Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Imagine the outrage when one of the battlepass tiers is tied to maxing renown in every region :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Am I crazy for not using the brand new ancestral ~800ilvl staff with 2/4 good affixes (I could roll to 3/4) because I don't want to give up the shockwave I *just* found for my ~700ish ilvl hammer in spite of the base damage for the staff being way loving better (obviously). I figure I'd just farm another shockwave until I can't take it anymore and continue to to renown grinding in WT4 while I wait.

Damage at this point doesn't appear to be a limiting factor. I can kill poo poo just fine. I pretty much only feel threatened by like groups of 5-6 elites. I run out of spirit and can't get an Earthen Might proc so I just have to run away because if I stop to gain spirit I die.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gatts posted:

gently caress it all to the ground. Been a rough work week, I bought the ultimate edition. Installing as we speak. Now time to study what char and build I want to invest time in.

Bone spear necro seems like it’s maybe one of the best

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Swilo posted:

Imagine the outrage when one of the battlepass tiers is tied to maxing renown in every region :unsmigghh:

There will 100% be a step for this. The fun one is if they do the old conquests like beat all campaign bosses in 20 minutes.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Shredder posted:

what are you guys even saving

- gems, ok whatever, probably don't need
- aspects, aside from a few perfect rolls, don't most of these roll at higher stat ranges so you don't want to use low level aspects on high level gear?
- legendaries, trash them for mats already
- sigils, break that poo poo down
- potions, maybe drink a few

aside from an alternate gear set for another build what is eating up all your space

Dunno, I'm keeping a lot of aspects because I'm not set on any build and I feel like a lot of these are build enablers.
I was asking for help for minions yesterday, then I said "let's try using the +2 to Bone Spirit on the Blood Artisan armor", then I rerolled into Bone Spirit, everything is much easier with my big boy explosions!
One hit many kills.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Ice Fist posted:

Am I crazy for not using the brand new ancestral ~800ilvl staff with 2/4 good affixes (I could roll to 3/4) because I don't want to give up the shockwave I *just* found for my ~700ish ilvl hammer in spite of the base damage for the staff being way loving better (obviously). I figure I'd just farm another shockwave until I can't take it anymore and continue to to renown grinding in WT4 while I wait.

Damage at this point doesn't appear to be a limiting factor. I can kill poo poo just fine. I pretty much only feel threatened by like groups of 5-6 elites. I run out of spirit and can't get an Earthen Might proc so I just have to run away because if I stop to gain spirit I die.

Can you just extract the power and put it on your new weapon?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Can you just extract the power and put it on your new weapon?

No, it's already imprinted.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Shredder posted:

- aspects, aside from a few perfect rolls, don't most of these roll at higher stat ranges so you don't want to use low level aspects on high level gear?

aside from an alternate gear set for another build what is eating up all your space

big shred business here telling everyone to shred everything :jerkbag:

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Shredder posted:

ARPG brain worms that make people pick up every time.

I don't have my first stash slot full and probably never will. If an item doesn't roll 3/4 good affixes OR if it takes more than two rerolls to get to 4/4 I trash it.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
My stash is full of garbage I fully accept is garbage and tons of dupes but I've been having more fun killing poo poo than staring at rolls when I'm still only in WT3.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Ice Fist posted:

No, it's already imprinted.

This is why you imprint build enablers onto jewelry instead of weapons.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

Bone spear necro seems like it’s maybe one of the best

That's what I'm thinking. Until it's probably patched.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Bone spear necro is great so far but those dome shield guys are going to contribute to most of my deaths now, I just know it. You gotta get right in there with them to hit em with the spear and I've already died so many times, haha.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Shredder posted:

Gems, haven't been picking up in a week.
Aspects, I'm saving 1 of each maybe 2 for build enablers.
Sigils, I'm capped on sigil dust and have 15 to run in my bags.
Potions, I get them faster than they are consumed.

Some people like to save pieces of gear that are similar to later decide which is truly better. After a few hours of play it's not uncommon to have 20-30 800" item power items that are 3-4/4 affixes for one of several builds.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Shredder posted:

I played Destiny so the "keep one of everything in case it gets buffed or you want to build into it later or seasonal bullshit makes it relevant" ethos is strongly ingrained.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Man, this barb is way more fun than my bone spear necro. It kinda sucks that necros just feel like poop compared to D2 and D3. They're just not fun, they're just annoying to play imo. I feel dirty playing anything other than necro in a Diablo game and it sucks.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Thanks to everyone who recommended Flurry the other day, I'm having way more fun with it than Twisting Blades. I imagine Twisting Blades gets more fun at endgame levels with aspects but for just blasting through the campaign I'm having a good time shredding things with poison imbued Flurry

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Cyrano4747 posted:

They're doing a lot of dancing around the fact that poopsockers exist. Early on they had a great comment along the lines of "the vast majority of our players haven't finished the campaign yet, but we know there are some very . . . . dedicated players who have capped their character already."

That's me. I just got the mount and I have to say, its a lot better than running!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I haven't finished the campaign yet but also I just started two days ago

Is it weird that I'm level 30 and just finished act 1? I should probably stop doing literally every side dungeon I come across the moment I first see it huh

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
My ww barb is level 63. I'm doing nightmare dungeons, but I feel real loving squishy any time I'm not using challenging shout. Is this normal?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Harrow posted:

Is it weird that I'm level 30 and just finished act 1? I should probably stop doing literally every side dungeon I come across the moment I first see it huh

The game isn't paced to do all the side content and the campaign before you slam into level 50, so you'll want to do what you feel like, clear the campaign, knock out the little challenge dungeon to go to WT3 and then do everything from there. You can do as much as you like now but XP gain falls off at 50+ in WT2/Campaign.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Asproigerosis posted:

My ww barb is level 63. I'm doing nightmare dungeons, but I feel real loving squishy any time I'm not using challenging shout. Is this normal?

yeah. gear helps. paragon nodes help, especially glyphs. i can do level ~55 NM dungeons solo atm but when challenging is down i can get one shot by a lot of stuff. legs and chest can get some really beefy defensive rolls on them, once you have fury under control you can also drop a builder from your bars and throw on iron skin. gaining levels helps immensely too. idk i just kinda improved everything over time but if i push Nm keys 3-4 levels too high it starts to fall apart where i can’t kill stuff inside my def buff timers

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I'm hoping Blizzard backs down on renown not fully carrying over between seasons. I don't mind having to grab aspects again, but maxing out every region once was enough.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Harrow posted:

Thanks to everyone who recommended Flurry the other day, I'm having way more fun with it than Twisting Blades. I imagine Twisting Blades gets more fun at endgame levels with aspects but for just blasting through the campaign I'm having a good time shredding things with poison imbued Flurry

Poison flurry requires fewer good aspects and stacked damage to work because of the way vulnerable works.

A single bow with +vulnerable damage on it twice and the flurry aspect is about all you need

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Harrow posted:

It is usually recommended to make a beeline for act 4 and unlock the mount, which expedites doing optional content a little more convenient if these are your cuppa.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I finally bit the bullet and swapped to ice sorc and holy poo poo
I got a few items still with lightning bonuses but it doesn't matter. Anything frozen ceases to exist in 1 frame, as does everything nearby.
I was horribly outleveling my unique staff, so the new one was a 600 sheet-dps increase to say nothing of the vuln/crit/cd.
I am tempted to try make Fire work - but ice is just so stupendously good I'd be tormenting myself.
As a bonus it doesn't even need any unique to function - and the 2 (I think) drop only aspects aren't even mandatory.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Vashro posted:

fireshield, ice nova, teleport as usual. I'm using firewall and inferno and ice shield with enchant on firewall and fireshield b/c on hardcore and too scared to not use it. I'm not into the paragon board yet. You can get more damage if you use meteor enchantment to combo off the firewalls. There's a long video by Kripparrion on youtube about his late game build.
So far it's been fun and easy to gear but I am not even at WT3.

This is similar to my build for HC, though I have the fire snake instead of teleport. Why is teleport included in so many builds, does it do something besides teleport? So far I have not really had any close calls at level 43, I really just want to beat the game before I die, I will be annoyed if I lose to the last boss and need to replay the entire story over again.

Also, I have not seen The Butcher yet, I think I will fight him if I see him, hopefully I do not die.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Pain of Mind posted:

This is similar to my build for HC, though I have the fire snake instead of teleport. Why is teleport included in so many builds, does it do something besides teleport? So far I have not really had any close calls at level 43, I really just want to beat the game before I die, I will be annoyed if I lose to the last boss and need to replay the entire story over again.

Also, I have not seen The Butcher yet, I think I will fight him if I see him, hopefully I do not die.

You can break out of a stun with teleport

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Whoopi is on Instagram live right now trashing blizzard and talking about diablo. I am losing my mind!!

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Pain of Mind posted:

It breaks crowd control and there is a unique chest that pulls monsters to you. It also has a huge lucky hit chance, so teleport > frost nova > firewalls and meteors will be flying everywhere.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Pain of Mind posted:

This is similar to my build for HC, though I have the fire snake instead of teleport. Why is teleport included in so many builds, does it do something besides teleport?

Teleport breaks crowd control and nightmare dungeons are where you get stunlocked to death

E: also turning into a lightning bolt and zipping across the screen is fun and satisfying

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Tarnop posted:

Teleport breaks crowd control and nightmare dungeons are where you get stunlocked to death

For some sickening reason if you slot teleport into your enchant slot like a madman, your dash becomes a teleport and:

It will pull enemies using the unique effect
It will count as 'using a cooldown' for barrier/aspect purposes
It will NOT break CC for some reason

Honestly as fun as it is having up to 4 teleports to vacuum/stun with, you have to be careful to save your 'real' one for emergencies.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Theotus posted:

I'm hoping Blizzard backs down on renown not fully carrying over between seasons. I don't mind having to grab aspects again, but maxing out every region once was enough.

The more I think about it, the more I seriously doubt it stays this way past 2-3 seasons. Allowing as much as they're already allowing to carry over shows that they recognize it's a pain point for players, and I have to imagine it's one they'll budge on as people get tired of repeating it. Honestly just having side quests carry over and then having players do strongholds and dungeons naturally as they level for the last bit would be huge.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

The more I think about it, the more I seriously doubt it stays this way past 2-3 seasons. Allowing as much as they're already allowing to carry over shows that they recognize it's a pain point for players, and I have to imagine it's one they'll budge on as people get tired of repeating it. Honestly just having side quests carry over and then having players do strongholds and dungeons naturally as they level for the last bit would be huge.

Yeah even that would be much better. It'd be cool if random events awarded 5-10 renown or something as well. I think you're right though, if a big chunk of players don't move to seasonal I expect they'll make changes pretty quickly.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

One of the guys on the stream today said that it's their intent to gradually scale down how much you have to repeat each season, so now they can just say they're accelerating their existing plan after receiving player feedback

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

DarkDobe posted:

For some sickening reason if you slot teleport into your enchant slot like a madman, your dash becomes a teleport and:

It will pull enemies using the unique effect
It will count as 'using a cooldown' for barrier/aspect purposes
It will NOT break CC for some reason

Honestly as fun as it is having up to 4 teleports to vacuum/stun with, you have to be careful to save your 'real' one for emergencies.

Some boots have "damaging enemies reduce dash CD by X seconds" which gets silly with the succ unique :pgabz:

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
did someone say the 13 page patch notes are posted already? i didn’t find them

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Chickened out and am checking a Frenzy Hammer Barbarian. I'm familiar with Melee.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

This is the best diablo game. I have spoken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

I think my NES is broken....

Ice Fist posted:

This is the exact situation I'm in. Shockwave is so drat rare yet so necessary that it's just not worth the swap