Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

synthy is like a beautiful swan, admire him from afar but if you get too close he'll gently caress you up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

cross forum event where the entire userbase has to fulfill objectives to unlock more forums for synthy to post in

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Larry is incredibly small. Like one inch tall. Jeffrey banned him for being too small to see. Anyway, that's the lore.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Plebian Parasite posted:

cross forum event where the entire userbase has to fulfill objectives to unlock more forums for synthy to post in

this would rule

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

a strange fowl posted:

synthy is like a beautiful swan, admire him from afar but if you get too close he'll gently caress you up

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

oh come ON the only reason she has any sense of notability is due to her association with shmorky also who replays their own meltdown once in a while to "laugh hysterically at it"

Honestly I get it, the whole reason it blew up is because the situation was so incredibly ridiculous and surreal on top of being horrible that I can imagine with even a little distance it looks all the more completely loving absurd even when you lived through it. You can recognise it was genuine abuse and also find it so ridiculous in hindsight you can't take it seriously anymore.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

my hot take is that we should completely ignore the insane neonazi ex-shmorkette and we should definitely ignore the unhinged drama YouTuber.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Good take

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
yeah the main reason both larry and synthy kinda got a bad beat was because, well, they like the people on this site and the owner is an absentee landlord and at that point (like february iirc) the only time he was loving seen was coming into qcs to give everybody in it a week's probe in late december

not exactly loving shocked that people that have friends on this website get mildly perturbed when it turns out the only way to get the site leadership's attention is to make a loving death threat against them

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

i was relieved to see jeffrey rise from his slumber for some reason a few weeks ago because i was starting to think the reason he's never around is because he is sam bankman-fried

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
he shows up if you post too much youtube

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

he shows up if you post too much youtube

or if you crash a browser

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

a strange fowl posted:

i was relieved to see jeffrey rise from his slumber for some reason a few weeks ago because i was starting to think the reason he's never around is because he is sam bankman-fried

still possible tbh

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
He sometimes shows up to completely ruin a deserving person's day, just to prove he can.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

don't make him sound cooler than he is

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

it’s baffling how quickly he started showing signs of lowtaxitis

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

NoiseAnnoys posted:

it’s baffling how quickly he started showing signs of lowtaxitis

It's really not. He had run SA long before he purchased it from Lowtax, and while he wasn't as absent as Lowtax, he used his position as non-official ruler to ignore the forums without getting any anger for it. I suspect he thought it'd be just the same after he purchased it, but once his name was on the deed and his grace period was up, people stopped giving him a pass.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

don't make him sound cooler than he is

I cannot lie and pretend he hasn't done it at least once.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Kchama posted:

I cannot lie and pretend he hasn't done it at least once.

the SPR thing was a loving columbo-level moment

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Kchama posted:

Jeffrey loves him

hes a computer?!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

Autisanal Cheese posted:

It was a fairly epic reveal imo

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Autisanal Cheese posted:

it was incredible

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
if anyone's head from spr @all itd be cool to know if she's aight
she claimed she was going thru some v. gnarly stuff the day she got perma'd, like top 3 worst things to go through if she was being honest, idk it sounded rough & the weirdbad forum behavior is quite concerning looking back at it in an unhealthy self harm coping way
my thinking is having what sounded like a large portion of people she was regularly interacting with at the time all tell her she's a piece of poo poo before getting permad and losing that unhealthy but-not-physical selfharm coping mechanism, idk i just hope shes doing ok u kno

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
if you are a funny poster and/or quote my posts i will care about your well-being

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

FirstnameLastname posted:

if anyone's head from spr @all itd be cool to know if she's aight

Honestly? Same. I know nobody would ever accuse me of being a fan of spr, but that doesn't mean I wish ill upon her. Hope she's okay.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

yeah, tbh

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Runa posted:

yeah, tbh

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
ive been informed shes doing okay :)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SA was clearly not good for her mental health if she was acting like that on it and also SA held no power to fix whatever was going on in her life so no matter whats going on with her rn she has to be doing better not on it than she was on it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

people on here talk about other social media beign addicting but SA can also be addicting because its both large enough to get attention and feel like theres a big active community but also small enough that one person can meaningfully take the reins and attention of that community

like if you want the attention of every politics person on twitter, lol. if you want the attention of every politics person on sa you can just kick up a fuss in the politics forums. SA doesnt have an algorithm designed to manipulate your behavior but people can still form an unhealthy relationship with it

see all the permabanned rereg guys

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
spr got perma'd? drat that sucks

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Well...

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
are we going to have the first poster to be permabanned for working themselves into a shoot

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Buschmaki posted:

You missed a real something awful legend there

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Buschmaki posted:

there was a bit of a Situation (edited into the op of that thread)

jeff only ever actually does something that isn't quietly having sex with a computer or running illegal dogfights if he is personally aggravated

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Autisanal Cheese posted:

It's the funniest thing Jeff or really any member of forums administration has ever done imo

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

there was a bit of a Situation (edited into the op of that thread)

jeff only ever actually does something that isn't quietly having sex with a computer or running illegal dogfights if he is personally aggravated

O___o

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
:negative:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I can’t believe that was less than three months ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
We shouldn't forget Mia Wasikowska independently figuring out SPR's deal without even the tools to confirm it and giving her the Koala March AV right before jeff exposed her.