Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I bet the first time Palpatine got a classified report detailing that Vader had been secretly plotting to overthrow him, he was so proud that he put it up on the space fridge :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Would totes watch a show about Vadar and Palpatine sharing an apartment.

Though, Robot Chicken have probably done that already

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I would probably watch a Vader show to be honest (or a Palpatine show about his early days with Plagueis)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

But still played by Ian McDiarmid. No de-aging tech, no attempts to use make-up to make him look younger, just straight up 78-year-old Ian McDiarmid playing himself as a 25-year-old.

Also the show is made by David Wain and it's set at a summer camp.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Larryb posted:

I would probably watch a Vader show to be honest

Yeah, why not give it a shot. I'm not precious about any of this poo poo anymore. I would just hope it leaned more into Vader hunting down Jedi and having rivalries with Imperial officers than being sad over Padme. Hell, throw in Mara Jade why not who cares.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Come to think of it, have we ever had any Star Wars media such as comics and the like where someone from the Empire/Sith/other villains was the central protagonist (all I can think of is an episode or two from Clone Wars focusing on Maul and maybe Book of Boba Fett though he was just an unaffiliated bounty hunter, Jango had his own video game as well)?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Darth Vader have multiple comic book series bearing his name in both Legends and Disney canon.

e: iirc there were also a couple of comic book issues in Legends that focused on a low-level imperial officer that turned out to be Luke's childhood friend Tank

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Slashrat posted:

Darth Vader have multiple comic book series bearing his name in both Legends and Disney canon.

Neat. I’ve never actually touched any of the comics to be honest, any recommendations?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
The first Darth Vader series in Disney Canon is an excellent choice because it introduces and co-stars Doctor Aphra, one of the best star wars characters in recent times.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Larryb posted:

Come to think of it, have we ever had any Star Wars media such as comics and the like where someone from the Empire/Sith/other villains was the central protagonist (all I can think of is an episode or two from Clone Wars focusing on Maul and maybe Book of Boba Fett though he was just an unaffiliated bounty hunter, Jango had his own video game as well)?
TIE Fighter.

I suppose there's also the single player campaign of Battlefront 2 (new version) and even Force Commander, but in both cases you end up defecting (Coward! Traitor!!).

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
The Vader comics aren’t good but sometimes have interesting stuff

There’s a couple books about Darth Bane, one about Plagueis, and a surprisingly decent noir-inspired one where Darth Maul hacks and slashes his way through the Coruscant underworld to hunt down a trade federation guy who got cold feet right before Phantom Menace.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Timby posted:

The player character? Her name is Kay Vess.

No, this fella from the trailer

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Don’t you guys remember how upset the bacta tank scenes in Book of Boba made you? That’s like most of Vader’s day.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Vader is way cooler than Fett though

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Both volumes of the Vader comics are good, Aphra spins out of Vader volume 1 and is great, and Bounty Hunters kinda starts going side by side with Vader volume 2 around halfway through as a group of hunters gets forcibly recruited by the imps

site fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jun 17, 2023

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Ratjaculation posted:

Would totes watch a show about Vadar and Palpatine sharing an apartment.

Though, Robot Chicken have probably done that already

Watch the Lego one on Disney Plus. It has them on a beach vacation together.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, they should make a new Lego series as well (Freemaker Adventures was a lot of fun in my opinion)

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I mean, yeah, I'd watch a show about Annankin dealing with completely failing to deal with his trauma and loss and hunting down jedi in exotic locations and killing them.

Maybe spend time with him realising just how badly Sheev hosed him over and how he's trapped forever and can't escape.
Or maybe Star Wars could stop reminding us all of things we already love and make new things we can all fall in love with for the very first time.

I liked Kenobi okay, but dammit, you can make new things. And they can all be their own toy in the toybox both figuratively and literally.

Edit: It took no time at all for Kino Ploy to become one of my favorite figures in the entire franchise and they did it very, very cheaply.

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jun 18, 2023

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

It seems like they’re learning.

If only they’d learn they should just make wraith squadron into a series.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Marsupial Ape posted:

Don’t you guys remember how upset the bacta tank scenes in Book of Boba made you? That’s like most of Vader’s day.

Shadows of the Empire's passages with Vader raging in his bacta tank and then trying to use the Power of Pure Evil to force his lungs to work were the only good parts of the book.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

They could also get Ahmed Best’s Jedi we saw in Mando.

This is the only way I will accept more Obi-Wan. I was so sad he wasn’t back for more episodes.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

TK-42-1 posted:

It seems like they’re learning.

If only they’d learn they should just make wraith squadron into a series.

I’ve been waiting for them to learn that for 20+ years.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Sash! posted:

Shadows of the Empire's passages with Vader raging in his bacta tank and then trying to use the Power of Pure Evil to force his lungs to work were the only good parts of the book.

Holy poo poo, I remember that scene. Didn’t Vader even acknowledge that he could heal his lungs with the Light Side at any time, but ‘gently caress that’?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Marsupial Ape posted:

?? The flashbacks from those were like the only good bits of the show?

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

?? The flashbacks from those were like the only good bits of the show?

I’m talking about how you all were intimidated by Temuera Morrison’s old man body.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Can't pin that on me,

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Can't pin that on me,

That’s fine. One more tic in the ‘Aroused’ column, then.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Larryb posted:

Come to think of it, have we ever had any Star Wars media such as comics and the like where someone from the Empire/Sith/other villains was the central protagonist?

"Agent of the Empire" by John Ostrander (Dark Horse, later republished by Marvel I think) was a pretty good take on a James Bond type agent on the side of the Empire.
It also features a cameo by Boba Fett (because of course) and includes a plot about protecting the kid who is destined to inherit the title and estate of Count Dooku. I really enjoyed it.
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Agent_of_the_Empire

"The name's Cross. Jahan Cross."
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Jahan_Cross

The story was told in two volumes of five issues each (Iron Eclipse and Hard Targets), so it's a pretty quick read.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Sash! posted:

..were the only good parts of the book.

How can that possibly be true when the rest of it is about Dash Rendar, man, myth, legend??? Don the Cap of Woe then stand in the Corner of Shame and contemplate your errors, friend.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
We will never be lucky enough to witness a live action TV or movie version of Dash Rendar.

Disney will, in perpetuity, withhold that from the world.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

skasion posted:

The Vader comics aren’t good but sometimes have interesting stuff

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tell me more about where I can read this, please.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I said come in! posted:

Tell me more about where I can read this, please.

Karbin, from the first Darth Vader Marvel comic series (Darth Vader (2015)

Palpatine tests Vader after his failure to eliminate the Rebels and the destruction of the Death Star, and a long winding plot of betrayal and intrigue and Vader murdering people ensues

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

This needs to be in the out-of-context Star Wars pictures thread, if it isn’t already

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Gonz posted:

We will never be lucky enough to witness a live action TV or movie version of Dash Rendar.

Disney will, in perpetuity, withhold that from the world.

The Solo movie, but ditch the wookie and change the ship, would have been a *great* Dash Rendar flick.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Also ditch maul. Also ditch "oh han solo you actually were helping start the rebellion lol"

site fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 18, 2023

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I have often said Solo would be the perfect Star Wars side movie if it had been about Dan Dolo, the guy who owned the Falcon before Han.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The Outrider >>>> the Falcon

No, I will not be taking questions at this time.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It's a godawful movie and that has nothing to do with the fact that it centers around Has Solo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Alden Ehrenreich was good, and deserved to be in a better movie.