Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Says you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I like this one, it's like a Lewis Carrol book minus the wit and charm

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (Misogyny)

Kellies Nomination: Most Incomprehensible

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008

the_steve posted:

He's lamenting that Donald Trump is facing prison time for no crime other than losing an election.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

You're no Gary Larson. You can keep Thag's name out of your mouth. gently caress Off.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Mike Smith

David M. Hitch

Adam Zyglis

Mike Thompson

David Horsey

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

The Artificial Kid posted:

Words on SASR warcrimes.

I'll point out that the overall feelings of operations in Afghanistan amongst the Aus SOF groups, both SASR and Commando, has been discussed publicly, by former Troopers on podcasts, where they talk about 'blooding' new members by having them execute captured locals, cracking jokes over the radio as they pick off locals that looked vaguely threatening, posing with their swastika-flagged Land Rovers, going hunting for Afghanis and planting radios on any bodies without guns (as having a radio = legitimate target according to their ROE) They had one episode about the time they mowed down Afghani cops, and then lied about what happened to the UN investigators.

The commentary from BRS's 'peers' is that they're bloodythirsty motherfuckers, which is cool and good, while their other peers, namely the US Marines, don't want anything to do with them.

Angepain posted:

"You mean a war in which the invading forces, supported by Russia, will be ultimately successful?"
"No, I was thinking about it from the USA's perspective, and assumed you would too, despite us both being Russian."
"Right, I see."

I'm annoyed at this because the comparison to Afghanistan is RIGHT THERE

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

If I wrote like that I would feel threatened by AI too

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

The cartoonist's tired and lovely point is very poorly expressed here.

"I believe in crushing all the traditional gender roles that don't involve me paying for this meal."

The natural way to parse this sentence, to me, is like so:

1.) There are many traditional gender roles, (1a.) some of which involve me paying for this meal.
2.) I believe in crushing all of the other ones.

So despite being mistaken about (1a.), she's suggesting that she wants to pay for the meal.

Moving the 'not' around to reduce any confusion results in similar meanings. Here, she doesn't actively want to crush anything, but she insists on not crushing the roles where she pays:

"I believe in not crushing all the traditional gender roles that involve me paying for this meal."

Or, a similar meaning that eliminates the incorrect premise of (1a.):

"I believe in crushing all the traditional gender roles that involve me not paying for this meal."

There, in fact, she's being very specific about which traditional gender roles she wants to crush: any and all that involve her not paying.

The cartoonist should have written:

"I believe in crushing all the traditional gender roles that don't involve me not paying for this meal."

Or, to spare the reader having to untangle the 'nots' (ahem):

"I believe in crushing all the traditional gender roles, except those that involve me not paying for this meal."

Or perhaps — less unwieldy, more natural-sounding:

"I believe in crushing all the traditional gender roles that don't involve who pays for this meal."

Or he could have not written anything at all and stabbed himself in the throat with his tablet stylus instead.

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

Really Bennett? You've been edging yourself over this scenario for 7 years and the best you can do is this and a picture of a champagne bottle? For shame.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tea Party Crasher posted:

If I wrote like that I would feel threatened by AI too

Who is this Al guy and why is he so threatening?

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
Horsey seems to have misspelled DEA and cops as Mexico and China

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I got bored:

E:

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jun 18, 2023

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
:fuckoff: Sinfest Sunday :fuckoff: In which... Tats just spirals, with nothing really cohesive going on even if he tries to focus on the Trump indictment. In two days' time the story goes from "Biden is under investigation! Surely they'll get him!" to "The FBI only investigates good, honest Americans while ignoring the real horrible crimes!" Also, apparently Trump is Jesus now?

At least there's some Pettyfest, although that yield is also fairly limited this week, probably due to the Reddit blackout.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

NGL I totally want a belt fed gun that shoots rubber dongs.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Not to be extra petty, but Joe Biden had his first re-election rally last night.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

By popular demand posted:

NGL I totally want a belt fed gun that shoots rubber dongs.

Brings a whole new meaning to Fallout 4's junk jet.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So now all of Tats handmaidens have the weird eyes? I thought that used to just be the drug addicted one's thing, to show she's just so darn ~cRaZy~ before he made her a "hero"? ...why the gently caress am I expecting consistent logic from this comic?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"The emperor’s new clothes: Boris Johnson departs after being exposed – He resigned as an MP after being found guilty of repeatedly lying to parliament over Partygate"

Sunday Telegraph:

Pressure builds on Bank of England’s Bailey for yet another bumper rate rise; England regret at missed chances as Australia stage fightback

Matt:

Sunday Times:

After Gericault.

Mail on Sunday:

Warning over creation of synthetic human embryos as top scientists say breakthrough could have 'chilling' effect if misused

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
If there's one thing I know about synthetic human embryos it is that, unlike natural embryos, they are capable of walking

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Mail has always been against stem cell research, IVF, human cloning, and "a life without suffering."

The only embryology they have ever supported is gay testing for eugenics purposes.

The root of the chain is Horsey? Weird to out himself like that.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62UzLgdb1GQ

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:

Observer:

"The emperor’s new clothes: Boris Johnson departs after being exposed – He resigned as an MP after being found guilty of repeatedly lying to parliament over Partygate"

Sunday Telegraph:

Pressure builds on Bank of England’s Bailey for yet another bumper rate rise; England regret at missed chances as Australia stage fightback

Let me get the obvious out of the way:

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Skios posted:

:fuckoff: Sinfest Sunday :fuckoff: In which...

Donald Trump is a big, wet, sad loser. A Good Cartoon.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

By popular demand posted:

Let me get the obvious out of the way:

Hah, nice!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I know it’s been said before but Sinfest is one of the clearest examples of how TERFism is just thinly disguised anti-LGBTQ and inevitable goes mask off at some point.

Also :laffo: at Tats, creator of loving Sinfest, pearl clutching over disrespect towards Christian iconography

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
something something antichrist

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
Grr I'm so mad at these loving perverts I'm gonna draw them sucking and loving and thrusting and having a good time so everyone knows how bad they are

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Bonerrr

Bonerrr

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Why is Biden two-face? I remember it from his legion of doom strip where lex luthor was a leather guy, but I don’t remember what it was supposed to symbolize. Nothing, like the redt of his bullshit?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

re sinfest

man, sure are a lot of perverts in, uh **checks notes** MAGA paradise Florida

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

re sinfest

man, sure are a lot of perverts in, uh **checks notes** MAGA paradise Florida

That's always been the paradox of Miami

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Good av potential though

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

World Famous W posted:

something something antichrist

something something cishet rights
dunno what I want but I know how to get it
gunna show queers having a real good time

and I wanna beeeee
bigotry!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I AM GRANDO posted:

Why is Biden two-face? I remember it from his legion of doom strip where lex luthor was a leather guy, but I don’t remember what it was supposed to symbolize. Nothing, like the redt of his bullshit?

I think it was just supposed to be because "He says X in public, but he secretly feels Y about it."
Where "it" was probably groping or grooming kids.

Or maybe it was a dementia thing. Sleepy Joe one minute, then wide awake and lucid and ready to do evil the next.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

the_steve posted:

Lawrence Welk is the winner, iron bars are the loser.

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Is anyone saying it’s a sad day for America? Those people are idiots, attempting to prosecute a former president for a crime he committed is good. We should do more of it.

Now I have cursed us to a Ted Rall where he goes: “You believe in prison abolition, but you think justice should be done in Trump’s case? How ironic.”

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

i know this is well-trodden ground by now but imagine telling someone 30 or 40 years ago that donald trump is being portrayed as a messianic figure by hardcore christian conservatives. just one of the stupidest things that has ever happened in history

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Angepain posted:

"You mean a war in which the invading forces, supported by Russia, will be ultimately successful?"
?

??

The whole point of Vietnam in the 20th century is that none of the invading forces were successful.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Skeleton Mom posted:

i know this is well-trodden ground by now but imagine telling someone 30 or 40 years ago that donald trump is being portrayed as a messianic figure by hardcore christian conservatives. just one of the stupidest things that has ever happened in history

Don't worry, there is always more and it is always stupider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011