Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
My work dei newsletter decided to solely focus on qtpoc topics and gotta admit it kinda stinks to be passively excluded from my month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I'm glad everything is fine if you're white and trans

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
White trans people have achieved everything already, we got a Montana House Rep who isn't allowed in the room.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Shiroc posted:

White trans people have achieved everything already, we got a Montana House Rep who isn't allowed in the room.

We have one that I know of, Leigh Finke. She helped pass Trans protection legislation and legal weed last session so she's good.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

tokin opposition posted:

My work dei newsletter decided to solely focus on qtpoc topics and gotta admit it kinda stinks to be passively excluded from my month

my work sacked all the openly queer people it has right at the start of pride month, except me, because i'm not paid much

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

love de&i, it's definitely something that means something and isn't just an extended farting noise that companies make

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

t-minus 15 days until the crosswalks stop being gay. live it up, aberrants

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I will never give up my ability to move at Gay Speed

peachy...
Jan 15, 2020

~hey~
Gay speed is the only speed

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Painted my nails the Pan flag and now it's time for Pride tomorrow. Yeehaw!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
cautiously optimistic

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Pride parade today, and the weather is lovely, so I can officially forget to reapply sunscreen and get my annual pride sunburn

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

apply the sunscreen in a way that leaves a strip on ur back exposed, the sun-scorched flesh can be the red of a beautiful rainbow that u later paint on

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
the sunburn is gods wrath for me stealing the rainbow from him

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

tokin opposition posted:

I got an e-mail from Amazon that said "Celebrate Pride with a free LGBTQIA+ Kindle e-book! Click here to redeem." and I clicked there to see what they had because normally it makes my heart glad when people care enough/pay enough attention to make it all the way to the A, normally it means a lot to me actually, but something about the LGBTQIA+ content in question being a selection of free romance stories told me my letter might just be included by rote actually and they were not being thoughtfully inclusive at all!

Unless the A was for Amazon, I was right, and I am still a little mad about it.

I would totally have read an asexual romance novel.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Doughnuts Under A Crescent Moon ends up being an asexual romance manga if you're looking for something along those lines

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Oh, thank you for the rec! :buddy: That doesn't look like quite what came to mind when visions of asexual romance books danced in my head upon seeing the email, but I appreciate you pointing it out in case it was :3:

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
It was just one a really enjoyed and I thought the part where the two main women address their mutual asexuality was really cute so I'm basically ready to slap the recommendation down at any remotely fitting opportunity.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:lmao: I am happy to have helped craft a fitting opportunity! That does sound extremely sweet, I am happier knowing it exists, thank you.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
drat, Pride was massive here, I’ve never seen so many people attend in my small city. It was kind of annoying at the community festival as the artists alley was waaay too narrow for the amount of people. I guess we’ll just have to take over the bigger park next year :gaysper:

I guess there’s a big dance party in the public square later.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
There is something so great about the vibe at the Pride events I've been to, because you know the majority of people present are in the general more willing to be chill, tolerant, and supportive of the festivities and of others' modes of self-expression.

Then those wired dudes with the sharpied cardboard signs and boomboxes yelling about old testament-tier damnations out on the periphery can be seen for the fringe souls they truly are.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I got an e-mail from Amazon that said "Celebrate Pride with a free LGBTQIA+ Kindle e-book! Click here to redeem." and I clicked there to see what they had because normally it makes my heart glad when people care enough/pay enough attention to make it all the way to the A, normally it means a lot to me actually, but something about the LGBTQIA+ content in question being a selection of free romance stories told me my letter might just be included by rote actually and they were not being thoughtfully inclusive at all!

Unless the A was for Amazon, I was right, and I am still a little mad about it.

I would totally have read an asexual romance novel.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

actually it stands for internal affairs, the cops of cops

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

tokin opposition posted:

actually it stands for internal affairs, the better version of the departed

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

That's Infernal Affairs! :argh:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:hmmyes:

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

think I'm being driven insane by every anti-LGBT thing going on because I can't do anything about it and the reasons why these people are all in on anti-LGBT are for the dumbest loving things possible, like believing there's a magical guy in the sky who gets mad at gay sex or that they believe there's a coven of doctors forcing people to be gay or trans. I loving hate how stupid this country is, I hate the right-wing so loving much and I hate the libs almost as much for being useless opposition against these freaks and monsters.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ive come to the conclusion that the libs believe in trans genocide just as much as conservatives, they just know it would be a faux pas to openly support so theyre just "asking questions" about "childrens health"

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
They're okay enough with trans people existing but they absolutely don't want their kid to be trans so it has been a very effective line.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

i think it's a passivity of politeness. as in the absence of distruption and norms are the important things. if that means trans people are integrated socially, fine. if that means that trans people are destroyed in horrific blood rituals, also fine

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i would like to believe it's benign neglect as you both described but that doesnt explain why every liberal rag has run a detransition story, a "grooming" story, and a story where fascist psychos are equated to be exactly the same as the people who want their gender affirming care to be left alone

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

gotta explore Both Sides of our continued existence

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011
https://youtu.be/sbD1XDhKr8U

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

Benign neglect would be preferable to whatever we currently have. As is, we're jettisoned at the first sign of even remote pushback on our existence. It very much feels like the libs have decided trans people are an acceptable sacrifice in the current cultural climate and are actively choosing to do nothing

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Most of my experience with libs in my life is that they view transness between utter bafflement or with off putting pity. Nothing ever really reaches them that a trans life is a good life. I hate that so much 'pro' trans media coverage latches to discussing suicide rates that presents it like a way of living that is literally only better than being dead.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Al! posted:

i would like to believe it's benign neglect as you both described but that doesnt explain why every liberal rag has run a detransition story, a "grooming" story, and a story where fascist psychos are equated to be exactly the same as the people who want their gender affirming care to be left alone

liberalism.txt posted:

— 9th March, the Anthropophagus has quitted his den
— 10th, the Corsican Ogre has landed at Cape Juan
— 11th, the Tiger has arrived at Gap
— 12th, the Monster slept at Grenoble
— 13th, the Tyrant has passed through Lyons
— 14th, the Usurper is directing his steps towards Dijon, but the brave and loyal Burgundians have risen en masse and surrounded him on all sides
— 18th, Bonaparte is only sixty leagues from the capital; he has been fortunate enough to escape the hands of his pursuers
— 19th, Bonaparte is advancing with rapid steps, but he will never enter Paris
— 20th, Napoleon will, tomorrow, be under our ramparts
— 21st, the Emperor is at Fontainbleau
— 22nd, His Imperial and Royal Majesty, yesterday evening, arrived at the Tuileries, amidst the joyful acclamations of his devoted and faithful subjects.

you don't need to speculate malice when being a craven collaborator and profiteer is right there. i admit it makes almost no practical difference except to need to distrust polite smiles as well as scowls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I've just promised myself that the next person to even edge into the lightest lib-poo poo "just asking questions" Transphobia is going to be treated the same way I treat Nazis. It's how I keep sane.

And kids aren't nearly as Transphobic as older people are. People 20 and under think that Transphobes are batshit nuts.