Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m just gonna wait for the inevitable giant box set with all five. It’s the reason I’ve held off on buying any of the 4Ks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Indy 5 isn't a Paramount Picture.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Edward Mass posted:

Indy 5 isn't a Paramount Picture.

quote:

It is also the only film in the series not to be distributed by Paramount Pictures, following Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm that transferred film rights for future sequels. Paramount instead retains the distribution rights to the first four films and a residual associate credit.

god drat it

Edit:

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m just gonna wait for the inevitable giant box set with all five. It’s the reason I’ve held off on buying any of the 4Ks.

Might wanna jump on that Amazon sale brother.

pwn fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 15, 2023

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
ugh of loving course

:argh: Movie rights :argh:

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Got an actual update on my Showgirls UHD, deliver is next Wednesday. Ugh :(

mem
Sep 1, 2005

Boywhiz88 posted:

Got an actual update on my Showgirls UHD, deliver is next Wednesday. Ugh :(

It looks great. I hadn't watched it since 95-96. Wife and I still very much enjoyed the movie though, some great lines in there.

I hope they do Flesh and Blood now that they've worked with Verhoeven.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Gripweed posted:

Like, holy poo poo Linda Linda Linda got a DVD in America? And it's gone forever now?

I bought one long before it went OOP :smug:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Flesh and Blood would definitely be a perfect fit for VS, seems like a natural choice if they can get the rights.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I just want one of these shops to put out Koji Shiraishi movies dammit

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Legend of Boggy Creek 4k showed up on on the bluray.com release calendar for August. No preorder available yet so I guess that release date is pretty tentative.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I just watched that the other day (since my.legend of boggy creek 2 showed up lol) it's insanely good. That'll be a day 1 for me

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

MacheteZombie posted:

I just want one of these shops to put out Koji Shiraishi movies dammit

It is insanely rucked up that Record of a Sweet Murder is, as far as I know, the only movie of his that got a bluray release in America. Don't get me wrong, Record of a Sweet Murder loving owns, but c'mon. Tim Ritter gets a nice blu ray box set by nobody is going for Shiraishi's stuff?

MacheteZombie posted:

I just watched that the other day (since my.legend of boggy creek 2 showed up lol) it's insanely good. That'll be a day 1 for me

Boggy Creek is possibly the most pleasant film viewing experience you can have. It's like being told a story by a kindly grandfather.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gripweed posted:

Boggy Creek is possibly the most pleasant film viewing experience you can have. It's like being told a story by a kindly grandfather.

And it's just so good looking, I was expecting something more obviously low budget but the locations they shot in were really atmospheric and cool, and it's shot really well.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I agree with your point, but the Tim Ritter set wasn't a box set! Just a bluray case for 4 discs lol

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Criterion announced a Princess Bride 4k upgrade.

I'm torn because the regular blu ray already looks so drat good. It's kinda hard for me to imagine it looking dramatically better than it already does.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Criterion's September announcements:

The Princess Bride 4K
Walkabout 4K
Orson Welles' The Trial
La Bamba
and Moonage Daydream

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

It's The Princess Bride, that makes it an automatic upgrade.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Did VS say anything about what would happen if you had a partner blu-ray on one of the halfway sale pre-orders?

I think I might have hosed myself a little bit by adding Shaolin Untouchables to my Showgirls pre-order back in April

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

goth smoking cloves posted:

Did VS say anything about what would happen if you had a partner blu-ray on one of the halfway sale pre-orders?

I think I might have hosed myself a little bit by adding Shaolin Untouchables to my Showgirls pre-order back in April

shouldnt affect it. I just had my partner title ship (but the halfway sale stuff didnt). So we'll see. More shipping notifications should be going out now.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
Agreed with the above posters, Boggy Creek kicks rear end. Some really great photography too. Last night I watched Are 51: The Alien Interview (1997) on YouTube and it was amazingly bad. I saw it back in the day and was terrified lol

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

when I was a kid, one of the movies me and my mom would watch over and over was Boggy Creek. Can't wait for this 4K.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Cooking with gas this weekend

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

dorium posted:

Cooking with gas this weekend

drat, that looks nice.

I finally watched 4 last night and it kinda rules. Way better than 3, at least. Really dig Donnie Yen doing an even better Zatoichi than when he was in Rogue One.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yea the presence of Yen as almost like a second protagonist is a huge boost to the movie. I was worried he would have limited screen time and they blew my expectations out of the water.

And I think it's gotta be the best looking movie of the series too, the UHD is just scene after scene of eye popping visuals.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Basebf555 posted:

Yea the presence of Yen as almost like a second protagonist is a huge boost to the movie. I was worried he would have limited screen time and they blew my expectations out of the water.

And I think it's gotta be the best looking movie of the series too, the UHD is just scene after scene of eye popping visuals.

All the Osaka stuff looked incredible.

And speaking of the Osaka stuff, I was also pleasantly surprised to see an American movie actually use Hiroyuki Sanada for more than a 30 second cameo. It wasn’t a huge role or anything, but it was meatier than I expected.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

goth smoking cloves posted:

Shouldn’t affect a thing. I’m a subscriber so it’s a little different for me, but I actually got my June partner order included with my half way order.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3941448

I havent put anything up yet, but I am planning to start selling off some blu-rays/dvd's and possibly some UHD's in the near future so keep it bookmarked and an eye out for updates. Still have to comb through everything I own and see what I'm parting with.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

dorium posted:

shouldnt affect it. I just had my partner title ship (but the halfway sale stuff didnt). So we'll see. More shipping notifications should be going out now.

Liar Lyre posted:

Shouldn’t affect a thing. I’m a subscriber so it’s a little different for me, but I actually got my June partner order included with my half way order.

Awesome, thanks for the responses.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://kinolorber.com/product/hardcore-special-edtion

Paul Schrader's 'Hardcore' is getting a blu-ray release through Kino Lorber, but its coming with none of the Indicator release extras, but two commentaries instead. One of those instances where I'll probably just keep both to have it all.

Received many shipping notices from VS just now:

dorium fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 16, 2023

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

dorium posted:

https://kinolorber.com/product/hardcore-special-edtion

Paul Schrader's 'Hardcore' is getting a blu-ray release through Kino Lorber, but its coming with none of the Indicator release extras, but two commentaries instead. One of those instances where I'll probably just keep both to have it all.

Received many shipping notices from VS just now:

Lots of good stuff coming from Kino:
https://kinolorber.com/pre-order

They've managed to finally bring all the German Lubitsch silents from MoC's "Lubitsch in Berlin" set, with the last volume coming in July including The Doll and I Don't Want to Be a Man.

There's also a massive Blu-ray set of vintage restored Soundies (40s/50s version of music videos) coming soon.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
For whoever was asking about this a few pages ago, it's back in stock

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1669537073202888704?t=-9OFS5OrGOBCf3BxAg4QZg&s=19

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Homeybeef posted:

For whoever was asking about this a few pages ago, it's back in stock

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1669537073202888704?t=-9OFS5OrGOBCf3BxAg4QZg&s=19

Beauty, thanks for the help.

The first of many 6/20 releases shipped early! Ronin 4k should be arriving tomorrow, thanks to living right next to a major usps sorting facility.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Egbert Souse posted:

Lots of good stuff coming from Kino:
https://kinolorber.com/pre-order

They've managed to finally bring all the German Lubitsch silents from MoC's "Lubitsch in Berlin" set, with the last volume coming in July including The Doll and I Don't Want to Be a Man.

There's also a massive Blu-ray set of vintage restored Soundies (40s/50s version of music videos) coming soon.

OOOOOH Three Days of the Condor. Hell yeah. Would also love to get All the President's Men on UHD soon too.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Sweet, my order just shipped too, looking forward to experiencing Showgirls and Ninja in the Claws of the CIA for the first time

Also looking forward to subjecting friends and family to Death Promise, Don't Go in the Woods... ALONE! and Alien Private Eye

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Alien Private Eye is amazing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1669721474201010176?s=20

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

:kstare:

havent seen those since high school and not sure if i want to revisit them

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

dorium posted:

OOOOOH Three Days of the Condor. Hell yeah. Would also love to get All the President's Men on UHD soon too.

Yes this is great news. Been waiting for a 4k condor, easy pre order.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

There are THREE of these??? Lol. The first has some neat effects but I don’t need to watch it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

PinkoBastard posted:

There are THREE of these??? Lol. The first has some neat effects but I don’t need to watch it again.

Hell, there's a fourth one called Black Sun: The Nanking Massacre. I haven't seen that one in like twenty years and the only thing I remember about it is like a fetus being bayonetted by a Japanese soldier.