Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
poo poo, they really gutted out poor S'theno. At least cope of quel'thalas is still usable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Szarrukin posted:

poo poo, they really gutted out poor S'theno. At least cope of quel'thalas is still usable.

nah the main deck that still used it was Spell Dh, and they can simply replace Abusive Sergeant with Crazed Alchemist (turning stheno into a 4/1) for 1 more mana

it makes her worthless for Rush and Outcast dh but she had largely fallen out of favor there anyways

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Firebert posted:

Really not sure why S'theno was nerfed. I get that it's had its time in the sun, but it wasn't even auto-include status anymore in Demon Hunter decks. Must be some incredibly broken interaction in testing for the next expansion.

I think that Zero cost DH/Warrior spell really put her over the edge (again)

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Excelzior posted:

https://news.blizzard.com/en-gb/hearthstone/23968055/26-4-3-patch-notes

The Purator

Old: [5 Mana]
New: [6 Mana]

Disco Maul

Old: [2 Mana] 2 Attack, 2 Durability
New: [3 Mana] 3 Attack, 2 Durability

Feast and Famine

Old: [1 Mana]
New: [2 Mana]

Lady S’Theno

Old: 2 Attack, 4 Health
New: 1 Attack, 4 Health

Hope of Quel’Thalas

Old: 4 Attack, 2 Durability
New: 3 Attack, 2 Durability

Pozzik, Audio Engineer

Old: 5 Attack, 4 Health
New: 4 Attack, 4 Health

Crimson Clergy

Now banned in Wild.

That’s milder than I feared and probably you just keep playing pure paladin unchanged.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Firebert posted:

Really not sure why S'theno was nerfed. I get that it's had its time in the sun, but it wasn't even auto-include status anymore in Demon Hunter decks. Must be some incredibly broken interaction in testing for the next expansion.

It’s because of spell DH.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Was Hope of Quel’Thalas really that big of a problem in Standard? I never see it in Wild unless i'm the one playing it.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Desert Bus posted:

Was Hope of Quel’Thalas really that big of a problem in Standard? I never see it in Wild unless i'm the one playing it.

When that card was first brought up earlier, I had no idea what card y'all were talking about. Completely forgot it existed.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Maul is the only paladin card I’m not sure about, because the deck already has such good 3 drops. Might experiment with dropping it.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Desert Bus posted:

It's weird, because it's not an enormous nerf but I also don't understand why they're doing it at all. Maybe Hunter has a weapon theme or attack power theme next expansion that would cause this to be busted or something, no clue

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Desert Bus posted:

It's part of some Hunter decks that are currently doing well, and I guess they wanted to touch the cards they intentionally overtuned before they touch the cards like Hollow Hound that are actually the most powerful plays.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jun 16, 2023

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Desert Bus posted:

It’s a generally strong card that got a lot stronger with hollow hound because buffing the rush/lifesteal/cleave minion pays off in dividends

It’s mostly (alongside the pozzik change) a preemptive nerf to make sure hunters don’t dominate once pure Paladin takes a backseat

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Hilarious - Playing Mech Paladin (Seems to have survived the changes, if anything it's better now) and got some absolute salt from a guy playing, of all things, Dew Process Mill Druid, a deck whose entire concept is 'Be a massive oval office to everyone you meet'.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Yea, as soon as I realize I'm playing a mill druid I'll usually concede. They're just not fun to play against. I've got better things to do with my time.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Ran into a Mill Warlock the other day in bronze Wild with Shellfish and that deathrattle copy guy and a Tamsin? I forget, I drew like 20 cards in one turn though, was actually kind of funny as long as I never see it again.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It’s mostly (alongside the pozzik change) a preemptive nerf to make sure hunters don’t dominate once pure Paladin takes a backseat

Yeah. They are also pretty light nerfs compared to something like what happened to S'Theno.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Any new decks cooking since the patch? Without reddit I'm really out of it lmao.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Come play Undead Chad Druid

### Chad Druid
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Attorney-at-Maw
# 2x (2) Chitinous Plating
# 2x (2) Fanboy
# 2x (3) Hedge Maze
# 2x (3) Wild Growth
# 1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager
# 1x (2) Coroner
# 1x (6) Rivendare, Warrider
# 1x (8) Ozumat
# 2x (4) Widowbloom Seedsman
# 2x (5) Death Blossom Whomper
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 1x (7) Colaque
# 2x (8) Mish-Mash Mosher
# 2x (9) Flesh Behemoth
# 1x (10) Thaddius, Monstrosity
# 1x (10) The Jailer
#
AAECAe2/BAagsATlsASm7wTipAXCpQX9xAUMiZ8Erp8E2p8ErsAE1d0Ewd8E+uIEje8E1JUFu5gF1sYF7YAGAAEDvM4E/cQF5JwF/cQFxaUF/cQFAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

This is near the top of the hsreplay stats for d5+ last 3 days. Was new to me, played 2 won 2, opponents seem not to know what to expect. Feels like it could be refined a bit. Doomkin is a gameplan ruiner for your opponent.

Mull for ramp, Doomkin and whomper. You don't really want your low cost minions at the start.

### Thaddius Druid
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Attorney-at-Maw
# 2x (2) Chitinous Plating
# 2x (2) Fanboy
# 2x (3) Hedge Maze
# 2x (3) Wild Growth
# 1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager
# 1x (2) Coroner
# 1x (6) Rivendare, Warrider
# 1x (8) Ozumat
# 2x (4) Widowbloom Seedsman
# 2x (5) Death Blossom Whomper
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 1x (6) Doomkin
# 2x (8) Mish-Mash Mosher
# 2x (9) Flesh Behemoth
# 1x (10) Thaddius, Monstrosity
# 1x (10) The Jailer
#
AAECAbSKAwblsASm7wTipAXCpQX9xAXOgAYMiZ8Erp8E2p8ErsAE1d0Ewd8E+uIEje8E1JUFu5gF1sYF7YAGAAEDvM4E/cQF5JwF/cQFxaUF/cQFAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Edit: I did not see the post above me! Guess it's time to welcome the undead druid meta...

avantgardener fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 16, 2023

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I tried Thaddeus Druid and I managed 2 wins in about a dozen games. The deck sucks.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I am about to uninstall. I’ve hit a plateau, nothing I can do gets me out of Plat 5. I’ve tried every deck I can think of. I just cannot get gud. :saddowns:

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I am about to uninstall. I’ve hit a plateau, nothing I can do gets me out of Plat 5. I’ve tried every deck I can think of. I just cannot get gud. :saddowns:

It can be hard, but pick a deck and stick with it. Really learn it, learn the matchups, and post replays because other people will identify different lines of play.

And if you start to tilt, take a break. Don't try to win a game then quit, don't play n more games, just walk away for a bit. That helped me a lot.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

It’s best not to jump around from deck to deck in a play session. Pick something that you think is going to be your best bet, and stick with it. As packrat said try and learn the different matchups and really understand how the deck plays.

Edit: and read the VS report and use their deck lists, don’t try and home-brew your own

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Was in the same place with Big DH, took me a long while and shitload of frustration until something finally clicked and I reached dad legend last month... and right now I'm at the same place with hound hunter. Theoretically I know how this deck works, it's like my brain gets dumb anytime I play it.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I have a challenge a friend quest and a spectate a friend quest going if anyone in the EU wants some XP. Gearmaster #2297 is my name.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Is there a resource like VS for Battlegrounds? I don't care about the mode enough to unlock extra hero choices, but I stall out at 6K every season and I want to see number go up.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I've been working on getting up to 60 with Death Knight this weekend and the nerfs apparently have made Blood DK very strong. I don't ladder so I'm not sure if it is everywhere there but it feels like you have to try hard to lose with it against most decks.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Pure pally is still very good and with spell DH gone Blood is by far the strongest deck vs pure pally so it’s going to have a strong presence. Not seeing it at all really at legend though - I’m at the bottom of the barrel though in the 3000s. I think at the spot I am it’s just people having fun rather than trying to get as high as possible.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

fanny packrat posted:

Is there a resource like VS for Battlegrounds? I don't care about the mode enough to unlock extra hero choices, but I stall out at 6K every season and I want to see number go up.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J_NuzXHEsppgrAWJzLEZwESfiiNyURo3pCBAO1ga2mE/edit#gid=723509242

The curvesheet's a useful resource for general 'is this just trash'/'how do people open with this hero' info. i'm still hovering around 6k though so no guarantees.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Blasmeister posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J_NuzXHEsppgrAWJzLEZwESfiiNyURo3pCBAO1ga2mE/edit#gid=723509242

The curvesheet's a useful resource for general 'is this just trash'/'how do people open with this hero' info. i'm still hovering around 6k though so no guarantees.

Wow, awesome, thank you! I'm pretty much mobile only, but I'm good at studying and remembering so this is perfect for me.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

fanny packrat posted:

It can be hard, but pick a deck and stick with it. Really learn it, learn the matchups, and post replays because other people will identify different lines of play.

And if you start to tilt, take a break. Don't try to win a game then quit, don't play n more games, just walk away for a bit. That helped me a lot.

The take a break thing is actually what did it. I stuck with one deck (Totem Shaman); I would play a deck and win one and lose five or so times and then switch. Finally Diamond for the first time ever!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Lich King + Leeroy feels unfair in BGs

also, I've somehow lucked into 5000 MMR and am getting repeatedly stomped

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

The take a break thing is actually what did it. I stuck with one deck (Totem Shaman); I would play a deck and win one and lose five or so times and then switch. Finally Diamond for the first time ever!

Hell yeah! Congrats on getting there.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I know almost nothing about battlegrounds except I play a couple games every few days, I only have 2 choices and I'm at 6064. What's considered "high"? I have no perception of it.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

WarEternal posted:

I know almost nothing about battlegrounds except I play a couple games every few days, I only have 2 choices and I'm at 6064. What's considered "high"? I have no perception of it.

The top 50% of players have reached 5700 mmr
The top 25% of players have reached 6500 mmr
The top 10% of players have reached 7000 mmr
Congratulations to the top 1% of players who have reached 8300 mmr

those are old stats (may 2022) but it's probably about the same now. on the US leaderboards, 14,452 people are rating 8000 or higher. not sure how many there are in total.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Relatedly, I heard the internal MMR has a floor at 6k, and the lobby difficulty lined up with that in my experience on my initial climb: A difficulty spike as you get away from 6k, and then roughly the same difficulty, or a very gradual increase, for the next couple of thousand MMR.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Pro strat is just to never let yourself reach 6k and enjoy the fun games.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Disargeria posted:

Pro strat is just to never let yourself reach 6k and enjoy the fun games.
I like Battlegrounds as a mode to mindlessly goof around in without paying 100% attention. I got above 7k in one season a while ago and it definitely stops feeling like the game mode that I like when you get up there so I have been intentionally capping my progress around 5k ever since and it's great.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

New format announced replacing Classic, Twist!

https://www.hearthpwn.com/news/10105-introducing-hearthstones-new-mode-twist-preview

It's a set rotating format, with each season having a twist :v:

Beta test Twist features Core set, along with every set since Ashes of Outland, except Neutrals aren't allowed.

Having a quick scan and, well hope you're still a fan of Pure Paladin :negative:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Yeah if they don't remove the pure pally payoff cards it will run over the format

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I actually forgot how many super solid cards Paladin has gotten over the past few years. To list a few stand outs from each non-Standard set:

Ashes: The Libram package, Murgur, Hand of A'dal
Scholomance: Barov, First Day of School
Madness: Lothraxion, Yrel, Oh My Yogg, Hammer of the Naaru
Barrens: Cariel, Conviction, Sword of the Fallen, Knight of Anointment, Galloping Saviour
Stormwind: City Tax, the Handbuff package, Righteous Defence
Valley: Lightforged Cariel, Stonehearth Vindicator

Point being I'd day one try Pure Paladin, assuming they don't hit the payoff cards.