Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Panfilo posted:

Step 2: market the products as being 'woke free'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Panfilo posted:

I feel like this kind of pokes holes in the notion that children are devoid of agency and empty vessels for leftist ideology. Why ban something that we can let kids decide for themselves, after all?

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1668756274287357954?t=-zGrTTluO0f0loPKq9pzQQ&s=19

Why would you feel that? Bigotry is learned, be it from online or from their family.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
"Mr. Jones, if we operate today I'm 75% sure your kidney can be saved, but first I'd like to consult with Charlie Kirk who's never steered me wrong before."

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Jaxyon posted:

Why would you feel that? Bigotry is learned, be it from online or from their family.

So what exactly would your response be if you were principal of the school in question?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Panfilo posted:

So what exactly would your response be if you were principal of the school in question?

Uh, this seeeeeeems like a pretty easy lift: “participation is not mandatory, wear what you want, but don’t make other people feel bad about or afraid of participating by chanting poo poo at them.”

E: like, these people act as if “70s day, wear your parents grandparents gently caress I’m getting old old clothes!” is mandatory and if you don’t have an afro wig you get in trouble.

E2: changed the example to avoid confusion.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 14, 2023

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Uh, this seeeeeeems like a pretty easy lift: “participation is not mandatory, wear what you want, but don’t make other people feel bad about or afraid of participating by chanting poo poo at them.”

E: like, these people act as if “70s day, wear your parents grandparents gently caress I’m getting old old clothes!” is mandatory and if you don’t have an afro wig you get in trouble.

E2: changed the example to avoid confusion.

:corsair: It's okay buddy, I still think of the 80s as like 20 years ago or whatever. I have arrested development and will be in my early 20s forever.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
"It's Grrrrrreat! If you're woke! "
https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/1668273790361501696?t=vBKp8EAAVr-pQqlzJRA3vA&s=19

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at the upcoming non woke flakes which are literally made in the same factory but the dials and ingredients are changed slightly

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

PhazonLink posted:

lol at the upcoming non woke flakes which are literally made in the same factory but the dials and ingredients are changed slightly exactly the same

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Everybody, please sign up to be an organ donor, and post online about doing so while making note of how WOKE your organs are.

The registries are too long as they are, anyways

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Conservatives have always been against organ donation, unless they need an organ. They’re also pro selling organs and probably pro harvesting them from prisoners.

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
THE SPEECH SUPPRESSOR

Remember: it's "antisemitic" to protest genocide as long as the targets are brown.

woke-a flake-a flameout

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Frosted Snow Flakes
-Ben garrison

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
Anti-Woke Flakes! They're STRRRRRAIGHT!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
RWM having a normal one today. Even more normal than I expected.

I actually heard one of them (I don't remember or know any of them anymore except Hannity) suggest DEFUNDING the police, sepcifically the FBI and DoJ of course, but I'm gonna mark this down as "poo poo I'd never thought I'd hear". These guys really hate cops; at least some of them.

Hannity is basically Chat GBT right now. "Hillary Biden laptop politicized emails Garland radical weaponized DoJ America Soros China witch hunt selective prosecution inflation patriots the United States Clinton." And so forth. "Witch Hunt Witch Hunt. Did U mention witch hunt?"

37 felony counts? Impeached twice? Indicted twice? Currently under investigation by GA and JAN 6 committee. At what point does the party of law and order begin to think that he's actually a witch? This is just the stuff he's been CHARGED with and largely admitted to.

Also, all the Merrick Garland talk has me laughing because it occured to me that if McConnell and the GOP hadn't refused to confirm or have a hearing for him, he'd be on the SCOTUS bench instead of destroying the country and picking on poor Donald with that other (new) radical, Jack Smith. I mean, not this it'd matter who it was but ironic that it's Merrick Garland. Witch Hunt Witch Hunt. Did I mention witch hunt?

Lastly, I was trying to think of the next area of science for Mike Lindell to crack open and conquer now that he's fully mastered pillow and slipper technology in less than a decade.

My Hat? Already red MAGA hats.
My Mittens? Alienates the southern market too much
My bathrobe? Preceded by the Snuggie.

How about... My PEN?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I will often listen to AM talk radio when I drive somewhere to hear what brokebrained nonsense they’re pitching to their angry senile listeners and you’re right, Hannity just has the same spiel over and over and over.

I would say it’s tiring but it’s the repetition that his fans need to recall and get continually worked up over Hillary’s 30,000 emails and bleachbit and the Russian Collusion Delusion and Fake Dossier and the rest of his greatest hits.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

sticksy posted:

I will often listen to AM talk radio when I drive somewhere to hear what brokebrained nonsense they’re pitching to their angry senile listeners and you’re right, Hannity just has the same spiel over and over and over.

Several weeks ago I was driving through central Pennsylvania AKA Pennsylbama, and FM channel surfing to stave off the stultifying boredom. More than one station was playing ads about how horrible it was that automobile manufacturers were planning on sunsetting AM radios in new cars, and how you the listener should write to your Congressman to insist that that not be allowed to happen. By complete coincidence, these tended to be Christian radio stations that also had amazing ideas about investing in gold!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
weird how regressives didnt lock her up when they had all that power.

luke warm take, even if we had a yuuugggeee red wave, the Clintons, Obama, or Hunter still wouldnt gets locked up. like my logic is its like the loony toon sheep dog Sam and Wile E Coyote. its a game and there's game hours. Venture Bros also comes to mind.

now regressives punishing their own , well its a game and thats what villains do.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

sticksy posted:

I would say it’s tiring but it’s the repetition that his fans need to recall and get continually worked up over Hillary’s 30,000 emails and bleachbit and the Russian Collusion Delusion and Fake Dossier and the rest of his greatest hits.

That's kind of what I do but I've found that my tolerance level with any of it is growing increasingly shorter since Trump showed up. poo poo is really REALLY hard to listen to.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Several weeks ago I was driving through central Pennsylvania AKA Pennsylbama, and FM channel surfing to stave off the stultifying boredom. More than one station was playing ads about how horrible it was that automobile manufacturers were planning on sunsetting AM radios in new cars, and how you the listener should write to your Congressman to insist that that not be allowed to happen. By complete coincidence, these tended to be Christian radio stations that also had amazing ideas about investing in gold!

There's some traction with this:
Electric Motors are basically static machines for AM radio, so rather than fix it some auto manufacturers are just removing AM radio from their cars entirely. (Ford, I think was the latest. Joining Tesla)
Government emergency broadcasts are all done over AM radio because both the signal travels further and this is a cold war era creation.

So there is bi partisan support to save this dreck!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
It's 2023 and there's no simple straightforward way to get a clear AM signal next to an electric motor?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Right wing media does a good thing?

https://twitter.com/jimswiftdc/status/1669301635120521221?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Panfilo posted:

It's 2023 and there's no simple straightforward way to get a clear AM signal next to an electric motor?

I don't know the technical difficulties, but as with so much else in America I imagine it boils down to "could do it, but would cost, so easier just to abandon it."

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Panfilo posted:

For large enough or close enough motors, no not really. Not simple, straightforwardly, or cheaply. Electric motors, kinda by definition, will create an electromagnetic field around them. It's, like, what makes them go. If that field is large enough or close enough to a receiver it is going to cause interference. AM radio, using Amplitude Modulation, is going to get poo poo tons of interference out of this as the signal they are receiving is going to have it's amplitude dicked around with left, right, and center by that changing electromagnetic field. FM is largely immune to this as the amplitude is a constant and the frequency is what is used for signal encoding.

Theoretically you could apply system hardening to filter some out but that's a lot of extra poo poo to add to a radio for a consumer level car. That stuff is not even common on hardened, military grade hardware. You could also put the antenna further away from the source but you're limited by the size of a car, so not a solution. Best possible solution I can pull out of my rear end with 30 seconds of thought that could maybe work is to have some kind of software filtering built in to clip out the interference generated by the motor itself but I can see a lot of things that would make that probably not work either. You would need to develop a profile of known interference generated by the motor at every stage of operation, and unique to every vehicle set up based on things like exact proximity and layout of the radio components, to even get started. I'm also not certain that, even armed with that exact profile, you would be able to separate out the noise generated. I'd have to dig back in to my radio commo theory books to be certain but I'm not sure on the receiving end there's any way to pull down the signal in a given area by a known amount and have coherent output resembling the original signal.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

central Pennsylvania AKA Pennsylbama

Pennsyltucky is closer, we're pretty far from Alabama.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

You guys reminded me that I'd heard some jackoff ranting about THE GOVERNMENT forcing car makers to remove AM radios and calling it a war on conservative talk radio. Is it a war on sports talk, NPR and church radio too?

These guys think everything is a direct attack on them and then run around calling everyone snowflakes, bitching about particpation trophies and telling people to suck it up and get tough. They also really worship at the altar of capitalism but then get really upset when it speaks in ways they dislike.

They love cops and swift, brutal punishment too except when it comes for one of them.

They'll worship the military, vets and OUR TROOPS unless one of them is openly gay or homeless with PTSD. Or John Kerry

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

BiggerBoat posted:

You guys reminded me that I'd heard some jackoff ranting about THE GOVERNMENT forcing car makers to remove AM radios and calling it a war on conservative talk radio. Is it a war on sports talk, NPR and church radio too?

The am talk radio program I listen to declared it a war on conservatism and told people to write their car manufacturers about it.

The fm talk radio show said :shrug: what can you do, change with the times or get left behind. (shrug not audible, but felt)

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
So I take it these people's brains are way too cooked to be able to stream the station from their phones?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
^ too be fair radio is free and always on unless there's a nat. disaster or a hilarious "human problem/incident (nukes, a 9/11, etc). also less screen time is good.

also neat that im learning that the AM removal is the car industry seeing the wide adoption of ecars and the engineering probelms.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Panfilo posted:

FM was the solution.
Either the signal is strong enough to break the interference of the motor, which cuts its range.
Or the signal is drowned out by the motor but has a range.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Thank you for the radio lesson. I'm a layman, the very idea of wireless television signals is just sophisticated sorcery to me. Didn't know how challenging the issue was.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The actual solution: One big button on the dash labeled "AM Radio". No actual radio, just a curated selection of streaming, steaming content.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Heard some Fox shithead screeching about some evil child abuser who suggested two year old kids should have been masking, and how great it is that we woke up from that anti-science nightmare.

Commercial break.

The show resumes, and he started shrieking about Anthony Blinken's upcoming trip to our enemy, China, who never faced any consequence for unleashing a plague on the world, and demanding that he do more investigation into the Wuhan lab.

Before the next commercial, he said something about Demi Lovato's pronouns.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Lionel Hutz giving legal advice to Trump, I love it!

Dr Christmas posted:

Before the next commercial, he said something about Demi Lovato's pronouns.

What I heard from Twitter was her making a remark that it's too tiring to use they/them pronouns and she's going back to she/her, which helps reinforce to reactionaries that the whole pronoun thing is bullshit since the proponents of it can't be bothered to keep it up on their end.

Also heard about some white Starbucks manager who won some huge racial discrimination lawsuit recently. Chuds have been celebrating this as a great victory to somehow proving "reverse racism" exists. The funny thing about it is that this will actually do the opposite for them-next time someone whines about affirmative action you can point out the white lady who is $24 million richer thanks to being white. Between that and barring employees from putting up pride flags, I Guess Starbucks is no longer woke now?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Right wingers are far too busy at their jobs to protest. Also they're scared of cops now lol.
https://twitter.com/TheRabbitHole84/status/1669334385907351553?t=g1BY7lC6GHA5pvMBsDRvGA&s=19

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Right wing media does a good thing?

[Tweet about Trump listening to Judicial Watch instead of lawyers]
Man, this is a Trumpy thing to do but also feels like a super old-man thing to do. He's always been a narcissist and an idiot but I think 60 year old Trump would have been able to tell who was giving him actual legal advice and who might as well have been talking about the gold fringe on the flags. It's like being the victim of a scam, it's just the kind of thing that's way more likely to happen when you're losing capacity. Except in this case, instead of taking Trump's money, they get, uh... why does Judicial Watch do what they do, again? I guess that they probably get some pretty fat donations and doing things like "advising the President" is good for that, even if what you're doing is a joke and destroying his career.

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Panfilo posted:

Because every single electric motor in existence is an AM transmitter. Cars add the varied load that makes the radio make noises.

as you may notice, an electric car motor has 1. a large amount of coiled wire, 2. a large wiring harness 3. a large capacitor 4. a varying/non continuous transmission of power through this system

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
magic, got it

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Panfilo posted:

Lionel Hutz giving legal advice to Trump, I love it!

It's kind of amazing how he doesn't even try to understand the ruling in his own case.

As far as I can tell what it says is that the president declares something as personal upon it's creation and at the end of his term once he has left office AND IS NO LONGER PRESIDENT the archivist ACTING FOR THE CURRENT PRESIDENT then reviews that determination and approves or deny's it at her discretion. Since it's her discretion Tom Fitton can not sue to have the determination reversed.

The key point being that the ex-president is not president when the determination is made. The PRA is really clear that the determination by the archivist happens after the term has ended. Also, since it's the archivists discretion they can change their mind later.

Also note that something being 'personal' does not change it's classification status or it's contents. There is no world in which Trump has a declassified personal copy of an actively classified and 'closely held' piece of national defense information. Hence the espionage act doesn't care if it's 'classified' just that it's NDI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
https://twitter.com/GOP/status/1669448717198303232

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.