Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Dexo posted:

RDR2 is just a loving tour de force of meticulous and often unfun detail.

what's the point of SA having moderators if they're posting such abhorrent filth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
It should make reference to the events of Shadows of the Empire playing out in the background and bring back Dash Rendar so a whole bunch of people lose their poo poo and a handful of us sickos just sit and grin.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

fartknocker posted:

It should make reference to the events of Shadows of the Empire playing out in the background and bring back Dash Rendar so a whole bunch of people lose their poo poo and a handful of us sickos just sit and grin.

This would be hilarious.

"You hear about that green guy who runs Black Sun? I hear he uses his body odor to sleep with women."
"Sounds gross. Anyway, we playing sabaac or what?"

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 13, 2023

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Can't wait for 'em to park the Outrider, Ebon Hawk, Moldy Crow and Raven's Claw in a hanger together to really mess with the fans

Let us wander around a spaceport and gawk at ships, have podracers, swoops, and speeders zooming by in the background of some backwater planet, have ships without letters in their titles randomly fly overhead, sometimes pursued by the Empire or some kitbash bounty hunter/syndicate ship

Make it so the galaxy feels larger than only ever what you see in front of you, or happens to you

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Vinylshadow posted:

There's potential for a lot of comic characters to show up here, depending on where the various quests take the story, which means a lot of players are going to be incredibly confused

Ochi is the loving worst. Learning that he got merked in/by Episode IX is a rare reason to justify that trash fire's existence.

Someone else mentioned Aphra earlier and while I'd love to see her in something, I get the impression she's already too far gone to work as the heart of gold rogue protag that this game's aiming for. She's just way too much of a poo poo by this point in time.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Azhais posted:

If you're looking for something to tide you over till the game comes out humble has a 41 book bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/star-wars-legends-myths-and-high-republic-books

I've been grabbing all of the Legends books I'm missing from my local Half Price Books for like three bucks each. I just grabbed Dark Force Rising last weekend. I read them back in the nineties but don't remember much, and I'm pretty sure my mom sold them all when I was away at college.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

feedmyleg posted:

I've cleverly avoided playing any open world RPGs except for Zelda for over a decade. That means that, assuming it's a solid game, I will purchase it and marvel at all of the incredible things that are boring, overdone, and rote to y'all.

Same here. Last time I had time to really dive into an open world RPG was when my now-11-year-old was just a few months old and would sleep at my feet or on my lap while I explored Skyrim.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3j0oDwQWmU

There's not a lot of new info here, but it gets a bit into the "Wanted" system near the end. Basically when she decides to not bribe the Imperial official. It honestly sounds kind of like the GTA Wanted level, right down to the name. The more you piss off the Imps (in GTA, cops) the more forces (again, cops) they send after you. Though they don't say if you can just get arrested and have it reset lol.

In hindsight, I think the reason escaping the Imperials was so easy in this video/round was to make the difference between bribing and not bribing minimal for an early round. Which isn't great. But I'm imagining/hoping the difference becomes larger as the game goes on.

Also, as much as I love the idea of going from planet to space (like, that's always been the dream for a Star Wars game, since the old Battlefront III promised it and never came out), those clouds are clearly masking a loading screen. Which is fine, I know that's how it has to be, but let's call it what it is, it's not seamless like they say. Whatever, minor complaint, still looks awesome. And they say that space will be used for combat and exploration, so that sounds fun.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jun 13, 2023

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Wanted Levels

1* Some bitchass Scout Trooper
2* As above + Stormtroopers
3* As above + Scary K series bastards and AT-STs
4* As above + plus TIE fighters and AT-ATs
5* As above + Purge Troopers, Inquisitors
6* As above + Yer Boy Ani, in a particularly foul mood for a change
7* Sheev is tired of your poo poo and blows your planet up, game over

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Can I have a few little imperial logos that light up in sequence in the corner of the screen? Maybe some stormtrooper radio chatter?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

finally watching this and i see that that ubi's takeaways are that in the post mando world i need a baby and han shot first, which, for star wars rules they could do worse

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Jehde posted:

Can I have a few little imperial logos that light up in sequence in the corner of the screen? Maybe some stormtrooper radio chatter?

Look in the top left corner as she's escaping

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

thrawn527 posted:

Also, as much as I love the idea of going from planet to space (like, that's always been the dream for a Star Wars game, since the old Battlefront III promised it and never came out), those clouds are clearly masking a loading screen. Which is fine, I know that's how it has to be, but let's call it what it is, it's not seamless like they say. Whatever, minor complaint, still looks awesome. And they say that space will be used for combat and exploration, so that sounds fun.

The Beyond Good and Evil sequel, which has vanished into development hell, had that as a feature.

:sigh:

Was really looking forward to that game.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
So was I, once. But it's been 20 years so all I remember is Jade taking snaps, being called "lil' lady", and that bastard post-credits cliffhanger.

Oh and PROP-A-GANDAAAAAAAA!

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

The sequel wasn’t even going to have Jade or uncle pig in it, it was just going to be about space outlaws flying planet to planet and heywaitaminit…

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The cinematic trailer they showed had the pig.

Video should start at 54 seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsoIUHDrPcg&t=54s

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://www.indiewire.com/deep-dive/andor-season-1-finale-making-of-1234872172/

Great deep dive on the finale for Indiewire. Makes me want to re-watch it right now!!!

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Re: Outlaws trailer— Dude’s name is Jaylen?

I guess we’ve already had Jaden and Galen, might as well keep up with the millennial baby names trend. Is there a Brayden in Star Wars canon?

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?
I haven't seen a lot of interviews with Stellan Skarsgard on his work with Andor, so I was pleased to find this:

https://ew.com/genre/awards/stellan-skarsgard-andor-luthen-rael-exclusive/

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://sffgazette.com/sci_fi/star-wars/obi-wan-kenobi-star-ewan-mcgregor-is-reportedly-begging-to-make-a-second-season-a5463#gs.1eqskb

Ewan McGreggor begging for Obi Wan 2. Also thinking about a Leia show on Alderan.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hazo posted:

Re: Outlaws trailer— Dude’s name is Jaylen?

I guess we’ve already had Jaden and Galen, might as well keep up with the millennial baby names trend. Is there a Brayden in Star Wars canon?

The player character? Her name is Kay Vess.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Timby posted:

The player character? Her name is Kay Vess.

Is she named that because she lives in a cave?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No to any of this. Leave these characters alone. Obi-Wan was horrible, just the absolute worst poo poo Star Wars has ever gotten, and that includes the sequels. Take the whole thing out back and shoot it, please for the love of god. Season 1 had literally nothing redeeming about it.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
i think obi-wan would have been improved by being a good show, instead of a half-assed movie that got stretched out into six episodes that vaguely and poorly attempted to mirror the structure of the six films obi-wan was in

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hayden Christensen getting another go as Vader was cool.

The rest was…..oof.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I too think Obi-Wan would have been a good show if it had been a good show.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
It stopped being a movie several years and several major revisions before the release version.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gonz posted:

The rest was…..oof.

It was incredibly mid with the sole exception of the two scenes where you could see Hayden's face. I hope they give him more and better to do in Ahsoka, regardless of whatever version of Anakin he's playing. Hopefully it's Force Ghost Anakin in the present day, because I'd prefer not to see any more Dear Anakin Hansen creepy 40 year old 20 year old deaging shenanigans.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

nine-gear crow posted:

It was incredibly mid with the sole exception of the two scenes where you could see Hayden's face. I hope they give him more and better to do in Ahsoka, regardless of whatever version of Anakin he's playing. Hopefully it's Force Ghost Anakin in the present day, because I'd prefer not to see any more Dear Anakin Hansen creepy 40 year old 20 year old deaging shenanigans.

What does Seven of Nine have to do with this?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Actor pleads for job

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
I want 3 more seasons of Obi-Wan, each one catapulting the OT cast into increasingly extreme situations only to rubberband them back into their ANH starting positions for the season finale.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
3 more seasons of Vader getting his rear end beat by Obi-Wan in different planetary locales.

“You were the chosen one, Anakin! You were like a brother to me! I loved you! How many times do I have to teach you this lesson?!!”

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If they do it, Maul is probably coming back. They could also get Ahmed Best’s Jedi we saw in Mando.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Gonz posted:

3 more seasons of Vader getting his rear end beat by Obi-Wan in different planetary locales.

“You were the chosen one, Anakin! You were like a brother to me! I loved you! How many times do I have to teach you this lesson?!!”

"I sense something... a presence I've not felt since... the third time my old master beat my rear end in a poorly lit gravel pit... two years ago..."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It stopped being a movie several years and several major revisions before the release version.

Yeah, the reason the show was poo poo is simply a reflection of the contempt the makers have for the audience.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

They should do more Obi-Wan and fill in so much backstory that "We meet again at last" is like, a week at most, after their last meeting.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Gonz posted:

The rest was…..oof.

All 2 minutes of screen time? His doubles did more work.

He DOES deserve better but the show and it’s producers failed him.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

All 2 minutes of screen time? His doubles did more work.

He DOES deserve better but the show and it’s producers failed him.
Yeah can we fold Hayden into Andor somehow? Maybe through flashbacks, not sure how it'd work hmm

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Just give him his own show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I mean, yeah, I'd watch a show about Annankin dealing with completely failing to deal with his trauma and loss and hunting down jedi in exotic locations and killing them.

Maybe spend time with him realising just how badly Sheev hosed him over and how he's trapped forever and can't escape.