Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Azran posted:

Any tips for unlocking Midas in Army of Ruin? The later Ruin stages are murder and I'm not sure if the answer is 'grind more gold' or not
Nvm, complaining on the internet fixed it :v:

Now I just gotta finish Glacier and Shrine with a character that starts attacking vertically and another who only attacks to the left, respectively :argh:

For the one that needs a character with a weapon that only shoots to the left, pick up the bow that only shoots to the right, it's way better since they changed the upgrade away from shooting in a circle. I found the two worked pretty well together, especially when upgraded since they both bounce back in the opposite direction they fire, though in different ways. (The bow bounces off the screen edge and is much faster, while the other bounces off walls and is slower.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Will do, that one seems to be the easier of the two at least. I legit have no idea how I'm supposed to get 3 charms while using Kroat in Glacier, there are around 10 to 15 enemy projectiles at a time and that's not even taking into account just how tanky the enemies in that level are

Edit: Got Abaddon done, time to see how to get Kroat's done

Azran fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jun 17, 2023

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008
Are there any other good Vampire Survivor-likes on Android? I have played Brotato, 30 Minutes until Dawn, and Magic Survivors.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Couldn't find anything on this online so might as well post it here - I favorited Starshell, Necro Gauntlets and Wristband of Grudge. Starshell once upgraded does absurd damage, same with Brittle Stone (just so you get an idea, I upgraded Brittle Stone last, like 5 minutes after Starshell and it still did almost half its damage lol)

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
A Wild Noobs-like Appears---also Nappa*, somehow.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2359760/Wild_Legion/ Demo

quote:

In the wilderness, wield various weapons, engage in battles with countless monsters, continuously gather materials and gold coins, purchase diverse weapons, equipment, spells, and accumulate buffs. Construct your own turrets, and prepare for an ultimate confrontation against the enemy's Boss!

Wilderness Calls!
Embark on an epic wilderness adventure, where you'll brandish an arsenal of unique weapons, clash with hordes of formidable monsters, and amass precious materials and gold coins.

Craft your destiny as you scour the lands for diverse materials, constructing mighty turrets that serve as your last line of defense. Prepare for the ultimate showdown as you face off against the fearsome Boss of your adversaries.

Unleash your inner warrior as you acquire an array of deadly weapons, powerful equipment, and mystical spells while stacking buffs to enhance your abilities.

Take lost animal friends to the teleport to escape the demonic invasion. In return, they will grant you special gifts!

We took big inspiration from Brotato, Noobs want to live, and Don't Starve.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Wife and I had a blast playing couch coop in bounty of one, though a bit easy with always being able to buy revives (we won on first try)

Do any other of these have couch coop?

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Being one of the three people who've played the game and watched the movie, the game has a weird mix of polished presentation and weirdly balanced core mechanics. Some of the weapons are clearly better than others in all cases, the characters aren't balanced at all, the pretty normal early Survivors build issues.

Te presentation makes up for it, though. There's plenty of splatter that other games in the genre don't have that I appreciate.

All of which is useless since the parade float warehouse level bgm isn't ska.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
God of Weapons got a Big Demo Intrigues update, and a Prologue thing in the works:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2342950/view/5728063323821237569

quote:

Hello fellow gamers,

We have just published a big and exciting update to our demo:
New Playable Character: The Wizard
Each character has two aspects to choose from
Point of Interests: The Monolith of Wishes, which gives quests & rewards to players.
The Armory: Player can unlock new weapons and items at the worktable in this room. Also, all playable items and weapons can be examined here.
Many new Weapons and Items.
New Item Type: Consumable Items.
New Elite Enemies with powerful abilities.
More regular enemy types
Improvements to level design with more tilesets, environmental hazards, and obstacles.
Combat Summaries at the end of the run.
New Settings Screen.
Animated Main Menu.
2 New BGM Tracks.
Various enhancements and fixes.

We hope you will find this update interesting. Thank you very much for your patience and continuous support while we keep on improving the game!

Also, we would like to announce that our Prologue is coming soon with even more exciting content that is closer to the official version of the game, please give it a wishlist!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

ExiledTinkerer posted:

God of Weapons got a Big Demo Intrigues update, and a Prologue thing in the works:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2342950/view/5728063323821237569

inventory tetris brotato shaping up nicely

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

If you signed up for the Deep Rock Galactic: Survivor playtest you could have just gotten a mail from Steam that it has been added to your library.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Mierenneuker posted:

If you signed up for the Deep Rock Galactic: Survivor playtest you could have just gotten a mail from Steam that it has been added to your library.
I am pleased to find you can hit the usual key to Rock and Stone! in this game as well. :unsmith:

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Mierenneuker posted:

Dang I signed up within 5 min of it going live and didn't get in :(

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

New Boneraiser update

quote:

Welcome back wretched. :]

A new map of sorts has been added called the Transitory Elevator. It's basically just the Castle Conquest lift stage but can now be fully played in the other game modes too. The Conquest lift has had a lick of paint to differentiate them, and there's the usual Necrotic Skirmishes score related achievement.

2 new Big Bro minions have been added which you can raise in the usual way. The Big Chestibooty Bro vomits out various Gems and Coins, but also a small chance of a relic or spell scroll too. It also has a nasty bite with any meanies killed by it will also drop a Gold Coin. The Big Chupacabradabro will gift Occult Health and Bones when sucking on meanies, and against Beast meanies any bones they drop will become Big Bones too.

In the Crypt Hub there's now a peculiar basin just below your coffin. Interacting with it will bring up a menu showing all the game's achievements so you don't have to bother faffing outside of the game to see which achievements you have. The basin's fire size and colour indicates your achievement progress and you can access this menu from the Grimoire Compendium.

Fabellia now sells Crypt Paints which you can use to change the colour of your hub. There's also an achievement for nabbing them all.

8 new hats have been added: Nefarious Knight, Cruel Custodian, Shroomed Out, Muppet Mugger, Dung Eater, Wild Wolfy, You Are Here, Honest Holiness.

4 new Relics have been added: Occult Purse, Accursed Tome of Bonings, Accursed Tome of Antiquities, Accursed Tome of Sorceries.

With Goblusious you can now forget any Lost Relics you've researched, which basically just acts like a Giga Banish. The 3 new Tome relics have been added as Lost Relics so will need to be researched before they show up.

The Cyclop Exile class has a new meta called 'Hired Eyes', which when boneraising you might be offered to hire a Cyclops or Goliath Cyclopian mercenary minion chum in exhange for some Gold Coins. The 'Cyclopian Muggings' meta has also been changed so now Human enemies killed by your Meaty Club will also drop Gold Coins.

The Sprout Brotatoes class has a couple of new head related meta called 'Turnip Sprouting' and 'Eggplant Sprouting', so instead of sprouting a boomy pumpkin head he can instead sprout a turnip head (which boosts your spell casting power) or an eggplant head (which slowly gives Occult Health). Like the pumpkin head their effects will remain until you get touched up by a meanie. Another new meta called 'Brodacious Siblings' has also been added where Brozillas will no longer count towards the normal minion Bro caps so you can have some extra Bro chums. These replace the old Cultivation meta which just gave little boosts to some Bro minions so where a bit naff and easily forgotten.

A new rare traveller event has been added called the Master Baiter. As you can probably guess from the name he traps and tames beasts which you can then hire for some beastly pets.

A new contraption called the Bigly Burly Boulder has been added which reduces the Damage you suffer (this was mainly added just to spruce up the Ravine map).

A new slime enemy has been added called the Sumptuous Slimeous, whose a rather hefty slime that inflicts Occult Poison and dissolves into a Swollen Slime and 2 regular Slimes upon their demise. The Beast Whisperer class can also raise them where meanies killed by them drop gems.

The settings menu now has a separate Audio menu for the sound related options. A 'Master Volume' setting has also been added so you can quickly adjust all volumes equally.

Other misc stuff...
- Updated the "translation_reference.csv" file.
- Slightly reduced the pickup sound of Gold Coins and Gems.
- Creative Plaything: In the Necrotic Skirmishes game mode there's now a 'Bone Reduction' option which allows you to adjust the bone value reduction which gradually happens over time.
- If a minion's damage inflicts Meld Rot, then any meldus blobs created from that will be added to the minion's Damage stat (so for example the Mega Meldus Damage stat is more accurate).
- Giantous Sinner minion: They now also require a level 1 Skelly sacrifice to boneraise. He now lobs 3 bones instead of 4 when attacking.
- Megas Meldsumossous: They now have a Meld Rot aura. Slightly increased their Attack Speed.
- Magma Gargantuan: Their lava pools are now darker if you have the 'Declutter Floor' setting on. Slightly increased the Damage their Lava Pools do.
- Chupacabro minion: Increased the rate they give Occult Health.
- Traveller event - Beggar Seller: The chance of him selling a fake relic has been increased but there's now a way to spot the fake.

Some bug fixes...
- Crypt Hub - Boneraiser FM: When using full Mouse Controls clicking outside of the menu would cause a crash.
- Crypt Hub - Goblusious - Lose Relics: The Sinicious Ritual relic was displaying the wrong colour when locked.
- Gangly Grafted class - Giantraiser Minions meta: This was boosting the chance of being offered Big Bro minions.
- Sprout Brotatoes class - Raise Brospellious: Raising a Brozilla wasn't giving any spells.
- Colossal Tooth relic: This was boosting the chance of being offered Big Bro minions.
- Creative Plaything: The game mode mutators menu could have the wrong title.
- Fixed some spelling/grammar mistakes.

Enjoy! :]

:allears:

Azran fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jun 19, 2023

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

On that note, I've got a question regarding this game's UI. I noticed the gems around the coffin indicate whether I've bought all upgrades, defeated the King or the Queen according to their color. But on the map select screen the very first level has this:

I know the big gem on the left hand indicates a win on that map, but what about the gem to the lower left? Is that 'you filled all contraption slots'? Is there a gem on the lower right that I haven't earned too? What about the right hand, is it always empty?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

ok at this point the boneraiser dev needs to go make something else, they're robbing themselves

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
He actually has a library of seven self made games already and I think mentioned working on another.

I think he's one of those rare Type AA super worker personalities. What an absolute stallion.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
so I added this thread to my bookmarks because I had been playing a lot of vampire survivors on android and there was an update, but now that I've found out this is apparently also a thread for all the games patterning after it I guess I should ask what people's favorites are? I still have a lot more vampire survivors to play before I get burnt out on it so i'm not in a rush to play other games like it, but a few games to throw on my steam wishlist or w/e would be nice

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

My personal favorites so far:

Boneraiser Minions
Army of Ruin
20 Minutes Before Dawn
Halls of Torment
Rogue Genesia
Brotato

Azran fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jun 20, 2023

Bob Locke
Dec 31, 2007

Azran posted:

On that note, I've got a question regarding this game's UI. I noticed the gems around the coffin indicate whether I've bought all upgrades, defeated the King or the Queen according to their color. But on the map select screen the very first level has this:

I know the big gem on the left hand indicates a win on that map, but what about the gem to the lower left? Is that 'you filled all contraption slots'? Is there a gem on the lower right that I haven't earned too? What about the right hand, is it always empty?

Two gems, for winning NG+1 and NG+2. I've been working on filling them out but some of the stages are tough!

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
This Fest going to overwhelm on updates and new things, which pretty well tracks historically, but I guess this one stands some kind of chance of standing out a bit considering:

Death Must Die

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2334730/Death_Must_Die/ Demo unto EA

quote:

Descend the nether in search of Death himself! Choose from God-given powers to slay his hordes of minions. Unlock new heroes, collect powerful items and create game-breaking synergies in this roguelite hack and slash survivors game.

"Many heroes throughout history had taken on the journey to The High Mount to enter into Death's realm and end his reign. None to return.
Yet this time, an unsung higher power had chosen to back our heroes in their quest. Toss a coin in my hat here traveler, if you wish to hear The Saga of Death's Demise."
~The Bard

Death Must Die is an action hack and slash roguelite survivors game in which you play as the heroes trying to defeat Death.

Features:
Destroy the thousands of minions of Death
Explore the different levels of Death's realm and face off and defeat the Guardians protecting the passages between them
Choose from the hundreds of blessings offered to you by the other Gods who want Death gone for their own reasons to create synergetic and godlike builds
Grind randomized and unique items to make insanely varied builds and ease your next attempts
Call on the Fates to increase your odds of finding lost relics, at the cost of empowering Death's legions
Attempt runs with a varied cast of heroes, that fight using unique weapon playstyles, and are endowed with game altering traits
Unlock unique and hard to access achievements

3'ish person team going for A Reach~

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Played it for a bit, it's pretty fun but it's very active compared to a usual Survivors game (you have to manually attack, for instance), and it's probably a little too hard as it currently stands. Interested in seeing how it gets tweaked going forward though.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

flatluigi posted:

so I added this thread to my bookmarks because I had been playing a lot of vampire survivors on android and there was an update, but now that I've found out this is apparently also a thread for all the games patterning after it I guess I should ask what people's favorites are? I still have a lot more vampire survivors to play before I get burnt out on it so i'm not in a rush to play other games like it, but a few games to throw on my steam wishlist or w/e would be nice

Boneraiser Minions
Rogue: Genesia
Halls of Torment
Spellbook Demonslayers
Soulstone Survivors

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Hero of Fate for another ambitious fusion project:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2332410/Hero_of_Fate/ Demo

quote:

"Hero of Fate" is a rogue game combining the elements of "survivors" and "role-playing". In the midst of monsters, you will encounter various tasks or sudden events. You can recruit partners or become a lone wolf and experience an exciting and unpredictable adventure in this fantastic world!

Game Introduction
"Hero of Fate" is a pixel-style action roguelike role-playing game full of adventure and excitement. You will embark on a journey of fate in a world full of crises, explore mysterious dungeons, recruit various interesting companions, and uncover conspiracies hidden in the darkness.

Game Features

Diverse Character Classes: You can choose different classes according to your preferences and build your perfect team. You can choose powerful warriors, agile assassins, mysterious mages, or other interesting classes.

Survival Elements: Adventurers in the game need to survive in a world full of crises, facing various challenges and dangers. Players need to make reasonable use of the skills and equipment of different characters in the team to survive in this world.

Free Event Choices: Players will encounter various different events in the game, and players can choose different solutions according to their preferences. You can friendly help people in difficulty, or coldly use them. You can choose to bravely face enemies, or cautiously avoid them. You can choose to execute tasks loyally, or betray employers.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

edit: gone, thanks!

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jun 21, 2023

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Now we are starting to get Message Driven Titles~

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2351700/The_Gun_is_Good/

quote:

An action roguelike top-down shooter. Bullet heaven vs bullet hell, man against demon hordes. Loot countless powerful guns to annihilate your foes by the thousands, and use the power of runes to get even stronger. Trapped in an infinite spanning astral plane filled with innumerable hordes of murderous demons stalking your every move - things clearly aren't looking great. But, at least The Gun is Good. Traverse strange dimensions, battle increasingly powerful and numerous foes in ever changing environments to try to find a way back home.

The demons are many, but The Gun is Good. Use your arsenal of powerful (to extremely powerful) guns to obliterate anything that stands in your path. Be it demon or solid wall. The demons hold runes - the currency of the astral.

Traverse maps of strange dimensions with different layouts and properties every time you play. Choose a safer path with lesser rewards or test your skills for greater boons. Enter both dangerous and safe areas to finally reach and challenge mighty demon lords.

Loot or purchase dozens of different guns with wildly varying properties, strengths, and weaknesses. Further enhanced with dozens of modifications that changes their power and abilities. The combinations are astronomical.

Discover different items that can be used to further help you on your journeys.

Runes have many different uses, use them to power up your character with dozens of different rune powers. Purchase items, guns and ammo. Find ways to craft modifications onto your guns to increase their power even further.

I've lost precise track of how many "generations" in deep we are by now, but the sense of wild escalation on one or more fronts has remained a constant.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lol zardoz

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Spirit Hunters 1.0 is out

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1914580/announcements/detail/5476987644174659214

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Spirit Hunters is perhaps the standard bearer triumph for the genre as far as making a proper comeback after getting absolutely hammered & derailed just barely off the starting blocks by the virus---for as easily games of this sort can rapidly escalate, the expectations on time and volatility can all too easily claim any of them so it is Real Good to see them surmount the distance ultimately. They've earned their Polish.O update in lieu of anything dramatic to mark the exodus from EA.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
So, after ending up with Boneraiser Minions today and having a little under two hours disappear...

It's good! Definitely different than I was expecting it to be from a lot of people putting it as #2 on their Best of the Survivors lists, in that the core concept revolves around you throwing away a lot of your own personal control because of having to use minions rather than weapons, but it's interestingly different and it works. I was a little bit frustrated at first, but now I'm regularly making it past the first set of bosses and building towards semi-respectable early game scores.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

yeah I don't think spirit hunters is the best of the bunch but if you tried it early and were turned off, try it again, they improved it dramatically

the challenges are pretty fun too, they partially restrict your loadout and ask you to complete a certain map, difficulty, and character

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Jossar posted:

So, after ending up with Boneraiser Minions today and having a little under two hours disappear...

It's good! Definitely different than I was expecting it to be from a lot of people putting it as #2 on their Best of the Survivors lists, in that the core concept revolves around you throwing away a lot of your own personal control because of having to use minions rather than weapons, but it's interestingly different and it works. I was a little bit frustrated at first, but now I'm regularly making it past the first set of bosses and building towards semi-respectable early game scores.

I like how differently the classes play- some of them are about focusing on a particular kind of minion but then you've got one where you have no minions and the attacks come from you, VS-style, there's one that's designed around you actively dashing through enemies, hell, there's one where every I think 40-60 seconds you're forced to switch classes. A big part of the replayability and appeal of the game is just how many options it gives you and how many different playstyles there are to explore.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's one class where all the attacks originate from you. in other words, the normal vs experience.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Vampire Survivors Switch has 4 player coop!

*Please come to PC!!!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Looks like the Switch version of Vampire Survivors has 4 player local co-op. Still no vampires tho.

e;f,b although I mentioned a very important detail

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Co-op VS? Best game stays best.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Harminoff posted:

Vampire Survivors Switch has 4 player coop!

*Please come to PC!!!

https://twitter.com/poncle_vampire/status/1671527515922333697?t=vaEtsj0UxddRG0N96p7J8g&s=19

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
holy poo poo that rules, going to rebuy

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Kaysette posted:

holy poo poo that rules, going to rebuy

absolutely cannot wait for couch co-op VS with the wife

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU