Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Granstein
May 22, 2006

Accuse children card game celebrities of adultery and I will not shut the fuck up about it. LSV did not cheat on his wife. He found love in another woman's vagina like Garfield intended.

flashman posted:

So I've done extensive testing at the level 80 mark, stacking lucky hit and using blizzard with ice spikes to spawn meteors with orb, with firewall, and it was working pretty good.

I then dropped the third skill and just went blizzard and ice shards on the bar (blizz to freeze and vuln ice shards because aoe is no issue) and unfortunately it's so much stronger than any other option (ice shards already maxed for the enchant anyway).

I was feeling pretty good about my theory crafting and stuff but it looks like ice shards is just so much stronger that I'm just intentionally hamstringing a cold build if I don't use it. It's just better damage, better proc rate, everything about it is stronger.

On the plus side there is no need for firebolt enchant as meteor spawns all the time with a 28 percent lucky hit chance on shards (this must also apply to the free shards) so I'm getting great returns on the immobilize affix and devouring blaze.

At least blizzard has a role in the build, packs are really safe to do, bosses get staggered so quickly, it's only supressor elites that can be hairy if I don't get them with a big group.

Like I said earlier, basically any frost build can work...If it has ice shards. They really need to nerf ice shards and buff basically all the other frost skills. Which is true of...Every element? Firewall seems to be the only fire skill worth using, and arc lash the only lightning skill worth using (Outside of enchantment slots, where there's a bit more variety). That's not to say you can't make some other skills work, but they're all demonstrably weaker for no real reason.

I think a lot of the problem is that, for most classes, the best builds are the ones that can consistently apply vulnerability. Ice shards being able to do that on its own, along with frost nova applying it to groups, means not playing ice shards is just handicapping your damage. My controversial hot take is that vulnerability should flat out be removed from the game and every skill should be balanced upwards in some way to compensate. The way the game works right now just totally revolves around applying vulnerability, stacking vuln damage on items, almost every class taking exploit as one of their first glyphs, etc. It warps the whole game around itself, to the detriment of a lot of skills that can't take advantage of it as well (On top of a lot of skills just having bad damage numbers in and of themselves).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

BinaryDoubts posted:

I had to laugh when Lorath had his big dramatic "wait... I've got it!" moment and it was just using a soulstone to trap the bad guy like in every Diablo game ever.

I had a similar reaction haha, but I gave it some more thought and I guess the "I've got it!" moment was less 'we gotta use a soulstone' and more that 'we still *have* a soulstone'. Since the original one was crafted for Astaroth, not Lilith or Mephisto. Kinda like when your recipe can't be completed because you forgot a core ingredient but then you remembered you have a workable substitute in the fridge.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

lol all the poor chuds who got probated for shitposting in here are now shitposting about d4 in the lepers colony by probating other people and posting sean penn pics

and I thought reddit mods were idiots

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Shredder posted:

lol all the poor chuds who got probated for shitposting in here are now shitposting about d4 in the lepers colony by probating other people and posting sean penn pics

I cant STAND chuds........

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
What activities should I be focusing on now that I'm in world tier 3 and trying to grind out levels? I'm at 60 now and it feels like a crawl, and I have trouble catching the XP reward that flashes on completion of anything that isn't a side quest. Should I just be trying to do higher tier nightmare dungeons? Playing entirely solo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really dont feel like things are expensive in Diablo IV. Its so easy to make a lot of gold in this game.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
man what are rogues running that keep them up in pvp? im still just running a pve ww build so i’m not under the impression i’ll do much in there, but every rogue i run into i get their entire hp bar into bleed status, no barriers left, and then WW with shouts up and their HP bar just stops dropping. sorc its easy to see the ice block but idk what i’m looking for on rogue

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Dandywalken posted:

I cant STAND chuds........

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Shredder posted:

it is one of SA’s defining features, keeping freaks with obvious personality disorders around as beloved mascots

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was talking to darthmicrotransaction about a video he put out on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU_RnLGjUr0 and he mentioned that pretty much all of his suggestions are things that Blizzard is going to be fixing soon. :toot:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Listerine posted:

What activities should I be focusing on now that I'm in world tier 3 and trying to grind out levels? I'm at 60 now and it feels like a crawl, and I have trouble catching the XP reward that flashes on completion of anything that isn't a side quest. Should I just be trying to do higher tier nightmare dungeons? Playing entirely solo.

Spend a bunch of time grinding out cinders in helltides when it's up, the XP gain in there is really really good and the mystery chests usually contain a bunch of legendaries. Keep pushing paragon points by leveling up, you can also do nightmare dungeons to level up the glyphs you use but that takes a while to make any real headway with that.

Cantide
Jun 13, 2001
Pillbug
So Legendaries always get picked up for me and transport to my chest in dungeons and the overworld? So there's no reason to ever pick one up and I can fill my inv with yellows to sell?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Cantide posted:

So Legendaries always get picked up for me and transport to my chest in dungeons and the overworld? So there's no reason to ever pick one up and I can fill my inv with yellows to sell?

Your chest only holds up to 10, if you don't empty it out any others on the map get deleted. You really should be picking up legendaries all the time.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
also just TP to town, sell, and take TP back. i think the only time you cant just tp to main city without consequence is in the pvp zone since you lose the blood shards, but i think you can go to the pvp town to sell

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Shredder posted:

They're chuds, and likely Redditors, and probably Gamergate MRAs too, and I suspect their Diablo farming strategies are unacceptably suboptimal.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Shredder posted:

Shredder posted:

buy the dip retards

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
glad u have grown up in the last 24 months and are now sticking it to the chuds tho brother 🙏

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

the word chud has been rendered as meaningless as tankie through overuse

:sad:

Cantide
Jun 13, 2001
Pillbug

explosivo posted:

Your chest only holds up to 10, if you don't empty it out any others on the map get deleted. You really should be picking up legendaries all the time.

:( I hate having to return to town to sell trash constantly. We really need a bigger inventory just add a scrolling inventory and a search/filter pls. I guess at least the gems will be gone out of the inv soon

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Chud just means 'person I disagree with, and also I have politics brain'

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Wish the mods would do something about all the chuds in this thread :sigh:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I got a lightning sorc up to 90 using chain lightning and it was a ton of fun and pretty effective. I decided to roll an alt and wait to grind to 100 til NM dungeon XP is improved.

Rogue kicks rear end too, what a blast.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

I know someone said they gambled a unique but feels like it's just so so so incredibly rare. Have purchased probably 250+ pairs of gloves and nothing, don't need them at this point just want to see if it happens.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

*leans in uncofortably close* don't worry i'm a woke chud

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Cantide posted:

:( I hate having to return to town to sell trash constantly. We really need a bigger inventory just add a scrolling inventory and a search/filter pls. I guess at least the gems will be gone out of the inv soon

Im just glad im not hording id scrolls or clickin a book as the first stop when i return to town.

Also, inventory management is essential for these types of games lest we burn petabytes of server database space with everyone’s grey item stash

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Prava's a chud though definitely.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

faantastic posted:

I know someone said they gambled a unique but feels like it's just so so so incredibly rare. Have purchased probably 250+ pairs of gloves and nothing, don't need them at this point just want to see if it happens.

yeah i dont think ive ever had a unique from gambling

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Cantide posted:

Only pick up yellows and legendaries, you'll have to sell stuff every ~2 nightmare dungeon runs or every ~2 helltide mystery chests which is basically fine.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
lilith was at January 6

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Chalks posted:

Only pick up yellows and legendaries, you'll have to sell stuff every ~2 nightmare dungeon runs or every ~2 helltide mystery chests which is basically fine.

Yeah and pretty soon you're only picking up Sacred yellows and then only Ancestral yellows.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Stux posted:

glad u have grown up in the last 24 months and are now sticking it to the chuds tho brother 🙏

yeah quoting wallstreetbets was a bad life decision

maybe you can go further back in my history to when we used homosexual slurs as commas

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
it's absolutely worth chasing your specific unique or legendary roll needs with gambling.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That seems inefficient

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Impermanent posted:

it's absolutely worth chasing your specific unique or legendary roll needs with gambling.

gambling is roll rings until 73

rings are the only slot that gets resource aspects, and those don't change strength with tier or level

73 is needed to get ancestrals

don't think you can gamble uniques tho

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

Diablo is deffo a chud

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Werewolf gear is a myth. I have bear stuff for trample and landslide, but I can't stop barking at the moon. I should just go bear and get it over with.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I would def spend 40$ on bear skins

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

ope apparently chud has morphed into a political term, I only meant to call you all dipshits, my apologies

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
shut up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
it's extremely hosed that the cool horse bone armor is in the cash shop