Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Man I decided foolishly to try one more pull on Sunshower banner despite low lunacy and I got the Foxcliff. A bit of shine on a bad week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Lt. Lizard posted:

To expand a bit about the thing GilliamYaeger is talking about, a lot of weapons, especially higher rank ones (ie. WAW and ALEPH) have special attacks or animations that are not mentioned anywhere and completely change the actual damage the weapon does, so the damage stats that are showing up in the menu are often misleading at best and just straight up wrong at worst.
Yeah, the strongest weapon in the game by far has its damage listed as 12-18 with "normal" attack speed, which really undersells how much damage it does. To be fair however, it does state that there's more to the weapon than that in the description.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Regarding running Limbus (Steam version), I'm on a Mac. Limbus is only available on PC... on Windows.

Can anyone speak to if they've had success with CrossOver or Parallels for the game?

E: I'm on an Apple Silicon Mac.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Google Jeb Bush posted:

quackles already said but you also get one "free" thread per pull on those temporary banners, basically, which isn't much but it's something

realistically you're going to get the thing you're looking for, even if it's an ego, waaaaaay before 200 pulls, but if there's an absolute must have (and you have 200 pulls) you'll get there

I got up to like 170 rose rodion pulls before i pulled myself back from the whale abyss, don't underestimate a poo poo run of luck

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
quick mental napkin math on probability suggests that'll happen to a couple percent of players or, rather, is likely to happen to each of us once in the game's lifecycle

e: yeah actually doing the math says about 1.7% and I bet we'll have more than 60 banners in total

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 16, 2023

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

GilliamYaeger posted:

I feel like K Corp being "on the rise" is because the previous owner - the old lady who was kind to the eyeball monster that used to be her friend and produced tears by telling it beautiful stories - died and Alfonso took over with her more ruthless method of psychologically torturing the eye.

I think there's something really goddamn important about the Alfonso transition, and it's not just that she's probably on Team Hell as a future antagonist. The thing I really want to know is whether K Corp was a Wing / considered to have a singularity before she stepped up. We know the vital things A mindripped from Binah were about how to make Lob Corp a Wing, we are basically certain the Head requires suffering to be a key component of singularity tech, this would tie things together.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

Quackles posted:

Regarding running Limbus (Steam version), I'm on a Mac. Limbus is only available on PC... on Windows.

Can anyone speak to if they've had success with CrossOver or Parallels for the game?

E: I'm on an Apple Silicon Mac.

I'm a mac user and play it on Parallels, it works just as well for me as any other Windows game. I've never tried CrossOver.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

we are basically certain the Head requires suffering to be a key component of singularity tech, this would tie things together.

See, if we knew why this was, this might put the Head's motives into perspective.

(Current best guess: they have some sort of singularity of their own that runs off ambient suffering and gives them whatever benefit.)

Quackles fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 17, 2023

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
I don't think the Head should have some sort of "their Singularity works on suffering, so they make all Singularities work on suffering" in-universe mechanical thing. I think every Singularity ultimately being powered by suffering is a thematic thing about the kind of place the City is, and it'd be weaker thematically if it was just Evil Group A mandating it. Because if it's being forced on them, then the people of the City have less responsibility for what they've done. That takes away all the impact!

And even without a Singularity benefitting from it, the Head could just be doing their best to keep things a crab bucket so that there's never any seriously organized opposition. Even if you discount the Singularities of A, B and C Corps and their access to all of the patents of all the city's technology, they still have three Corporations and three Districts, and you'd want at least that large-scale an organization to try and dethrone them. Organization is even more important in a setting where one person with Color-level skills and augments is effectively untouchable by normal people, so if the Head prevents large-scale organization then they're effectively invincible. Individual leaders might be assassinated, sure, but the structure will endure.

Basically everything the Head does can be explained with this sort of mundane reasoning. Sure, there's a coherent philosophy you can take out of all the limitations they put on guns (killing people should be personal, killing people should be hard), but guns are also the predominant force multiplier to large groups, letting you take untrained (and in this setting, unaugmented) people and still make them a powerful fighting force. Similarly, why are AI prohibited? Again, there's a philosophical explanation, but a fast takeoff AI is also a way the Head could potentially be dethroned. And at the end of Ruina, IIRC, it's explicitly said that the fact Angela would effectively the product of multiple Corps working together was as much a part of their attack on Carmen's lab as the fact that she would be an AI.

(threw tags on that one just because we have Limbus players that may go back for Ruina and the LP's not up to that part yet)

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Google Jeb Bush posted:

I think there's something really goddamn important about the Alfonso transition, and it's not just that she's probably on Team Hell as a future antagonist. The thing I really want to know is whether K Corp was a Wing / considered to have a singularity before she stepped up. We know the vital things A mindripped from Binah were about how to make Lob Corp a Wing, we are basically certain the Head requires suffering to be a key component of singularity tech, this would tie things together.

it's more that suffering is the easiest and most profitable thing, because human life is worth less than money

We even see it in the cutscene, suffering isn't REQUIRED but it's way easier than finding more beautiful stories and/or treating the eyeball with anything resembling respect

:capitalism:

Einander posted:

I don't think the Head should have some sort of "their Singularity works on suffering, so they make all Singularities work on suffering" in-universe mechanical thing. I think every Singularity ultimately being powered by suffering is a thematic thing about the kind of place the City is, and it'd be weaker thematically if it was just Evil Group A mandating it. Because if it's being forced on them, then the people of the City have less responsibility for what they've done. That takes away all the impact!

And even without a Singularity benefitting from it, the Head could just be doing their best to keep things a crab bucket so that there's never any seriously organized opposition. Even if you discount the Singularities of A, B and C Corps and their access to all of the patents of all the city's technology, they still have three Corporations and three Districts, and you'd want at least that large-scale an organization to try and dethrone them. Organization is even more important in a setting where one person with Color-level skills and augments is effectively untouchable by normal people, so if the Head prevents large-scale organization then they're effectively invincible. Individual leaders might be assassinated, sure, but the structure will endure.

Basically everything the Head does can be explained with this sort of mundane reasoning. Sure, there's a coherent philosophy you can take out of all the limitations they put on guns (killing people should be personal, killing people should be hard), but guns are also the predominant force multiplier to large groups, letting you take untrained (and in this setting, unaugmented) people and still make them a powerful fighting force. Similarly, why are AI prohibited? Again, there's a philosophical explanation, but a fast takeoff AI is also a way the Head could potentially be dethroned. And at the end of Ruina, IIRC, it's explicitly said that the fact Angela would effectively the product of multiple Corps working together was as much a part of their attack on Carmen's lab as the fact that she would be an AI.

(threw tags on that one just because we have Limbus players that may go back for Ruina and the LP's not up to that part yet)

This is probably also why the Backstreets are set up the way they are, everyone's forced to scrape for survival(and are given a convinent way to consequence-free murder each-other) so they don't have time to get any Ideas

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

yeah okay I'm sold, after ch4 projmoon is obviously (still) thinking about themes and everything and it hits better if the Head doesn't have supernatural reasons for being the Capitalist Ideal

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

last boss up to this point I think they've pretty much always presented gaining an EGO as the "good outcome" to the distortion game so it's fun how Dongrang got his by concluding "actually I was 100% right to be a heartless monster"

https://twitter.com/monoton8587/status/1669655814288863232

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
never really looked at it that way since EGO is more about things like will and agency

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
I didn't understand what happened with the origin of the K Corp singularity. There was a short scene with Stephanette going with someone to the outskirts, then something happened? Then eyeball????

Also, is the whole initial letter gimmick optional? I don't remember much in K Corp that starts with K.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Redmark posted:

I didn't understand what happened with the origin of the K Corp singularity. There was a short scene with Stephanette going with someone to the outskirts, then something happened? Then eyeball????

Also, is the whole initial letter gimmick optional? I don't remember much in K Corp that starts with K.
Something something distortions/abnormalities are the true state of humanity something. From what I gathered from the flashbacks, two nerds left the city to go be amongst the horrorterrors that exist beyond the city limits for a while, discovered that the horrorterrors weren't actually that horrifying or terrifying, and then one of them turned into a horrorterror themselves because they'd always dreamed of doing so or something. The other brought their horrorterror partner back to the City, discovered that their tears had healing properties, then spent the rest of their life milking it from their friend by reading them beautiful stories. This was the foundation of K Corp. Finally, after she died, Alfonso took over and forced the eyeball to watch snuff films and other cheaply-made horrific poo poo to produce tears instead of the quality emotionally-touching stuff the old CEO had been showing it.

All in all it makes me feel like the City is actually a cage for humanity so the rest of the world is protected from them, rather than the other way round.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jun 17, 2023

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Huh. You know, it feels like a lot of bad things in this setting could have been avoided by making very basic predictions about the future that comes after after your awesome amazing plan. I guess Stephanette was following a distinguished lineage in that respect.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Redmark posted:

Huh. You know, it feels like a lot of bad things in this setting could have been avoided by making very basic predictions about the future that comes after after your awesome amazing plan. I guess Stephanette was following a distinguished lineage in that respect.

how much you wanna bet that's how the Head was founded

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

We know how the head was founded: there was a scary monster in the forest. So to keep everyone safe from it, people needed eyes to look for threats, wisdom and knowledge to make sound judgements, and a sharp break claws to defend them with.

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 17, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

Something something distortions/abnormalities are the true state of humanity something. From what I gathered from the flashbacks, two nerds left the city to go be amongst the horrorterrors that exist beyond the city limits for a while, discovered that the horrorterrors weren't actually that horrifying or terrifying, and then one of them turned into a horrorterror themselves because they'd always dreamed of doing so or something. The other brought their horrorterror partner back to the City, discovered that their tears had healing properties, then spent the rest of their life milking it from their friend by reading them beautiful stories. This was the foundation of K Corp. Finally, after she died, Alfonso took over and forced the eyeball to watch snuff films and other cheaply-made horrific poo poo to produce tears instead of the quality emotionally-touching stuff the old CEO had been showing it.

All in all it makes me feel like the City is actually a cage for humanity so the rest of the world is protected from them, rather than the other way round.

Nah I don't think the "human nature" thing fits here, the whole series has consistently shown that it's trying to cope with the horrors of capitalism the City that twists people into monsters(sometimes literally), they're forced to throw away core parts of themselves like their basic human empathy just to survive.

Dongrang is a prime example of this, before he left the farmland he was just happy that the calf was healthy, when he returned he was just annoyed that it didn't give him any recognition.

e: and Ruina as a whole was entirely about this

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 17, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

lets hang out posted:

last boss up to this point I think they've pretty much always presented gaining an EGO as the "good outcome" to the distortion game so it's fun how Dongrang got his by concluding "actually I was 100% right to be a heartless monster"

https://twitter.com/monoton8587/status/1669655814288863232

tbf we did help it along a bit by beating down the Distortion in the weird Bough dreamscape

But yeah we usually see it happen with people who are pushed to their absolute breaking-point and break through that despair with sheer willpower, I guess "being such a self-absorbed prick that you decide that you sociopathy was actually extremely good" works as that if you're a big enough rear end in a top hat

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jun 17, 2023

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

quick mental napkin math on probability suggests that'll happen to a couple percent of players or, rather, is likely to happen to each of us once in the game's lifecycle

e: yeah actually doing the math says about 1.7% and I bet we'll have more than 60 banners in total

As TQ, patron saint of 'Having to git gud to make up for poo poo :rolldice:,' it will actually happen to me around 50 times and 10 of you once each.

You're welcome, by the way. :colbert:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Yinlock posted:

tbf we did help it along a bit by beating down the Distortion in the weird Bough dreamscape

But yeah we usually see it happen with people who are pushed to their absolute breaking-point and break through that despair with sheer willpower, I guess "being such a self-absorbed prick that you decide that you sociopathy was actually extremely good" works as that if you're a big enough rear end in a top hat

Dongrang has been presented with a former coworker who has friends and a purpose and generally isn't spending his days figuring out how to torture a giant eyeball better. There's also not really any way for him to get from where he is to actual Yi Sang self-actualization without going full-on bonkers nuts and Distorting (which he halfway-did in the first half of the fight). If he's going to reject Carmen's gifts, he also has to make sure the part of him that's a decent human being is still ultra-dead, and Yi Sang keeps reminding him of that person and the times when he was actually legitimately happy.

So Yi Sang gotta die. And what's left of Dongrang's psyche is more or less internally consistent.

e: still ch4 boss chat

Yinlock posted:

Rather than "clarity" Carmen seems to encourage people to embrace everything about themselves, even the hosed-up parts that they definitely shouldn't. I think Dongrang's EGO manifested because he ultimately couldn't accept the good parts about himself. The honest, caring man who nursed a calf back to health and cared for his friends is the part of himself that he can't stand(because to survive the City he had to cut that part of him off), but it was also the only time he was actually happy. Dongrang is just a mess, which is probably why he bounced between Distortion and EGO

i think this is absolutely dead on and solidified my belief that this odious goddamn rear end in a top hat is a tragic character

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jun 17, 2023

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

Yinlock posted:

Also contains LoR spoilers: Angela had an EGO and during most of Ruina she murdered random people who had the temerity to have something she wanted :v:, even during her bad ending she still had an EGO. And while everyone was wowed by Xiao manifesting EGO, her actual resolution was "I was right to sacrifice everything (including my coworkers) for the sake of love". Even in Limbus itself Dongbaek realized she wanted to destroy technology solely so that other people could rediscover it and feel the same sense of wonder she had, which was fundamentally a selfish motivation rather than anything good or noble.

Fundamentally, If you give people choice some may chose "wrong" because that's the nature of choice; it's still better that they have this opportunity than to be forced into cruelty by the City's nature.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

Dongrang has been presented with a former coworker who has friends and a purpose and generally isn't spending his days figuring out how to torture a giant eyeball better. There's also not really any way for him to get from where he is to actual Yi Sang self-actualization without going full-on bonkers nuts and Distorting (which he halfway-did in the first half of the fight). If he's going to reject Carmen's gifts, he also has to make sure the part of him that's a decent human being is still ultra-dead, and Yi Sang keeps reminding him of that person and the times when he was actually legitimately happy.

So Yi Sang gotta die. And what's left of Dongrang's psyche is more or less internally consistent.

A large part of Dongrang problem, I think, was that he was fundamentally at odds with the purpose of the Circle of Nine. They treated their inventions as a source of wonder and entertainment and would rather burn their own creations rather than let them be used by the Wings, but Dongrang wanted to actually matter and help people. Which is why I think he in particular hated Dongbaek and took so much glee in taunting her, including revealing the fact that he betrayed the group at her dying moments.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SITB posted:

Also contains LoR spoilers: Angela had an EGO and during most of Ruina she murdered random people who had the temerity to have something she wanted :v:, even during her bad ending she still had an EGO. And while everyone was wowed by Xiao manifesting EGO, her actual resolution was "I was right to sacrifice everything (including my coworkers) for the sake of love". Even in Limbus itself Dongbaek realized she wanted to destroy technology solely so that other people could rediscover it and feel the same sense of wonder she had, which was fundamentally a selfish motivation rather than anything good or noble..

LoR: Angela gave the Light a shape but iirc it wasn't really her EGO until after her final realization, which is why the Head was able to drop by with a teleport bomb before she could figure out how it actually worked

Xiao was more about coming to terms with her guilt, both for leading her subordinates to their deaths and how she only realized how much she loved Lowell after he was gone(her page and the Mili song are all about this). She refuses to cheapen their deaths or that love by Distorting or remaining detached, so she goes "gently caress it" and decides to burn the library down or die trying. It's still selfish yeah but it's not like "it was actually insanely good that my subordinates died"

Google Jeb Bush posted:

:agreed: this tracks

Google Jeb Bush posted:

i think this is absolutely dead on and solidified my belief that this odious goddamn rear end in a top hat is a tragic character

The more I think about it the more I appreciate what a compelling piece of poo poo he is. rest in piss

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jun 17, 2023

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

SITB posted:

A large part of Dongrang problem, I think, was that he was fundamentally at odds with the purpose of the Circle of Nine. They treated their inventions as a source of wonder and entertainment and would rather burn their own creations rather than let them be used by the Wings, but Dongrang wanted to actually matter and help people. Which is why I think he in particular hated Dongbaek and took so much glee in taunting her, including revealing the fact that he betrayed the group at her dying moments.

re the last boss and Chapter 4 in general: The Circle of Nine in general is about how capital will co-opt anything, and how you deal with that as an creator. Maybe you get dragged into one company's employ. Maybe you'll get radicalized like Dongbaek. Maybe you'll go into a depressive spiral about how you can't actually make anything that makes people happy like Yi Sang. Or maybe you decide that you may as well co-opt yourself and get with the program like Dongrang. Combine that with Dongrang constantly feeling surpassed by both his peers and corporate science in general, and you can really see how he turned out like this.

What a good chapter. What a good bunch of characters.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Poison sandwich tea party starts now
(art from @luingear on Twitter)

Yinlock posted:

This is probably also why the Backstreets are set up the way they are, everyone's forced to scrape for survival(and are given a convinent way to consequence-free murder each-other) so they don't have time to get any Ideas

This idea can be extended to the Nests & Wings, where they are more interested growing themselves up and competing against each other than getting any funny ideas about supplanting the Head.

Of course, the Head has Beholders to provide them surveillance on almost everyone & everything, so it will be very hard to take actions against them in the City at least.

Also, I'd imagine the Head is actually kind of hands off, with Taboos & taxes being the main influence they exert on the population, and patents being a thing that Wings actually benefit from.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Poison sandwich tea party starts now
(art from @luingear on Twitter)

Yinlock posted:

Xiao was more about coming to terms with her guilt, both for leading her subordinates to their deaths and how she only realized how much she loved Lowell after he was gone(her page and the Mili song are all about this). She refuses to cheapen their deaths or that love by Distorting or remaining detached, so she goes "gently caress it" and decides to burn the library down or die trying. It's still selfish yeah but it's not like "it was actually insanely good that my subordinates died"

Elaborating onto this, her subordinates also choose to follow her out of their own decisions, as Xiao has stepped down as Director and thus had no more authority over them.

Miris reminded her of the fact above, to stop now would to put their sacrifice to waste, they made their own decision to follow her selfish desires knowing the risks & dangers, with Xiao's deep gratitude being the only guaranteed payment.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

SITB posted:

Also contains LoR spoilers: Angela had an EGO and during most of Ruina she murdered random people who had the temerity to have something she wanted :v:, even during her bad ending she still had an EGO. And while everyone was wowed by Xiao manifesting EGO, her actual resolution was "I was right to sacrifice everything (including my coworkers) for the sake of love". Even in Limbus itself Dongbaek realized she wanted to destroy technology solely so that other people could rediscover it and feel the same sense of wonder she had, which was fundamentally a selfish motivation rather than anything good or noble.

Fundamentally, If you give people choice some may chose "wrong" because that's the nature of choice; it's still better that they have this opportunity than to be forced into cruelty by the City's nature.

Yinlock posted:

LoR: Angela gave the Light a shape but iirc it wasn't really her EGO until after her final realization, which is why the Head was able to drop by with a teleport bomb before she could figure out how it actually worked
"

Adding onto this: I can't help but notice the similarity between Faust's method for resolving distortions (that was used with Eubong), and how the realizations went down. As well as how the method Dongrang used to try to provoke Dongbaek into distorting was similar to how said realizations started.I'm pretty sure there's some sort of connection there, and can't help but wonder if the realizations were Angela starting to Distort, if she wasn't outright distorted already. From what I recall from what I read of Distortion Detective, Distortions can build for a while before they actually start physically changing yur appearance.

Arkanian fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 18, 2023

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Finally got around to beating the final fight in Ch. 4, and I do have to say, that was a magnificent fight.

Definitely not as much as a challenge as Kromer was, but the presentation was excellent.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Arkanian posted:

Adding onto this: I can't help but notice the similarity between Faust's method for resolving distortions (that was used with Eubong), and how the realizations went down. As well as how the method Dongrang used to try to provoke Dongbaek into distorting was similar to how said realizations started.I'm pretty sure there's some sort of connection there, and can't help but wonder if the realizations were Angela starting to Distort, if she wasn't outright distorted already. From what I recall from what I read of Distortion Detective, Distortions can build for a while before they actually start physically changing yur appearance.

The Realizations ran on a similiar principle but they're kinda the opposite of Distorting, as it's Angela/Roland facing the worst parts of themselves in a very raw way(with the abnos jumping on board). If they were Distorting it would be a lot more rationalizing and delusion and a lot less screaming about how everything loving sucks.

The Black Silence reception brushes up against it I think but Roland is just a bit too self-aware to go through with it, his background text remains lucid throughout unlike the usual Distortion rambling

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Finished Canto IV dungeon and am thankful for the thread. Didn't fully understand what was going on, with a timeskip and visit to the past and then a weird play that was further back in the past . Thanks for summing things up!

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
So Sang Yi and Faust were working together right? How does that work? Sang Yi spoke to Yi Sang in part 2 so I guess it might be a Tyler Durden thing.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

LostRook posted:

So Sang Yi and Faust were working together right? How does that work? Sang Yi spoke to Yi Sang in part 2 so I guess it might be a Tyler Durden thing.

No? Faust and Yi Sang were working together on the Limbus mirror but Sang Yi was never part of the equation

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
gently caress YEAH

I got to the "guaranteed OOO" ticket on the battle pass and used it.

EGO YI SANG AND HEATHCLIFF IN THE SAME drat PULL.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Junpei posted:

gently caress YEAH

**BIG** bonuses right there! Congratulations are absolutely in order, have fun crushing everything in a flood of umbrellas and flower-halberds.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Junpei posted:

gently caress YEAH

Congrats. Heathcliff isn't too great but Yi Sang's Ego ID kicks rear end.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Yinlock posted:

No? Faust and Yi Sang were working together on the Limbus mirror but Sang Yi was never part of the equation

Initially Sang Yi is keeping Yi Sang at N Corp. Ishmael even mentions it. When Sang Yi prompts Yi Sang to finally flee, Yi Sang immediately runs into Faust. That seems to indicate extraordinary knowledge on both their parts or collusion.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

KobunFan posted:

Congrats. Heathcliff isn't too great but Yi Sang's Ego ID kicks rear end.

Yeah, I only used E.G.O. Heathcliff for a few fights before retiring him from use in favor of R Corp.

Meanwhile, I've officially put E.G.O. Yi Sang as part of my ace team.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
I wouldn't be surprised if EGO Heathcliff winds up being viable for the Railway in some sort of wacky, Shi Ishmael-level of strategy. EGO Yi Sang is just flat-out amazing, and it helps that it's really his first good ID, and it synergizes with his Sunshower EGO pretty well - you just need someone to provide some Sloth for it, and bam, Tokyo Drifting Fox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Verant posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if EGO Heathcliff winds up being viable for the Railway in some sort of wacky, Shi Ishmael-level of strategy. EGO Yi Sang is just flat-out amazing, and it helps that it's really his first good ID, and it synergizes with his Sunshower EGO pretty well - you just need someone to provide some Sloth for it, and bam, Tokyo Drifting Fox.

I will say that Seven Outis and G Outis are both very good at this, both in terms of Sloth access and G Outis having an ultra-reliable Sloth-triggered passive that gives consistent Haste for identities like any Yi Sang and R Heathcliff.