Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I haven't seen the most recent batman, but I also don't see a lot of people talk about it for good or bad either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

GD_American posted:

I must again tell you how hilariously awesome this Avenged Sevenfold album is.

They literally have a song (the opener) where most of it is straight up "hey, we loved System of a Down too you guys", and then another song that is STRAIGHT 100% "man, Random Access Memories was our favorite Daft Punk album too"

There is unironic vocoder use on more than one song.

There is an entire 40s Big Band romantic dance number that bleeds into James Bond theme song horns.

They were taking so many loving drugs making this. I can't wait to see what Nickelback and Puddle of Mudd can make if they smoked from the same bag. It's like if Fred Durst decided to make Brian Wilson's Smile album

Man I never understood like Sevenfold and AFIs appeal. Just something about them was just cringy cause bro you’re 40

But seeing those bands high sounds fun as hell

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jun 17, 2023

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Kalli posted:

So how much of the Microwave stuff going around is real?

Mom’s hot, so what

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Thaddius the Large posted:

Mom’s hot, so what

HA

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

a sexual elk posted:

Man I never understood like Sevenfold and AFIs appeal. Just something about them was just cringy cause bro you’re 40

But seeing those bands high sounds fun as hell

That's the beautiful part, they are still a cringey as hell lower back tattoo band, but one that released a batshit insane concept album. I wish more bands took big swings like this

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

GD_American posted:

.333 is a great batting average but a terrible posting average

Peacemaker is better than any marvel TV show and I will die on this hill.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

BlindSite posted:

I enjoyed the movie…..loved the show

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

BlindSite posted:

oh yeah that was the one I agreed on. Probably the only streaming show that I never once skipped the intro to.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Cena rocks

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jun 17, 2023

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

swickles posted:

Also, despite all odds I do think Tropic Thunder has aged well outside of the "you don't go full retard" bit.

I think Tropic Thunder falls into the Blazing Saddles category where it's aged well because of what it's lampooning. If nothing else, I think it helped kill the idea of a fit actor playing a mentally handicapped person for Oscar clout, because I can't remember the last time I've seen a movie like that get released.

Silly Burrito posted:

DC just can’t make a movie as good as Marvel can. And it sucks because I like DC characters more.

Marvel has the edge in movies but DC is way, way better when it comes to shows and animation.

Games are a wash

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

bobjr posted:

I haven't seen the most recent batman, but I also don't see a lot of people talk about it for good or bad either.

I think it is exceptional.

My main criticism is that it has a weird act 4 tacked on to the end that feels out of place.

That and there was one really dumb scene in the middle that didn’t even need to exist and it kind of chafes my chaps. But overall I thought it was quite nice and v *mood*

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I thought it was too long and had pacing problems, but it did a far better job than the Nolan movies at creating the setting of Gotham City. I liked Pattinson's fresh take on a character I'm practically sick of at this point.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Yeah. If they didn’t have that dumb act 4 and that dumb thing I was talking about in the middle of the movie I think they shave off like half an hour minimum. And it would’ve helped the pacing.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
2007 will forever feel like a few years ago.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

2003-2020 just kinda blurs together, some stuffed happened I guess

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

bobjr posted:

I have heard that the first 90 min is some of the best batman story made. The movie is longer than 90min and has a seemingly tacked on plot that is merely kinda okish. But that first 90min seems to be universally praised.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

a sexual elk posted:

gently caress yes

Who'd win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God?

Trick question, Lemmy [b]IS God :smuggo:

swickles posted:

Is it Nick Cage Superman fighting a giant spider

https://youtu.be/vWizDna1XO4

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

BlindSite posted:

I don’t think you need to die on that hill because most people will agree with you. I can’t think of a Marvel show that even comes close.

Marvel’s problem is being hog tied to Disney. Everything has to be like PG-13, so a lot of poo poo gets watered down. HBO doesn’t give a poo poo about that, so everyone has a lot more free reign.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I’m hiking this morning and the guys behind me are talking about dropping acid by shoving it up their buttholes.

what’s everyone else doing this weekend

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Dropping acid by shoving it up my butthole

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Dropping acid by shoving it up my butthole

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Shoving acid up those guys' buttholes

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Just butt chuggin some acid

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Wife continued her trip through the Sandler filmography last night with Little Nicky. Still not a great movie but at least now I understand the scene where Dan Marino tries and fails to sell his soul to the Devil. Also forgot about Chubbs making a reappearance, that was fun having watched Happy Gilmore only a couple of days ago.

Ehud posted:

I’m hiking this morning and the guys behind me are talking about dropping acid by shoving it up their buttholes.

They should not do this unless they either want to really get hosed up, or die (or both)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ehud posted:

Still not feeling well with whatever illness I'm dealing with. Gonna try to get an online doc if it's available on Saturday.

At least it works out on a weekend where I can park on the couch and watch the CWS and US Open all weekend.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

We've introduced the kiddo to Avatar: tLA and are gonna watch some of that and have pizza rolls this afternoon. Probably watch a movie and have popcorn with my wife after our daughter goes to bed.

Also I'm picking up a free kegerator today. Apparently needs new hoses but that's something I never would have bought for myself so :stare:

Tomorrow I'm gonna get fancy donuts from a place in Providence and we're gonna just have bacon and donuts for breakfast. Gonna make a bonfire and have a cigar and and a whiskey later tomorrow night as a dad's day tradition. :clint:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

C-Euro posted:

Wife continued her trip through the Sandler filmography last night with Little Nicky. Still not a great movie but at least now I understand the scene where Dan Marino tries and fails to sell his soul to the Devil. Also forgot about Chubbs making a reappearance, that was fun having watched Happy Gilmore only a couple of days ago.

They should not do this unless they either want to really get hosed up, or die (or both)

Why is it worse than other methods of dropping acid?

Also, looking at this guy and hearing his voice it's really hard to believe he's only 22, listening to his words it's hard to believe he's not 13.

https://twitter.com/accnetwork/status/1667656393229303808?s=20

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
My aunts and cousin from Illinois are down for a visit, so we're going over to visit but at some time we're going to have to go over to Krotz Springs and get some pepperjack boudin balls, some chicken balls, and all kinds of other Louisiana treats. Just bein' hospitable y'all.

Plus LSU is playing in the College World Series tonight, so we need some snacks.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Silly Burrito posted:

Plus LSU is playing in the College World Series tonight, so we need some snacks.

Gonna be hard to top yesterday’s day of baseball but today’s matchups look good.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

When we lived in Marrero we had a steady stream of Yankee relatives visiting, and we enjoyed blowing their doors off with the food (or if the calendar was right, the parades). It's like, try this amazing poo poo, now oh yeah tell me all about how you make hot dish that sounds fascinating Aunt Ruth

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

BlindSite posted:

I've only seen the newer Suicide Squad and I'm pretty familiar with major DC characters. Is that enough to get into it?

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Acid in butthole trip report - it burns

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Re: Battleship it's one of my favorite movies of all time. It's loving art, even the boomer vet scene is pure genius. The movie is underappreciated and needs more love. Please everyone watch it because I need to know what happens in Battleship 2: Battle harder

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Alice in butts does remind of one of my first acid experiences. I was at Alex Grey's (of Tool album cover fame) art gallery. I walked into the bathroom and someone was getting dosed on their eyeball. It seemed not that intelligent even for my stupid 18 year old brain.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Wandavision, Loki, and in particular Legion were all good Marvel series. The first season of Legion is incredible. Aubrey Plaza's performance is extraordinary.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Fifty Three posted:

I've only seen the newer Suicide Squad and I'm pretty familiar with major DC characters. Is that enough to get into it?

If you have seen the Suicide Squad that Peacemaker is in, you are 100% caught up on the background to the show.

Source: the only DC thing we watched before Peacemaker was the Suicide Squad he's in.

And you absolutely should because it's fantastic.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

GD_American posted:

When we lived in Marrero we had a steady stream of Yankee relatives visiting, and we enjoyed blowing their doors off with the food (or if the calendar was right, the parades). It's like, try this amazing poo poo, now oh yeah tell me all about how you make hot dish that sounds fascinating Aunt Ruth

I always ask what someone likes or is allergic to, but if they ask for "Good Cajun Food", I have plenty of places squirreled away.

You know we're spoiled when we're just going to get what we consider an average plate lunch and it makes their eyes roll in the back of their head. :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

LeeMajors posted:

Gonna be hard to top yesterday’s day of baseball but today’s matchups look good.

I didn't see any, what happened?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MaximilianK posted:

Acid in butthole trip report - it burns

Wrong kind of acid :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Silly Burrito posted:

I didn't see any, what happened?

Oral Roberts and UF both pulled out 9th inning wins