Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tampa Bae posted:

Except the Elite and Punk have a reason to work together to make a lot of money so they can put their differences aside. We all paid to be on this website so we're the losers paying to be mad at each other

Jokes on you, Rarity vs. MJeff is gonna sell out GBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

Jokes on you, Rarity vs. MJeff is gonna sell out GBS

Shakespeare to dogs, etc

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Did the guy who toxxed a perma for punk’s return get his just desserts yet

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MJeff posted:

I've tried to keep quiet about this, but hey, over the past 10 months, there's been a lot of super cutesy posts about "wouldn't it be funny if CM Punk immediately injured himself again, I'm technically not wishing injury on him, I'm just CONSTANTLY talking about how funny it would be and how much I would personally enjoy it if he suffered a long-term injury immediately upon returning to the ring".

Can we like, knock it the gently caress off, maybe? If we did this about any other wrestler, it would correctly be called out as the hosed up thing it is. If somebody said "oh man, wonder if Hangman Page is gonna concuss himself again on his first bump!" or "oh man, I sure would love it if Kris Statlander is gonna blow out her knee again five seconds into her first title defense!", it would be regarded as a very hosed up thing to say. And yes, I know, you think this is a disingenuous analogy and these examples are appreciably different because you like those wrestlers, but you don't like CM Punk. Congratulations on liking one wrestler and not liking another one.

The dude came back. He wrestled a match. He didn't dive off anything. He didn't get injured. You had your fun. Can we just stop?

no

But also I probably won't be watching on Saturdays so I don't think I'm going to be a big source of the problem moving forward

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MJeff posted:

I've tried to keep quiet about this, but hey, over the past 10 months, there's been a lot of super cutesy posts about "wouldn't it be funny if CM Punk immediately injured himself again, I'm technically not wishing injury on him, I'm just CONSTANTLY talking about how funny it would be and how much I would personally enjoy it if he suffered a long-term injury immediately upon returning to the ring".

Can we like, knock it the gently caress off, maybe? If we did this about any other wrestler, it would correctly be called out as the hosed up thing it is. If somebody said "oh man, wonder if Hangman Page is gonna concuss himself again on his first bump!" or "oh man, I sure would love it if Kris Statlander is gonna blow out her knee again five seconds into her first title defense!", it would be regarded as a very hosed up thing to say. And yes, I know, you think this is a disingenuous analogy and these examples are appreciably different because you like those wrestlers, but you don't like CM Punk. Congratulations on liking one wrestler and not liking another one.

The dude came back. He wrestled a match. He didn't dive off anything. He didn't get injured. You had your fun. Can we just stop?

:agreed:

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Thanks, I just put the ban request in. As previously mentioned, permas are reserved for more extreme cases, even if they're self-toxxed.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MJeff posted:

Everyone does this to Cody, no one cares because he’s a traitor to the good billionaire.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Everyone does this to Cody, no one cares because he’s a traitor to the good billionaire.

“I am a booker Mr. McMahon!!”

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

“I am a booker Mr. McMahon!!”

Lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Thank you for your service, but we’ve got a new EMF

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Nobody's wishing harm on Cody, mainly because he already hurt himself plenty

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Punk is going to need to raise the stakes by bruising a titty

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it seems like there's a lot of chat after every issue is brought up. is it possible to kill kalameet the first time he shows up? on that bridge where he lands, looks at you, then flies away. something tells me it's not even an actual character model at all but an object with animations attached to it.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Eat My Fuc posted:

Nobody does this to Cody, they just laugh at him over his humiliation fetish and hubris to think he'd be the exception in WWE

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Tampa Bae posted:

Nobody does this to Cody, they just laugh at him over his humiliation fetish and hubris to think he'd be the exception in WWE

If anything, people were pleading with Cody not to do stuff like wrestle with a broken titty, or let himself get whipped in an increasingly uncomfortable segment, or tear his back up on a burning table, or nearly brain himself jumping out of the ring onto the entrance ramp

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Cavauro posted:

it seems like there's a lot of chat after every issue is brought up. is it possible to kill kalameet the first time he shows up? on that bridge where he lands, looks at you, then flies away. something tells me it's not even an actual character model at all but an object with animations attached to it.

you used to be able to by quitting out and he would freeze but they fixed it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i hope stokely hathaway gets scared by a muscular wrestler and falls on his butt, shrieking in terror

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

I'm gonna miss you wish.com Cavauro, keep fighting the good fight x

And all you others who respond to my actual opinions with Elon Musk quality memes and personal insults and low-content shitposts then get on your high horses about how people should and shouldn't behave on the forums and are then in pure disbelief that I am just going to leave this toxic place after 22 years and not epic re-reg, cheerio and best wishes! I am glad that you can find so much enjoyment out of AEW when it's turned into such a bitter disappointment for me. I'll take my negativity elsewhere and I really should have realised it was the wrong audience here, so I'm sorry for that.

Just one final word - I think the way you all treated LividLiquid was incredibly lovely. They just asked for one little line in that giant wall of text and images to be removed because they felt personally offended by it and they got shouted down and told that their feelings were irrelevant. It would have taken so little effort just to recognise that one person but NO, the collective has spoken.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Penguin Patrol posted:

Thanks, I just put the ban request in. As previously mentioned, permas are reserved for more extreme cases, even if they're self-toxxed.

Do it coward.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://youtu.be/915VXjd4Ta4

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I don't know what the LividLiquid thing was about but otherwise it seems like some time off might be good for you.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's adorable that you're trying to convince yourself that you're not gonna rereg.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Gentlemen you can't fight in here! This is the wrestling forum!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rough father's day around here but I guess it is wrestling.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
imo its fine to make fun of wrestler who get hurt all the time, people did it with hhh and his quads

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I don't know what the LividLiquid thing was about but otherwise it seems like some time off might be good for you.

LividLiquid is part of a marginalised group. They felt that even though the Acclaimed are also parts of marginalised groups that they were still fomenting the same kind of reaction towards marginalised groups that Donald Trump was facilitating. The collective absolutely dogpiled LL for making the comparison and it ended with a quote that has stuck around in the first post of the AEW thread for over a year now. LL just popped into an AEW thread a while back to politely ask if it could be removed because they felt personally attacked every time they saw it. No matter what you believe about how it was said or whether it was valid or whatever, why the gently caress couldn't anybody just say "oh yeah we've got a shitload of stuff in that post already, it really doesn't matter to us if it helps you feel more like a member of our community" and get rid of it? It's a rhetorical question by the way, I already know the answer and it's why I've basically done an overly prolonged banme request.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i feel like i missed a week of something

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

imo its fine to make fun of wrestler who get hurt all the time, people did it with hhh and his quads

yeah and people aren't really wishing new injuries on punk just joking about how he's already had two major injuries in the last year since he's in his mid 40's now and it goes with the weak body weak mind promos etc

not really something anyone needs to take personally or think that anyone is trying to actually curse someone about

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i hope stokely hathaway gets scared by a muscular wrestler and falls on his butt, shrieking in terror

mods??

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Hammond Egger posted:

I am just going to leave this toxic place after 22

Your reg date is 2011. What was your original account??

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Malcolm Excellent posted:

double jeopardy, gettim

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hammond Egger posted:

I'm gonna miss you wish.com Cavauro, keep fighting the good fight x

And all you others who respond to my actual opinions with Elon Musk quality memes and personal insults and low-content shitposts then get on your high horses about how people should and shouldn't behave on the forums and are then in pure disbelief that I am just going to leave this toxic place after 22 years and not epic re-reg, cheerio and best wishes! I am glad that you can find so much enjoyment out of AEW when it's turned into such a bitter disappointment for me. I'll take my negativity elsewhere and I really should have realised it was the wrong audience here, so I'm sorry for that.

Just one final word - I think the way you all treated LividLiquid was incredibly lovely. They just asked for one little line in that giant wall of text and images to be removed because they felt personally offended by it and they got shouted down and told that their feelings were irrelevant. It would have taken so little effort just to recognise that one person but NO, the collective has spoken.

\

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

no need to attack each other

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i dont know who that guy is

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

that's charles

his friends and family call him chuck

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This should help

https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Chuck_McGill

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

whatever happened it must have been many months ago or during one of those times where 6 to 15 pages of posts happen really fast and if you missed it you missed it. everyone is their own person. there are openings for the banggood.com cavauro and poppin.com cavauro. The Gen 2 PoppinPod is here

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I lurked. I lurked until I could think of a username, and in the end I settled on one that turned out to be almost identical to the main character of one of the most popular TV shows of the last decade. That I hadn't seen. lol

If I'm still here then I'll take the opportunity to apologise to Shard. I can't remember when it was or what I said but I remember being very mean-spirited in response to one of your posts a while ago. Bang out of order, sorry mate.

And thank you to posters Jerusalem, Chris James 2 and WrasslorMonkey. Quality content, informative and funny. Also the earnest posters like SamuraiFoochs.

People like this on the other hand:

Just prove my point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't even remember it but I appreciate the apology anyway.