Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mantis42 posted:

come the gently caress on

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1669879327108784129?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

Mantis42 posted:

half of all existing toy story movies are about the toy story series ending

The raised-stakes approach leads to Toy Story 5 being The Day After Tomorrow from the perspective of the toys

Toy Story 6 will be The Land Before Time but with toys instead of dinosaurs

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Toy Story 5 would be an extremely expensive movie just because getting Tom Hanks and Tim Allen into the voice booth would be pricey as hell. Not to mention all of the other reocurring actors.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

oh yea it must be really expensive to get fukcing tim allen in 2023.

and tom hanks? poo poo he's so busy making geezer teasers for apple tv where he's on a boat and cries or something

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

What would be fun would be a traditionally animated Toy Story sequel, but that would require some loving imagination

"Dang, people are loving the animation in Arcane and the Spider-verse movies, even Mitchells vs. the Machines pushed the limits of our style. Maybe with Disney's infinite wealth we could do something fresh and creative with the medium?"

"Orrrrrrrr we could do soft rounded humanoids again!!!!!"

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Mantis42 posted:

and tom hanks? poo poo he's so busy making geezer teasers for apple tv where he's on a boat and cries or something

well they know how much $ there is to be made and how much their voices bring the audience nobody wants a toy story reboot so yah they can charge. charge big. cause the ball is in their court

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Mantis42 posted:

lol this is a very dumb take

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I don’t know what I expected from the new beavis and butthead it it definitely wasn’t fire trying to make beavis into a better person

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Up prequel reboot pls

Coco 2 but this time the kid is the grandpa

Monsters Inc 3 but humans are the real monsters trying to trap and hunt monsters.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
its funny that beavis & butt-head is still the best tv can offer in 2023.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

tristeham posted:

mike judge ftw

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ymgve posted:

from a game dev perspective, it's even more funny because it means some game devs not only had to implement loving in a game that was supposed to be about fighting, but someone at some point said "the polar bear too. I want the polar bear to be fuckable."

Reasonable chance someone on the dev team already had it ready to go

loquacius posted:

I thought they had fully committed to recasting Buzz because Tim Allen was at 1/6 or something

thanks to office politics they can't take the obvious option and get Patrick Warburton

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Up 2
wanna see that old man die.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
also cars 20 because it's cars, it's gonna happen anyways.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I wonder what the branching point is that make entertainment executives so risk-averse, while tech execs are so risk-prone. I imagine it's something to do with entertainment funding requiring real money while tech funding is fake so long as you don't gently caress up too bad.

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

Loch Henry was a decent enough short thriller i guess but feels like a huge gently caress up for a Black Mirror episode with how much there is to explore about the ethics of all those netflix true crime stories. it was like they just decided not to.

This is the one that I watched and thought to myself that it could have been a movie with just a little more gumption from the people making it. But I guess that Netflix thought "true crime takedown" couldn't stand on its own without the BM branding.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

let Brad Bird have a crack at incredibles 3

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Up 2
wanna see that old man die.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1669836952974114816?s=20

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Monsters Hospice Care

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

A Bug's Life 2: A Bug's Death

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

A Bug's Life 2: A Bug's Death

set three weeks after the first

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

let Brad Bird have a crack at incredibles 3

The family sets up Incredible Gulch, where special people can live, and most of the runtime is a three-hour speech in which Mr. Incredible rails against the parasitism of non-special people.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Watched gravity falls. What a charming little cartoon.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Black Mirror is terrible this season. If the robot body has enough dexterity to finger bang your wife why are you the one in space?

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Twigand Berries posted:

Black Mirror is terrible this season. If the robot body has enough dexterity to finger bang your wife why are you the one in space?

you're stupid

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Featuring a new Randy Neuman song made with the help of AI!

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

did they explain? I’ve stopped watching most of these a few minutes in.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
it’s probably something like space radiation destroying robot parts or smth

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Twigand Berries posted:

Because it makes for a better contingency should communications between Earth and space break down.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Twigand Berries posted:

did they explain? I’ve stopped watching most of these a few minutes in.

i think that the show is good, based on having watched the show.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

based on having not watched the show, the full penetration sex scenes were tastefully done

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

tristeham posted:

the new season is very good

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

want a crossover ep now with beavis and butthead watching an ep of Beavis is Awful where Beavis gets more and more upset as Butt-head is less and less good natured telling him over and over that he sucks

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

C-Euro posted:

I wonder what the branching point is that make entertainment executives so risk-averse, while tech execs are so risk-prone. I imagine it's something to do with entertainment funding requiring real money while tech funding is fake so long as you don't gently caress up too bad.

I think part of it is ego. if you gently caress up in tech, as long as you don't go full therenos nobody really hears about it outside of whatever subindustry you were working in and everyone just sort of acknowledges that's how the game works. if you gently caress up with a $250m budget in front of the entire world you have to wear it in a way that the guy who created flooz or w/e never did. even if the money is the same the embarrassment factor goes way up

I'd rather be the go.com guy than the Morbius guy

indigi has issued a correction as of 19:14 on Jun 17, 2023

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

it's the consequences yeah. if you're bad for the money hollywood will shitcan you, if you're an idiot dipshit who is playing League on your invester call in tech you'll get on stage with bill gates.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

But they weren't always like that. Brazil, Clue, and The Thing are cult classics now but they pretty much bombed when they came out. Would you see films like that made today? I don't really think so.

Zappa had an interview that goes viral every now and then where he talks about MBAs had taken over the music industry, and how everything had to be run through all these business and marketing groups to see if it would make money vs the old execs who just wanted their cut. I think it's just an extension of that.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

C-Euro posted:

This is the one that I watched and thought to myself that it could have been a movie with just a little more gumption from the people making it. But I guess that Netflix thought "true crime takedown" couldn't stand on its own without the BM branding.

it gets even more unlike Black Mirror in the back end of the series and i suspect everyone is going to be disappointed. they just feel more like something that would be on a new Tales from the Crypt, which is fine with me

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

AnimeIsTrash posted:

But they weren't always like that. Brazil, Clue, and The Thing are cult classics now but they pretty much bombed when they came out. Would you see films like that made today? I don't really think so.

definitely not. Sorcerer made like 500k on a $25m budget and Friedkin just had to do a semester abroad before he got the keys to the car back

and that was right after he talked his studio out of financing some no-name writer/director with a silly kids movie called Star Wars

then he got to make Cruising lol

fuckin nobody has that kind of leeway in today's industry

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

The first Black Mirror episode that really got me was The Entire History of You. It's the one where eye implants record everything and you can go back and re-watch things, the main character uses this to uncover his wife's affair iirc. Kind of similar to The Conversation where the same scene is played over and over and as you gain more context it becomes worse and worse. It was terrifying.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Loch Henry was definitely top 10 disturbing Black Mirror episodes. Season six kicks rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
https://twitter.com/SushiSlave9/status/1670205873220907008

Americans Hate Fiction right? Like just geared toward making everything as inhuman and bland as possible, while trying to always go for the most Dramatic tension possible.