Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I still don't really get why MLB umpires have the job security of a Supreme Court justice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

He's safe

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

AndrewP posted:

I still don't really get why MLB umpires have the job security of a Supreme Court justice

Their union is extremely powerful and refuses to do anything about bad umps, they tell the league they'll just have to deal with it.

I'm normally pro-union and I like the players' union. But the umpire union just seems corrupt as poo poo

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

...! posted:

I'm normally pro-union and I like the players' union. But the umpire union just seems corrupt as poo poo

That's because umps are cops

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
The announcer: Now batting, Mike Tauchman
My brain: Tauchman Burner Overdrive

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
So wait I got here late and I'm looking at the box score, is there some kind of mistake on MLB.com or did the Orioles sacrifice their DH?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

:hmmyes:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Sydin posted:

So wait I got here late and I'm looking at the box score, is there some kind of mistake on MLB.com or did the Orioles sacrifice their DH?

McCann got pinch hit for in the fifth and Adley was already the DH. Gave them the opportunity to pull Mateo too since he's a black hole of a bat lately.

E: That switch, specifically, has been the Brandon Hyde special this year. He almost always has Adley DH on off days and if the game is even remotely close he'll pull McCann and move Adley back late in the game.

Artix fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 17, 2023

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Arcia just casually beating the third baseman to the bag haha

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Love the steal of third cause the pitcher just forgets you're there move

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Artix posted:

McCann got pinch hit for in the fifth and Adley was already the DH. Gave them the opportunity to pull Mateo too since he's a black hole of a bat lately.

Huh there you go, first time I think I've seen that happen since it came to the NL.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Ozbomb!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Ozzie golf

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

What did that baseball do to you Ozzie?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

CB doesn't know the count lmao

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lmao bucknor forgot the count I guess?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
How is it possible to be this bad at your job

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Poque posted:

How is it possible to be this bad at your job

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
unserious umping

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

lol CB forgot the count

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Lmao Bucknor lost count

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
The umpires lost the count last week when Hays was batting too

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
"after review the pitch is ball four"

Yeah no poo poo guys how were none of you paying attention to the count?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

1, 2, 3, uhhhh etc.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I mean, really this is the only way a game with a zone like this could end.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Endless Trash posted:

1, 2, 3, uhhhh etc.

For it's one, two, uhh I forget at the old ball game

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

two inches off the plate, strike, sure

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

god drat, Jordan Walker didnt get all of that and it was way gone

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I'm at the Mariners game today and I gotta say, watching live baseball with the AM radio broadcast in your ear is such a pro way to watch.

I turn 40 in two weeks.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

5 Ws in a row :eyepop:

Coming into today, the Orioles were playing 5 games above their pythag and the Cubs were 4 games below theirs. Hooray for regression to the mean! :toot:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:krakentoot:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Five in a row :toot:

Bucknor is a loving joke.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

W

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
W

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I cannot wait to see the ump scorecard on that O's game, that is the worst zone I've seen in a looong time.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Nooo murph... probably no big deal but yes pull him

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Murphy :ohdear:

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Murphy tweaked something coming around first base

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Today is a good day :krakentoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Big Eddie!