor US-side meme, kind of Morning Rescue 0.1, because you couldn't even watch a lovely 40 megabyte .rm episode of Kenshin where you could kind of make out the subs if there wasn't much motion onscreen without seeing that dude moonwalk in the cube hallway three times.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axn2tpbzBhE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Popy posted:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean