Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

PokeJoe posted:

What the gently caress

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

on rimworld, they just call it a job

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PokeJoe posted:

Oh I thought this was the coffee thread nevermind

lol

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
i picked up hitman 2 on the weekend after watching some youtube goofs in it and finally cleared mumbai

now i'm in the 'burbs and it feels weird hitting all these mans in an idyllic neighbourhood

setting something up and pulling it off is still mighty satisfying even if there is a lot of hurry up and wait time

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Ah I love that they haven't felt the need to speed Robo up at all, OK he has a short dash but for the most part he is the slow tank from the movies. I'm sure later in the game some of the bad guys will have Cobra Assault Cannons etc that you'll have to look out for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx6C1ANE7l4

Peter Weller returning for vocals as well :cool:

this is one of the first real UE5 games I've seen and it looks astonishingly good

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

polyester concept posted:

i think i got burned out on rimworld a bit which is fine because elden ring has been calling me again

good call, i just picked elden ring up plus the seamless coop mod and am playing through it again with two friends new to the game

it's a ton of fun and the seamless coop mod is black magic that works great 98% of the time

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Kenny Logins posted:

i've been trying to get into death of the outsider but i think my problem is i have to just let go and stop trying to play perfect stealth/deadly. medium-to-loud/deadly just seems like it's more fun with this powerset (not super into the powerset)
lol yep. there's no Chaos so you don't need to worry about just offing a bunch of peeps. took me a while to get into that mindset, but the bank job is p. much a stealth level if you want it to be.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

3D Megadoodoo posted:

on rimworld, they just call it a job

lol

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Thanks for the Battletech recommendation. Picked up steam keys from a Lithuanian key site for 8eur and it's great. Intro video is weirdly good and I'm actually engaging with the story which I wasn't expecting to.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
definitely play HBS Battletech unmodded first, its real good and can also be a real challenge similar to xcom (though i dont remember if its possible to gently caress yourself like it is in xcom).

there are some insane total conversion mods for it if you need to keep scratching the itch (that also work great on linux :awesome:) but they have the one downside of disabling mid-mission saves (due to game stability or something) and the missions can take multiple hours in the big mods so be aware

BTA was good while i played it

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

finished system shock remake yesterday. review: it's good! stays good the whole way through. has a couple rough edges: cyberspace is never any fun, the boss fights are pretty weak, and the very ending was so abrupt that i thought i'd hit some kind of bug, but these are small gripes. i'm surprised that it's as direct a remake as it is, but it makes it clear that the original design was way ahead of its time while updating the parts that need it to make it feel good to modern players. give it a shot imo

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Truman Peyote posted:

finished system shock remake yesterday. review: it's good! stays good the whole way through. has a couple rough edges: cyberspace is never any fun, the boss fights are pretty weak, and the very ending was so abrupt that i thought i'd hit some kind of bug, but these are small gripes. i'm surprised that it's as direct a remake as it is, but it makes it clear that the original design was way ahead of its time while updating the parts that need it to make it feel good to modern players. give it a shot imo

enjoying it so far. my only issue is not being able to hold all these guns! i think at some point i’m going to bite the bullet and leave some behind

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

yeah, leaving some behind becomes essential. i dropped stuff that wouldn't fit in the cargo elevator or inventory just outside cargo elevators, everything you leave lying around will still be there when you return

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

xcom 2 status: I heard there were some alternate OSTs as part of the DLCs I bought and holy gently caress the UFO Defence-inspired one is melting my face off lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbftQpzIyUk

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Dijkstracula posted:

xcom 2 status: I heard there were some alternate OSTs as part of the DLCs I bought and holy gently caress the UFO Defence-inspired one is melting my face off lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbftQpzIyUk
pro-click

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

Ciaphas posted:

pro-click

all thoughts leave my mind, becoming a perfect empty void, as I meditate on the rockin B-melody at 0m57s

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
if you like that you may also like the soundtrack album that comes with the DCS F-14 simulator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUlN7ez2VTc

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Truman Peyote posted:

Cyberspace was never fun (as far as I can remember).

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

there’s a reason no one makes 6dof shooters anymore

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
They're cowards with weak constitutions who couldn't handle Descent is why

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

been playing Dusk recently. it loving owns.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Cat Face Joe posted:

skipping 600 poasts to say chicory is good

nope

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

Sagebrush posted:

this is the reason

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Sagebrush posted:

wisdom

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
they were unprepared for descent

also 6DOF inputs are very awkward on a controller

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

abso-loving-lutely

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

haveblue posted:

they were unprepared for descent

also 6DOF inputs are very awkward on a controller

pitch and yaw on right stick, roll and height on the shoulder buttons, forward and strafe on the left stick
ez

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

oh no blimp issue posted:

pitch and yaw on right stick, roll and height on the shoulder buttons, forward and strafe on the left stick
ez

ok, where do you put fire guns or whatever else you're supposed to be doing while 6DOF maneuvering

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

incredibly hosed up

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

haveblue posted:

ok, where do you put fire guns or whatever else you're supposed to be doing while 6DOF maneuvering

triggers

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

can’t have both height and roll on shoulders then

you can put roll on stick clicks but that’s easy to do by accident and hard to do when the sticks are tilted

anything else has to go on face buttons where it can’t be comboed with pitch/yaw

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

If you're going to play Descent with a controller like a scrub you can turn on auto-leveling and skip the roll axis. The game works fine that way.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
they should bring back huge complicated joysticks

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

At the last LAN party I went to, way back in grad school, I got everybody set up with Descent 2 and I was so excited to play it multiplayer for the first time in years.

Everybody except me got sick and had to stop after like 15 minutes. Super weak

Beeftweeter posted:

Huge complicated joysticks absolutely still exist. They just cost like $200+ now because they're micro-targeted at terminal flight simulator dorks.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

friend, they never left

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
hell yeah

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

haveblue posted:

can’t have both height and roll on shoulders then

are you unable to hit both trigger and shoulder buttons at once due to some disability or ???

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol i was thinking that seemed weird too. and some controllers have 4 shoulder buttons anyway

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The proper way to play descent is W A S D Q E SPACE SHIFT and a joystick. How else you gonna triple chord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

The proper way to play descent is W A S D Q E SPACE SHIFT and a joystick. How else you gonna triple chord

i played mouse & keyb but joy & keyb is also acceptable.

I had a friend who insisted on using a trackball lmao