Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Pookah posted:

Love to play airplanes with my unopened bottle of wine while my friend holds up her mysteriously already-full glass

reminds me of this classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGnF-xIF8-8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Samovar posted:

I... Can't understand how you manage to get that to happen, as an occasional skirt-wearer.

A lifetime of incredibly poor spatial awareness, mostly. :negative:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Panfilo posted:

Wasn't this also the idiot that grossly misinterpreted what Squid Game was about?
https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1670765374894211072?t=asYNDFQJzmnYMjnYoafDxA&s=19

My niece was mad at me over something, I showed her this tweet and she was so outraged she immediately made up with me so she could explain how black clover was nowhere like what he described. So at the very least Tim pool has done something for me, by being so stupid that it allowed us to join hands in dislike of him

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Tiggum posted:

The "joke" about the episode count is not even an exaggeration. There are shows like that.

You want an easy comparison, look at the two versions of House of Cards. UK version, three seasons, four episodes each. US version, 73 episodes and would have gone for more if Spacey hadn't been revealed as a nonce.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
12 episodes of The Office, UK + 2 specials. 201 episodes of The Office, US.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Shameless is a weird outlier where they got the same amount of series/seasons respectively. UK even has slightly more episodes

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Fawlty Towers is probably the quintessential example. One of the most famous and well-loved TV series ever made, and it had a grand total of... twelve episodes across two seasons, with a four year gap between them.

And on the other end of the scale for UK shows there's Coronation Street that has run since 1960 and is currently just shy of having aired eleven thousand episodes.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Cleretic posted:

Oh, I'm not saying someone wouldn't fake this. I'm saying I don't know who would fake this, when there's much lower-hanging fruit.

I know AskAubry's usual content, and while I believe a lot of it's real (because... well, men are pretty poo poo) I can also say I'd know exactly how to fake something she'd share with way less effort than this; her content is usually the real bottom-rung men on dating apps, and occasional Reddit relationship posts about entertainingly troubling relationships. Very typical stuff, but you also know there's shitloads of guys like that, so it doesn't read as too generic.

But this? This is WAY too specific for that, and has way too much detail. If you just wanted to fake a lovely guy for a viral tweet, you wouldn't go through this much effort.

??? Have you only been on the internet a couple days or something? What "effort" is there in pretending to be some dorkass asterisk roleplay guy? People do it on these very forums all the time

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

*eyes flash with anger and confidence, lots of sexually-assured confidence*

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Heath posted:

??? Have you only been on the internet a couple days or something? What "effort" is there in pretending to be some dorkass asterisk roleplay guy? People do it on these very forums all the time

imo the internet is more fun if you only engage in sincere posting and assume everyone else does the same

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Here I twit, broken hearted
Tried to grift but Elon sharted

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT7TR3Td6KQ

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

KennyMan666 posted:

Fawlty Towers is probably the quintessential example. One of the most famous and well-loved TV series ever made, and it had a grand total of... twelve episodes across two seasons, with a four year gap between them.

And on the other end of the scale for UK shows there's Coronation Street that has run since 1960 and is currently just shy of having aired eleven thousand episodes.
Mr Bean gets remembered as being a long enough running show.
The original series had 15 episodes over the course of 5 years. 1 January 1990 to 15 December 1995, and the last ep was a clip show.

'90 - 2
'91- 2
'92 - 3
'93 - 1
'94 - 3
'95 - 4

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/paulisci/status/1669730399206125568

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

And apparently it takes much longer if you work from home, so we should just do that.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
So what I'm hearing you guys say is that Brits make TV wrong

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

...! posted:

So what I'm hearing you guys say is that Brits make TV wrong

I mean, there's a reason they import way more of our shows than we import of theirs.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Luther's not bad but the entire series is like three and a half episodes so I get where you're coming from

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

And yet there are approximately 600 panel shows hosted by Jimmy Carr

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

The furniture expert's barely disguised fetish

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 10 minutes!
https://twitter.com/LayahHeilpern/status/1670525657363759106?t=-6wvmpEEH_BeaoTanojRXA&s=19

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

This smacks of desperation, more than anything. She wants so badly to be able to point and laugh at the "triggered libs", just so her audience will think her relevant. It's sad.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 10 minutes!

Lemniscate Blue posted:

This smacks of desperation, more than anything. She wants so badly to be able to point and laugh at the "triggered libs", just so her audience will think her relevant. It's sad.

This is a very common angle they take when people decline to engage them. Not to mention there's men that used to go to war who get panic attacks when they are humiliated by people who mock them for sending unsolicited dick pics.

Also, you'll note this only works in one direction. Tim Pool NEVER visits leftists in their spaces to debate him, they have to come to him or they are obvious cowards. He invited San Seder on his podcast but demanded he show up in person in the midst of the pandemic. Sam didn't want to get on a plane just to argue with a moron in person but was willing to do it online. No go, Tim will only do these if you show up at his creepy compound in the flesh, not over video. (Then he got super salty when Sam mocked Tim's "music" that he had made).

Similarly, the closest Sam Seder got to debating Steven Crowder was to basically trick him which in response Stephen pretty much just cowered under his desk out of sight to avoid engaging him. So you'll notice the people on the right are never accountable for any of this, no they are far too "busy" to go on other people's podcasts or shows and engage.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Why can't these over the top gays be more like *checks notes* Elton John
https://twitter.com/PartyTrophy23/status/1670143296340103168

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Don't worry, the leopards will get around to eating your face eventually.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Saying Elton John isn't "over the top" is some top tier bait or complete obliviousness

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I miss the low-key, restrained masculinity of Liberace

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

My niece was mad at me over something, I showed her this tweet and she was so outraged she immediately made up with me so she could explain how black clover was nowhere like what he described. So at the very least Tim pool has done something for me, by being so stupid that it allowed us to join hands in dislike of him
Nothing like a total dipshit with bad opinions to bring a family together.

Or, drive a wedge right into the middle of it, I guess.

One or the other, I suppose

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I love that they think they’re so smart doing the little “LGB” thing now, dropping the “T” and trying to drive some imaginary wedge that only exists in their moldy cheese brains.

It’s so true, the number of completely anonymous accounts spouting “I’m gay” seems like the same types who used to “as a black woman”; and the “my gay friend” being the new “my black friend”.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I talk about gay people high and jacking all the time

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I see, so it goes gay -> hella gay -> drag queen

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

As a gay man, I

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I feel like I got some kind of Twitter profile bingo here.

Is that header a picture of Colorado by any chance?

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

I too am interested in this gay jacking while high you speak of.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Back when I was a straight teenager I used to be really offended by gay stereotypes. But now as a queer adult I embrace them. Is this maturity or

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

DRINK ME posted:

I love that they think they’re so smart doing the little “LGB” thing now, dropping the “T” and trying to drive some imaginary wedge that only exists in their moldy cheese brains.

There is the LGB Alliance in the UK, full of horrible, FYGM TERFs. J K Rowling is a big fan.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Clerical Terrors posted:

I feel like I got some kind of Twitter profile bingo here.

Is that header a picture of Colorado by any chance?

Yeah that's Colorado Springs.

I'm sure he has some great opinions about the Club Q shooting.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

This is Neil Patrick Harris as the Emcee in Cabaret erasure. (Best I could do for Matt Bomer was his role on American Horror Story: Hotel.)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
NPH was literally the lead of a Hedwig and the Angry Inch production.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

MysticalMachineGun posted:

There is the LGB Alliance in the UK, full of horrible, FYGM TERFs. J K Rowling is a big fan.

I refuse to believe there are any actual Ls, Gs, or Bs in the LGB alliance, and if there are they are quislings and should be treated as such.