Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

how did you find a picture of my happy place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

is that lil kim

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

matti posted:

how did you find a picture of my happy place
:mrgw:

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

i played the xvi combat demo again and there's a custom animation that plays if you stagger one of the minibosses with the garuda pull, which is a cool detail

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

got a few hours into xcom 2 today and this poo poo owns; except for one gnarly early level the difficulty hasn't been as unreasonable as the DOS games which I appreciate

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

xcom 2 loving rules, yeah

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Dijkstracula posted:

man I'd love a modern might and magic that I also would have the stamina to play

every few years I try to play a grid-based RPG and just tap out after a session

i liked might and magic x. but that was made to be like a retro game

Captain Foo posted:

ha ha! now i have a stormcrow

hell yeah Ryoken A ftw

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the new infantry update for Squad looks nuts and I’m extremely stoked to give it a go

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Dijkstracula posted:

so I fell down a "modern version of classic RPG style" rabbit hole and I did find some folks who are working on a Betrayal at Kondor-inspired thing :eyepop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5cQAo7UI-c

holy poo poo. now that's a name i haven't heard in a while. this looks really cool, too

:yosnice:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Roosevelt posted:

i liked might and magic x. but that was made to be like a retro game

hell yeah Ryoken A ftw

i landed a stormcrow H, which has heat problems but hits like at truck (in general, clans in bta3062 have been rebalanced towards hitting harder, hotter, and closer)

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Captain Foo posted:

i landed a stormcrow H, which has heat problems but hits like at truck (in general, clans in bta3062 have been rebalanced towards hitting harder, hotter, and closer)

idk if kit foxes are in the game but lmao at this variant

quote:

Alternate Configuration V
This configuration provides fast artillery support to Clan forces via an Arrow IV system, fed with three tons of ammunition. For close in defense the left arm has two ER small lasers.

just your typical little 35 ton light mech scootin around with a couple pea-shooters and also an ICBM

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

kit foxes are in in the game and i have not seen that variant but it’s probably there

It’s the artillery version of the hollander lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Captain Foo posted:

kit foxes are in in the game and i have not seen that variant but it’s probably there

It’s the artillery version of the hollander lol
sorry what game is this again

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i keep meaning to play the harebrained battletech now that i can run it. iirc there was a weird bug that made ending your turn take a long rear end time, last time i tried

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

are the DLCs worthwhile? i played through the campaign a long time ago, but haven't looked at anything since

steam summer sale should be soon, so i can just keep doing my rimworld run until that happens. provided the colony survives. we'll see

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hbs battletech, specifically with the “ battletech advanced 3062” major modpack

If you’re getting the game you want all the dlc

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i believe the engine has a fundamental issue so even on a really powerful rig the game has some chopping and speed issues, and modpacks disable ingame saves (and missions can take over an hour in some cases) but it’s still a fantastic battletech experience

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

i am become Link, destroyer of Gleeoks

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

hbs battletech, specifically with the “ battletech advanced 3062” major modpack

If you’re getting the game you want all the dlc
ty foo, will have to try this

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

is it worth playing through vanilla first before the modpack?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Kenny Logins posted:

is it worth playing through vanilla first before the modpack?

yes

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

ty ty

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

so “i wonder what happens if i fly into that permanent thunderstorm” sure opens a can of worms

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

not too different from any star trek episode where they fly into a random nebula?

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

battletech looks pretty great and I loved the tabletop game as a kid so maybe that should be what I check out after I burn out on xcom

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

my hunter got eaten by a polar bear

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

oh nice, I just picked up satisfactory again and now actually see a use for billboards instead of just naming my train/truck stations

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
the battletech game was real good imo, i played the heck out of it

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dijkstracula posted:

battletech looks pretty great and I loved the tabletop game as a kid so maybe that should be what I check out after I burn out on xcom

Kenny Logins posted:

ty foo, will have to try this

here's my official recommendation: get the full game + DLC, and play through the campaign unmodded except for maybe a couple of small QoL mods, i think there's a colored LoS one that's incredibly helpful, similar in concept to Gotcha Again for xcom2wotc.

Then, if you have a hankering for MORE, get one of the Big Modpacks and do a career. The three Big Modpacks are in order of less wild stuff to more wild stuff are Battletech Extended (BEX), Battletech Advanced 3062 (BTA), and RogueTech (RT).

I haven't touched BEX, played RT a long time ago and didn't like it much, and am now working on my second BTA career.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

here's my official recommendation: get the full game + DLC, and play through the campaign unmodded except for maybe a couple of small QoL mods, i think there's a colored LoS one that's incredibly helpful, similar in concept to Gotcha Again for xcom2wotc.

Then, if you have a hankering for MORE, get one of the Big Modpacks and do a career. The three Big Modpacks are in order of less wild stuff to more wild stuff are Battletech Extended (BEX), Battletech Advanced 3062 (BTA), and RogueTech (RT).

I haven't touched BEX, played RT a long time ago and didn't like it much, and am now working on my second BTA career.
:tipshat:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

also here is the greyforum HBS battletech thread, if you're interested https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3821533

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Agile Vector posted:

for me it was the FF7 pc release and it had several game-breaking, stopping bugs lol

it's too drat easy to wander in that game then start events and dailies and suddenly, yeah, 5 hours are gone

I'm now only doing the main quests now, plus anything that automatically pops up (so daily quests I guess?). Still managed to play for three hours when I was only going to play until my laundry was done. But I was wearing headphones so of course I couldn't actually hear the notification.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

is that Elon, Maye and Kimbal?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

skipping 600 poasts to say chicory is good

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

the guikit joycon joysticks came in and I got them swapped out with the stock ones

the stock ones were in bad shape so the difference was super noticeable, hopefully these last longer

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Cat Face Joe posted:

skipping 600 poasts to say chicory is good

What the gently caress

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Oh I thought this was the coffee thread nevermind

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i think i got burned out on rimworld a bit which is fine because elden ring has been calling me again

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

polyester concept posted:

i think i got burned out on rimworld

What the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i love starting new colonies so much but the end game grind can get kinda boring