Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

all that fun you were having is fake. after 200 hours its obvious you were tricked. pack it in blizzailures, back to the lols thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

The overworld is very big and yet there's so few events, that does suck.

But I'm not sure what other events they could make in a 1 screen sized area.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, now that the honeymoon period has ended, its obvious Diablo IV is actually not that good at all. The end game is pretty terrible. Hoping the season 1 release will bring a ton of improvements, but if it doesnt then its a dead on arrival season and that won't be good for the longevity of this game.

i disagree, i had a lot of fun with it. i look forward to what season 1 adds, the replay value looks to only be going up from here.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Bah just lost my HC sorc in the lvl 50 capstone dungeon to a disconnect

feeling 0 motivation to level a new one and overal pretty done with the game for now

I'll log in to my sc rogue maybe a few more times until s1 starts to blow up some packs

heres hoping s1 is more than a few extra quests!

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

mbt posted:

all that fun you were having is fake. after 200 hours its obvious you were tricked. pack it in blizzailures, back to the lols thread

Game was great until I got to 75 and had to start doing NM dungeons and sift through piles and piles and piles of loot. Then it was tedious. I wouldn't say it's a bad game right now but it doesn't have the staying power D3 (post expansion) did.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the staying power of d3: 99% of people loading up a fresh season for a single play session once every 2 years

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I played 2-3 weeks every season and it was very enjoyable.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
having a great time playing this terrible game with my buds and 10 million other people

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, now that the honeymoon period has ended, its obvious Diablo IV is actually not that good at all. The end game is pretty terrible. Hoping the season 1 release will bring a ton of improvements, but if it doesnt then its a dead on arrival season and that won't be good for the longevity of this game.

lmao you are a wild one

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bamhand posted:

Game was great until I got to 75 and had to start doing NM dungeons and sift through piles and piles and piles of loot. Then it was tedious. I wouldn't say it's a bad game right now but it doesn't have the staying power D3 (post expansion) did.

bamhand posted:

I played 2-3 weeks every season and it was very enjoyable.

ive been enjoying it as my post totk game a lot, i think its depth will only increase with future updates. feels safe to be optimistic about the future of this game if the foundation has been this solid and rewarding.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
D3 ended up being very shallow, but it was fun as long as you accepted its limitations.

#RIP ue multishot, may we meet again in another arpg

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Also, its clear that they have more planned for d4 w/r/t progression and whatnot.

Kudos if you’re enough of a diehard to play much past 70, it gets pretty dire

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Vic posted:

Yeah after leveling two characters to 60 it feels like a game that's been released early. I'm mad at myself for believing the reviews. I like the direction they're taking it, but it's so loving tedious right now.

Good god.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Dpulex posted:

Are we at the hype cycle phase of wishing the game was diablo 3, a game we all hated 3 weeks ago?
I wish this game was Marvel Heroes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

I wish this game was Marvel Heroes.

Yeah, this is the real hype cycle phase.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

wemgo posted:

Also, its clear that they have more planned for d4 w/r/t progression and whatnot.

Kudos if you’re enough of a diehard to play much past 70, it gets pretty dire

the bit after 70 is the best part

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dpulex posted:

Are we at the hype cycle phase of wishing the game was diablo 3, a game we all hated 3 weeks ago?

i dont remember that

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
diablows gay

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i have not seen evidence that he shares those qualities with harvey milk

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

So, my rogue is lvl 68, all slots of gear are around ilvl 770-800 I believe. Got all my correct aspects aplied. Got like 2 uniques I'm using.

So the next 32 levels will basically feel exactly the same? How does the monster scaling compare to increases in paragon power if my gear stays stagnant?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mikojan posted:

So, my rogue is lvl 68, all slots of gear are around ilvl 770-800 I believe. Got all my correct aspects aplied. Got like 2 uniques I'm using.

So the next 32 levels will basically feel exactly the same? How does the monster scaling compare to increases in paragon power if my gear stays stagnant?

you can always vary it up as you go along, dont feel the need to get married to the same build in the later levels if you're worried about it becoming a grind

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Why do sorc conjurations do so little damage? I picked up ice blades because on paper some free cooldown reduction seems cool but they literally tickle enemies even at max level. Each swipe does like 2k damage.

It can be buffed at least 2x-3x and it would still be pretty trash.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

you can always vary it up as you go along, dont feel the need to get married to the same build in the later levels if you're worried about it becoming a grind

I love the build, its great fun. Just wondering how this scaling works. I'll get weaker every level until I get another glyph socket or something?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I tried swapping my build once. It was a complete pain in the rear end and then it turned out penetrating shot sucks because suppressor is a thing and all enemies 1-2 shot you. So then I had to swap back, which was another complete pain in the rear end. The key to this game is to follow a guide and never experiment. Just too annoying to try anything new.

Mikojan posted:

I love the build, its great fun. Just wondering how this scaling works. I'll get weaker every level until I get another glyph socket or something?

Outdoor content basically stops getting harder after 70. You will quickly become an unkillable god that one shots everything. NM dungeons will keep getting harder as you up their level.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

paragon scales power p heavily. fully levelled glyphs, the raw stats, the rare and legendary points, theyre all major sources of powoer.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Mikojan posted:

Nah, the extra stats from Paragon help. Other than that, you occasionally get an item with a better distribution of stats.

bamhand posted:

I tried swapping my build once. It was a complete pain in the rear end and then it turned out penetrating shot sucks because suppressor is a thing and all enemies 1-2 shot you. So then I had to swap back, which was another complete pain in the rear end. The key to this game is to follow a guide and never experiment. Just too annoying to try anything new.

"Never experiment because one experiment didn't work out" is a wild take

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

isk posted:

"Never experiment because one experiment didn't work out" is a wild take

The take is that it's a huge pain in the rear end to experiment and the cost of failure is enormous.

It's like an hour of work to deal with paragons, aspects, etc. to switch from one build and then switch back. Vs about 5 minutes in D3.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jun 19, 2023

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Never mind

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

bamhand posted:

The take is that it's a huge pain in the rear end to experiment and the cost of failure is enormous.

you value your own time way too highly. respeccing is extremely fast and easy and costs almost nothing. you earn over 1 respecs worth of money in a single nightmare dungeon.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

a level 21 destruction glyph is giving me 97% critical strike damage with core skills (plus the additional bonus.) you're getting quite a lot of power from maximizing the amount of sockets and rare/legendary nodes you're able to reach.

current amount of stash tabs is way too small for all the aspects/gear you need to hold for switching to another build. you can do it pretty easily earlier on in the game when you're mostly using stuff that is about to be replaced with sacred/ancestral gear and you're relying on the dungeon reward aspects, but the farther in you go the harder it is to manage all that stuff assuming you're also trying to progress the build you're currently on in parallel (given you might want to switch back.)

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
this game is no dungeon siege 1

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

mbt posted:

you value your own time way too highly. respeccing is extremely fast and easy and costs almost nothing. you earn over 1 respecs worth of money in a single nightmare dungeon.

I actually looked at how much money I had before and after I had the build set up. It was 2 million. Then another million to go back. Actually that's probably being generous, I've had a single aspect extract cost 400k.

So probably 15-20 minutes to deal with the paragon board and then 40-45 minutes of dungeons to earn the gold back.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 19, 2023

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Not sure if it's true but I'll check soon and report in. Important for HC especially if butcher is chasing you!

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Radical posted:

current amount of stash tabs is way too small for all the aspects/gear you need to hold for switching to another build. you can do it pretty easily earlier on in the game when you're mostly using stuff that is about to be replaced with sacred/ancestral gear and you're relying on the dungeon reward aspects, but the farther in you go the harder it is to manage all that stuff assuming you're also trying to progress the build you're currently on in parallel (given you might want to switch back.)

Thats exactly my biggest complaint when it comes to respeccing. I love hoarding gear in an ARPG for all kinds of builds I will want to check out. Right now I don't even have enough room to keep stuff for my rogue, let alone alts.

Stuff like amulets with +passives, gloves with all kinds of +skill combos, pants with different defensive distributions etc etc

Theres so much stuff I want to keep but I have to frequently clean up my stash at which point im agonizingly going through every item in there to determine what I have to throw away. I'm being forced to do somethign that isn't fun, and takes a lot of time.

4 stash tabs is a disgrace, and the fact that they didn't even mention it during the dev talk worries me

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

bamhand posted:

I actually looked at how much money I had before and after I had the build set up. It was 2 million. Then another million to go back. Actually that's probably being generous, I've had a single aspect extract cost 400k.

So probably 15-20 minutes to deal with the paragon board and then 40-45 minutes of dungeons to earn the gold back.

rares sell for about 20k each, legendaries for like 60-100k. assuming an inventory of just rares thats 660k. if this is considered a significant barrier to you maybe go play d3 instead.

what do you think your stash is for if not to store a ton of aspects and gear for other specs lol. if youre extracting and imprinting over your existing gear i dont know what to say. you shouldn't be doing that lmao

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm posted:

that was the unknown for me. i haven’t looked at people pushing lately, have they confirmed that it scales well vs just the various DR affixes ( in the case of gear affixes)?

self quoting. rob and ben i guess are both big proponents of armor for higher key pushes, even above other forms of DR so yeah my bad on that, get that armor for higher level than you mobs

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mbt posted:

rares sell for about 20k each, legendaries for like 60-100k. assuming an inventory of just rares thats 660k. if this is considered a significant barrier to you maybe go play d3 instead.

what do you think your stash is for if not to store a ton of aspects and gear for other specs lol. if youre extracting and imprinting over your existing gear i dont know what to say. you shouldn't be doing that lmao

This is good advice. I figured this out on my own early and have around 40 million gold currently.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
As someone who has played the game pretty slowly, and has only gotten 1 character to 52 so far. This game was very fun. Even if I don’t decide to grind to 100 or even 70, I greatly enjoyed the experience.

I will for sure check out each content update, but this is not a game that requires a consistent playerbase as it’s largely a one and done payment game and Blizzard already made a ton on it.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 19, 2023

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Just organized my stash. drat, feels good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bamhand posted:

Outdoor content basically stops getting harder after 70. You will quickly become an unkillable god that one shots everything. NM dungeons will keep getting harder as you up their level.

i feel like we are playing wildly different games, i havent looked at a single guide and just make things up as i go, and i havent had any issues like you've described.