Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I thought WWE social media using a bunch of emojis was just a thing they did for the latest game. Well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Oh. MY. GOD

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I thought WWE social media using a bunch of emojis was just a thing they did for the latest game. Well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYmm5YQSv2I
well who do you think is gonna beat roman for that title(s)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So what is the main event of Money in the Bank? Surely they're not gonna have Roman do another tag match instead of actually defending his belt.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they should build a fake bank somewhere for 12 million dollars. just the lobby floor of it with a vault in there somewhere. and use that for money in the bank matches where you have to fight around the place and smash things to find the vault codes and open the vault and retrieve the contract

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The current card for MITB, July 1

quote:

Cody Rhodes vs Dominik Mysterio
Ricochet, Shinsuke Nakamura, Santos Escobar, Butch, Damian Priest and LA Knight in the men's MITB
Zelina Vega, Zoey Stark, Iyo Sky, Becky Lynch, Bayley or Shotzi, and one more participant in the women's MITB
Seth Rollins defends the world title participation trophy against Finn Balor

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Standingstoic posted:

I know they have just belaboured the whole "Roman('s) Empire" thing, even as a casual watcher -- but I admit hearing Michael Cole's confused rendition of "Et tu, Jay" made me smile.

Paul Heyman remains a treasure as well, just him with his head in his hands on the apron, the dude is ALWAYS on, always emoting, it's really very impressive.

One of the things I liked about Brock beating UT was Paul's mix of elation and shock

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

The current card for MITB, July 1

can't wait!!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MJeff posted:

So what is the main event of Money in the Bank? Surely they're not gonna have Roman do another tag match instead of actually defending his belt.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Bloodline Civil War ok they’re absolutely cookin in the Stamford kitchen

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
The man gets to carry around three belts and never has to defend any of them. Pretty cushy gig.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

OH MY GOD!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I am astonished that the WWE audience is like "Oh poo poo big developments are happening with the Bloodline!" and not "Hmm, this is just going to end with Jimmy and Jey getting cowed back into aligning with Roman like they did in 2020"

On the other hand, I'm operating under the assumption that they wouldn't do the real dissolution of their biggest faction after keeping the belt on Roman at WrestleMania, and maybe that's too charitable a read

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
So Usos against Roman and Solo at MITB
Cody wins MITB
Jey Uso against Roman at SummerSlam
Jey wins
Cody cashes in, defeats Jey for the titles, and replaces Roman as the mega heel for the company

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is Cody still feuding with rey mysterio jr jr

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

3 A.M. Radio posted:

So Usos against Roman and Solo at MITB
Cody wins MITB

Cody's not in the match, he's got better things to do like *checks notes* losing to Dominik

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Did they book the London PPV after AEW or before?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

hijo de rey misterio jr, please

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

lol holy poo poo.

He's genuinely gonna defend that loving belt twice this year, isn't he./

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

Did they book the London PPV after AEW or before?

They announced it in January, idk how long AEW was in discussions with Wembley before that was announced in April

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006
You got a dick with that problem!?!

Majinfoose posted:

It's so cold in the 'E

How da gently caress do we posed ta keep heat

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
they should book roman in a 2 on 1 handicap match vs the usos for the title and whoever pins roman gets it and then one of them usos is pinning roman but the other uso breaks it up and you get to have a civil war within the civil war

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

it's the best

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

MJeff posted:

lol holy poo poo.

He’s already defended it 4 times. Once at a house show.

Now the rest of the year? Probably Summerslam and maybe one more if we’re lucky.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is it funnier if Cody loses to Roman next mania, or if Cody loses to whoever beats Roman between now and next mania

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lol I can't believe they aren't defending their world title

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
So since Roman has 3 belts now does that mean Seth's belt isn't even the bronze medal anymore

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Drakkel posted:

Wait, I thought the ENTIRE POINT of having a new belt was so that Roman wouldn't have to carry two belts around anymore but they're not doing that???

The entire point is to placate the networks that want THE CHAMP on their shows more often.
They can have A CHAMP and like it because they don't actually know the loving difference.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

lol holy poo poo.

He's gonna have less title defenses than the guy who's gimmick is that he doesn't want to do title defenses

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The world is sparred more boring Roman singles matches

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s just a prop to show you that Roman is the big special boy

He doesn’t need to defend it, and he never has to lose it

Rollins has the actual title now

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wish a graphic was available of Romans' reigns since he became the Raw and Smackdown champion because while he's not obligated to defend on house shows, surely he's defended somewhat regularly on the PPVs right? That's withholding at least one and potentially two title matches on every ppv.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Since the unification match at WM 38 Roman's defended the title(s) seven times, six of which have been on PPV. There's been thirteen non-NXT PPVs since WM38, so a little less than half of them have featured an undisputed title defense.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

He's gonna have less title defenses than the guy who's gimmick is that he doesn't want to do title defenses

As of that weekend MJF will have as many title defenses this year as Reigns. Reigns has one less match

TV Zombie posted:

I wish a graphic was available of Romans' reigns since he became the Raw and Smackdown champion because while he's not obligated to defend on house shows, surely he's defended somewhat regularly on the PPVs right? That's withholding at least one and potentially two title matches on every ppv.

Per Cagematch:

2023 so far as of MITB: 6 PPVs, 3 title defenses (skipped Backlash, tag title match at Night of Champs, tag match at MITB)
2022: 12 PPVs, 6 title defenses (COVID Day 1, tag matches at Mania Backlash and Survivor Series, skipped HIAC and MITB and Extreme Rules)
2021: 11 PPVs, 9 title defenses (skipped HIAC, singles match at Survivor Series)
2020, after winning Universal title: 4 PPVs, 3 title defenses (singles match at Survivor Series)

Stevel
Dec 25, 2004
These moonlight desires haunt me....

The winner of the Money in the Bank contract can cash in on a vulnerable Tribal Chief after the Bloodline Civil War!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man, remember that Survivor Series when he just beat Big E and didn't even need interference to do it.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It really is funny that Sami actually made the bloodline interesting and got over big so they gave him the useless wwe tag titles and no longer have anything to do with bloodline so they can do reruns.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i remember when john cena kept on winning just about every time. i was sick and tired of it! i don't remember when it was

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
they made a documentary about Cody

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAi7-8vm9RU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

Man, remember that Survivor Series when he just beat Big E and didn't even need interference to do it.

The crazy thing is if you were a reasonable booker you had a chance to build up a star and not have Roman lose his belt and also set up a future PPV title match where Roman can get the win back and they didn't do it. Just mind numbingly stupid