Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Slugworth posted:

Somewhere out there there's a very confused cowboy wearing your fedora.

M'neighy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Hay dudes, whats the gallop. I pranced to this page without previous context.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Got the Final Fantasy XVI Demo on lock. Thinking to play tonight and have a drink or three.

Also got chili simmering on the stove. My wife isn’t the biggest chili fan but I put my foot down and begged her please let’s have chili tonight.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

beans or no beans (v important)

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Been a rough week. Got rougher just before 5pm. Oh well, it’s Friday, it’s drinking time, I’ve ordered the pizza, now just have to buy Diablo IV

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Found a lil creeper in my doorframe just now

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

got some lunking in at the ol' home gym, ate a wonderful tofu and yaki udon bowl at a japanese place, and now it's time to ride my horse around in d4

also thinking to have a drink or three

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
It is almost 100F outside and so I'm making ramen broth.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

El Jebus posted:

It is almost 100F outside and so I'm making ramen broth.

It's almost summer and it's been in the 50Fs the past few days. :mad:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i'm jealous of your 50 F summer here in FL, we all want what we can't have

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Toxic Mental posted:

beans or no beans (v important)

Beans, natch. Kidney and black.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

sounds perfect, and the corn? what variety?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

That’s a Bold Jumping Spider (Mrs BAGS is a spider lady and keeps various of these as pets)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Bad Purchase posted:

sounds perfect, and the corn? what variety?

Shan’t put corn in chili I’m afraid.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Rocky mountain oysters?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Charles Bukowski posted:

Rocky mountain oysters?

Has there been a seafood chili?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Did you all hear about the pickle that had 6 toes?

Turns out it was in bread

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i've heard of seafood lasagna, which sounds pretty gross to me, but i know someone who claims to love it

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Pennywise the Frown posted:

It's almost summer and it's been in the 50Fs the past few days. :mad:

drat, I miss the 50s. I mean, the temp, not the era. I mean, the fahrenheit temp, not celcius.

Anyways, ramen, go get some!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Shan’t put corn in chili I’m afraid.

I made a vegetarian chili once with corn in it and it was honestly one of the better chilis I've made.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i did mess up and use a canned corn once that had some kind of sweetness to it in the flavoring, it wasn't right for chili

make sure you're getting neutral corn in your chili, folks

i still ate it of course

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I had grilled corn on the cob yesterday, which is the preferred preparation.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
I put corn in a white bean chicken chili, but been more partial to chili Verde when I smoke a pork butt

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I had grilled corn on the cob yesterday, which is the preferred preparation.

Every summer we have like 20 church festivals (almost all catholic) here in my city. None of them have anything whatsoever to do with religion. It's just raising money I guess and they all have the same stuff for the most part. Food, raffles, games, bands, etc. My favorite part is the roasted corn. Over the years they've gotten fancier and some people bring in actual corn roasting machine grills with a conveyor belt. They pull the corn off the grill, pull the husk back, dip the whole thing into a vat of butter, wrap a napkin around the bottom husk, and then hand it to you. There used to be only salt available but now people are leaving out a bunch of different seasonings like seasoned salt, Old Bay, lemon pepper, a bunch of stuff.

They're great. I saw a priest at one last year and said hi. I spent 2 years in Catholic school as a kid. That's about as religious as the church festivals here get.

This is the north mind you, so religion is a bit different. You keep that poo poo to yourself.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Beans, natch. Kidney and black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRpq7o1mKXY

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
St.louis was a big catholic place in the past but it seems like they are hurting big time and are begging for money on billboards.

Small town in Missouri called Perryville has a seminary picnic every year with a restored carousel that's pretty sweet.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

RATINGS

"flip"

Dipping toes into the culture war pool again

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Every summer we have like 20 church festivals (almost all catholic) here in my city. None of them have anything whatsoever to do with religion. It's just raising money I guess and they all have the same stuff for the most part. Food, raffles, games, bands, etc. My favorite part is the roasted corn. Over the years they've gotten fancier and some people bring in actual corn roasting machine grills with a conveyor belt. They pull the corn off the grill, pull the husk back, dip the whole thing into a vat of butter, wrap a napkin around the bottom husk, and then hand it to you. There used to be only salt available but now people are leaving out a bunch of different seasonings like seasoned salt, Old Bay, lemon pepper, a bunch of stuff.

They're great. I saw a priest at one last year and said hi. I spent 2 years in Catholic school as a kid. That's about as religious as the church festivals here get.

This is the north mind you, so religion is a bit different. You keep that poo poo to yourself.

Old Bay on roasted corn sounds baller. The way I do it is I shuck the corn and then wrap it in foil with butter, salt, and pepper. 20 minutes or so on a hot grill, perfect every time, and no need to further season. Sometimes if I’m charcoal grilling or smoking I’ll leave the husks on and soak for a while then put em directly over the coals.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Chili without beans is just meat and sauce and only useful for topping hot dogs. If chili is the main course you gotta have thos beans.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The goal should be to get as much meat in your gaping maw as possible

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

wife is out walking the baby, gonna put on the yellow river boys and skull some piss (beer)

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

A Snowman is when you step outside at the company get-together in winter and get jizzed on your face and it freezes.

John Waters 2022

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Toxic Mental posted:

The goal should be to get as much meat in your gaping maw as possible

I think I'm just gonna switch to beans. Meat is so dang expensive these days. 🍖 🥓 🥩 😞

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Beans are great in chili and are very healthy and filling!

The only reason I use no-bean chili is for chili dogs. That's it.

gently caress purists and gently caress Texans.

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL
Had a pre-social me drink at home. Heading to a cornhole tourney. For my bunghole.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I thought this was a sid selfie for a second

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
Garfield loves fridays

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Beans are great in chili and are very healthy and filling!

The only reason I use no-bean chili is for chili dogs. That's it.

gently caress purists and gently caress Texans.

Yes you need beans in chili. Adding beans in chili means you get to make more chili without spending $100 on meat. It's just basic logic. The beans still deliver that spicy chili in your mouth and out your rear end in a top hat.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
After playing the demo gonna say Final Fantasy XVI is a definite cop. High on the medieval fantasy, very low on the anime. Visually stunning on PS5, clearly making full use of each and every core. Chalking up another win for the fine people at Sony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It's 10pm...I've played some Diablo IV as a Frenzy Barb because I chickened out and melee is what I'm familiar with...I should sleep cause I'm meeting my adopted uncle tomorrow morning and going to a pig and goat roast with tiki drinks in the evening...then a Sunday rooftop garden with drinks...so it's gonna be a weekend. I'm adulting.