Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
People were hyping up how lethal The Butcher was, and the first time I see him he charges up to me and instantly suicides on my thorns... a little anticlimactic lol

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Finished the campaign last night, plot was good for the most part but Donan got done dirty, how are you gonna kill him by having him wander around Hell like a child in a mall while important poo poo was going on and have him get shanked by a random corpse on the wall?

I thought the whole campaign plot was pretty bad, and it didn't help that my normie casual bf playing with me is in Act 4 and they're like "We need to find Donan" and he's like "Who's Donan?!" like to him none of these people are memorable, even though he's not skipping dialog.

It's like the writers have never heard the term "unearned"... Not only was the Donan thing particularly egregious and had me like "come the gently caress on, my Barb heals 3% life per second with shouts, I could probably fix this fatso with my indoor voice" but they have my boy Meshif, the only protagonist I recognize from the series, stabbed off-screen by a rando, and then that girl gets nicked by a pirate's smegma so we have to chop off her non-dominant hand, whoop-de-do. Every time it feels like the writers said "We need a drama beat, how can we do it with the least animation?", except for Donan's son who at least gets to die in a :black101: way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

1v1 me and if you lose you have to play a barb named BLOWHARD for all of season 1 and if you win I will play the class of your choice named IDIOT.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
donan rules

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Not knowing who donan is by act 4 is not really blizzard's fault lol

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

So I spent all morning doing obol farming and hell rifts looking to get another shockwave. I didn't get it so instead I was like hell I'll run a quick dungeon for whispers. Ran into the butcher. I did NOT have what it takes to fight him and was losing. I was right next to the boss door of the dungeon and used the potion refill station and used it to play keep away from him. I discovered he will *sort of* bug out as his AI will go crazy trying to path to me and it gave me enough of an opening to kill him without taking any damage.

He dropped a 96% shockwave. :getin:

Big power boost incoming.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
The campaign was good by blizzard standards which is like saying you ate some chocolate and it tasted like chocolate.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

feller posted:

Dungeons scale to your character level. Nightmare dungeons are sigil level+53. They're not easier than normal once you're doing level appropriate ones.

Ah okay, that makes sense. Hopefully I find better ones soon.

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Complete a tier 3 sigil

Thanks. Just got to find one, I guess they are rare as hell.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Found a pvp zone today that hit the sweet spot of actually containing a bunch of players but no groups ganking every rando. It was messy but fun! Would love to do some arena style stuff. There were actually some fun pvp modes in Diablo immortal they could steal.

monochromagic
Jun 17, 2023

Diephoon posted:

Now that I think about it I'm probably broke brained because the satisfaction of landing Deathblow resets is still carrying most of my enjoyment. I just REALLY like the sound it makes.

I'm running a leap/kick/deathblow build in WT3 and having the time of my life. Oneshotting elites is just SO satisfying.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
I was worried about being able to get a Razorplate to drop, but now I'm seeing there's only like 50 uniques in the whole game and maybe only 30 will drop for my Barb? That doesn't seem to awful then.

Can you ever get a Unique by gambling or only up to Legendary?

SHISHKABOB posted:

Can you put royal gems in low level equipment? All characters share gold and materials, right?

Just saw this and no, Royal gems have lvl 60 requirement. However by the time you hit 60 you won't be able to craft them or see them drop, so it's worth it to just ask a higher level friend to gift you some like I did. Apparently once you have some royal gems for all your slots there's no reason to ever loot another gem again (except again to gift them).

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Did PoE PVP ever take off? It was def a thing in D2, idk about 3, and seems dece in 4.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Kaysette posted:

There were actually some fun pvp modes in Diablo immortal they could steal.

burn the heretic!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Zero VGS posted:

Just saw this and no, Royal gems have lvl 60 requirement. However by the time you hit 60 you won't be able to craft them or see them drop, so it's worth it to just ask a higher level friend to gift you some like I did. Apparently once you have some royal gems for all your slots there's no reason to ever loot another gem again (except again to gift them).

Datamine/leaks(?) show 2 more gem tiers coming.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I really wish there was some basic crafting beyond insanely expensive affix rerolls because I’m now on almost a week of searching for cooldown and mana reduction items for my sorc with no luck and ice shards still feels like garbage

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ice Fist posted:

So I spent all morning doing obol farming and hell rifts looking to get another shockwave. I didn't get it so instead I was like hell I'll run a quick dungeon for whispers. Ran into the butcher. I did NOT have what it takes to fight him and was losing. I was right next to the boss door of the dungeon and used the potion refill station and used it to play keep away from him. I discovered he will *sort of* bug out as his AI will go crazy trying to path to me and it gave me enough of an opening to kill him without taking any damage.

He dropped a 96% shockwave. :getin:

Big power boost incoming.

Remember that it’s double I’d you put it on a 2H

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Dandywalken posted:

Did PoE PVP ever take off? It was def a thing in D2, idk about 3, and seems dece in 4.

So few people in PoE play PVP that when I did a couple matches just for fun I instantly was in like top 50 leaderboard. Not because I'm good but because it's incredibly unpopular and impossible to balance.

However there's a single endgame map where people can pay real money to immortalize their character into a pool of NPC enemies you have to fight against, with PVP scaling in place. So streamers will make the most incredible troll tanks and stuff to own you on that map. It's totally optional though.

Also funny is that PVP scaling makes it easy to one-shot minions, so one time I accidentally went in there with this minion you equip with expensive items (and permanently lose the items when it dies), and it got ganked.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

zoux posted:

Remember that it’s double I’d you put it on a 2H

Oh... I'm *well* aware. :black101:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ice Fist posted:

Oh... I'm *well* aware. :black101:

I have 96% chilling as well but I’m waiting for the right weapon or get another Shockwave. Also I rolled a 2H with +8 secs to Grizzly Rage so my current shockwave is on my neck

General question for the thread, when you snag a perfect or near perfect roll for a major aspect, how do you determine when to spend it

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Kaysette posted:

Found a pvp zone today that hit the sweet spot of actually containing a bunch of players but no groups ganking every rando. It was messy but fun! Would love to do some arena style stuff. There were actually some fun pvp modes in Diablo immortal they could steal.

If you ever say anything good about Diablo Immortal again I will thread ban you.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That chopped off hand will be back

Guaranteed

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Astryl posted:

If you ever say anything good about Diablo Immortal again I will thread ban you.

I got a popup ad for Dimmortal when I went to launch the game just now and I was like "hahaha why"

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So I've been enjoying the challenge of WT3 and wanted to see what I had to do to unlock WT4, and I see that it's a level 70+ capstone dungeon. Am I going to get loving annihilated if I attempt this at my current level 54? lmao

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Gear upgrades in the 70s is rough. It feels like I never get anything better anymore once I had all my ancestrals. Kinda miss how easy it was in D3.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Rageaholic posted:

So I've been enjoying the challenge of WT3 and wanted to see what I had to do to unlock WT4, and I see that it's a level 70+ capstone dungeon. Am I going to get loving annihilated if I attempt this at my current level 54? lmao

You should be able to complete it far before level 70, if you're going alone you may need to grind up a few more levels but you're getting close to when you could attempt it to see where you stand currently.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

I was really struggling with that capstone at level 59 on my sorc but now at 62 I got to Elias with like 1 death and decided I wasn’t in the mood to deal with a bunch of succubi so I’m gonna try and actually finish it at level 63 and it seems like a reasonable goal

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

I finally got a cdr focus and upgraded it so I’m almost at 30% and it makes such a huge difference

Ms. Chanandler Bong
Dec 20, 2008

Rageaholic posted:

Basically yes. From the last boss definitely.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
My alt leveling story:

I tried two, a Druid and a Barb, both skipping the campaign. I've ran whispers, then PvP zone density for the first 25-30 levels and that was quite boring. I've abandoned the druid around lvl40 cause even at T1 a pure caster wasn't super fun (the "alternate earth and storm" spec is interesting on paper, but quite underwhelming) but I've brought the Barb up to T3/lvl 54.

I found much more fun collecting all the map zones/altars (with a map), while doing every single event I ran into - Obols are the way to gather aspects for sure. I got into T3 at 46, leeched an Helltide sacred weapon for +500dps on my previous 2h, ran whispers until 48, then switched to strongholds (enemies are lvl 50 so they can drop Sacred gear then, plus you get to reach Renown 3 everywhere with just those+map/altars).

Still running Deathblow/Rend as a spec, with a ton of Vulnerable damage to oneshot anything non elite and using DB as a Fury generator, it's quite satisfying (but you need the aspect that grants a second charge or it can be quite frustrating.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jun 17, 2023

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?

sure okay posted:

On my HC character I had just finished all renown rewards and was feeling pretty good. I was 75, riding high on Paragon points and ready to start the NM dungeon grind in earnest.

But first, a capstone dungeon. A tier 4 capstone dungeon? Something about Lilith. It says level 75 recommended and hey that's me! I go in.

Yeah, it's the Lilith boss fight alright. But I had a death resist pot rolling, some scrolls of escape and thought hey why not?

She spawns at level 85. Okay, sure. I'll just be more careful, and more ready to peace out with the scroll.

After 1 second her level raises to 100 and my death pot immediately procs. Nothing to dodge, no draining health, just dead. I pop a heal and try scramble to scroll out using the wheel, but just as my 2 second invuln wears off I die for real.

It was all over in the span of literally 3 seconds.

Couldn't help but laugh. I guess this is a good time to take a break!

RIP BoneZone, too good for this cruel world. At least you left a beautiful corpse.

RIP friend. Much better death than me playing my early-access rogue on launch day, getting disconnected, and logging back in to no characters. He didn't even get the honour of a real death :(

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Astryl posted:

Skill issue.

"Tap the button to reset the whole skill tree; hold the button to reset this one skill point" is one of the most insane ui choices I've ever seen.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I think this would have worked if we had gotten a "Looking for Lilith?" before he crashes through a wall

This would have made it my GotY.

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 17, 2023

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

The Little Kielbasa posted:

"Tap the button to reset the whole skill tree; hold the button to reset this one skill point" is one of the most insane ui choices I've ever seen.
....WHAT?! I feel so bad for console players right now.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
My friend didn't know who Donan or Lorath were going into act 4, but then he's been mainly high as gently caress while playing

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

DaveKap posted:

....WHAT?! I feel so bad for console players right now.

They chose to play on console.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
the lorax guy was way cooler than domen and whoever that chick was

i played with my friends on release day and we made it through about 2-3 hours of the story before everyone just started slamming skip

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
its nice youve found each other, so no one else has to put up with you.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Zero VGS posted:

I thought the whole campaign plot was pretty bad, and it didn't help that my normie casual bf playing with me is in Act 4 and they're like "We need to find Donan" and he's like "Who's Donan?!" like to him none of these people are memorable, even though he's not skipping dialog.

your bf is why almost all pop media these days is written at a literal child’s level

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
d4 more like dsnore

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Astryl posted:

They chose to play on console.

Sure, they deserve it. But this is also affecting decent folk who use controllers with their pc.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

There is nothing decent nor honorable about playing a diablo game with a controller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Sure, they deserve it. But this is also affecting decent folk who use controllers with their pc.

I'm curious if the inventory management for console is as bad as PC with controller.

Cursor skips all around the equipment slots and it seems impossible to equip items proper for barb w/ 4 weapons.

The loading screen being 2 button presses to skip, but 3 button presses closes the game because it pops up a new screen with exit highlighted, people have mentioned it before, the worst.