Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Paul Zuvella posted:

I mean… sure. He can be an all nba player and teams can think he can be one again. That isn’t the end all be all for what his trade value is.

Yeah, he's played 114 games in 4 years. Signing up to pay a guy that plays 30 games a year $35 million a year is pretty big risk, regardless of how good he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm also laughing pretty hard at people I have seen in other dumber corners of the internet talking about how great this trade is (seriously there's SO MANY IT'S WILD) using Chris Paul being injury prone as a justification when Bradley Beal has literally missed more time than each of the last three years than Chris Paul has. Granted some of that is the fact that Beal's stupid rear end got COVID I think three times, but still lol

Like, don't get it twisted. Conceptually getting rid of Chris Paul's contract is absolutely the right move, but how they did that was LITERALLY the stupidest thing they could have done. That NTC is by far the worst part.

Mat Ishbia seems kinda like a dumbass unless this somehow works in the most amazingly lucky way possible. That's what it's going to take. More of a miracle than staying pat would've taken.

Lol

GordonComstock
Oct 9, 2012
Is there any other player like Chris Paul? A historically great player who’s played on so many different teams? It’s got to be a huge knock on him that so many teams decided he couldn’t be the guy. Looking at WS only Shaq jumps out for also being on so many teams towards the top. But he was also clearly cooked for his last two.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

GordonComstock posted:

Is there any other player like Chris Paul? A historically great player who’s played on so many different teams? It’s got to be a huge knock on him that so many teams decided he couldn’t be the guy. Looking at WS only Shaq jumps out for also being on so many teams towards the top. But he was also clearly cooked for his last two.

Chris Paul signing with the Clippers would mean he's been brought in to replace Westbrook, another great with a lot of team movement, on two separate occasions.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

tanglewood1420 posted:

If Zion is genuinely available and it's not just smoke then at least one team is going to make the moves necessary to get him.

He's available, but it would be for an AD/Gobert type kind of haul. Not Scoot and expiring contracts.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Scoot is probably worth a handful of mid round firsts.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

Scoot is probably worth a handful of mid round firsts.

The Pels already offered that and CHA turned them down.

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
Bradley Beal is the son of Bobby and Besta Beal, and has four brothers: Brandon, Bruce, Byron and Bryon.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Welcome to the beal zone

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

Welcome to the beal zone

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GordonComstock posted:

Moses Malone

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

runaway pancake posted:

Bradley Beal is the son of Bobby and Besta Beal, and has four brothers: Brandon, Bruce, Byron and Bryon.

William Beal

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Belcome to the Beal Bone

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

GoutPatrol posted:

Moses Malone

also adrian dantley, kevin durant, dikembe, chauncey billups, etc.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
So what are Clippers sending out to match salaries with Paul, I think they have match the full amount or Beal numbers wouldn’t add up. Wizard could stretch Paul and only have a ~3 million hit for next 5 years. That sounds good if you’re rebuilding anyways. Zubac and Bones are only young guys that I care about. Powell probably has some value and could be flipped later. Batum is reasonable expiring that might be worth a second at trade deadline?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Declan MacManus posted:

Chauncey is a weird one because it took him like four different landing spots to become good.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
CP3 being on the Clippers again would make me have an aneurysm. I love Chris and all but why in the actual gently caress would the Clippers do that considering one of their other stars is Kawhi, who is doing an aging speed run?

That's one of those things that makes no sense for either side but is dumb so of course it's going to happen.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Calidus posted:

So what are Clippers sending out to match salaries with Paul, I think they have match the full amount or Beal numbers wouldn’t add up. Wizard could stretch Paul and only have a ~3 million hit for next 5 years. That sounds good if you’re rebuilding anyways. Zubac and Bones are only young guys that I care about. Powell probably has some value and could be flipped later. Batum is reasonable expiring that might be worth a second at trade deadline?

They had to guarantee at least the first year of cp3's deal to trade for beal. I dont know if you can stretch non-guaranteed years. Also I think if I am washington I would rather just waive him rather than stretch him, 10MM 3 years from now might be useful but 30MM right now isn't. If it's 6MM 5 years from now that's probably borderline but I dont think owners really want to eat 30mm in one fell swoop like that, especially to see him go to the clippers or whatever.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bulls should sign yuta watanabe so i can post this in the GDT every time he goes to the line

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Balldontlie/status/1670803574048149505

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/legionhoops/status/1670825407376154625?s=46&t=EhzTvpa5Lh8bIAryRijIPQ

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Wish Dallas could get him.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Is this a power move for more money from GSW or does he want to go to the Spurs?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

GordonComstock posted:

This is pretty much just because of the length of his career.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Trouble in paradise?

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013
This was anticipated all season. Ideally Draymond signs a longer-term contract for less/year, but if San Antonio or whoever wants to overpay, que sera sera.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

I'm not sure who else has money to pay him more, is competitive, has scoring around him to maximize his play style, and will let him assault him teammates and opponents.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Declan MacManus posted:

I don't think KD fits here because he left of his own accord via FA twice and the third time he forced his way out.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

snyprmag posted:

I'm not sure who else has money to pay him more, is competitive, has scoring around him to maximize his play style, and will let him assault him teammates and opponents.

If he goes to any non-Warriors team I’d love to see footage of him getting into a long argument about some strategy nerd poo poo with his new coaching staff. Something tells me he’ll be in that Rondo category of “so much game knowledge that the coaches hate it.”

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

pentyne posted:

Is this a power move for more money from GSW or does he want to go to the Spurs?

Would be what you'd do if you wanted a longer contract, even if it's a lower AAV. So it can go a lot of ways.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

hifi posted:

William Beal

Billiam Beal

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Bealliam Beal

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

He should go to OKC.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1670842308193927196?s=46&t=ckPt10nE464AHv1IdSGFyg

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

On the 7-year anniversary of blowing a 3-1 lead. Still shook.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1670842549433516041
the blazers are going all the heck in folks

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

This dance they are doing where the Blazers pretend to not want to trade Lillard and Lillard pretends to not want to be traded is getting increasingly hilarious and desperate.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

GordonComstock posted:

Charles Barkley comes to mind, though I guess it was only 3 teams.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

ChickenMedium posted:

This dance they are doing where the Blazers pretend to not want to trade Lillard and Lillard pretends to not want to be traded is getting increasingly hilarious and desperate.

They've been doing it for like 6 years now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Horse