Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Killingyouguy! posted:

dnd greg is kinda my type tho

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

The only greg that's hard no there for me open source greg but there's very, very tight window of acceptable for sci-fi and japanese culture greg. Dnd greg is best.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Killingyouguy! posted:

dnd greg is kinda my type tho

I would've dated 3 out of the 4 Gregs in high school and college--I was a cross between Cheerleader and What's-Her-Face: bossy, hurtful, only wore straight-leg jeans, and almost never did my hair

Powerful Katrinka fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jun 17, 2023

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
istg I can feel my endo cysts sometime :negative:

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I loving love it when hormones hype up my mental illnesses. By that I mean no please stop the ride I wanna get offffff. FWIW I have talked to professionals about PMS bullshit and pretty much the response has been "Take a SSRI ig."

Also all the gregs are cute

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Spinz posted:

2 ways it can go

It's starting to wear at the fabric just a bit
And it's your favorite bra

You deal with the pinchprod in your armpit as long as you can stand it because bra shopping is the 5th circle of hell

Finally you nip it open with scissors and pull the underwires out with pliers but the bra is lame afterwards

Or far worse: it snaps in the middle midshift and you have to perform an emergency operation in the bathroom pulling the pieces out if you can

And after the emergency bra surgery, you have one lopsided, low-slung tit. I switched 95% to non-underwired 'granny' bras a few years ago and I have zero regrets.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

I got diagnosed with a benign ovarian cyst the size of a golf ball and the doctor is like "wow haha that's crazy walk it off."

Cool cool cool. No wonder every loving thing hurts.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Randy Travesty posted:

I got diagnosed with a benign ovarian cyst the size of a golf ball and the doctor is like "wow haha that's crazy walk it off."

Cool cool cool. No wonder every loving thing hurts.

gently caress Im sorry. Idk if you've already tried it or not or if it is legal where you are but when my cysts were like that / at their worst getting a high cbd/low thc brownie was basically my best pain reliever and way to tolerate continue to function and living. I had literally never even tried weed before I started getting ovarian cysts but I hated the way any other painkiller prescribed to me made me feel so weed brownies basically made for cancer patients was the trick.

Also direct heat over the ovary in the form of a sock filled with microwaved rice or whatever heat pack you want to use - helped me.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

In the last couple of months or so my cycle has shorted up by four days so now I am riding faster through the sad/horny/mad/crampy roller coaster.

Maybe it will keep shortening up and I'll have a period every three weeks, apparently that's possible.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Become so efficient at menstruating that you simply never stop

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
A perpetual menstrual device

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Ralph Crammed In posted:

In the last couple of months or so my cycle has shorted up by four days so now I am riding faster through the sad/horny/mad/crampy roller coaster.

Maybe it will keep shortening up and I'll have a period every three weeks, apparently that's possible.

Hahahahaha yeah it's possible 😭

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

cool kids inc. posted:

Hahahahaha yeah it's possible 😭

What's your tampon budget like?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Over the last two years my longest cycle was 56 days and my shortest was 21. When's it coming? Who knows??

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

for a while i had a good run of regular monthly periods without the aid of progestogen and i WISH i could figure out what the gently caress i was doing that made my body happy that quarter

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Mine has been a 24 day cycle for basically my whole menstruating life. Now that I’m in my 40s I’ve been having a few shorter cycles and heavier flow. :( If this is perimenopause it’s not very fun.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Ralph Crammed In posted:

What's your tampon budget like?

I got in on that menstrual cup life like ten years ago, I don't have the budget or time for tampons

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

silicone thrills posted:

gently caress Im sorry. Idk if you've already tried it or not or if it is legal where you are but when my cysts were like that / at their worst getting a high cbd/low thc brownie was basically my best pain reliever and way to tolerate continue to function and living. I had literally never even tried weed before I started getting ovarian cysts but I hated the way any other painkiller prescribed to me made me feel so weed brownies basically made for cancer patients was the trick.

Also direct heat over the ovary in the form of a sock filled with microwaved rice or whatever heat pack you want to use - helped me.

I smoke an enormous amount of weed so I'm not feeling pain so much as just all the other poo poo, fortunately. Did they give you any hot tips at the doctor for this? My current doctor's reaction was "haha wow that's crazy hope it goes well for you" in medical terminology essentially.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Randy Travesty posted:

I smoke an enormous amount of weed so I'm not feeling pain so much as just all the other poo poo, fortunately. Did they give you any hot tips at the doctor for this? My current doctor's reaction was "haha wow that's crazy hope it goes well for you" in medical terminology essentially.

Nah. same for me. Basically "if you get a high fever, go to the ER - otherwise just hope it pops soon i guess"

I used to lay on the floor crying a lot at work.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

gently caress pcos i've been mildly cramping for like a week straight BLEED ALREADY

i took a pregnancy test out of paranoia but of course it's negative, i've been sterilized

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

silicone thrills posted:

Nah. same for me. Basically "if you get a high fever, go to the ER - otherwise just hope it pops soon i guess"

I used to lay on the floor crying a lot at work.

Yeah I'm alternating between a heating pad and screaming into the heating pad because it's 90F and 75% humidity and I am hot flashing like my life is ending aflame. The pain is moderate to non existent right now, in waves, so I'm handling it, but like this is so stupid. Bodies are stupid.

Zeria
Sep 8, 2003
Lobotomy Bob claims this forums newbie for evil.
I'm currently hating my body for all of the horrible things it does to me. Here's my story.

My mom was very sure to make me prepared for my period because nobody told her anything about periods when she was a child. She started hers at the park while wearing a light colored skirt. Other kids pointed out her huge blood stain and she ran home crying, thinking she was dying. Her mom just laughed at her and handed her a pad the size of a roll of toilet paper. She has three older sisters, I imagine they all had similarly traumatic experiences. I appreciate that I was completely in the know.

I started mine at 14 and my mom got me on birth control pills immediately. She still takes them to this day (she's 64), swears by them for having regulated her periods while she was still having them and credits them with having made menopause a breeze. I took them for 15 years, but I'm not great at remembering to take a pill every day forever so I was often worried about them not working. I got off of them at 29 and had a baby, then decided to get Nexplanon inserted at the suggestion of my doctor.

I've always struggled with anxiety and had crippling postpartum anxiety for over a year. After that it was still rough, but it became more manageable. I got the implant replaced after three years and my anxiety spiked again, so at my next yearly gyno appointment I asked my (female) doctor if Nexplanon could be the reason. She completely dismissed that concern and had my thyroid tested. I've never hoped for an abnormal test result so hard in my life. Of course it was normal, so I went through another two years and then went back to have it changed again. I was unwilling to try an IUD after the experiences a couple close friends had with them, I didn't want to come to doctor's appointments every three months for depo shots, and I didn't want to have to remember a pill. The nurse asked me if I like Nexplanon. I told her no, not really. It makes me spot pretty much continuously, and I still think it's not helping my anxiety, but I feel it's the only option that will work for me so here I am.

She was amazing. She had tried Nexplanon and had it taken out after the first year because she had all of the same poo poo happen to her. She went and talked to the doctor and next thing I know they were offering me a tube removal. I was 36 and my husband and I are sure we don't want more kids, so I went for it. They managed to word their paperwork just right so my insurance covered the entire procedure despite the fact I was informed on intake that I'd have to pay $6k out of pocket. I have less issues with anxiety now than I ever have and it's been amazing for the last two years. Mostly.

My kid was born via C section and after the surgery to remove tubes my doctor offhandedly mentioned to my husband that I have a ton of scar tissue. My periods have been incredibly painful ever since I got off birth control, and the only thing they'll offer me to help is friggin birth control pills. I refuse to go back to a life of medically altered hormones, so I just suffer. Now I usually have only two high anxiety days a month within the four days before hell breaks loose.

Today I cancelled a family trip to a water park because I know I won't be any fun to be around. Thank goodness we hadn't told my kid we were planning on going.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
Had some bleeding so light that it could have been spotting. Period? Who knows! Hopefully I’m not pregnant!

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
So nice of my period to wait two days while I was on a trip, but now I’m in hell please kill me ow

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Going back to the doctor tomorrow morning about Cerazette. I still haven’t stopped bleeding since I was put on it and my husband pointed out that my mood has changed a lot since I started them (bear in mind I was only on them for 3 weeks). I’m out of ideas here and I’m definitely out of patience for my stupid blood-flood.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Zeria posted:

I'm currently hating my body for all of the horrible things it does to me. Here's my story.

My mom was very sure to make me prepared for my period because nobody told her anything about periods when she was a child. She started hers at the park while wearing a light colored skirt. Other kids pointed out her huge blood stain and she ran home crying, thinking she was dying. Her mom just laughed at her and handed her a pad the size of a roll of toilet paper. She has three older sisters, I imagine they all had similarly traumatic experiences. I appreciate that I was completely in the know.

I started mine at 14 and my mom got me on birth control pills immediately. She still takes them to this day (she's 64), swears by them for having regulated her periods while she was still having them and credits them with having made menopause a breeze. I took them for 15 years, but I'm not great at remembering to take a pill every day forever so I was often worried about them not working. I got off of them at 29 and had a baby, then decided to get Nexplanon inserted at the suggestion of my doctor.

I've always struggled with anxiety and had crippling postpartum anxiety for over a year. After that it was still rough, but it became more manageable. I got the implant replaced after three years and my anxiety spiked again, so at my next yearly gyno appointment I asked my (female) doctor if Nexplanon could be the reason. She completely dismissed that concern and had my thyroid tested. I've never hoped for an abnormal test result so hard in my life. Of course it was normal, so I went through another two years and then went back to have it changed again. I was unwilling to try an IUD after the experiences a couple close friends had with them, I didn't want to come to doctor's appointments every three months for depo shots, and I didn't want to have to remember a pill. The nurse asked me if I like Nexplanon. I told her no, not really. It makes me spot pretty much continuously, and I still think it's not helping my anxiety, but I feel it's the only option that will work for me so here I am.

She was amazing. She had tried Nexplanon and had it taken out after the first year because she had all of the same poo poo happen to her. She went and talked to the doctor and next thing I know they were offering me a tube removal. I was 36 and my husband and I are sure we don't want more kids, so I went for it. They managed to word their paperwork just right so my insurance covered the entire procedure despite the fact I was informed on intake that I'd have to pay $6k out of pocket. I have less issues with anxiety now than I ever have and it's been amazing for the last two years. Mostly.

My kid was born via C section and after the surgery to remove tubes my doctor offhandedly mentioned to my husband that I have a ton of scar tissue. My periods have been incredibly painful ever since I got off birth control, and the only thing they'll offer me to help is friggin birth control pills. I refuse to go back to a life of medically altered hormones, so I just suffer. Now I usually have only two high anxiety days a month within the four days before hell breaks loose.

Today I cancelled a family trip to a water park because I know I won't be any fun to be around. Thank goodness we hadn't told my kid we were planning on going.

:sympathy:
Is the scar tissue just from the surgeries?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Going back to the doctor tomorrow morning about Cerazette. I still haven’t stopped bleeding since I was put on it and my husband pointed out that my mood has changed a lot since I started them (bear in mind I was only on them for 3 weeks). I’m out of ideas here and I’m definitely out of patience for my stupid blood-flood.

So now they don't want me staying on the Cerazette and want to send me for yet another pelvic and/or abdominal ultrasound. Doctor also gave me a prescription for something that'd stop the bleeding temporarily but neglected to mention that it would also reduce the effectiveness of my Lamotrigine for Bipolar 2 Disorder during the 10 days I'd be taking them. So I can't start on this other med until we figure out what alternatives there are until the ultrasound happens. Meanwhile i'm still bleeding.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Got some generic feminine wash for the cup and it worked SO MUCH BETTER than the stupid branded diva wash. Clean cup, coochie pimple and urticaria free period that still wiped me out completely on friday so I barely had the energy to get a haircut. Hate having to plan around "sitting in a chair for 1.5 hours" as a stress on the drat system and being relieved that I could sleep for 12 hours the next day.

Hatehatehate that from all of that I'm glad I didn't have to get a blood transfusion like my friend did, from her period.

What I'd give to get a spacefuture where periods are removed and its easy with few side effects.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Jyrraeth posted:

Got some generic feminine wash for the cup and it worked SO MUCH BETTER than the stupid branded diva wash. Clean cup, coochie pimple and urticaria free period that still wiped me out completely on friday so I barely had the energy to get a haircut. Hate having to plan around "sitting in a chair for 1.5 hours" as a stress on the drat system and being relieved that I could sleep for 12 hours the next day.

Hatehatehate that from all of that I'm glad I didn't have to get a blood transfusion like my friend did, from her period.

What I'd give to get a spacefuture where periods are removed and its easy with few side effects.

I want the spacefuture where the human body has evolved a much more pleasant and less underpants-staining method of telling me I am once again not gregnant.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Doxxed by the Onion again

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Everett False posted:

Doxxed by the Onion again

But doctor, I'm 35

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

ok so my body felt like maybe it was gearing up to have a period on time and then it kind of just stayed PMSing for a week and then i caught covid and now it's been weeks and no period and also my uterus just kind of aches all the time

my next round of provera isn't until mid-july this sucks

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Killingyouguy! posted:

ok so my body felt like maybe it was gearing up to have a period on time and then it kind of just stayed PMSing for a week and then i caught covid and now it's been weeks and no period and also my uterus just kind of aches all the time

my next round of provera isn't until mid-july this sucks

Sounds about right. Covid permanently shifted my period 6 days later. Wild stuff.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Well looks like I won't be needing Provera this month but also ohhhhh God the cramps. It's like they were charging all those weeks

Dont like this covid virus very much!!

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Nothing quite like a day full of plans and not being able to accomplish any of them because you're stuck on the couch with debilitating cramps.

:thumbsup:

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Alright on Friday I finished the prescription that was going to stop the bleeding, all the while experiencing some dull period pains but no bleeding. Hoorah!

This morning the bleeding started again combined with period pains and period shits. Still waiting for my ultrasound appointment so they can once again tell me they’ve found nothing, probably.

Flamingofarts
Jul 9, 2022

Not exactly menstruation related, but does anyone have experience going through a medical abortion? The descriptions of the amount of bleeding and cramping someone can expect are confusing and anxiety inducing.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Grain of salt, its all individual blah blah blah.

To me it was a very very crampy period along the lines of the installation/removal of my IUD.

Crampy, not the end of the world.

Flamingofarts
Jul 9, 2022

cool kids inc. posted:

Grain of salt, its all individual blah blah blah.

To me it was a very very crampy period along the lines of the installation/removal of my IUD.

Crampy, not the end of the world.

That’s really helpful. I remember IUD installation cramps and I survived those.

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MACAW.AVI
Dec 1, 2013
IIRC (since I got some form of sedation—would recommend), the procedure itself was more “weird” than “painful” (seriously, my first IUD insertion was more painful), and the…discharge? afterward felt like an average period with some extra cramps.

In other news, after waiting 3 weeks after my surgical consult for a call from the surgical coordinator, I decided to call the office yesterday and ask what was up…

I now have a concrete bisalp + IUD removal date. :getin: