Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bonk posted:

Wasn't PWTV's flagship promotion... MLW? :geno:

Your Nightmare is supposed to be the first Defy show on it, so I hope they got clear audio of Christopher Daniels calling me an rear end in a top hat during his match. :v:

At launch their flagship was going to be CYN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
State of Emergency has now broken up on both sides of the border. :rip:

Kayfabe gets weird when you go see multiple promotions.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

If you're in the Delaware Valley area in September, Shun Skywalker is coming to town!

https://twitter.com/Official_AXW/status/1669120705177239553?s=20

Specifically to Hamburg, PA which seems to be in what I'd call Chikara country, seeing as Chikara ran so many of their smaller shows in that Allentown/Reading/Harrisburg area. Good to chance to see one of the best wrestlers in the world.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

If you live in LA, go see MAO. MAO rules

https://twitter.com/Circle6_co/status/1669847143652139009

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/AchillesF6/status/1670265118003691521?t=wILNcsjVy14rpkYpPGmb5g&s=19
Love Enjoy I Bleed Purple and Blue

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

This was a fun show tonight and my wife got to be part of the tunnel when Su and Edith were fighting.

Do you know if Su Yung is okay after that main event? That final spot looked nasty when she got stuck on the turnbuckle. We were right next to it and I don’t even know how the hell something like that happens.

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

A Fancy Hat posted:

This was a fun show tonight and my wife got to be part of the tunnel when Su and Edith were fighting.

Do you know if Su Yung is okay after that main event? That final spot looked nasty when she got stuck on the turnbuckle. We were right next to it and I don’t even know how the hell something like that happens.

She got carried out by two of the ringside attendants and wasn't able to put any weight on her right ankle. Hope it's just a minor sprain but the spot didn't sit right with me, they were both kinda wobbling with uncertainty before the jump.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Beached Whale posted:

She got carried out by two of the ringside attendants and wasn't able to put any weight on her right ankle. Hope it's just a minor sprain but the spot didn't sit right with me, they were both kinda wobbling with uncertainty before the jump.
I stayed after the show making my rounds to talk to ring crew, the owners, and whatnot. Apparently she is fine and it sounds like a minor ankle sprain at least, I thought she hosed up her ACL/knee.

For context they went for a top rope DDT into a table and her boot got caught the turnbuckle and she basically hanging until ring crew could get the boot off; that was the OG finish they just did another DDT to make up for how long it took to get her off. I wonder if they we will try to edit around it as much as possible or they show it all

This was the first show that Enjoy got new ropes for the ring that looked much tense than the previous ones

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jun 18, 2023

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

This match was great, as was the whole night. I saw JD Drake body slam Mei Suruga so hard I thought the ring broke. DPW rules.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Deadlock looks like it levelled up in general:
https://twitter.com/PaxtonRaze/status/1670580912281509888

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
F1rst (arik cannon's promotion) just announced they're doing another Mall of America show in September

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

drat thats a cool looking set up. Might have to shove the boys an additional 15 bucks and watch the last few dpw shows ive missed.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

The Photographer for Enjoy also does really good shots before and during the shows https://twitter.com/ajsmall37/status/1670452024981303296
https://twitter.com/ajsmall37/status/1670518419559522304

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Enjoy is so well run that I wish they did more shows, but I also don’t want them to ruin the magic that they have going.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Lumbermouth posted:

Enjoy is so well run that I wish they did more shows, but I also don’t want them to ruin the magic that they have going.
Also I don't want them to make a big gamble and bust since it's a good space; unfortunately Mr. Smalls is kind of a pain even if it's a great venue (costs a lot and is small); there is Preserving Underground that has a new space that can hold 800 people but it's in New Kensington which would be a hard sell for folks and the whole appeal of Enjoy for most people is "Hey there is this wrestling show happening at Mr. Smalls on a Saturday, let's check it out!" The next venue of a bigger size would be Stage AE which holds a pretty good sized amount of people but they need 10k upfront with the venue, then PA Commission poo poo, and then paying talent upfront.

My ideal world would be DPW gets involved in that Wremix thing to give everyone some juice to sign up for it

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I wanna see how Tacomania goes in July. Outdoor wrestling surrounded by tacos and tequila sounds amazing and presumably is gonna draw a pretty big crowd. You can't do that all year round but I would 100% be down for a few spring and summer outdoor wrestling shows in Pittsburgh.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

I wanna see how Tacomania goes in July. Outdoor wrestling surrounded by tacos and tequila sounds amazing and presumably is gonna draw a pretty big crowd. You can't do that all year round but I would 100% be down for a few spring and summer outdoor wrestling shows in Pittsburgh.
I just hope it doesn't rain, I went to a Wrestlelab show up in New Ken (right before MV opened the 880 School) and a typhoon went through in the outdoor area of the Voodoo Brewery out there

Speaking of which any Pittsburgh folks, Friday they are doing a show at 880, got hardcore bands playing and it's during New Ken's open streets Friday so there are a ton of food trucks and stuff!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Definitely. I've only been to three shows but my first was back in March at the Armory, and the setup was much more spartan - 3 rows of chairs each side, maybe 4 or 5 on the hard cam side, and no screens or projector wall. The setup last night was subtly but noticeably improved and also, tellingly, laid out to accommodate many more people - though as you can see in that second picture, the third and kind of fourth rows left of camera side had to be hastily added minutes before the bell rang.

When I noticed somebody walking on the stage by the projector wall early last night, I knew the action was going to spill out there eventually. Was glad to see Best Bros taking advantage of it for some classic Chocopro wallrunning maneuvers.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

JethroMcB posted:

This match was great, as was the whole night. I saw JD Drake body slam Mei Suruga so hard I thought the ring broke. DPW rules.

What a fun night. Not a dud on the card. Decent energy, though the one dude standing next to me who kept trying to start chants wore out his welcome pretty quickly.

Emsee
Jun 17, 2005
Hmm...
Definitely looking forward to seeing the DPW show when it's online, I've only heard good things.

Someone caught a great slowmo video of the BestBros in action.

https://twitter.com/KitSabrefang/status/1670844996461658113

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Emsee posted:

Definitely looking forward to seeing the DPW show when it's online, I've only heard good things.

Someone caught a great slowmo video of the BestBros in action.

https://twitter.com/KitSabrefang/status/1670844996461658113

Lol I was just going to post this. Mei is also using one of Miyuki's hair ties, wearing Mizuki's shoes, and using Emi's makeup because the Best Bros flight got all hosed up and their luggage didn't arrive at the same time.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Asnorban posted:

What a fun night. Not a dud on the card. Decent energy, though the one dude standing next to me who kept trying to start chants wore out his welcome pretty quickly.

I wish JD Drake would wear this on ROH/AEW, it’s such a better look than the singlet

(That is JD Drake, right? Do I have goon face blindness?)

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Ganso Bomb posted:

I wish JD Drake would wear this on ROH/AEW, it’s such a better look than the singlet

(That is JD Drake, right? Do I have goon face blindness?)

Yep, that’s him. I would love for the Workhorsemen to get more TV time. They are so good.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

I don't follow wrestling stuff much but checked this thread out and got tickets for the defy show in portland OR this weekend. Pretty stoked, a buddy of mine who's more into it said it should be a good show.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Defy is a great time.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

I don't follow wrestling stuff much but checked this thread out and got tickets for the defy show in portland OR this weekend. Pretty stoked, a buddy of mine who's more into it said it should be a good show.

The two Lucha matches (Kommander vs El Hijo Del Vikingo and Laredo Kid vs Gringo Loco vs Aramis) should be absolutely spectacular live. You should have a great time

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Impact released a Masha Slamovich shirt and it is the worst, most generic shirt possible especially considering most of the rest of her shirts look awesome.

https://twitter.com/shopimpactdeals/status/1668634333270405123

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

syzpid posted:

Impact released a Masha Slamovich shirt and it is the worst, most generic shirt possible especially considering most of the rest of her shirts look awesome.

https://twitter.com/shopimpactdeals/status/1668634333270405123

No ring?

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Defy's show with KENTA vs Nick Wayne headlining just premiered for free on Wremix:

https://streamstak.com/wremix/

You might be able to spot me near the giant industrial fan in the crowd.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Pylons posted:

No ring?

lol

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/ssw_skywalk/status/1672643363160621058

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Defy Portland show was great, the triple threat for the new title was amazing. Komander and Vikingo were great too, took a bit for them to start the match the crowd was so excited lol

Definitely going to have to see them the next time they come here

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Defy Portland show was great, the triple threat for the new title was amazing. Komander and Vikingo were great too, took a bit for them to start the match the crowd was so excited lol

That show is airing Thursday the 29th on Wremix. I'm so glad they're doing that now.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

just got home from that same show; they’re very rarely in Portland and this was their first time in the Wonder Ballroom. GREAT venue for it! fingers crossed they never go back to the Hawthorne.

they debuted a Lucha title tonight, Gringo Loco is the inaugural champ and hell yes at that because he was INCREDIBLE. absolutely one of those guys where I’m like “oh cool” when I see him on the card but am reminded how ridiculously talented he is.

I think it took a while for Vikingo v Komander to pick up steam because the ropes were horrifically loose. kinda reminded me of how Suzuki and Okada had that match in the rain and went “gently caress this, the ropes aren’t worth the risk.”

Vikingo had an immediate botch due to one of the ropes but had the smoothest recovery ever and made it look like the botch was just a transition rather than a spot itself.

Also, did it look to you like the match ended too quickly because the ref messed up the count?

psyched you got that show as your first, bud!

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jun 25, 2023

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Defy adding a Lucha belt kicks rear end. Other than like, an ASW Cruiserweight belt that nobody cares about, I don't think anyone else in the PNW scene is doing a High Speed type of championship.

the escape goat posted:

Also, did it look to you like the match ended too quickly because the ref messed up the count?
Was it the tall skinny guy? He messes up counts so much that I almost think it's his gimmick.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Yeah, I also felt like the tall skinny guy hit the three count too early. Vikingo seemed surprised he'd won all of a sudden, but he rolled with it well.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Bonk posted:

Defy adding a Lucha belt kicks rear end. Other than like, an ASW Cruiserweight belt that nobody cares about, I don't think anyone else in the PNW scene is doing a High Speed type of championship.

Was it the tall skinny guy? He messes up counts so much that I almost think it's his gimmick.

not the tall skinny guy that everyone hates because of Swerve v Ares but the new tall skinny one, yeah.
woulda rather had shrinkydinks Brock Lesnar in there.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
I went to a tiny rear end show of my local indie, UGWA, in the back of a taproom with about 80 people in there two or three weeks ago, and it kicked rear end. Everything you could ask for in an indie show. Wrestler that smoked weed to power up. Mean local celebrity drag queen heel announcer. Gnarly rear end death match. Huge charismatic dude throwing some fucker through a door to start the show. Wish it wasn't standing room only, my back and feet were a bit hosed by the end, but it was good.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I know I always say someone looks like a star in the making but it never works out that way. Regardless, I think Junior Benito is going to be a big star. The last two Labor Of Love Philly shows he has absolutely stolen the show and if you get a chance to see him definitely take the chance to. I really don't think he is going to be on the indies for a lot longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

syzpid posted:

I know I always say someone looks like a star in the making but it never works out that way. Regardless, I think Junior Benito is going to be a big star. The last two Labor Of Love Philly shows he has absolutely stolen the show and if you get a chance to see him definitely take the chance to. I really don't think he is going to be on the indies for a lot longer.

An Evil Uno student!