Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Captain Invictus posted:

lmfao I do not remember that but that is an incredible total destruction by whoever said that lmfao
I wanna say that was Xavier too. Holy poo poo, I think Xavier wasn't a bad guest at all in retrospect :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Yeah, I didn't mind Xavier. I thought he had a good conversation with them about Fallout and stuff. I think all of the Superbeast guests have been great- Docsquiddy, Suzie, Gianni, Gene. It would have been nice to have someone like Gianni when Woolie was going through his shooter phase on his channel.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Mother's basement is a tviv poster but he exclusively watched mid anime.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
im glad plague of gripes isn't around the show anymore because that dude had rancid vibes

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Plague has good media insight videos, but also draws a lot of horny art and makes intentionally uncomfortable things like that animation about the professor who's loving all the pokemon

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Reminder, Paige voiced the vulpix in that.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Dabir posted:

Plague has good media insight videos,

No he doesn't.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
With all the talk about guests, have they talked about what's going to happen once Paige has the baby? I'm assuming Pat's gonna take some time off, so it might just be Woolie and guest on the pod for a while

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The baby will guest

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Disagree with him on their contents if you like but they manifestly do exist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kja1c6jlOs

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Andrast posted:

The baby will guest

Woolie: Pat Jr, any takes on Bobby Kotick's latest scandal?
Pat Jr: dwinkin milk good, kotick did nothing wrong

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dabir posted:

Disagree with him on their contents if you like but they manifestly do exist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kja1c6jlOs
don't bother, trying to argue with zen is like trying to argue with a particularly miserable brick wall, you're not going to get anything out of it

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

He makes videos, none of which are insightful. The man's a dunce at narrative understanding at a level that makes Pat look like genius

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jun 18, 2023

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

You can have that opinion but you shouldn't confuse it for a fact

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't like Plague's vibes.

Like I don't have receipts for him or whatever, just straight up, I watched a lot of his stuff back in the day and overtime, bad vibes.

As for Max, he seems like a nice dude who is good at what he does, I just don't have any interest in that stuff at all.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Plague is a perennial grouch with nuclear takes on video games (he hates Bloodborne) but I don't know if there's anything worse than that about him. He's just like interacting with that "negativity cloud" variety of Video Games poster here so I just don't engage with his stuff because it's tiring.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I'm surprised Plague doesn't have an account here, yes.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Mr. Woolie Versus, let me on your show. I have strong opinions on the shapes of continents and what they resemble.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

he's right, gently caress bloodborne, stupid victorian lovecraft bullshit

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Yeah, Plague's grouchiness is a little tiring. It just feels like nothing can be brought up without him making GBS threads on it. I've had those acquaintances and I just get tired of them.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Plague clears the bar of not calling everything in the world he doesn't like 'pandering' so that puts him above about 70% of analysts for the kinda people that would call Dunkey good at video essays

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Indecisive posted:

he's right, gently caress bloodborne, stupid victorian lovecraft bullshit

It owns

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Captain Invictus posted:

the biggest problem with geoff is that if he likes parts of a series, things like dragon maid, mushoku tensei, made in abyss, etc. which all have good aspects to them, but are forever horribly tainted by, say, the author's terrible fetishes making their way into the work, he has a bad habit of significantly downplaying or writing off those parts. he's not a bad dude and he makes pretty good deep dives and funny roast videos, but those aspects of his takes mean I always have to keep that in mind when he recommends stuff.

Yeah this is pretty much where my opinion was re: Geoff. Man is a little too quick to downplay bad aspects of a show that people will legitimately and completely fairly write off due to it blatantly being a vehicle for the author's Weird Kink poo poo. He's got pretty good analysis, he just approaches the medium with a love that makes it hard for him to criticize it in the ways it needs to be criticized in the same breath.

Also I'm also glad Plague never shows up anymore, he was miserable misanthrope who would argue about literally everything and was in fact like some of the most annoying posters here when they have to be right and angry about everything. He's a good artist but he's only one step removed from the "well, if you're offended by what I do that's YOUR problem" types and that just continues to make his vibes terrible.

That said it is kind of funny he won the war w/Pat and Woolie about "I want to be able to just push a button and fireball comes out" considering Street Fighter 6's modern controls.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Plague declared Shrine of Amana to be terrible and proceeded to puppet Paige through it during her play through of DS2. Not the worst thing in the world, or an indicator of a moral failing on his part, but It pissed me off because people who torpedo an experience before the person viewing it for themselves can form their own opinion are insufferable.

Also the zone's fine. Really quite beautiful and worth spending time in.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Shrine of Amana is awful though. People give it a pass because it’s one of the only ds2 areas that doesn’t look like a hallway from a ps2 game but outside of the visuals it is very tedious

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I don’t have any problems with Plague because whenever people have negative opinions that I don’t agree with about pop culture I just kind of shrug it off

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Yeah but I think there's a reasonable annoyance to be had with folks that are very extremely terribly annoying about it tbh

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Clerical Terrors posted:

Mr. Woolie Versus, let me on your show. I have strong opinions on the shapes of continents and what they resemble.

What about flags, though?

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?

Clerical Terrors posted:

I will support this, but only if you calmly and rationally insist that all continents look like an obviously mismatched shape. It can be any shape, but you must draw it unerringly on every example map.

loose goose
Oct 29, 2012

once i possess what i desire the millenium rod will mean absolutely nothing to me
his name isn't plague of commendations

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Plague's Dark Souls LP is still a wonderful work of art *and* a miserable slog of an experience both at the same time.

A DOZEN HOURS WITH NO PROGRESS WHERE ALL WE'VE DONE IS DISCUSS A SINGLE PILE OF BRICKS.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Vandar posted:

Plague's Dark Souls LP is still a wonderful work of art *and* a miserable slog of an experience both at the same time.

A DOZEN HOURS WITH NO PROGRESS WHERE ALL WE'VE DONE IS DISCUSS A SINGLE PILE OF BRICKS.

People focus on the bricks thing but that's clearly a joke. What Plague did unironically was tut tut Miyazaki for making the quillions on the Claymore the wrong shape, to give you an idea of what kind of grognard he is.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

loose goose posted:

his name isn't plague of commendations
:laugh:

Pretty sure this settles the entire discussion

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I thought Plague was alright as a guest cause he fit in fine right next to how crazy Pat and Woolie are about stuff, just in different directions :v:

Shinji2015 posted:

With all the talk about guests, have they talked about what's going to happen once Paige has the baby? I'm assuming Pat's gonna take some time off, so it might just be Woolie and guest on the pod for a while

I'm sure Pat will take a break from streaming but I'd bet he'll still do the podcast cause that's a one day affair. If not though it'll be a hoot to hear his week one baby stories cause you just know he's gonna have some wild ones.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?

Overlord K posted:

I'm sure Pat will take a break from streaming but I'd bet he'll still do the podcast cause that's a one day affair. If not though it'll be a hoot to hear his week one baby stories cause you just know he's gonna have some wild ones.
The Babycast preview vid on Youtube is just going to be a pic of the kid, and the RE Revelations guy going "BIOTERROR!"

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

https://clips.twitch.tv/LuckyResoluteSalsifyHoneyBadger-HLid4kX62xKm4J1k

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

also HOLY poo poo woolie keeps getting more cut every time I see him

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Woolie is the type to tell someone "Do a flip, taunt in the air, and parry the fall damage" when they're on the edge of a cliff.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Captain Invictus posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

also HOLY poo poo woolie keeps getting more cut every time I see him

Yeah, I haven't watched Woolie in a minute, he looks so skinny now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Woolie is so cut and healthy, how can you not trust him?