Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

Bargearse posted:

I don’t know, this sounds a lot like the kind of poo poo a former friend of mine used to get up to.

years ago I moderated a roleplaying group and I found this 100% believable. It could definitely be fake, but I've seen worse

edit: a very shameful snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Heath posted:

These are always insanely fake

I've definitely had similar (but admittedly none of them quite this bad) interactions with gross nerds in high school and college.

God, I wish I had thought to screencap it back then, but a friend of mine and I confronted a guy (over IRC) about spreading a rumor that he was sleeping with her and halfway through the interaction he started roleplaying as his Black Spiral Dancer character, complete with those *shifts into werewolf form* action stars. poo poo was insane.

GreenMetalSun has a new favorite as of 04:02 on Jun 19, 2023

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I doubt that one's fake because I can't actually imagine who'd fake it. This doesn't smell like any of the usual strawmen that any corner of the internet would make fun of, there's too much detail and effort here.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
The complete lack of self awareness and full commitment to the bit wouldn’t be easy to fake.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

https://twitter.com/AKP0226/status/1670493122529492992

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

That person is an idiot on social media to be sure but also seems to be suffering from actual paranoid delusions.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

:hmmyes::same:

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Cleretic posted:

I doubt that one's fake because I can't actually imagine who'd fake it. This doesn't smell like any of the usual strawmen that any corner of the internet would make fun of, there's too much detail and effort here.

Can’t imagine why anyone would fake something on the internet. What could they gain from having millions of people view their viral tweet???

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Everything on the internet is fake, but it's more fun to pretend some of it's real.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Can’t imagine why anyone would fake something on the internet. What could they gain from having millions of people view their viral tweet???

Oh, I'm not saying someone wouldn't fake this. I'm saying I don't know who would fake this, when there's much lower-hanging fruit.

I know AskAubry's usual content, and while I believe a lot of it's real (because... well, men are pretty poo poo) I can also say I'd know exactly how to fake something she'd share with way less effort than this; her content is usually the real bottom-rung men on dating apps, and occasional Reddit relationship posts about entertainingly troubling relationships. Very typical stuff, but you also know there's shitloads of guys like that, so it doesn't read as too generic.

But this? This is WAY too specific for that, and has way too much detail. If you just wanted to fake a lovely guy for a viral tweet, you wouldn't go through this much effort.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

gently caress you!!!! crocs are the best

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
i have a pair of platform crocs and no other shoes have made me feel so powerful

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Fighting Trousers posted:

I'll be the outlier re: skirts and dresses and say I can't stand how skirts get tangled up in my legs.

I... Can't understand how you manage to get that to happen, as an occasional skirt-wearer.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/1670208589544439808?s=20

quote:

accusations that people at Spotify were not happy that the duo’s contributions to the platform, which cost $20 million, amounted to exactly 12 episodes of content over three long years.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Royals? Getting paid for producing or creating nothing? What a staggering concept.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

I think that's just how the british make series. sherlock ran for seven years and had 14 episodes

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Twelve episodes in three years? So, two full series and only a year break in between? Was it coming out too fast or something?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
All british shows are either like 6 episodes a decade or run on forever.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

All british shows are either like 6 episodes a decade or run on forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U4J-8W4j_M

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/stvulture/status/1670111906458218496?t=pOcRBa5pRct5ztDSJhNE4A&s=19

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

This is Homestuck isn't it? This definitely happens in Homestuck.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Hasn't this already happened with internet advertisers realising that no one was actually clicking on their ads but bots?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

As far back as ~1998 I was amused at the idea of an infinite firehose of bot-generated email spam content flooding ceaselessly out over the Internet, only to be swallowed and deleted by an infinite garbage disposal of bot-driven spam detection software on mail servers, such that 99.99999% of the fiber infrastructure capacity of the world is being absorbed by useless bot chatter that no humans actually see, and the only useful content is the 0.00001% that somehow makes it through

Just an army of robots screaming endlessly and deafeningly at each other, in their own invisible world

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 14:26 on Jun 19, 2023

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
The novel Anathem mentions an Internet-like information network that began to develop a bot problem. Companies started selling software to filter out garbage bot data, but then to try and beat the competition they started flooding the network with their own garbage data, then other companies followed suit, until most of the netweork was just fake info.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The Internet Makes You Stupid.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Wasn't this also the idiot that grossly misinterpreted what Squid Game was about?
https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1670765374894211072?t=asYNDFQJzmnYMjnYoafDxA&s=19

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Tim Pool constantly posts the dumbest takes for engagement baiting. He’s thick as poo poo, but he does this on purpose.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Panfilo posted:

Wasn't this also the idiot that grossly misinterpreted what Squid Game was about?
https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1670765374894211072?t=asYNDFQJzmnYMjnYoafDxA&s=19

It’s this about One piece? Because he’s right

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s this about One piece? Because he’s right

Black Clover. Some other weeaboo is going to have to fill me in, I'm not familiar. Only thing I know about One Piece is a super powered pirate kid sails around looking for a big treasure, not familiar with any communists in the series.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Yes Way Rosé

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Panfilo posted:

Black Clover. Some other weeaboo is going to have to fill me in, I'm not familiar. Only thing I know about One Piece is a super powered pirate kid sails around looking for a big treasure, not familiar with any communists in the series.

Oh one piece is about pirates who go around killing military leaders and literally have bounties on their heads as they try and unite the various pirate factions with the one piece.

Black Clover is just a shonen anime in a medieval fantasy world so I have no clue how he got there

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

EL BROMANCE posted:

Tim Pool constantly posts the dumbest takes for engagement baiting. He’s thick as poo poo, but he does this on purpose.
Tim Pool is, somehow, even dumber than the people he emulates. He's beanie shapiro

What he's doing is on purpose, but i don't think he actually grasps how loving dumb he looks while doing it.

stringless has a new favorite as of 15:10 on Jun 19, 2023

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Panfilo posted:

The pirate kid spends all his time toppling tyrants. Like, the entire run of the series. One Piece owns

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The "joke" about the episode count is not even an exaggeration. There are shows like that.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

The downside of Juneteenth being more recognized among broader society is that this poo poo will be far more common.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

It's already getting the Labor Day treatment, huh?

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Love to play airplanes with my unopened bottle of wine while my friend holds up her mysteriously already-full glass

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/TheGeorgetownr/status/1669482413024575488

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
No one is coming to my Juneteenth rosé mixer then, huh

(actually that does sound fun)