Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

assuming it's a work tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Danaru posted:

This is the funniest part, if he WAS rigging it somehow it'd be an impressive feat

That was a thing in VGCW early on, some of the characters literally could not win a match and it was discovered that one particular setting had a hidden effect of making them extremely weak in general. Like giving them them the leg brace visual item caused their stamina to drop to near zero. I'm pretty sure they just ran with it as part of the setting.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
The body splash finisher turned all the victims wrestling stats to 0 or something. Dorf got squashed.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
Okay I went looking in the Leper's Colony, and if I understand correctly, he is mad about computer games

I doubt sincerely there is a vast conspiracy but also what do I know lol

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

synthy moment

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
synthy is cracking under the pressure. he needs to remember his love for competition, his love for athleticism.

we need him in RAW.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Wait synthy wasn't already banned? Isn't that the point of the free synthy thing?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

ilmucche posted:

Wait synthy wasn't already banned? Isn't that the point of the free synthy thing?

weirdly instead of being banned he was restricted to just being able to view FYAD and imp zone

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Chewbecca posted:

Okay I went looking in the Leper's Colony, and if I understand correctly, he is mad about computer games

I doubt sincerely there is a vast conspiracy but also what do I know lol

it's all real. all of it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
izwf is real

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Best start believin' in the ring. You're in one

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

pentyne posted:

That was a thing in VGCW early on, some of the characters literally could not win a match and it was discovered that one particular setting had a hidden effect of making them extremely weak in general. Like giving them them the leg brace visual item caused their stamina to drop to near zero. I'm pretty sure they just ran with it as part of the setting.
i liked that obama would just constantly go for rollups at every possible opportunity. great gimmick tbh

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I think el jefe realized that he got himself into a no-win (for him) scenario by engaging with and endorsing the "free larry and synthy match" IZWF event (If you lose at the videogame, you gotta free them; if you win at the videogame, you look like a weenie because you won't let people post because your AI controlled avatar won in a wrestling game). By even taking part at all (hit cut a promo didn't he?) it really felt like an admission that he went overboard and wanted to walk back the punishments in a fun way that engages with the community he paid for.

Instead he's just ignored the website since except to occasionally post about buying hitler memes to lure people from reddit lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

why did synthy have a breakdown in izwf

its a work

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
there are three scenarios you can choose to believe

synthy is trolling
synthy is going stir crazy and believes theres an izwf conspirarcy and hes going to murder tld irl
there is an izwf conspiracy and tld will be made admin

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

aw frig aw dang it posted:

assuming it's a work tbh

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

I think el jefe realized that he got himself into a no-win (for him) scenario by engaging with and endorsing the "free larry and synthy match" IZWF event (If you lose at the videogame, you gotta free them; if you win at the videogame, you look like a weenie because you won't let people post because your AI controlled avatar won in a wrestling game). By even taking part at all (hit cut a promo didn't he?) it really felt like an admission that he went overboard and wanted to walk back the punishments in a fun way that engages with the community he paid for.

Instead he's just ignored the website since except to occasionally post about buying hitler memes to lure people from reddit lol

He's going brutally and insanely apologize.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
mfs thinking tld knows how to rig izwf when he cant even get backstage brawls to work and took 20 minutes to delete a character because he couldnt figure it out

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
WWE2K is so inscrutable, Astral has jobber stats but wins more often than not anyway.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

there are three scenarios you can choose to believe

synthy is trolling
synthy is going stir crazy and believes theres an izwf conspirarcy and hes going to murder tld irl
there is an izwf conspiracy and tld will be made admin

I mean those last two are less likely but stranger things have happened

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i choose to believe option 2 as it's funnier

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
whach you gonna do?

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i choose to believe option 2 as it's funnier

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Ohhhh was that why he thinks there is a conspiracy? He was competing to be able to see other forums again?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A lot is at stake.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If there's anything I learned about Imps, it's that they love the mod team and especially love helping the mod team with petty grudges lmao

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Jeff is using the record profits from all the former reddit user registrations to pay off TLD

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

synthy heel backstory arc nearly complete

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Synthy needs to marry Stephanie of YOSPOS

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Is it even theoretically possible to cheat or rig the game they are playing?

Not saying that happened, but idk what game they are playing or if it's just an off the wall insane thing to say

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I'm pretty sure TLD hacked the game, like he did this weird thing and went into this dimension where everything was a bunch of floating 1s and 0s and I just know he did something to them

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I saw TLD Lawnmower Man into the game and give Astral a gun I was there

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Chewbecca posted:

Not saying that happened, but idk what game they are playing or if it's just an off the wall insane thing to say

lol from what i remember tld actually jacked up synthy and larrys stats and they still lost because the ai in wwe games does what it wants and the stats dont matter

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol from what i remember tld actually jacked up synthy and larrys stats and they still lost because the ai in wwe games does what it wants and the stats dont matter

From what I understand about wrestling that’s pretty correct in a simulationist way

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lmao

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

TLD throwing people off the trail of his backroom dealings with Jeff by pretending to be too stupid to delete a character for half an hour

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Chewbecca posted:

There was a weird moment in Wednesday's stream where the women's battle royale started, the stream froze, and when it came back the women's champion was just... Gone. Not even to be seen walking off.

Like, I guess rigging like that is possible, but when you consider how buggy the game is when it actually works and

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

mfs thinking tld knows how to rig izwf when he cant even get backstage brawls to work and took 20 minutes to delete a character because he couldnt figure it out

Yeah, I doubt it's possible to rig at all.

Really it should be possible to rig, though, because that's wrasslin', baby.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Yep. They planned on having the Cyberdemon terrorize EXP but he gets effortlessly destroyed despite having a top tier moveset and perfect stats.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Kild posted:

Yep. They planned on having the Cyberdemon terrorize EXP but he gets effortlessly destroyed despite having a top tier moveset and perfect stats.

lol again at the screen going black and cyberdemon teleporting behind mekchu only to immeditally start getting his rear end kicked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol again at the screen going black and cyberdemon teleporting behind mekchu only to immeditally start getting his rear end kicked

it was a classic moment

https://clips.twitch.tv/SmokyBoldLapwingBuddhaBar-TBJNgifExWAEHr8W