Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
That is a hopelessly dated article due it not being a mustard subreddit that drove him to madness.

The modern equivalent:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZK8Z8hulFg

withak fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jun 5, 2023

naem
May 29, 2011

that is some fun packaging

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Bardine Billets

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

berved in BUSTARD and BILL BAUCE

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Bill Bauce was my high school chemistry teacher. Surprised he's still around

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

To lazy to make real pasta

Season Sardines in olive oil, tomatoes, garlic, parm, little butter/pepper/lemon juice in ramen

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Anyone have a sardine fish cake recipe they like? Is it just sards, breadcrumbs, an egg, and some old bay?

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

flashy_mcflash posted:

Anyone have a sardine fish cake recipe they like? Is it just sards, breadcrumbs, an egg, and some old bay?

this but not old bay, instead do it like god intended and use some capers or good olives/parsley/lemon and maybe some pecorino romano or something like that and then fry in olive oil

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Sometimes I mix it up and use finely shredded potatoes instead of bread.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Dip Viscous posted:

Oh hell yeah

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Happy Dads day, 'dine dads. My kiddo did well.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Dad reporting a lunch of KO Dijon on Ritz. Best mustard 'dines to date, but still vastly inferior to just adding your own fav mustard to a plain can.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Yooper posted:

A good haul

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I'm never buying sardines in water based sauces again. They're just never as good as the ones in oil, plain olive oil > every water based option (and most of the other oil ones as well tbh)

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

distortion park posted:

I'm never buying sardines in water based sauces again. They're just never as good as the ones in oil, plain olive oil > every water based option (and most of the other oil ones as well tbh)

Only the very high end non-oil cans are any
good like those Porthos that goon got, those were the first time I had a in hot sauce can I found any good.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

If it ain't oil it stays at the store

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Yooper posted:

very nice! those matiz ones are very good

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
hell yeah I love those Matiz with piri piri peppers

naem
May 29, 2011

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!
if the crab is standing on top of a tuna, it is called a "hat trick" if the crab is standing on top of a salmon, it's called a "milwaukee hat trick". no one knows why this is

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

distortion park posted:

I never buy them but if I’m gifted a tin in water I just use it like a can of tuna

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dip Viscous posted:

I had some potatoes to use up and home Christmas these fish cakes were good. I think they might be my new favourite way to 'dine.

E: i didn't have olives or capers but I used dill and some very spicy paprika whose origins are a mystery. This was so so good.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Yooper posted:

Hope you enjoyed them!

Honestly, I didn't really care for the last batch of Maitz stuff I bought. I want to pick up some Riga Gold next time I'm at the store.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I can't enjoy canned tuna no matter how fancy it is. Just tastes like tuna.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Seasons in Louisiana hot sauce… pretty good. Would value dine again.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

skinless boneless sardines taste completely different from the ones with skin and bones, regardless of what liquid canned in and coming from the same brand. i think the skin affects it more than the bones. 'Dine meat without those two taste similar to other canned fish like tuna to me.

It's why I completely reject the skinless boneless and also why I shed a tear when I see a goon trying sardines for the first time and buy skinless boneless out of fear

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They are probably different species of sardines as well since the boneless ones usually come from Morocco exclusively.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Mu Zeta posted:

They are probably different species of sardines as well since the boneless ones usually come from Morocco exclusively.

just checked the KO website and that seems to be the case. Did not know that. Thanks for the info

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

I can't enjoy canned tuna no matter how fancy it is. Just tastes like tuna.

It's just so much worse than seared tuna steak that it feels like a waste to me, on top of being suspect for health/environment.

Tinned/jarred mackerel and sardines OTOH are their best form of preparation.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I don't mind tinned tuna for making tuna salads or sandwiches, but by themselves they are sub-par to 'dines in eating straight up.

Hmmmm, making a sardine salad sandwich sounds intriguing. I should test some recipes out.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I had a coupon for a free can of tuna a few years ago and I wound up using like 4x as much mayo to make salad as I do with sardines just to get it moist enough to eat. Never again.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I’m on this diet thing that keeps recommending tinned fish and I’m like “OK, if you insist…”

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Canned tuna by itself is okay if it's solid, not chunk, and in oil. Everything else is like eating textured water.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

cenotaph posted:

I had a coupon for a free can of tuna a few years ago and I wound up using like 4x as much mayo to make salad as I do with sardines just to get it moist enough to eat. Never again.

My guess is that you bought water packed tuna out of habit. Oil packed tuna needs very little mayo in comparison. I've only buy oil packed tuna ever since sardines taught me how much better oil is.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!
you know what kind of seafood is good in water?

oysters. when they are fresh and alive and in their shell, partially submersed in their own brine

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Kipper snacks are in water

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Kipper snacks are in water

Unfortunately.
Still love them but I wish I could get them in oil.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

I can’t say I’ve had a bad kipper snack at any price point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Apparently the Brits will do kippers in oil. Not sure why others won't, we need answers!