Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

moop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

that seagull in the second panel :swoon:

I'm trying to get a good look at Captain Hate's logo but I can't make it out

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Chinnen and Kyo-chan

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Just caught up again after a few months behind.

Nate really is an absolute poo poo of a child. He needs some adhd meds and a behavioural psychologist.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Thanksmas Scraps

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Martan's position on pacifism and violence is... a bit muddled.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1980 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Sunday from CK because Arcamax straight-up has the wrong comic for today:

Computoon: Origins

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Please don't give Silicon Valley ideas for more overengineered bullshit.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Hwurmp posted:

puberty amirite :hurr:

Fun fact: when my friend was 10/11, he had his first wet dream. This being rural Ohio, there was no sex ed. So he came running down the stairs in a panic, screaming to his grandma that he was sick, he had peed all over the bed but it was white and sticky. I wonder how many dudes that happens to. I'd still rather have that than periods for 40-50 years.

In Demons, think Copper is gonna have a hosed up face after that? Because that would be perfect.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I have been waiting for Copper to catch a beanball but I think getting swatted in the face by an otherwise legal play is even better. No way he can take any satisfaction or superiority from it.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

In a weird bit of synchronicity, here is today's Off The Mark:

Speaking of Marks, here's Mark Trail

Now that I've run out of coincidences, here's Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Flash Gordon

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Murdstone posted:

Now that I've run out of coincidences, here's Mary Worth

I'm gonna be big sad if the next strip isn't this jackass getting interrupted as the police kick open his front door. Or a swarm of dogs tears him apart. Or Mary peeks in from a window and shoots him in the head. I know Mary Worth is in that camp of venerable "relaxing strips for old people" like Rex Morgan but dang, this storyline going a bit too hard even if they do a full cut away from the violence.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Excuse me whose honey did you say it was.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Yeah, I'm not liking this so much. I hope Moy & Brigman pull one of those ridiculous tangents off like a mysterious man saves the day, and it's clearly just Keanu Reeves.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I am 99% sure both the dogs are going to be OK.

I just don't see MW getting that dark. My theory is this one will escape somehow and work its way back home then lead the authorities to the dogfighting place, thus saving Greta. Then they all become friends and Saul and the other dog's owner walk their dogs together in the park.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
The guy's not taking any particular care to protect himself from the dog, it's 100% going to bite him and escape.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

"You see, now that you've graduated, you're officially adults. And in this strip, that means that you get all sorts of expensive things given to you for free, for no discernible reason. Did Rex ever tell you the story of how he got his boat?"

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

I love the sentient mug. :skeltal:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Is Poncho immortal?

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

And because it doesn’t seem fair to leave you all hanging there, here’s the last page of the chapter too.

Bardiche Hotel

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Doomykins posted:

If Count Weirdly's time machine worked he would've killed Slylock when he was a defenseless toddler. :smug:

The Time Machine definitely worked at some point, Weirdly was using it to strand his kidnapped neighbors in the distant past a few months ago.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

All this nonsense about how it doesn't matter if Weirdly really has a functioning time machine or not because the coffee is hot. Of course it matters! Maybe the coffee is still hot because he used the time machine! It doesn't matter if he's been gone all day, he has a machine that can bend time!

No Junk Drawer today. Ellis appears to be taking Father's Day off.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Haraiso Days and Bardiche Hotel are both delightful atm; thank you!

Fingerpori

ANSU needs more scanning, again.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 12/7-9/50

Archie 8/3/47

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Mister Fluffyton, no!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
It's A Sketchy Life for June 16, 1927, and it's time to go to the movies, with a LJ Holton cover (and at least one other thing inside).

(e: CW on the second one for stereotyped background character I totally missed when I posted this last night.)

Herb Roth with some lovely grotesques.

J Norman Lynd:

Don Herold:

James Montgomery Flagg:

Tom Mix (1880-1940) was Hollywood's first western star, appearing in 291 films over his career, all but nine of which were silent. And somehow I felt I had to tell you all that and just assumed you'd know Lon Chaney without an introduction.

And in something which I anticipate is going to be a running theme for the immediate future, Charles Dana Gibson joins the Lindy hopheads.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 20, 2023

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Steeple 16: Hell on Wheels Part 1

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website

John Allison posted:

Badger Cull sounds like a nice game. You can have a board game of anything these days.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Murdstone posted:

I am 99% sure both the dogs are going to be OK.

I just don't see MW getting that dark. My theory is this one will escape somehow and work its way back home then lead the authorities to the dogfighting place, thus saving Greta. Then they all become friends and Saul and the other dog's owner walk their dogs together in the park.

Gee, thanks gor giving away the next nine months of MW!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

In MW's first crossover with Pooch Cafe, one of the little dogs will be Poncho and he will lead the fighting dogs on a brutal revolution against the people running the ring.

He will of course be exiled by the other dogs later on after he tries to push his power to take over a pet store to get all the food

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baeball

Yeah, they had a team meeting specifically on loving with Copper Ma. You usually save the tag to the face for after a dude runs through one of your players (IE, trucks the catcher on a play at the plate or pulls a Hal McRae breaking up a double play... then that happens the next time he's on the bases)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIiYw53nGd0&t=83s

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

PainterofCrap posted:

Gee, thanks gor giving away the next nine months of MW!
I used spoilers and my predictions have been way off before. Most of the time, probably.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Peanuts Through the Ages (Mar 26-17, 1955)

Is fussbudget a 1950s swear? Because Charlie Brown is using it like a swear.

And here's Apr 1-2, 1956

Calvin and Hobbes (Aug 11-12, 1993)

Big Nate

Blind Alley

Dunce

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (July 16, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

Literally translated Fingerpori

"May the devil inherit me" is a pretty common curse in Finnish, although probably not in the sense of "may the devil get all my possessions" but in the "after I die, may the devil get my soul" sense. But of course because it's Finnish, it works both ways.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

riderchop posted:

On The Fastrack

Tempted by all of those enticing household chores. I feel Holbrook drew the snakes and then ran out of labels for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Krazy Kat(March 11, 1917)

Little Nemo(August 5, 1906)