Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
"Ireland losing but at least they're playing attractive football," has now reverted to, "Ireland losing."

Of course all the bores will be out calling for heads while failing to recognise we've a team mostly made up of English Championship and League 1 plodders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
Great performance from Gibraltar yesterday, really made France work for it

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Norway Scotland game is truly awful. All going to plan, boys

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Chas McGill posted:

Norway Scotland game is truly awful. All going to plan, boys

It's woken up a bit now. Haaland subbed off and Scotland then score twice

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Lol Norway’s implosion was pretty hilarious

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Norfail

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

:scotland:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Norway are piss as usual :cripes:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
YAAAAAAAAS

Perplexed by this Scotland side that somehow finds a way to win

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
McLean’s goal was one of the best worked team goals I’ve ever seen Scotland score, wow. Huge result.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
unbelievably cool finish

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Chas McGill posted:

Perplexed by this Scotland side that somehow finds a way to win

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
dutch need to get steve mclaren in

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
The Shitterlands

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
huh no one's talking about the Croatia-Spain game? it's been pretty good so far

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
It's a decent watch. I see Spain poached another French CB to pair with Laporte.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Hahhaab gently caress yoouuuu Croatia

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
Rude

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
boo

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Croatia choked that up so bad. They legit looked like the better team and one of the few teams I've seen keep up possession vs Spain. It's a shame if that Croatia midfield doesn't win anything internationally. I think that was their best chance, EURO gonna be bit too hard.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
It was a solid game and it made sense for us to crowd the midfield, play slowly and wait for the penalties or opponents' meltdown. Six out of seven times it worked. Even against much stronger teams, with a touch of luck or some lucid move. Not this time though.

The replacements disappointed. Petković the target man couldn't keep the ball, Majer didn't look like the next Modrić, like we were hoping a few years ago. Both missed penalties too. Also, Stanišić was inferior to Juranović, and Vlašić didn't bring much to the field.

The Modrić Question still hasn't been answered. I'd like him to stay, as would everyone. If he can play 120 minutes in two games in a row in 2023, he could surely play 90 minute games in 2024 or, hell, maybe 60 minutes in 2026.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Doctor Malaver posted:

It was a solid game and it made sense for us to crowd the midfield, play slowly and wait for the penalties or opponents' meltdown. Six out of seven times it worked. Even against much stronger teams, with a touch of luck or some lucid move. Not this time though.

The replacements disappointed. Petković the target man couldn't keep the ball, Majer didn't look like the next Modrić, like we were hoping a few years ago. Both missed penalties too. Also, Stanišić was inferior to Juranović, and Vlašić didn't bring much to the field.

The Modrić Question still hasn't been answered. I'd like him to stay, as would everyone. If he can play 120 minutes in two games in a row in 2023, he could surely play 90 minute games in 2024 or, hell, maybe 60 minutes in 2026.

I think Brozo, Kovacic, Modric should still be defacto midfield for euro. Still think it's one of the best midfields in the world and probably be even better than Spain's which are known for that. Kramaric, Perisic, the GK and Gvardiol are world class sometimes as well. I still think Croatia missed their timeframe to win something. They really should have won this event I think they were much better than Spain but their midfield will keep getting older and they don't seem to have a replacement for Mandzukic.

That being said for some reason they still keep getting underestimated. I think they are a good team to bet on to get to quarters/semi for Euro. Don't think this team has the quality or mentality to win a finals though.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Ulio posted:

I think Brozo, Kovacic, Modric should still be defacto midfield for euro. Still think it's one of the best midfields in the world and probably be even better than Spain's which are known for that. Kramaric, Perisic, the GK and Gvardiol are world class sometimes as well. I still think Croatia missed their timeframe to win something. They really should have won this event I think they were much better than Spain but their midfield will keep getting older and they don't seem to have a replacement for Mandzukic.

That being said for some reason they still keep getting underestimated. I think they are a good team to bet on to get to quarters/semi for Euro. Don't think this team has the quality or mentality to win a finals though.

Agree with most. Should've won the 2016 Euro, they were probably the strongest then. I don't agree with the lack of mentality, tho. Time and again, they proved they don't tire, they don't give up, they don't quarrel or bitch. No meltdowns or apathy. After the quality of the midfield, mentality is probably their greatest strength.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Ancelloti taking over Brazil mid 2024 according to Brazilian press

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Well done wales

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
We love England don't we folks

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

we do not

Bourricot
Aug 7, 2016

That Amdouni kid is pretty good

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

We love Saka

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

the sex ghost posted:

I got u fam

INGERLUND

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puň essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the sex ghost posted:

for this hypothetical am i or am i not in goblin mode

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

FullLeatherJacket posted:

for this hypothetical am i or am i not in goblin mode

Hasn't your entire existence been goblin mode

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Big fan of the England crowd singing "Still on the piss... Still on the piiiiss, Jack Grealish, is still on the piss" when he gets subbed on, lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Wales somehow hanging in there

Lusty Grundles
Jun 9, 2023

Someone needs to explain why Walt from LOST is in the background of the Channel 4 broadcast right now. Someone with his voice has been going "DAD" for about a minute solid.

EDIT: Nice, Kane goes off happy.

Lusty Grundles fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 19, 2023

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Wales have finally conceded

Bourricot
Aug 7, 2016

ooof at Switzerland conceding a 2-0 lead in the last minutes of the game

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puň essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Butterfly Valley posted:

Hasn't your entire existence been goblin mode

i have a real job where people rely on me for financial advice

it's why stuff don't work no more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
england, conceptually, is a scourge, but the lads who play for our national football team seem good sorts