Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

he went for the kick but then his natural flopping instincts took over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Dexo posted:

My guess is Ja and the Union aren't gonna fight this.

It'd be a real dumb fight to take on, considering they have overtly tried to help, coddle and guide him as much as possible before this most recent event.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1669764419289579526?s=20

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Skrill.exe posted:

When I first started watching I thought, "How sweet, Embiid is back in Cameroon (I assume) playing with a bunch of local kids." then you look more closely and he's actually just towering over a bunch of grown-rear end men.
lol yeah

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I do feel like this is a bit of a letdown after Silver hyped it up as so big it would take away from the finals.

Don’t clickbait me Adam.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Skrill.exe posted:

When I first started watching I thought, "How sweet, Embiid is back in Cameroon (I assume) playing with a bunch of local kids." then you look more closely and he's actually just towering over a bunch of grown-rear end men.

my second thought was "why play soccer on a hill?"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

lmao, yeah, they have to say that.

They are gonna talk to Ja, then talk to the League office, and I would be shocked if it's mentioned again.

It would be cosmically dumb for them to actually fight this more than the baseline union duty of this questioning of the process and making sure it's above board. As "unstated conditions" are kinda bullshit.

Because if the League like actually lays out facts publicly, Ja is not gonna come out looking good, and no one on any side wants that.

loving laffo if they do though. Ja's people would be like insanely stupid to keep this in the news by challenging it, and it sounds like he has no intention of actually doing so judging by his statement.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Dexo posted:

They are gonna talk to Ja, then talk to the League office, and I would be shocked if it's mentioned again.

It would be cosmically dumb for them to actually fight this more than the baseline union duty of this questioning of the process and making sure it's above board. As "unstated conditions" are kinda bullshit.

Because if the League like actually lays out facts publicly, Ja is not gonna come out looking good, and no one on any side wants that.

loving laffo if they do though. Ja's people would be like insanely stupid to keep this in the news by challenging it, and it sounds like he has no intention of actually doing so judging by his statement.

I dunno about the NBPA but you deeeefinitely don’t have to make facts “public” just because you filed a grievance

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

kingcobweb posted:

I dunno about the NBPA but you deeeefinitely don’t have to make facts “public” just because you filed a grievance

If they go through with this, I would not be shocked if suddenly a bunch of prominent NBA scoops people suddenly have a bunch of details about the NBA's investigations involving Ja to report.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1669753277955854337?s=20

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cop mentality!

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
yeah I'm a cop in that im super anti gun and anti idiots with guns. ja has exhibited a pattern that indicates a lack of self awareness and serious dedication to change his behavior. 25 games is a weak suspension given the violation was a repeat of the exact behavior that got him in trouble and was **THIS IS SO IMPORTANT** illegal. that flashing a gun on livestream in a car isnt **THIS IS SO IMPORTANT** illegal is completely irrelevant.

imo it should have been 26 games 👍 🚓 🚨 💙 blm blue lives matter 💙

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

hifi posted:

cop mentality!

I mean what does this even mean

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
I can only wish I was the Basketball Cop and had the power to suspend/ban players for various infractions that personally offended me. Release a bad mixtape, that's an automatic 20 games. Rep Under Armour, lifetime ban.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

also drat 25 games is worth 10 million bux. thats crazy. imagine being recognized as that valuable as a person and just being a petty idiot dipshit again and again.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Prior to this, even though i'm way older than Ja he is my hero. Now I know there are no heroes. Only villains.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

nikosoft posted:

I can only wish I was the Basketball Cop and had the power to suspend/ban players for various infractions that personally offended me. Release a bad mixtape, that's an automatic 20 games. Rep Under Armour, lifetime ban.

pass out of a sick dunk, removed from game for 4 minutes
flop, 4 minute power play
mention god in your media session, full game suspension
be trey young, confined to a dungeon to subsist on a diet of grubs and infant sheep bones

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

nikosoft posted:

Anyone who jumps without any plan whatsoever and proceeds to turn the ball over on a dumb pass gets a game suspension.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

ja should be required to play with an unloaded gun in his offhand

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Ghost Dog posted:

Can we do this but with Jaylen Brown. He would become his best self when he is unable to even attempt to dribble with his left.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
bow and arrows only for Ja

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

If ja went from 30 seconds of therapy to 25 games maybe the third infraction is 2500 years.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ja should sue that Florida rehab center

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Ja got renewed for 3 years on the shoe deal.

Which is really rewarding him for social media clout chasing cause little kids love it. I hope he can just not flash guns on social media and realize he's more famous and has higher status than rappers so he doesn't need to pretend to be king von anymore

I enjoy watching him play basketball

pentyne posted:

drat this is crazy, does the NBA know about all this?
Laugh out lord

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Ghost Dog posted:

In Infinite Jest there's a tennis player who wins every match but is never officially ranked because he plays every match with a gun to his temple threatening to blow his brains out if he doesn't win

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
"Ja will be suspended 5 games for being a fake thug that has guns but doesn't bust them"
"Ja will be suspended 5 additional games for saying no to pussy to go play xbox with his 'broke rear end friends that don't like him anyway', an confidential source reported to league officials. The NBPA will be disputing the 'broke rear end' charges later in the week."

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean what does this even mean

Ja is gonna have to write a 3 page (double spaced) essay about why what he did was bad. MLA formatting.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

It means he has to go on oprah and apologize

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Dexo posted:

Anyone who jumps without any plan whatsoever and proceeds to turn the ball over on a dumb pass gets a game suspension.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Criminal Minded posted:

In Infinite Jest there's a tennis player who wins every match but is never officially ranked because he plays every match with a gun to his temple threatening to blow his brains out if he doesn't win

Embiid taking notes for next year's MVP race.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
lol

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Dexo posted:

Nah I think they’re going to absolutely challenge it, it’s why I was asking if it was negotiated. If not there’s no way the NBAPA decides this is the moment they don’t wield their power

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
can't wait for jb to post some d wyatt man comics to support ja

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

pentyne posted:

drat this is crazy, does the NBA know about all this?

lmao

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
LOCK HIM UP!!!!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

shooter morant

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Dexo posted:

How many games should Hezonja have gotten for this?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Jokic had one of the better playoff performances:

code:
Player		WS	Year		Player	VORP	Year
Tim Duncan	5.94	2003		LeBron James	3.40	2018
LeBron James	5.82	2012		Tim Duncan	3.15	2003
Dirk Nowitzki	5.39	2006		LeBron James	3.12	2012
LeBron James	5.20	2013		LeBron James	2.99	2013
LeBron James	5.16	2018		Larry Bird	2.95	1984
Nikola Jokic	5.01	2023		Nikola Jokic	2.95	2023

Forrest on Fire posted:

Sir this is an Arby's

Bring back the Arby-Q® or there's going to be hell to pay.

trevorreznik posted:

I've given up on Patrick Williams, Cody White and everyone else they've drafted. I guess they can point to the Heat as why all you need to do is make the play-in.

We don't have Butler III though.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Zogo posted:

Bring back the Arby-Q® or there's going to be hell to pay.

:haibrower:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

anakha posted:

Just curious, what metrics rate the 1991 and 1993 Bulls as below average defensively? The narrative around the first threepeat team was that they forced a lot of turnovers with how long and quick Jordan/Pippen/Grant were defensively.

Lid posted:

I'd like to know that too given MJ was the greatest two-way player of all time so saying they were bad defensively is they must've been atrocious if Jordan couldn't keep them at average.

Both of those teams had a worse than average D FG%. ~97% of NBA/ABA champions have a D FG% better than league average.

-Christian Braun
-Michael Porter Jr.
-Jamal Murray

Their D all improved markedly in the playoffs.

It's been a few days and I'm still :lol:ing at that crooked ref calling the foul because Aaron Gordon's private part injured Jimmy's foot. That ref was sweating profusely knowing he had to lie in front of millions of people in a futile effort to extend the series.