Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Master Duel WCS Qualifier breakdown:

https://roadoftheking.com/master-duel-world-championship-2023-qualifier/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Guess I can't say I'm too surprised by the results. Those were basically the decks I kept seeing besides Blackwing and Stun on the way up. I would have thought Floo would have more representation just for being able to cram more games in like Duelist Cup, but it felt like rear end when I tried to play it so I understand. I felt like every deck besides like Spright and sometimes Vernusylph Naturia was just awful to play. Haven't been having fun with the game at all for the past 2 months.

However, I'm actually enjoying the game a lot right now. The latest pack has like 4 different decks I want to play. The Bystials are really great! They have a cool resource loop, have great stats, and keep a lot of decks I found annoying in check. And they had a great showing from what I caught of the last MCS.

Too bad the Bystials are banned for the upcoming re-run events. Was looking forward to playing them in Red Dragons, but between the Crimson Resonator limit in Legend and the Arianne ban in both, I'll have to try something different this time around.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
So what's everyone running in the Legend Anthology event? I tried Cyberdarks because I bought the structure for the copies of Fusion Deployment, but Suships with a small Utopia package to occasionally dome opponents for stupid amounts of damage has been the most efficient deck for me so far.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I already have cydra darks built but wow, gotta remember how to do the combo its been so long lol

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Special thanks once again to this post, really a life saver lol

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
I've played a little bit with Abyss Actors. I haven't played this deck since Master Rule 3, so it took some adjusting to. It's not an especially strong deck and it's maybe even worse off with the banlist for this event. Everyone is running sacky cards like Super Poly and Neos Fusion, and with fewer handraps available I find more people are on board breakers and spell/trap removal for the scales. Still, there's a really nice advantage engine in there and some very powerful individual cards. If it had better S/T removal, it would be a decent blind second deck in this event.

In terms of efficiency, Sharks aren't bad. Reliable access to Utopia Double, strong Rank 5's and plenty of removal options for if you go first or miss lethal even without Kragen.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

Special thanks once again to this post, really a life saver lol
Glad it's helping! I've been on this deck this event as well but I've been playing it as a going second strategy this time, it's extremely easy to make a 4200/6300 (with Sieger) attack Chimeratech Rampage Dragon that's immune from targeting and destruction due to Cyber Eternity Dragon and that's often enough to just kill your opponent.

e: this is the list I'm on for reference (mostly stolen from a Discord), don't feel like you need to craft any of the non-engine cards I happen to own:

Superpoly does interfere with your engine pretty badly (stops you from activating Cybernetic Horizon) but it can at least help out Plasma who is otherwise a big problem. That said maybe something as simple as Book of Moon or Forbidden Chalice could actually be better

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jun 14, 2023

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
What are the 3 URS before cyberdark realm? I dont recognize the picture

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Ultimate Slayer. I happened to open 3 copies and it is a very nice board breaker but by no means necessary.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Oh yeah that is very nice, but yeah i got plenty of other stuff im not spending urs until the next pack comes out

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i started playing this. bad idea

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
How does the shadow realm feel?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Nyaa posted:

How does the shadow realm feel?

i just had a match where I comic handed someone's Winged Dragon of Ra so the shadow realm of people running terrible decks against my terrible deck in bronze owns op

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

after not playing for a while it feels way easier to climb diamond, I guess everyone good is already in master?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kild posted:

after not playing for a while it feels way easier to climb diamond, I guess everyone good is already in master?

Thats tiered rank games in brief. Once the first rush of rank climbers are done youll face more casual players

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
There’s two more rank above diamond now, so it’s more like gold by old standard.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Nyaa posted:

There’s two more rank above diamond now, so it’s more like gold by old standard.

You mean two more ranks above Platinum.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Kild posted:

Pretty much yes. After taking a few days off, I've basically been cartwheeling up the Platinum ranks. Went from V to II in one afternoon just trying out Floowondereeze, and at least half my wins were people immediately scooping to Dimensional Shifter, Dimensional Fissure, or just setting up the default end board.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
OCG has become very diverse:

Source: https://roadoftheking.com/ocg-2023-04-metagame-report-9-10/

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

And this isn't a fake diversity situation, where they're all powered by the same core engine or something?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dabir posted:

And this isn't a fake diversity situation, where they're all powered by the same core engine or something?

Unless you count Maxx C as one, no :v: .
the main shared cards are all handtraps, its been a while since we got a new meta deck with a small enough core that you can just run an entirely second deck within your deck.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I just ask because it wasn't so long ago that we had "look at all the decks you can run Superheavy in", or Runick, or Adventure. I'm glad it's not one of those, then.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
passing up on using UR gems to craft a third staple handtrap versus spending them on Transmission Gear

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Looks like we're finally getting some new selection packs for archetypes that have been introduced since the game's launch.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i am going to make an "actual" deck soon, probably Abyss Actors, but i am having way too much fun with my terrible toon deck based on stealing monsters. i think "cards that would be busted and banned in any playable archetype" is one of my favorite card genres

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i am going to make an "actual" deck soon, probably Abyss Actors, but i am having way too much fun with my terrible toon deck based on stealing monsters. i think "cards that would be busted and banned in any playable archetype" is one of my favorite card genres

Yeah Toons are fun. Not good, but fun.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
they get a tutor which can search basically any card in its archetype, including itself and another archetype-specific tutor, and a better version of banned card Snatch Steal which also gives the stolen card direct attack, immunity to battle/card effect destruction, and immunity to targeting, and it still just bricks half the time and has a terrible time dealing with negation or backrow removal

one of my favorite things is that - since the deck likes special-summoning level 7s, slotting in Big Eye in the extra deck for even more monster-stealing fun. and it sometimes does work because most decks still dont really like having boss monsters stolen, or facing an OTK's worth of direct damage bypassing their board

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jun 19, 2023

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
anyway i liked the pendulum tutorial missions so someone recommended me Abyss Actors which looked fun. that and trains because i like it when the monsters have big numbers

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Comic Hand is great but toons really suffer from not being able to attack the turn you play them, really hampers what could otherwise be a solid going-second strategy.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
For the ultra-nerds:

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy

Feels Villeneuve posted:

If you like the playstyle of taking your opponent's monsters and running cards that would be banned in any other deck, then Abyss Actors sounds up your alley. You also run level 7 monsters so those Rank 7's you already have can be slotted in along with Absolute/Vortex Dragon which are N/R monsters that get you a negate. As far as busted cards go they have a searchable ROTA for 2 cards, a draw 5 card and an endless cavalcade of searchers.

But I'll be honest, the deck is not very good. It is extremely consistent and can play through interaction, but it ends on a monster negate and realistically the card that bounces 2. But if your opponent is on Super Poly and can read, you don't even get that much. And the draw 5 card is fun but dependent on your pool of handtraps to get value. I still think it's fun, and it's cool to play a combo deck that doesn't end on generic boss monsters.

A new Blue-Eyes figure is cool! I'm also looking forward to the AA-Zeus kit that was announced a few days back.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
give me blue eyes toon as a field mate, cowards at konami

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
One deck that I can definitely recommend taking a look at is Floowandereeze. It only needs four archetype-specific URs (3x Floowandereeze and the Advent of Adventure, and 1x Mist Valley Apex Avian). It's a very straightforward deck that has the added benefit of being able to play around most conventional forms of disruption. It completely ignores Maxx "C", it can't really be disrupted by the Bystials, and has a value engine that can be hard for most decks to interact with. It can also run Dimension Shifter and Dimensional Fissure, which severely hamstrings quite a few of the major meta decks.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i was looking at floo because of that and also because the art on it owns but it doesn't have any packs so i think you have to craft it all manually?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i was looking at floo because of that and also because the art on it owns but it doesn't have any packs so i think you have to craft it all manually?

Correct, for the time being at least.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I would simply pull ghoti (pronounced fish). IDK how it works but they look cool and I beat one in Elden Ring.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Feels Villeneuve posted:

There's been some leaks about newer archetypes being given their own selection packs. However, even without a selection pack, it's very doable. Besides the aforementioned URs, you only need seven in-archetype SRs. 3x Floowandereeze & Robina, 3x Floowandereeze & Eglen, and one Floowandereeze and the Unexplored Winds.

From there, you can expand the deck with staples like Dimension Shifter Maxx "C", Ash Blossom, Evenly Matched and a full set of Pot of Duality (2), Extravagance (3) and Prosperity. You can use N/R cards like Torrential Tribute and Compulsory Evacuation Device to pad out the deck, along with the various bundle cards, as you work on materials to flesh it out.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Don't forget book of moon and forbidden chalice.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8uLN4aRyXQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Looks like Master Duel dislikes the performance of Branded, Floo, Spright, and Tearlaments. Nonetheless, the Tearlament and Spright hits are not that bad; mostly hits on consistency. The Limit on Virus is pretty telling that Lady Labrynth is coming soon.