Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moparacker
May 8, 2007

Went riding up to the local mountains, only for the temp to drop drastically and fog to roll in. Visibility dropped just as quickly too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

pik_d posted:

Saw this parked at work today

I get not wanting to park in a spot for a car, but he's taking up enough space for like 4 bikes <insert "old man yells at cloud.jpg" here>

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Jazzzzz posted:

I get not wanting to park in a spot for a car, but he's taking up enough space for like 4 bikes <insert "old man yells at cloud.jpg" here>

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Jazzzzz posted:

It's in two marked cycle spots, so it's not quite that bad

Invalido
Dec 28, 2005

BICHAELING
In case you don't read the terrible car stuff thread:

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rvfrxgal5i1r0uzl6.mp4

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Lmao

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:owned:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
oil starvation?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yep, thats exactly it.

If you didnt have the sound on. They pulled up into a wheelie, pulled the clutch in and proceeded to just bang off the rev-limiter while presumably holding the wheelie with the brake. Whereupon the bearings were promptly banished to the shadow realm.

A feat so impressive it is matched only by its sheer idiocy.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lmao.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
do stunt riders who do this poo poo all the time specifically target bikes that don't have oiling issues with their wheels pointed at the sky, or are they modding them somehow (or just tossing them when they're thrashed and doing a motor swap)

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Jazzzzz posted:

do stunt riders who do this poo poo all the time specifically target bikes that don't have oiling issues with their wheels pointed at the sky, or are they modding them somehow (or just tossing them when they're thrashed and doing a motor swap)

Installing Miss Shilling's orifice so they can pull negative gs

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

a lot of them relocate the oil pump if possible, put a different pickup on it, or get different oil pans.

also a lot of them just dont :shrug:

Invalido
Dec 28, 2005

BICHAELING

Beve Stuscemi posted:

also a lot of them just dont :shrug:

I googled it out of curiosity and a common forum post theme is "just overfill the oil by a quart or something"

Xakura posted:

Miss Shilling's orifice

Out of curiosity I googled this too. Neat.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
legit I thought that was going to go a way uglier way, not him thrashing the engine. or him going rear end loving backwards

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SXtaUQxsWk

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
I don’t think I could ever get good enough to just be fine with the back wheel coming off the ground in a corner.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It's not doing any real work at that moment, it'll be fine!

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice

Got this today. I am so loving excited to take the ADV bike off ATV park duty. It really was a matter of time before I hurt myself or the bike climbing rocky and rooty rear end forested hill climbs.

Last time I went sealed the deal that I need a proper bike. The dirt conditions were different each time.

First time it was a lil damp. Had great traction, little slipping in the back. Could gas over obstacles.
Second time was muddy, slipped and dropped the bike several times. Was heavy and difficult.
Third time was a dust bowl. I kept throwing rocks and the back was slipping a lot. I didn't drop the bike but I could have easily done that or crushed my leg. Could not gas over obstacles, more gas meant more slipping. Front end also didn't want to listen much. Slow and careful.

Some recent stuff happened that was humbling, off bike. I justified a new bike as a safety thing.

My buddy let me on his ATV as well. It felt like cheating.

SSH IT ZOMBIE fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jun 6, 2023

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Hell yeah, congrats goon

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

SSH IT ZOMBIE posted:

My buddy let me on his ATV as well. It felt like cheating.

hope you got decontaminated afterwards

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I want to point to the sign but I can't find it, you know the one

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Insane RAW GAY SPEED

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Imagine that being your job, what a life

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

That's as good as the Nicky Hayden classic (maybe better since it's just engine noise)

https://youtu.be/GDbWSkTwJdk

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice

GriszledMelkaba posted:

hope you got decontaminated afterwards

It felt like a big Powerwheel for adults.
On the bike, dirtbiking for me is like...trying to find a line...literally inspecting the stones in the way and picking the path that looks most solid, looking at the quality of dirt, dampness, holding on for dear life, feathering the clutch, letting the back kick around if it needs to...having momentum for certain things.

The ATV was like...hrm...stop...go...I am kind of tilted sideways I should put my wheels a foot over.
The thought of flipping an ATV sounds bad. A bike...eh.

I am sticking with bikes, they seem to take more skill and also less space in the garage, are easier to transport, etc. The skill thing maybe is a downside, I don't see myself hitting blues or black trials for a bit.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Kawasaki seem to want to get in on that sweet sweet 'sensible normal bike that looks like a cruiser' market the rebel opened up with the new eliminator

It features a ninja 400 motor stroked to 450, undoubtedly 'retuned for torque' to match the rebel (no HP figure is a giveaway), silly tyre sizes, and Bluetooth connectivity for the kids

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Slavvy posted:

Kawasaki seem to want to get in on that sweet sweet 'sensible normal bike that looks like a cruiser' market the rebel opened up with the new eliminator

It features a ninja 400 motor stroked to 450, undoubtedly 'retuned for torque' to match the rebel (no HP figure is a giveaway), silly tyre sizes, and Bluetooth connectivity for the kids

You think they'll make one in color?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

It isn't a Kawasaki if it isn't green. :colbert:

(He says as the owner of a blue Kawasaki)

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
The best small cruisers have always been Kawasaki, as far back as the 80's. The original Eliminator 1000 was a rolling can of whoopass

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_Eliminator

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Some guy posted this pic (of himself allegedly) in a FB riding group I'm in.
Said it was taken in Australia in the early 80s. If someone had told me it was another Mad Max set photograph, I'd believe it

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

If that was a z1000 it would be indistinguishable. Totally awesome

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

So pretty

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
At the Dreamcycle motorcycle museum outside of Salmon Arm, BC and holy poo poo this place is amazing

Will post more pics when I figure out a good alternative to awful app's imgur integration

E: Honda NR right when you walk in

Phy fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 17, 2023

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Best bike transport vehicle ever.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
For that specific bike maybe

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Nitrox posted:

For that specific bike maybe

A goldwing or harley is probably triple the payload of that thing

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

It has a maximum payload (excluding the driver) of 589kg, so if you can make it fit, it should be able to carry (ha!) a Harley.
With 25kW of engine power i don't think you should try and take it onto the highway fully laden.

2Fast2Nutricious
Oct 4, 2020

LimaBiker posted:

It has a maximum payload (excluding the driver) of 589kg, so if you can make it fit, it should be able to carry (ha!) a Harley.
With 25kW of engine power i don't think you should try and take it onto the highway fully laden.

I don't think you should take it on the highway at all. Does it actually get up to 100 kph?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

That tie-down job looks like poo poo