Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

All of the new IDs are clearly balanced around Uptie 4 and that's why Blob Ishmael is so terrible and this is definitely not a cope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Infinity Gaia posted:

All of the new IDs are clearly balanced around Uptie 4 and that's why Blob Ishmael is so terrible and this is definitely not a cope.

If Tree Sang is balanced I shudder at the thought of his Uptie 4.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

BisbyWorl posted:

If Tree Sang is balanced I shudder at the thought of his Uptie 4.

To reach the heavens, what we need are not Wings. We must grow a tree, with roots that go deep and a trunk that stretches upwards.

Or something. The point is that Yi Sang = Ayin Confirmed. :v:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I just wonder if PM will do the sane thing and emulate, for example, FGO strengthenings and release a bunch of 4th upties every few weeks to not upset balance too much, evaluate changes and generate hype, or if they go the crazy route and just drop every 4th uptie at once and watch the world burn

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

LostRook posted:

Initially Sang Yi is keeping Yi Sang at N Corp. Ishmael even mentions it. When Sang Yi prompts Yi Sang to finally flee, Yi Sang immediately runs into Faust. That seems to indicate extraordinary knowledge on both their parts or collusion.

That just implies Faust was keeping tabs on him, it doesn't mean she was colluding with Yi Sang's mirror superego. Also Faust's entire deal is Knowing Everything, except how to make the Sinners actually follow a plan

Lt. Lizard posted:

I just wonder if PM will do the sane thing and emulate, for example, FGO strengthenings and release a bunch of 4th upties every few weeks to not upset balance too much, evaluate changes and generate hype, or if they go the crazy route and just drop every 4th uptie at once and watch the world burn

It's PM so the latter

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015
About the league of nine,
Do we know who all the sinners were playing? Some were mentioned by name but i didn’t get who Faust and Mersault were meant to be.
Also it seems almost certain we will encounter YoungGi in the future, but what about Faust’s character? The allusions to the sea and about the child they met seem like they will be relevant later on, unless they’re just references to it’s real life counterpart works.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

LostRook posted:

Initially Sang Yi is keeping Yi Sang at N Corp. Ishmael even mentions it. When Sang Yi prompts Yi Sang to finally flee, Yi Sang immediately runs into Faust. That seems to indicate extraordinary knowledge on both their parts or collusion.

In addition to what Yinlock said, the only person who said Sang Yi was keeping Yi Sang at N Corp is Ishmael, the sinner who constantly acts like her first thought on something is an authoritative fact. Ultimately, she's still the kind of person who goes "whales are fish, scientists say they're mammals but who's the real expert here?". Ultimately I think it's more likely that Ishmael was just being pessimistic and Sang Yi was asking Yi Sang to stick around because he was worried about his alternate self's depressive spiral and the mirror was only set up at N Corp, and not because he was secretly conspiring with Limbus Company.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

TeeQueue posted:

To reach the heavens, what we need are not Wings. We must grow a tree, with roots that go deep and a trunk that stretches upwards.

Or something. The point is that Yi Sang = Ayin Confirmed. :v:

I wonder if we are going to get more LobCorp related EGO, like a Binah!Yi Sang or a Hokma!Meursault or a Tiph!Don Quixote or Ayin!Dante. Would be a choatic fun.

On that note, I need to finish chapter 4 :hotpickle:

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1670712689583357952

Seems Sin-based Power stacking was artificially inflated. Looking at the Korean and Japanese texts, they use "N00%" where the English translation uses "N*100% rather than increasing or decreasing by N," so I'm guessing it means that a Sloth Power Up of 2 multiplied your power by 200% instead of adding 2. :lobcorp:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Einander posted:

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1670712689583357952

Seems Sin-based Power stacking was artificially inflated. Looking at the Korean and Japanese texts, they use "N00%" where the English translation uses "N*100% rather than increasing or decreasing by N," so I'm guessing it means that a Sloth Power Up of 2 multiplied your power by 200% instead of adding 2. :lobcorp:
That'd explain Yi Sang Sunshower doing a zillion damage.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
It turns out +10% damage and +10% damage does not equal +500% damage. Who would have thought.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

LostRook posted:

So Sang Yi and Faust were working together right? How does that work? Sang Yi spoke to Yi Sang in part 2 so I guess it might be a Tyler Durden thing.

LostRook posted:

I'm not sold on this being the case, but if it is true, that wouldn't necessitate a Tyler Durden thing; if a certain other theory is true, Sang Yi could still just be a parallel universe Yi Sang.

To wit, Faust's W-Corp uptie scene has her say she intends to join and learn the secrets of every Wing, which makes no sense since people who leave a wing generally get mind-wiped if they know any secrets (At the very least, W-Corp, the one she is working for in that scene, explicitly does this as per Ruina). From this, people have theorized that Faust is able to share information between her alternates (Hence "Faust knows all outcomes," "Faust only knows what Faust knows," etc.), and is planning to have a different alternate join each wing in a different mirror universe so that they can pool all their knowledge. If this i true, then Sang Yi could have just talked with the Faust from his own universe and she would have passed it on to the one in this universe.

Which sounds even more ridiculous now that I've typed it out, but... Project Moon.

That said, I don't think any collaboration between the two of them is necessary for things to play out the way they did.

Arkanian fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 19, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I do think at the very least, Faust assisted with the modifications to the mirror that allowed for Identities to be used by the Sinners.

Idle question: Dongrang mentions Carmen by name. Do you think Carmen introduces herself, or does her ghost version just have a nametag or something heh

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I bet her ghost version absolutely has a nametag.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

I do think at the very least, Faust assisted with the modifications to the mirror that allowed for Identities to be used by the Sinners.

She made the bus and there's clearly some weird dimension poo poo going on inside it, pretty safe bet that she tinkered a bit

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

GilliamYaeger posted:

That'd explain Yi Sang Sunshower doing a zillion damage.

nooo and i only got to use it once, rip

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Google Jeb Bush posted:

nooo and i only got to use it once, rip

the ideal is fleeting

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Junpei posted:

Idle question: Dongrang mentions Carmen by name. Do you think Carmen introduces herself, or does her ghost version just have a nametag or something heh

Dongrang is tech-savvy enough to open up the message log history, which features Carmen's name and portrait unobscured.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
even more ch4 final boss thoughts

This is the boss arena.

The lights of the City are looming horribly on the horizon. There's an overwhelming pall of polluted clouds. And the space where we actually fight the various Dongrangs is a flattened, fallow field. Even the place that he used to imagine would make him happy has been corrupted and ruined by the City.

It's pretty cool.

but there's still happy, healthy life out there that he will under no circumstances actually fully acknowledge and internalize

--

Song lyrics!

quote:

Fly, broken wings / I know you are still with me
All I need is a nudge to get me started

Fly, broken wings
To somewhere we can be free
Closer to our ideal

Teary eyed / Once gentle soul
I watched as you rotted away

The mirror says
That I still remember hope
[hums]

You're doing what you love
Isn't that enough, isn't that enough
A genius, perfect job
Isn't that enough, isn't that enough?!

Again and again, you lock me down
I lock me down
we stake me to the ground

the soil gave me warmth

Please die, little dreams
Kill the camelias in me
Wouldn't it be easier to give in?
Why are these hands chasing dreams out of my reach?
Is my thirst for normalcy... ...?

and, of course, WHAM

quote:

FLY, PERFECT WINGS
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN HIDING
BRING ME TO THE MIND THAT GOT US STARTED
fly, perfect wings, show me who i can be
for the one last time if you will
that's all

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jun 20, 2023

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

it's obviously a whole progression but I'm especially fond of

- from "you're doing what you love" through the staking, we get to hear again what the Mili lead sounds like when she's not doing the weird girlish high voice. Don't get me wrong, I like Mili being weird in every way, but dang, I'd like more of this. She's a genuinely great singer.
- those same lines are as much mourning dongrang as yi sang struggling with his corp work
- "please die, little dreams"
- the transition from the above to FLY, PERFECT WINGS

a good chapter, a good boss fight

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Not going to lie, once the song got to Please die, little dreams, I was definitely tearing up. And then once the transition hit, it didn't stop the tears - but they did become less melancholy. It helps that Yi Sang, unlike Gregor, Rodya, and Sinclair, appears to have been able to grow enough to partially stabilize his EGO a bit more, which I'm hoping we'll see in his Uptie 4.

Countzer
May 27, 2022
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1671057251694682113

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1671060583058374657

K-Corp Excision Staff Hong Lu & Spider Ryoshu EGO. About time we got a K-Corp identity. If it's got charge I imagine with Dimension Shredder Hong Lu is gonna be one difficult identity to kill.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
That's for next week, right?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Lt. Lizard posted:

That's for next week, right?

At the earliest. We already have the patch notes for this week.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

So for those who have finished Ch4, who or what is Carmen?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

GoodluckJonathan posted:

I take it that you haven't played Project Moon's previous two games, Lobotomy Corporation and Library of Ruina?

Carmen is a pretty important part of the plot of both - full LP of LobCorp is available the archive, LoR LP is still in progress in this thread, will be at least a year before it finishes.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jun 20, 2023

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Very short answer: a name that anyone familiar with canon goes “OH poo poo THINGS GOT REAL” whenever it comes up, as she is strongly implied to be related to the distortion phenomenon as people talk to her before doing so.

She’s also basically responsible for the latest Big Worldfucking Event with L Corp collapsing.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

I don't know if Mili is doing a call back to one of their other songs Camelia in the song lyrics you posted above.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GoodluckJonathan posted:

cliffs notes version(lobcorp spoiler): a researcher determined to cure the peoples' of the City's hosed-upedness who eventually committed suicide but was preserved as a brain in a tube. L corp used her Brain Juice to make monsters to extract energy from. She became the base of the Light(which is what lets people distort/EGO) along with the protagonist of lobcorp and tends to encourage people to embrace the worst parts of themselves making them Distort. Generally if someone starts rambling to nobody then turns into a hellbeast(agree) or gets some sweet armor(reject) they're talking to her

e: Been a while since we had a Hong Lu ID, I wonder how horrifically overpowered it's gonna be

e2: also hey Ryoshu using her big sword as a weapon again, as a blunt object. She's definitely Shi-related somehow I think, she actually draws the blade a tiny bit(and it seems to be red like theirs' are, though this might just be spider-bud EGO shenanigans) but then goes gently caress it and just slams the entire thing into the enemy.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 20, 2023

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Hang on. Do you guys think that maybe Carmen was the first Distortion? She's certainly different from every account we've heard and she became something inhuman. I'm pretty sure if I went what she went through, I wouldn't be feeling too good about myself.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.

KobunFan posted:

Hang on. Do you guys think that maybe Carmen was the first Distortion? She's certainly different from every account we've heard and she became something inhuman. I'm pretty sure if I went what she went through, I wouldn't be feeling too good about myself.

I don't know, but she was definitely super hosed up from the beginning.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

KobunFan posted:

(Lob Corp and Ruina spoilers) Well, it produces Cogito and normal bodies don't do that, so it's either an Abnormality or Distortion. What these two things apart? 1) Cogito is involved in creating Abnormalities and the Light in creating Distortions, 2) you can extract EGO from Abnormalities, and 3) Abnormalities don't die, they just temporarily become eggs, while Distortions seem to be conventionally mortal. (But 2 may be the same as 3, if the process of extracting EGO is violent enough. We didn't really get a direct look at how that part happens.) Point 1 isn't really useful, because enough Cogito existed before Carmen's death for experiments and the production of prototype EGO, and the process that produced Light within L Corp could seemingly happen on a smaller scale anywhere else. That leaves 2 or 3, neither of which have been tried with her (to our knowledge). So until someone tries to make a lab coat out of and/or destroy her dead body, we can't really know which one she is.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Einander posted:

(Lob Corp and Ruina spoilers) Well, it produces Cogito and normal bodies don't do that, so it's either an Abnormality or Distortion. What these two things apart? 1) Cogito is involved in creating Abnormalities and the Light in creating Distortions, 2) you can extract EGO from Abnormalities, and 3) Abnormalities don't die, they just temporarily become eggs, while Distortions seem to be conventionally mortal. (But 2 may be the same as 3, if the process of extracting EGO is violent enough. We didn't really get a direct look at how that part happens.) Point 1 isn't really useful, because enough Cogito existed before Carmen's death for experiments and the production of prototype EGO, and the process that produced Light within L Corp could seemingly happen on a smaller scale anywhere else. That leaves 2 or 3, neither of which have been tried with her (to our knowledge). So until someone tries to make a lab coat out of and/or destroy her dead body, we can't really know which one she is.

Also possible is that she's just her own Thing and doesn't really fall into either classification

DuoRogue posted:

I don't know, but she was definitely super hosed up from the beginning.

I think she was (relatively) normal starting out but uh millenia spent in a brain tube probably did not help

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Yinlock posted:

cliffs notes version(lobcorp spoiler): .

Awesome, thank you.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

As a note, the last line is one final Yi Sang joke - "That's all" is also "Yi sang."

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Yinlock posted:

Also possible is that she's just her own Thing and doesn't really fall into either classification

I think she was (relatively) normal starting out but uh millennia spent in a brain tube probably did not help

Either possibility frankly has equal chance of being correct but I just imagine that her being the first would have a kind of epicness to it? She's trying to be Echidna.

And, yeah, it's difficult to know who to believe. We can either believe outside forces that have every reason to lie or we can believe her followers who have been shown to be unreliable when it comes to her.

KobunFan fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jun 21, 2023

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

K Prime posted:

As a note, the last line is one final Yi Sang joke - "That's all" is also "Yi sang."

I could not possibly have worked that out lol, excellent

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

K Prime posted:

why is he like this

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Yinlock posted:

why is he like this

Yi Sang, folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Incidentally, about Ryoshu's new EGO - she's a Spider Bud from LobCorp.

quote:

Spider Bud (T-02-43) is an arachnid stated to be mother Abnormality.

"Spiders have strong maternal instincts. They will defend their offspring at all costs."

Which really seems to confirm she had a kid, like her literary inspiration.