Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Yeah, I just hit a cabbage quest that wanted 1k gold feathers which is bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

At least make it leaves. I'm voiding them constantly and they can't even be given away.

8one6
May 20, 2012

That's how you play buddyjack!

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

OK I figured out I can throw salt in the well to get spiked shells so this isn't too bad actually

The end is in sight

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
House of Cards is out of beta. Nothing too special; it's just another daily checklist item.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Unponderable posted:

House of Cards is out of beta. Nothing too special; it's just another daily checklist item.

Looked everywhere for the perks then realised I already bought them weeks ago doh. Still I won 2, drew 1 and lost 1. Not bad.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Unponderable posted:

Yeah. I’m not too impressed by it so far, it’s just another daily todo like you said.

The rewards are meh. At some point you’ll need to win / buy and then spend 4 jokers on a Buddy Doll for progression, I would guess. There’s also some ok trades for AP, LN, a piece of heart, and some mega cotton seeds.

Overall it’s ok, but in its current state I’d probably drop it. I didn’t need another daily to-do that doesn’t integrate with anything else.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Big rip for people that pre-bought cards for lots of gold. That turned out to be a big waste.

I have 80 or so cards (probably had 30-40 when it opened). I should have sold them when the selling was good, but… who would have known.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Implying Buddy's Doll isnt a worthwhile investment. :colbert:

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Was clicking around looking for Buddyjack and then I realized I'm trying to open Tower 49. I have the Asscension Knowedge to get to 50, just need to grind another 4 billion silver.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Twincityhacker posted:

Was clicking around looking for Buddyjack and then I realized I'm trying to open Tower 49. I have the Asscension Knowedge to get to 50, just need to grind another 4 billion silver.

The questline to open it is full of rarer items to collect/craft/cook, so either look ahead if you haven't done it already or be prepared to see it in a couple weeks.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Jhet posted:

The questline to open it is full of rarer items to collect/craft/cook, so either look ahead if you haven't done it already or be prepared to see it in a couple weeks.

What's the questline called?

EDIT: Oh, ooops. The Tower Level 50 reward is *Runecube* and I need *Rune Dice* to open Buddyjack.

EDIT EDIT: Yeah, that's going to be a bit. I need 100 drops from the Spotted Seal that I don't even have yet, plus cooked meals I haven't gotten the recipes to nor even have a high enough cooking level to even make...

Twincityhacker fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 15, 2023

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Twincityhacker posted:

It's this questline

Secretly A Society Summons You I

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Twincityhacker posted:

EDIT: Oh, ooops. The Tower Level 50 reward is *Runecube* and I need *Rune Dice* to open Buddyjack.

EDIT EDIT: Yeah, that's going to be a bit. I need 100 drops from the Spotted Seal that I don't even have yet, plus cooked meals I haven't gotten the recipes to nor even have a high enough cooking level to even make...

It's fine, you still need to get Buddy to Level 50 to even START the questline. Might as well use that time to stockpile on the other stuff needed.

I only need 80 more Glacierstones since I forgot about the 2nd explosion and was excited from it leaving beta today.

8one6
May 20, 2012

The only reason you might have to play buddyjack is there's a puzzle piece you can only get from the card store, but not all of the pieces are available and so far they don't do anything so there's no rush.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Hahaha, I only have Buddy at level 27. I guess collecting things for the quest can be something I'm doing while stuck in potato jail...

EDIT: Is it even possible to give Buddy Buddystones? I didn't see it on the list.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
First three buddyjack games in a row Buddy was sitting on 21. That's a fun way to introduce a new mechanic.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Twincityhacker posted:

Hahaha, I only have Buddy at level 27. I guess collecting things for the quest can be something I'm doing while stuck in potato jail...

EDIT: Is it even possible to give Buddy Buddystones? I didn't see it on the list.

I would stick to Purple Flowers since they're easily farmable AND are 150 xp per.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

buckets are also useful as a way to dump surplus wood into friendship.

buddystones aren't a mailable item so you can't actually give them to buddy.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

widespread posted:

I would stick to Purple Flowers since they're easily farmable AND are 150 xp per.

Plus whatever rainbow gummies you don't need.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Getting salt SUCKS

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Slimy Hog posted:

Getting salt SUCKS

Large Chest 03 and Corn Prize Bag help

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

And that's 99 farming finally

Wonder what this unlocks

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

A poo poo load of grind

8one6
May 20, 2012

The new auto-grape juice perk for raptors is a great way to burn 3k grape juice in a day.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Babe it's 4pm, time for corn hell

Yes honey

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch
Lol I had no idea that as soon as I got lucky with the piece of heart in the watermelon that the next real quest is for literally all of the other poo poo in the temple. Two fuckin gold boots and a gold potato, come the gently caress on, that’s a full time job just for the temple cause lord knows I’m not manually fishing.

complaining worked great last time, let’s see if the hypothesis holds true

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

8one6 posted:

The new auto-grape juice perk for raptors is a great way to burn 3k grape juice in a day.

Yeah it looks stupid AF

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i can't know how to hear any more about taters

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

8one6 posted:

I laughed when I saw the perk because of this. It would make way more sense to specify how many grape juice you want to use at a time rather than a simple on or off.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Lol I tried it out and used 2000 grape juice yesterday for almost 0 soap.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Woo golden potato in under 39k! :toot:

If only I didn't make batteries...

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

A poo poo load of grind

But that’s every unlock.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Oh! Farming potatoes for Holger rep and I just popped out a golden

e: and a gold boot fishing, lucky day

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jun 18, 2023

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch

Beasteh posted:

Oh! Farming potatoes for Holger rep and I just popped out a golden

e: and a gold boot fishing, lucky day

drat man what I wouldn’t give

what I would give is potatoes

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Newest holiday quest hits hard: Lorn was part of a military unit that went around announcing the end of chattel slavery - and after they read the proclomatioms they left to go to the next town. And he feels sad and guilty about all those people who should have gotten help, but didn't and their lives were unchanged even though they were free. = (

( so far the rest of the quests are the normal "give me X for the party" but the quest requirements for Lorn was just reading the text. )

( also I just realized that we have a robot, a rabbit, and horse for townsfolk... but all the humans are white people. The Mummy is, presumably, Egyptian, due to the style of mummification but... )

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Twincityhacker posted:

( also I just realized that we have a robot, a rabbit, and horse for townsfolk... but all the humans are white people. The Mummy is, presumably, Egyptian, due to the style of mummification but... )

Is there a way to let the Devs know about this?

On a much lighter note I'm at 1b silver and need to decide between

- Upgrading frigate mcaw so I can get pirate coins and unlock pirates cove
- Getting a new row in my farm
- storehouse
- something I'm not thinking about?

Which do y'all recommend?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Twincityhacker posted:

( so far the rest of the quests are the normal "give me X for the party" but the quest requirements for Lorn was just reading the text. )

Including at this point 150 corn. Bastards. (50x Over The Moons, which I have like 5)

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Oh, it's cabbage jail now, I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

H110Hawk posted:

Including at this point 150 corn. Bastards. (50x Over The Moons, which I have like 5)

The last step request 100 red berry pies as well.