Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Don't Ask posted:

Are world bosses supposed to have decent rewards and I'm just really unlucky or do they just suck?

I got into T4 and did one around level 64. The cache that dropped had a level 80 requirement to even open it. :v: It's a bug that they know but still pretty stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
so I've been wondering why my essence generation feels so low in CE bone spear necro despite ploughing every essence skill and passive related to the build and my umbrel aspect is only 1 out of a potential 4. Is this a random number upon affixation? Upgrading gear didn't seem to do much and in fact doesn't seem to effect legendary skill numbers at all from what I can tell? Short of posting my build here which I can't really figure out how to do easily are there any particularly good essence generation related affixes I might be missing? Its feels insanely strong in terms of sheer numbers and I breezed through the capstone dungeon without too much stress but I'm struggling a lot with keeping up a consistent dps when I'm waiting on my basic skill to refill essence on bosses that don't generate lots of minions bc I run out of corpses. It feels like stacking CDR would be super helpful with keeping up a full essence globe when I'm facing a lot of dudes and can use the tendrils on top of CE but that doesn't seem like it would matter in less busy boss fights

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jun 19, 2023

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ehud posted:

There is a twitter account that tracks them

https://twitter.com/game8_d4boss

or if you want to stay away from twitter, Astryl set it up so the tweets automatically go to the "World boss alerts" channel in our discord.

https://discord.gg/wWPBAb6AxU

or if you want to stay away from discord then I don't know

Thanks I knew it would involve Twitter lol

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

so I've been wondering why my essence generation feels so low in CE bone spear necro despite ploughing every essence skill and passive related to the build and my umbrel aspect is only 1 out of a potential 4. Is this a random number upon affixation? Upgrading gear didn't seem to do much and in fact doesn't seem to effect legendary skill numbers at all from what I can tell?

Umbral can be acquired in the Codex, but the Codex aspects always sport the lower possible number for any range they have.
You'll need to find a better rolled Umbral legendary and extract its aspect to imprint it (and, remember, extracted aspects are one-use).

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

oh thats really good to know thank you. I'm just exploring WT3 rn and I've noticed a huge spike in legendary drops so hopefully I will find something soon. I wandered into a helltide event and it looks cool as hell but it was just on the way to find some altars of lillith so it was a bit of a surprise. Probably going to get the rest of those before I try too hard to do much end game stuff. It seems like trees are the easy starting point if I want to ease myself into WT3 while I get used to how much damage dudes output

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jun 19, 2023

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
that one seems to be a very rare drop, so bne aware

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Necro is so good. Bone spirit just buzzes through everything. I thought I was doing crazy poo poo then someone deleted a world boss in one hit as I watched

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Stux posted:

that one seems to be a very rare drop, so bne aware

i believe in the heart of the smoke (idk i just googled 'umbral')

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Time posted:

Necro is so good. Bone spirit just buzzes through everything. I thought I was doing crazy poo poo then someone deleted a world boss in one hit as I watched

i've looked at some of those builds and they seem pretty good but i haven't even hit the paragon board yet so I feel like its maybe a bit early for a respec and also I want to maybe just homebrew a rogue build for a while once I get to a comfortable WT3 farming point and get a grip on the numbers under the hood a bit more

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I also really liked my blood surge build. You can hit the armor cap really easily and just stand in the middle of a pack and spam enormous aoes. Having a lot of fun. The aspect that increases crit damage post corpse tendrils pumps out enormous numbers

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

i've looked at some of those builds and they seem pretty good but i haven't even hit the paragon board yet so I feel like its maybe a bit early for a respec and also I want to maybe just homebrew a rogue build for a while once I get to a comfortable farming point and get a grip on the numbers under the hood a bit more

For me, pre paragon board I used blood surge and some minions to clear everything including the lvl 50 capstone pretty easily. Just focus on getting a fat 2h sword with with crit damage and vuln damage

Time fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jun 19, 2023

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I dont know if any of the other necro ultimates are any good or not but I dont think i'll ever pick them to find out. Bone Storm just owns too much. It feels good to proc, feels good to say.

"Buy me bonestorm or go to hell." - me hitting my ulti button for no reason except I get to say that

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If necro has a class off hand it may be easy to gamble one with obols

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

euphronius posted:

If necro has a class off hand it may be easy to gamble one with obols

ive picked up a rare skull off hand i assume is a necro focus and immediately junked it so that might be worth a look in but im not sure

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Me and my boys are cruising for obols

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Time posted:

I tried it briefly but the cooldown on it seemed super long. Meanwhile you can throw spears nonstop. Is there some item that changes it significantly? I got some chest piece that throws an extra one when you do something but haven't tried that spec again since getting it.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I got a couple of the resource gen aspects from gambling on rings, when in doubt always gamble for rings

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

When does endgame stuff like Helltides turn on, if you elect to skip the campaign?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I dont know if any of the other necro ultimates are any good or not but I dont think i'll ever pick them to find out. Bone Storm just owns too much. It feels good to proc, feels good to say.

"Buy me bonestorm or go to hell." - me hitting my ulti button for no reason except I get to say that

if you aren't saying BOOOOONESTOOOOOORM out loud every time you activate it, are you really playing Necro?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

smoobles posted:

When does endgame stuff like Helltides turn on, if you elect to skip the campaign?

They unlock with world tier 3.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
To people on PC saying they're getting hitching around other players, go to your firewall settings and set Diablo 4's network security to public (so essentially blocking other items on your own network). That resolved it for me. I'm assuming the game is constantly pinging my devices for some reason everytime someone ran on screen.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Switched to a bleed build after dropping it early on and it fucks so hard. Just spinning through helltides without pause. I have one effect that stuns bleeders if I hit them with my primary and one that gives me fury if I hit stunned enemies and I've made a perpetual motion machine.

Sometimes I get my skull caved a little faster than I'd like when several elites enter the board so I obviously had something that made me more tenacious in my old build, but I usually pull through. Rupture might just be redundant with the added damage I do to bleeding, so I might exchange it for a survival skill of some kind. Blood for the blood god.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Black Griffon posted:

Switched to a bleed build after dropping it early on and it fucks so hard. Just spinning through helltides without pause. I have one effect that stuns bleeders if I hit them with my primary and one that gives me fury if I hit stunned enemies and I've made a perpetual motion machine.

Sometimes I get my skull caved a little faster than I'd like when several elites enter the board so I obviously had something that made me more tenacious in my old build, but I usually pull through. Rupture might just be redundant with the added damage I do to bleeding, so I might exchange it for a survival skill of some kind. Blood for the blood god.

I gradually replaced all my stuff with just shouts, just zip around with the primary, yell, and rend.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Ehud posted:

They unlock with world tier 3.

Oh wait so if you roll and alt and skip campaign, you can't even helltide until you get to wt3? So the leveling from 1~50 is purely just, what, running dungeons and overworld events? Seems I was incorrectly under the assumption that I'd be able to do helltide stuff at WT2 which would at least mix up the process.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
The strongholds are all pretty fun and cool. Sort of wish they'd leaned into that by having a ton of them scattered around and way fewer of the repetitive and boring side dungeons.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
If there were more strongholds, they'd become repetitive and boring side content.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Did the devs give any indication of when the disconnect protection for hardcore goes live?

I've had a lot of fun slowly leveling up my first hardcore character while cruising around the world gathering statues and doing side content/whispers (yes, I'm a gamer dad), but I've disconnected three times in the past week. Luckily in each instance my character was still there 60 seconds later, but it's making me nervous.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Vic posted:

I gradually replaced all my stuff with just shouts, just zip around with the primary, yell, and rend.

Yeah I might do that at some point. I only have Leap because it's fun and I've got a good legendary for it, but it's essentially redundant with Lunging Strike.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I have multiple max rolled umbral aspects sitting in my inventory and I would trade them all for one shockwave aspect

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Ersatz posted:

Did the devs give any indication of when the disconnect protection for hardcore goes live?

I've had a lot of fun slowly leveling up my first hardcore character while cruising around the world gathering statues and doing side content/whispers (yes, I'm a gamer dad), but I've disconnected three times in the past week. Luckily in each instance my character was still there 60 seconds later, but it's making me nervous.

They were aiming for... season 2. Had a friend who died to a DC in hardcore just last night. I also DC'd in softcore earlier and the only reason I was alive when I managed to kill the game and log back in (like a minute later) was because I was playing with a friend who waited around my character.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Oh wait so if you roll and alt and skip campaign, you can't even helltide until you get to wt3? So the leveling from 1~50 is purely just, what, running dungeons and overworld events? Seems I was incorrectly under the assumption that I'd be able to do helltide stuff at WT2 which would at least mix up the process.

My plan is to make the tree of whispers my base of operations and then run dungeons and overworld events based around earning tree caches. That should provide a good mix of XP and upgrades as you level.

If you want to go the most efficient possible route, it's some maddening process where you just run the most "efficient" dungeon over and over.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Clocks posted:

They were aiming for... season 2. Had a friend who died to a DC in hardcore just last night. I also DC'd in softcore earlier and the only reason I was alive when I managed to kill the game and log back in (like a minute later) was because I was playing with a friend who waited around my character.
Thanks. Yeah, that timing is not great.

That being the case, think I'll just prioritize getting all the Lilith statues before I inevitably lose the character to Blizzard's servers, so that future characters have an easier go. Also, re-titling to "Anointed Sacrifice".

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Badly Jester posted:

If there were more strongholds, they'd become repetitive and boring side content.

Strongholds are really fun, have a bunch of environmental story telling and permanently alter the world when you beat them.

Dungeons are just copy pasted chunks of each other with different tile sets and maybe like one audio log that has nothing to do with anything else in the world.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
The best plan I settled on was to check the whisper dungeons and do any that still give renown and ignore the non dungeon stuff. Two dungeons and repeat

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

BinaryDoubts posted:

The strongholds are all pretty fun and cool. Sort of wish they'd leaned into that by having a ton of them scattered around and way fewer of the repetitive and boring side dungeons.

Are they generally soloable? I've kinda left them alone until my schedules have synced up with my friends but between time zones and married life I should probably accept that this will never happen.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Horse seems like a mistake for sure.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dallan Invictus posted:

Are they generally soloable? I've kinda left them alone until my schedules have synced up with my friends but between time zones and married life I should probably accept that this will never happen.

Absolutely. Not noticeably harder then a dungeon.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Quote-Unquote posted:

Strongholds are really fun, have a bunch of environmental story telling and permanently alter the world when you beat them.

Dungeons are just copy pasted chunks of each other with different tile sets and maybe like one audio log that has nothing to do with anything else in the world.

I don't disagree, but my point is that if they'd had to make more of them, it'd feel less fresh because there's only so much variety they could realistically implement (see: dungeons). They'd end up cutting the same corners.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Have the strongholds be whisper things that temporarily reset them until you do them again.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Quote-Unquote posted:

wow. its like we're all playing the fourth instlalment of a game that inveneted a genre about grinding dungeons which are often barely different outside of their tilesets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
tbh... until this thread i had never thought about how this game is about grinding gear for upgrades. but now im thinking about it this entire genre is extremely gay.