Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Well, happy Father’s Day to those that celebrate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

I really enjoyed my time there but I was bummed that they closed the exhibit that was just "look at randy pitchfords desk" (he is a major contributor to the museum)

lol wtf. wonder if that's what the '90s bedroom' is a replacement for.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Plebian Parasite posted:

just "look at randy pitchfords desk"

six-word horror story

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
reaching into randy pritchford's desk and pulling out contraband that gets me arrested

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They’re eggs, you see baby Yoshis hatch from them.

in super mario world they were explicitly egg-shaped prisons created by bowser!!!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Flying Zamboni posted:

A couple of years ago there was some video game podcast I'd never heard of who released an episode about Custer's Revenge and they asked apparently the only Native American person they knew to guest on it. The entire episode was the guy yelling at them for thinking it was a good idea.

lol

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Flying Zamboni posted:

A couple of years ago there was some video game podcast I'd never heard of who released an episode about Custer's Revenge and they asked apparently the only Native American person they knew to guest on it. The entire episode was the guy yelling at them for thinking it was a good idea.
A podcast with a Native American yelling at Americans about why they think something is a good idea sounds like something there should be more of.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
watch clearcut on shudder RIGHT NOW

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Thought about kheldragar's love dump today lmao

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Trash Ops posted:

i think someone found us...

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Flying Zamboni posted:

Yep I remember this. They could have not posted the episode but I guess posting it is a good way to tell other people not to gently caress up so spectacularly in the way that they did.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Autisanal Cheese posted:

Yep I remember this. They could have not posted the episode but I guess posting it is a good way to tell other people not to gently caress up so spectacularly in the way that they did.

yeah it's a huge fuckup but if that was a mcelroy pod the ep would be memory holed so fast lmao

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Hot Diggity! posted:

Today I spent a few hours at the beach then rode my bike 13 miles on the lakefront and now I am drinking a Miller High Life the champagne of beers.

Are you the guy from apathy and other small victories

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Every so often I see I reference to CliffyB in PC Gamer or something like that and I wonder how he somehow survived metoo

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Trash Ops posted:

:kheldragar:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

skeleton warrior posted:

Well, happy Father’s Day to those that celebrate it

Thank you. My family will spend all day yelling at me because I want to take a nap.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Today I honored the best Dad. I'm talking of course about the King of All Cosmos and I did it by 100%ing We ♥️ Katamari Reroll + Royal Reverie.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Pentaro posted:

Today I honored the best Dad. I'm talking of course about the King of All Cosmos and I did it by 100%ing We ♥️ Katamari Reroll + Royal Reverie.

he didn't appreciate it, did he?

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pentaro posted:

thank you

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Did u get 1 million red roses

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Paladinus posted:

Fun fact. The lady whom Marlon Brando famously sent in his stead to accept his academy award and talk about Native American issues most likely wasn't actually Native American.

Isn't this an actual propaganda angle from the people who wanted to lynch her onstage

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

yeah it's a huge fuckup but if that was a mcelroy pod the ep would be memory holed so fast lmao

yeah not in toxic positivity fanbase land

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

picturing Roger Ebert baying for a hanging

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Isn't this an actual propaganda angle from the people who wanted to lynch her onstage

Unfortunately, apparently not:

Wikipedia posted:

Littlefeather was born Marie Louise Cruz or Maria Louise Cruz on November 14, 1946, in Salinas, California. Her mother, Geroldine Marie Cruz (née Barnitz), was a leather stamper of French, German, and Dutch descent, and was born and raised in Santa Barbara, California. Littlefeather's father was Manuel Ybarra Cruz, a saddlemaker of Mexican descent, born and raised in Oxnard, California, who Littlefeather claimed had White Mountain Apache and Yaqui ancestry; however her sisters, as well as researchers who looked into the claim, state that he was of Spanish-Mexican ancestry with no tribal identity.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

picturing Roger Ebert baying for a hanging

lol

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

Autisanal Cheese posted:

Unfortunately, apparently not:

It seems like her sisters are the only ones saying this and they don't really have anything to back it up with.

sube
Nov 7, 2022

I wouldn't trust the wikipedia summary (which was edited by the person making the accusation directly). This is a good read on the situation: https://voshart.medium.com/the-crashing-of-sacheens-funeral-a3c3a7bec173. Jacqueline Keeler largely goes after Black Natives, takes censuses at face value despite there being a reason Native people might claim to be white at times (colonialism), and will accuse Native people she disagrees with of being Pretendian for refusing to give her personal information, etc.

sube fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jun 18, 2023

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

sube posted:

I wouldn't trust the wikipedia summary (which was edited by the person making the accusation directly). This is a good read on the situation: https://voshart.medium.com/the-crashing-of-sacheens-funeral-a3c3a7bec173. Jacqueline Keeler largely goes after Black Natives, takes censuses at face value despite there being a reason Native people might claim to be white at times (colonialism), and will accuse Native people she disagrees with of being Pretendian for refusing to give her personal information, etc.

woah thanks for this, didn't know about Keeler's involvement

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

sube posted:

That's interesting, thanks. I only remembered that her sisters spoke out, but didn't know the background.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

sube posted:

Thanks for this, in the meantime I read a number of articles about Keeler and her methods and yeah, oof

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

NoiseAnnoys posted:

he didn't appreciate it, did he?

lol

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Would any of our Rememberers be able to find the original "every day carry" thread from way back? I remember it being kind of prior to "EDC" and such being coined, more of a "show us what you keep in your backpack" kind of thing, definitely a bygone era where all of us were in college and for some reason like 80% of people carried a pistol, or claimed to. I'm curious to look at it now in 2023 (the one I'm thinking of was early on in my own posting career, so like 2008-9 or so?) although I'm sure the images no longer work.

Specifically I remember there being a small argument because someone posted the dugout they carried around to smoke weed on the go, and some nerd chastised them for being so irresponsible as to smoke weed and carry it around and they were just asking to get arrested and brutally prosecuted, because I hadn't previously been aware of what a dugout was and then I bought one for myself

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

i stand corrected.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
why did synthy have a breakdown in izwf

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

yeah whats going on in izwf

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

they're rattling the bars of their cage. confinement is driving them mad, and the only humane thing for jeff to do is to free 'em

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It's such a badly made game that I don't think bbg could fix matches even if he tried lol

This is the funniest part, if he WAS rigging it somehow it'd be an impressive feat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

why did synthy have a breakdown in izwf

You got a link?