Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

you and i are polar opposites chapter 33, emotional junction

really loved this chapter, its impressive how much happens in 20 pages without it feeling rushed or cramped

suzuki and honda needs to hang out some time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Politely requesting manga to fill the gap left by Ikoku Nikki

The City of Deep-Red Pomegranates only has a few chapters on scans, but it has a very similar vibe. Hell, the basic premise can be summed up as "what if Ikoku Nikki but the kid gets yeeted to Spain".

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Mirage posted:

I love it, but the girls' body proportions start getting a bit ... off ... the longer the manga runs. By the end nobody will have a torso, just boobs and butts.

I didn't really see a difference, she was always tall and fairly skinny and busty. Given that part of the plot is her frequent jogging and her strong build which often results in people thinking she's a delinquent girl, it makes sense she might lose a little weight along the way.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 11, 2023

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

ayaka is in love with hiroko chapter 11
mangadex dynasty

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

https://mangadex.org/title/23f2ab6b-0832-456b-9d87-35868ce34fc8/the-clueless-transfer-student-is-assertive

Takada realizing what a 'date' is gave me diabetes.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

SexyBlindfold posted:

The City of Deep-Red Pomegranates only has a few chapters on scans, but it has a very similar vibe. Hell, the basic premise can be summed up as "what if Ikoku Nikki but the kid gets yeeted to Spain".

This is good, thank you.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Neat, thanks.

I am going to miss Ikoku Nikki a lot. Well written stories with rich characterization that are on the slower, more thoughtful side can be hard to find in any medium, so it always feels like treasure when you find one.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
New Bisque Doll just dropped.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

This, but unironically.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Oh so Gojo is going to burn himself out making a cloak and Marin will blame herself and decide not to ask him out for another 100 chapters I guess.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
OR: Gojo is going to make the best costume ever and beat God.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Only the best fabrics for Gojo-kun

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I think Gojo Isn't going to make an outfit that will wow the mangaka. Gojo will pull together a legendary cosplay and through some means this artist will see it and despite the very likely internet buzz praising the outfit, he'll say it's not up to his quality. That's when Marin steps in to get Gojo to stop being depressed and a confession because these kids need to start formally dating or I'm going to have a conniption. :argh:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's trying to meet his own (impossible) standards, not impress anyone else.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

my dearest nemesis chapter 8, absolute weirdo
shen used scratch!
its not very effective...

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

I mean thusfar Gojo has pulled off great work, so Id think he can meet that standard with the next cosplay.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

It's not that he is specifically trying to impress this artist, but there's no way the fact that this guy has denied any adaptation of Mandate of Heaven won't be tied back into Gojo's costume and the reception it gets at Comiket.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
"Gojo becoming costume designer for a live-action Mandate of Heaven TV series" would certainly be a swerve.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Megamissen posted:

my dearest nemesis chapter 8, absolute weirdo
shen used scratch!
its not very effective...

I'm actually really liking this series. Are there more of whatever you want to call their dynamic somewhere?

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

365 Days to the Wedding wrapped up. It was adorable from start to finish. Loved seeing those two dorks working things out.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Haystack posted:

365 Days to the Wedding wrapped up. It was adorable from start to finish. Loved seeing those two dorks working things out.

I just enjoyed how it seemed to constantly lower the stakes.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
New Blooming Love.

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1017090

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

thechosenone posted:

I'm actually really liking this series. Are there more of whatever you want to call their dynamic somewhere?

Two rival coworkers developing some feelings towards each other while still being antagonistic?

There's Tiger and Hummingbird.

There was also Black and White, but that is a lot more explicit and the two leads actually physically fought each other into hatesex. It took that theme to one extreme end of the scale.

There's a lot of coworker stuff, not so much with this same antagonism between the two.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

ayaka is in love with hiroko scanlator has kept up releasing every other day and reached chapter 15 where its explained why hiroko acts like she does
dynasty mangadex (last chapter i posted was 11)

final chapter of shojo manga protagonist x rival-san is out, i havnt read the series yet so i dont know if its good
dynasty mangadex

Schubalts posted:

Two rival coworkers developing some feelings towards each other while still being antagonistic?

There's Tiger and Hummingbird.

There was also Black and White, but that is a lot more explicit and the two leads actually physically fought each other into hatesex. It took that theme to one extreme end of the scale.

There's a lot of coworker stuff, not so much with this same antagonism between the two.

closest i can think of is can you keep a secret? but it starts after they get together and involves them trying to look like rivals to hide their relationship

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Haystack posted:

I can't not hear this song being sung to the music of Plastic Love. That's some deep love of cartography she's got.
I'm sold on this one; It's going to be a very cute kind of series I can tell.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Brought To You By posted:

I can't not hear this song being sung to the music of Plastic Love. That's some deep love of cartography she's got.
I'm sold on this one; It's going to be a very cute kind of series I can tell.

at first I heard it like

My Love for you is like a Line
MERCATOR

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Megamissen posted:

final chapter of shojo manga protagonist x rival-san is out, i havnt read the series yet so i dont know if its good
dynasty mangadex
Hmm, I'm not completely sure Shoujo Manga Protagonist x Rival-san is done; baka-updates lists 47 chapters whereas both dynasty and mangadex lists chapter 46 as the end chapter.
In addition to that, there's 12 regular chapters in volume 1 and 2, whereas volume 3 has 9 chapters and volume 4 is currently at 8 chapters - so I think it'd make more sense if it got 12, 12, 9, 9 unless it got outright cancelled (which I see no evidence of).

Having said all that, I haven't read it yet - but I guess I'll put it on hold until I get confirmation either way.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Hmm, I'm not completely sure Shoujo Manga Protagonist x Rival-san is done; baka-updates lists 47 chapters whereas both dynasty and mangadex lists chapter 46 as the end chapter.
In addition to that, there's 12 regular chapters in volume 1 and 2, whereas volume 3 has 9 chapters and volume 4 is currently at 8 chapters - so I think it'd make more sense if it got 12, 12, 9, 9 unless it got outright cancelled (which I see no evidence of).

Having said all that, I haven't read it yet - but I guess I'll put it on hold until I get confirmation either way.

baka-updates posted:

4 Volumes (Complete)
47 Volume Chapters (Webcomic + Magazine Chapters + Volume Extras)
16 Magazine Chapters (Complete)

probably an extra chapter or something

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Looks like volumes 2 and 3 each had a single extra chapter at the end, so baka-updates is likely counting a not-yet-TLed extra chapter at the end of volume 4 too.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Think it belongs in here, but new Call of the Night chapter dropped:

https://mangadex.org/title/259dfd8a-f06a-4825-8fa6-a2dcd7274230/yofukashi-no-uta
My personal theory is that Ko is already in love with Nazuna a bit but doesn't realize it, hence his ability to survive the gunshot from the detective, his sudden ability to move faster and use vampire blood memories. I hope this chapter means he might finally start to realize what those feelings are.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

you and i are polar opposites chapter 34, christmas eve
cake baking and first kiss missadventures

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
New Douki-chan: https://comick.app/comic/ganbare-douki-chan/WpBNurKt-chapter-225-en

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Found a good one "Mr. Yano's Ordinary Days" by accident this week, its like an inverse "Shikimori Not Just a Cutie" where instead of saving the male protagonist from danger, the MC is playing medic girlfriend
https://mangadex.org/title/0bac7be9-490a-4019-ae87-9b5b324af65a/yano-kun-no-futsuu-no-hibi

Also chapter 176 of Call of the Night hit Mangadex:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/fbcc0959-643e-4863-abe1-36a3249104f0

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jun 30, 2023

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

CommieGIR posted:

Found a good one "Mr. Yano's Ordinary Days" one by accident this week, its like an inverse "Shikimori Not Just a Cutie" where instead of saving the male protagonist from danger, the MC is playing medic girlfriend
https://mangadex.org/title/0bac7be9-490a-4019-ae87-9b5b324af65a/yano-kun-no-futsuu-no-hibi

Nice art in this one

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the girl i like forgot her glasses 101 in which the teens are cute and stuff

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

kidcoelacanth posted:

the girl i like forgot her glasses 101 in which the teens are cute and stuff

And that's how you get diabetes.

Love the cover art.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 30, 2023

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
absolutely adorable. :3:

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

the dad enjoys teasing him

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Megamissen posted:

Its so damned clear he knew the whole time and was probably thrilled that he was the one she chose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Megamissen posted:

octothorpe dad goals