Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Bellmaker posted:

And folks forget Christie absolutely bent the knee, AND got snubbed out of any cabinet position because Trump is the pettiest human alive.

I think that was Kushner having a grudge more than Trump’s grudge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

zoux posted:

I can't find the tweet but one of the major outlets, either NYT or WaPo, paid a bunch of Miami high schoolers to sit in the court room and relay info about what was going on to the outside world.

https://twitter.com/tomaskenn/status/1669396680645410824

There's gotta be some pathology at work here

This post really got me thinking about how untrusting MAGA-type people are. Literally anything negative about Trump, as small as him not paying a bill as a restaurant, just slides right off of their brains. Even something like this is part of the Deep State Conspiracy Machine to make him look bad. There's nothing you can do to convince them that Donald Trump walked out on a bill, even by accident.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

OctaMurk posted:

This is so loving funny lol. All those losers are gonna vote for him anyways and he doesnt care one bit for them

They know that. Hell we have Trump on tape calling them all disgusting fat idiot pigs. They don’t care; they hate themselves and everyone on their side too. But so long as he makes the people they hate MORE suffer he’s their man.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Oracle posted:

Hell we have Trump on tape calling them all disgusting fat idiot pigs.

Do we? Not that I doubt he'd say something like that, but I wasn't aware there was a tape.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Jaxyon posted:

Do we? Not that I doubt he'd say something like that, but I wasn't aware there was a tape.

wouldn't surprise me either. he did that to bill barr just the other day, straight-up called him a "gutless pig"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Kith posted:

wouldn't surprise me either. he did that to bill barr just the other day, straight-up called him a "gutless pig"

Probably not the best idea to insult the human cane toad that helped cover up your crimes, but then again Barr is a coward.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

x-men confirmed to exist

e: It's a real thing. Bottom left bit I covered up was just the retweet/liked ratio which gently caress that nobody cares about.

e2: Nobody seems to know what he meant by mutants but it's prolly something awful and hateful.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jun 16, 2023

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Jaxyon posted:

Sorry it was just one supporter he initially thought was a protestor he called a fat pig in front of the crowd at a rally, then realized he was a supporter and they both laughed about it. This was during the 2016 campaign and I of course can’t find it now, though it’s mentioned in some write ups.

He’s been reported by former staffers that worked with him as saying similar things.

quote:

In a video released by the group Republican Voters Against Trump, Ms. Troye recounted how Mr. Trump said in a task force meeting that one benefit of the pandemic was that he no longer would have to shake hands with his supporters.

“I don’t like shaking hands with people,” Ms. Troye quoted Mr. Trump as saying. “I don’t have to shake hands with these disgusting people.”
In fairness, Mr. Trump is a noted germaphobe whose distaste for handshaking long predates the coronavirus. But Ms. Troye emphasized that “disgusting people” referred to the well-wishers themselves, not the act of shaking hands. “Oh, he talked all the time about the people themselves being disgusting,” Ms. Troye told me in an interview on Friday. “It was clear immediately that he wanted nothing to do with them.”

Oracle fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 16, 2023

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Eric Cantonese posted:

I think that was Kushner having a grudge more than Trump’s grudge.

I completely forgot about the Kushner-Christie grudge, thanks for the reminder.

That said, I haven't heard anything at all about the Ivanka/Jared this whole time. Have they fully removed themselves from politics, no public comment, etc. - or have I just missed it?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Boris Galerkin posted:

x-men confirmed to exist

e: It's a real thing. Bottom left bit I covered up was just the retweet/liked ratio which gently caress that nobody cares about.

e2: Nobody seems to know what he meant by mutants but it's prolly something awful and hateful.

I really hope "mutants" enters the American political lexicon now, like "woke" or whatever other empty dogwhistle the right wing has come up with.

As a dad rediscovering his appreciation of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles lately, it'd be great to make "mutants" a thing.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Oracle posted:

Sorry it was just one supporter he initially thought was a protestor he called a fat pig in front of the crowd at a rally, then realized he was a supporter and they both laughed about it. This was during the 2016 campaign and I of course can’t find it now, though it’s mentioned in some write ups.

He’s been reported by former staffers that worked with him as saying similar things.
Who can blame him though?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Shooting Blanks posted:

I completely forgot about the Kushner-Christie grudge, thanks for the reminder.

That said, I haven't heard anything at all about the Ivanka/Jared this whole time. Have they fully removed themselves from politics, no public comment, etc. - or have I just missed it?

https://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/slideshow/2696960/ivanka-trump-distance-donald-trump-family/7/

From what I've read, she has tried not to get involved anymore and has put some distance between herself and her father. She and Jared got what they needed monetarily from the first term. I'm sure she's happy to live out of the public eye now.

It's like trying to be James Murdoch instead of Lachlan Murdoch in my eyes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Judgy Fucker posted:

I really hope "mutants" enters the American political lexicon now, like "woke" or whatever other empty dogwhistle the right wing has come up with.

As a dad rediscovering his appreciation of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles lately, it'd be great to make "mutants" a thing.
Some crazy state Rep here in FL a few months ago referred to trans people as 'mutants'. I don't know if Trump is attempting to do the same thing or what here.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Some crazy state Rep here in FL a few months ago referred to trans people as 'mutants'. I don't know if Trump is attempting to do the same thing or what here.

In context that's pretty awful. Didn't think about what specific population might be targeted with that, like "woke" is just a generalized boogeyman term.

I withdraw my hope.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Bellmaker posted:

He ended Jeb Bush's career and humiliated Ted Cruz, he can ruin any GOPers' career in one post/debate or rally statement.

And folks forget Christie absolutely bent the knee, AND got snubbed out of any cabinet position because Trump is the pettiest human alive.

Jared was probably the main reason Christie never got a position in the Trump administration, since Christie put his dad in prison.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

FlamingLiberal posted:

That sure is something awful and hateful.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

VideoGameVet posted:

Jared was probably the main reason Christie never got a position in the Trump administration, since Christie put his dad in prison.
Jared was the dumbest person in the Trump admin, which was quite the achievement.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

cat botherer posted:

Jared was the dumbest person in the Trump admin, which was quite the achievement.

... and somehow he managed to get the biggest payout of all, $2B from the Saudis.

Which confirms my belief that getting very rich often has more to do with grift than intelligence.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

FlamingLiberal posted:

Florida is a humid PFAS-, synthetic cannibinoid-, meth-, malaria-, lead-, brain amoeba-, and toxic algae-filled shithole. Let he who does not have an incredible number of genetic and epigenetic abnormalities cast the first stone.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

cat botherer posted:

I refuse to believe he's dumber than Eric. Might be a push, though.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I refuse to believe he's dumber than Eric. Might be a push, though.
Hmm. That is a close one. I will grant you that Eric looks more like Sloth from the Goonies, but I maintain that Jared is dumber.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

cat botherer posted:

Hmm. That is a close one. I will grant you that Eric looks more like Sloth from the Goonies, but I maintain that Jared is dumber.

Eric sat out most of the more public crimes and hardly ever publicly begged for the fatherly affection of Donald Trump. I'm not sure if it means he's smarter, but at least he inherited more weaselly cunning.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
Trump's sons are in an unenviable position where they've been abused their whole life and need to continue to suck up to their abuser to stay in his will. Jared has no such excuse.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Jared is probably not dumber than Eric, but Trump recognized Eric is a moron and did not let him do things. Jared was allowed, even encouraged, to do things.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Boris Galerkin posted:

At least the story behind it is sort of funny: the senator was comparing trans people to the X-Men, except I guess he never saw the movies because he basically played the role of the cowardly senator who fears what he doesn't understand to a T. Like, he brought up a movie only to compare himself to the villain and his enemies to the heroes.

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Judgy Fucker posted:

Join ANTI MUTANT today, keep CHEMICALS out of your precious bodily fluids.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

it's truly uncanny that we get a President who was the screaming Id of America and his sons looked exactly like Beavis and Butthead hit middle age and inherited their dad's car dealership

:kiss:

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

PT6A posted:

Jared is probably not dumber than Eric, but Trump recognized Eric is a moron and did not let him do things. Jared was allowed, even encouraged, to do things.

Remember when he put Jared on pandemic response as well as the entire mid-east foreign policy

though the latter makes sense if you realize he was cutting deals with the sauds

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

PT6A posted:

While Eric is, as I assert, a big dumb moron, I'm pretty sure Trump would have treated him exactly the same regardless as he's an abusive fuckhead who sees he adult sons as possible rivals who need to be constantly put in their place. Possibly as he remembers how he himself stole from and lied to his own father endlessly, and drained all he could from him the moment he lost the mental faculties to keep Trump under control.

Barrel Cactaur posted:

Join ANTI MUTANT today, keep CHEMICALS out of your precious bodily fluids.

Secret society membership is treason, citizen.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Jaxyon posted:

Remember when he put Jared on pandemic response as well as the entire mid-east foreign policy

though the latter makes sense if you realize he was cutting deals with the sauds

You're selling Jared short.

He was in charge of the pandemic response, finding peace in the middle east, developing criminal justice reform, solving the opioid epidemic, reassessing all of the U.S. trade deals, head of the 2020 election strategy team, head of fundraising for the 2020 campaign, revitalizing American manufacturing, revamping FEMA and disaster relief, innovating Medicaid benefits, chairing a commission to eliminate red tape in government, being the U.S. envoy to Saudi Arabia, reforming the Department of Justice, developing a plan to build new border infrastructure, creating the "Office of American Innovation," and implementing a national school choice plan.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

OK, so it looks like I’m in the minority with my opinion that Eric is dumber than Jared. However, it is indisputable that Jared has lost vastly more money though demented business decisions. He also looks more like a haunted doll.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

You're selling Jared short.

He was in charge of the pandemic response, finding peace in the middle east, developing criminal justice reform, solving the opioid epidemic, reassessing all of the U.S. trade deals, head of the 2020 election strategy team, head of fundraising for the 2020 campaign, revitalizing American manufacturing, revamping FEMA and disaster relief, innovating Medicaid benefits, chairing a commission to eliminate red tape in government, being the U.S. envoy to Saudi Arabia, reforming the Department of Justice, developing a plan to build new border infrastructure, creating the "Office of American Innovation," and implementing a national school choice plan.

Now that's all Kamala's domain.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

cat botherer posted:

OK, so it looks like I’m in the minority with my opinion that Eric is dumber than Jared.

You claimed Jared is dumber than Eric! :mad:

cat botherer posted:

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Willa Rogers posted:

Now that's all Kamala's domain.

I forgot she was VP until just now

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Boris Galerkin posted:

Oh and he said this at a public hearing in front of trans activists who were basically begging the Reps to just let them be left alone. Also the Rep who made the comments is a black man.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

haveblue posted:

Plus you may just end up discovering the owner of that address is a teenager in the rear end end of eastern Europe, so recovering the money and prosecuting them may be way more trouble than it's worth for any single incident

Cryptocurrency is what makes it easy for US corporations to send money to teenagers in the rear end end of eastern Europe. If it were hard, the teenagers wouldn't bother trying to extort it

It's a weird paradox because at the same time major organized crime wouldn't touch it, because it's far too traceable and they have better laundering methods of their own.

So the entire crypto target userbase is essentially smug techbros or petty scammers, and the overlap between the two is a Venn diagram that looks like a circle.

Bel Shazar posted:

I forgot she was VP until just now

I think she'd like everyone to forget about her, and especially her record re: going to bat to defend the interests of capital and the prison industrial industry even in the face of SCOTUS orders.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jun 16, 2023

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Morrow posted:

Trump's sons are in an unenviable position where they've been abused their whole life and need to continue to suck up to their abuser to stay in his will. Jared has no such excuse.

Netinyahu slept in his bed when he was a child. I don't think he was in there at the time but still, not a normal childhood probably

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Most of the ruling class are freaks who engage in generational abuse with impunity.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Surely, regardless of your political affiliation, we can ask agree how important it is to feed one of the most vulnerable segments of our country, especially since-

https://newrepublic.com/post/173668/republicans-declare-banning-universal-free-school-meals-2024-priority posted:

States across the country are moving to provide universal free school meals to all our children. Meanwhile, Republicans are trying to stop them from doing just that.

The Republican Study Committee (of which some three-quarters of House Republicans are members) on Wednesday released its desired 2024 budget, in which the party boldly declares its priority to eliminate the Community Eligibility Provision, or CEP, from the School Lunch Program. Why? Because “CEP allows certain schools to provide free school lunches regardless of the individual eligibility of each student.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
'Better a hundred poor children go hungry than one of those get a free meal.'