Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's crazy how much better bone spear became the moment I hit 60 and was able to equip the ancestrals I was hanging onto. I am a dealer of death now and it feels good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

*edit nevermind that was just asking for trouble.

AcidCat fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jun 17, 2023

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

There are no other games. Only Diablo.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

SettingSun posted:

There are no other games. Only Diablo.

Yeah I guess this game does lend itself to obsessive play and if you're not in that mode, like playing for maybe an hour or two after work, it's almost an entirely different experience than what most of you seem to be doing.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'm level 63 faffing about in wt3. I'm with you here. When FFXVI comes out next week my Diablo playtime is going to plummet.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

No Playstation for me sadly

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

SettingSun posted:

I'm level 63 faffing about in wt3. I'm with you here. When FFXVI comes out next week my Diablo playtime is going to plummet.

Same, I like having a stable of games to switch to and FF is going to add to the mix. I need to resist the urge to "keep up" in this game and just play at my own pace.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I've been running a lot of nightmare dungeons with my friends. Getting really sick of the selection. I don't see the reasoning behind only allowing a rotating group of dungeons be available for them in any given season. Just let them all be possible, gently caress.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

man this is a lot of fun. i stumbled around a bit with my barbarian build but i like that i can just wing it and still get by. great game, zero complaints.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What of the endgame stuff is available to alts if you story skip?

Nightmares are 53 minimum, right?

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember
Can’t believe y’all are in here like “I wanna cheer for some npcs and ask a statue for help” every season. You can’t get to renown 5 just running dungeons.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Jaytan posted:

Can’t believe y’all are in here like “I wanna cheer for some npcs and ask a statue for help” every season. You can’t get to renown 5 just running dungeons.

I am in here like that, and I will cheer for npcs every season.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Crying Reddit face: noooo don’t say hello to that statue it’s not fun!!

Cool handsome Reddit face: “Greetings”.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

It's somewhat irritating but can't be worse that doing poe campaign whenever a league starts.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

LifeLynx posted:

I never got the appeal of seasons, but I'm trying to open my mind to it. Part of the enjoyment of D2 for me was trying to get more powerful, but I was a kid with unlimited free time so doing Pindle/Baal runs for hours was a good time. The only way to "win" Diablo is get a maxed out character with perfect rolls on all gear, right? Now I'm starting to look forward to an excuse to not click the same six skills forever.

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

There are supposed to be unique quests in seasons, kind of like with Destiny or something, but we'll have to wait and see how extensive that ends up being.

PoEtard here. Typically each season in that game adds some unique mechanic that is relevant throughout the leveling process & into endgame that (when executed well) enables new builds and opens up different avenues of progression. Like the previous season added a Hades-style roguelite dungeon that among other rewards gave access to Relics which were basically an extra equipment slot. The good seasons in that game give you new challenges to build your characters around and give interesting rewards that enable new viable builds.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Every stronghold rules and it’s cool that we get to redo them. Other side quests I’m not jazzed about, but oh well. I’m having fun alternating hell-tides, whispers, and doing stuff to max my renown after having beaten the campaign.

Also after redistributing my Druid’s skill points away from the non-physical resistance passives and using them to jack up lucky hit passives my druid is killing poo poo much quicker. Earth spike into lightning as my bread and butter is just getting better and better.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
heh bone spear

space kobold
Oct 3, 2009

i just wish the side quests were as uniformly good as they are for Scosglen and Haweza

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Counterpoint, Haweza quests have unskippable dialogue dumps.

Fractured Peaks has more efficient quests. More bear butts and waypoint fedex, less forced lore I'll forget the second it's over.

I do appreciate the longer quest chains more than the dozens of one-offs though, and I did pay attention to them on the first playthrough. It's just they build up so much story fatigue on alts when you can't skip through them. It's basically the defining problem with MMOs and you'd think Blizzard would be wise to that.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jun 17, 2023

Dressed to Kill
Jul 23, 2007

boredsatellite posted:

It's somewhat irritating but can't be worse that doing poe campaign whenever a league starts.

Takes me around 6 hours on league start.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Donnerberg posted:

Counterpoint, Haweza quests have unskippable dialogue dumps.

Fractured Peaks has more efficient quests. More bear butts and waypoint fedex, less forced lore I'll forget the second it's over.

I do appreciate the longer quest chains more than the dozens of one-offs though, and I did pay attention to them on the first playthrough. It's just they build up so much story fatigue on alts when you can't skip through them.

I enjoyed doing most of the side quests on my SC character. Then I made a HC character and having to do the exact same quests to get renown was miserable. There better be an option to get at least some renown for engaging with the tree / helltides / nm dungeons in following seasons because having to do the same quests every time is a terrible design decision.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I've tried other things but I think ice shard sorcerer is the best. If you spec and gear it right enemies are always vulnerable and you never run out of mana. It's a firehose of devastation while blizzard adds chill to any enemy that dares get close to you.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

STONE COLD 64 posted:

man this is a lot of fun. i stumbled around a bit with my barbarian build but i like that i can just wing it and still get by. great game, zero complaints.

but what about your efficiency?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

boredsatellite posted:

I'm 100% convinced my non-worry over doing sidequests and aspect dungeons in seasons is due to the PTSD of doing PoE's campaign a dozen times.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i'm glad they made duriel easier

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

DaveKap posted:

I'm 100% convinced my non-worry over doing sidequests and aspect dungeons in seasons is due to the PTSD of doing PoE's campaign a dozen times.

fr, I see people complaining about renown and I'm just like 'thank loving christ this isn't poe'

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

DaveKap posted:

i've optimized doing the campaign as best as I can, I'm pretty sure I can do the same for diablo.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

Been running sorc and not sure which drop is more interesting to go with:

That wand sucks a butt OP, you should immediately salvage or sell it.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

So much tedious running around in this game, especially the overworld.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Tried switching to an Arc Lash build on my sorcerer (after previously using Frost Shards). My take-away so far is that this build completely destroys enemies when my Ult is up, but seems worse when it isn't.

I feel like it needs more stats (namely crit chance + cooldown reduction) that I don't have on my gear, since I'm frequently stuck just sitting there waiting for my mana to recharge while Arc Lash-ing thing.

In general it seems difficult to build those stats while leveling (though I'm almost to 50 now).

It is pretty basic without somewhere around +30% crit and cooldown reduction. Look for gloves and rings with crit. Helm, amulet, and offhand for CDR. It is decent just with that, but get the unique boots and chest for teleport, and it just gets stupid. Port, nova, arc lash, and most things go POP. For everything else there is the ult.

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I am in here like that, and I will cheer for npcs every season.

I’m happy for you. Someone’s gotta like eating poo poo sandwiches to keep the turdburger slingers busy.

boredsatellite posted:

i've optimized doing the campaign as best as I can, I'm pretty sure I can do the same for diablo.

Excited to see the golden path of stronghold + emote quests + quests for things you were going to do anyway (dungeons & collecting cannibal scrotums). Im sure it can be got down to almost no time, but 🤮

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I have no idea how this paragon board thing works.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

You've got a bunch of free respecs to figure it out, just slap some poo poo down and aim for a socket.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ah I think I get it now. You're building a path to the poo poo you want in terms of rare/magic/glyph slots and you add another board when you reach the top?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yes. You’ll get enough points for roughly 4 boards if you go for all the rare/glyph sockets.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Ah I think I get it now. You're building a path to the poo poo you want in terms of rare/magic/glyph slots and you add another board when you reach the top?

Pretty much, but you can also exit most boards on the side if that's easier. It's generally said they the glyph sockets are the most powerful part of the board so pick a route that takes you there and goes near any rare nodes that look good.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

The Paragon system is a complex looking, but in essence pretty simple system.

It won't change the way you play the game but rather add power to your existing build. That way its pretty hard to gently caress anything up.

Just go with it and adjust when time goes on and you gain more understanding. Its not like the PoE skill tree where its incredibly easy to brick your entire character.

Just get the glyph slot on every board as a priority, then the key paragon point if it helps your build. The glyphs can be exchanged for free, so nothing is set in stone.

Then after you have a few boards connected and you realize you can do the same thing more efficiently with diff pathing you can reset it and rotate / reposition your boards around a bit

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Mikojan posted:

Its not like the PoE skill tree where its incredibly easy to brick your entire character.

????

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s nice how the balanced the choice between traveling and staying in one area around a good glyph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

People taking RT when they are a crit build for example