Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Like the poet said, "you're not big enough and there's not enough of you to get me back in that thing"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

ded posted:

you are dumb and bad

vital components
vital components
vital components

oh for fucks sakes i was just trying to do a bit, dude, calm your cavitations

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I was wrong, you'll have to forgive me for not giving a techbro's floating sarcophagus the slightest shred of credit

well, not any more

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Kesper North posted:

oh for fucks sakes i was just trying to do a bit, dude, calm your cavitations

gj triggering that bubblehead Mr north

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
by the authority vested in me as an Official United States Taxpayer i say the xbox controller is mission critical, even if it's just used by the crew for recreational purposes

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
oh jesus god I just saw the video where he says the controller is bluetooth, more specifically it's this with fancy sticks

died snagged in the titanic's railing because of a bluetooth hiccup, man steve fosset is going to laugh at me when I get to billionaire heaven

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Discussion Quorum posted:

oh jesus god I just saw the video where he says the controller is bluetooth, more specifically it's this with fancy sticks

died snagged in the titanic's railing because of a bluetooth hiccup, man steve fosset is going to laugh at me when I get to billionaire heaven

Looks like one of those weird off brand controllers from the 90's. Maybe the turbo buttons malfunctioned?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
imagine if they were using nintendo joycons; then they'd be drifting at sea :haw:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Wrong Theory posted:

Looks like one of those weird off brand controllers from the 90's. Maybe the turbo buttons malfunctioned?

Maybe the turbo buttons didn't malfunction!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Yeah, this- I have a sinking feeling that we’re all heading for deep sixers if we don’t have a Titanic improvement in the level of discourse here. Let me float an idea- I know we’re all trying to decompress but would it really be so crushing not to sink to these depths? Jokes about dead billionaires are just the tip of the iceberg.

Your posting has taken a crash dive recently

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Ahahahauahahahahahaga this is worse than the Slavic Crime and that's saying something

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Do you think that piece of poo poo happened to have a black box and/or any sort of recording inside it, or are we just going to get a picture or two back of some twisted shrapnel and "it broke :("

I really wonder what the gently caress happened because there's so many ways it could've gone wrong.

All New Sonic
Nov 7, 2012

& KNUCKLES
Buglord

lmao i had one of those and returned it to the store because it kept turning off/disconnecting in the middle of a game. these people are turbofucked

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

250K to get in a tiny metal tube of questionable design that is controlled by this

I mean could be worse, coulda been a Mad Catz controller.

Zamujasa posted:

imagine if they were using nintendo joycons; then they'd be drifting at sea :haw:

:lol:

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jun 19, 2023

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

I mean could be worse, coulda been a Mad Catz controller.

Came here to post exactly this. Supposedly they suck less these days but I don't intend to find out.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Zamujasa posted:

Lmao

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/Yoppchop/status/1670871111163060225?s=20

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Warning: progress not saved will be lost

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

McNally posted:

It's about 2,100 fathoms, actually.

:golfclap:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

"Oh that part? Yeah you gotta plug your controller into the second port otherwise Psycho Mantis Poseidon will just wreck you"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

https://twitter.com/Pogue/status/1670835763536183297?s=20

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

........................I am speechless

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
:stonklol:

All New Sonic
Nov 7, 2012

& KNUCKLES
Buglord
absolutely shocking but not even remotely surprising

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I feel like I need to pop in my Venture Brothers DVD and get some applicable screen caps from Ghosts of the Sargasso

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Arrath posted:

I feel like I need to pop in my Venture Brothers DVD and get some applicable screen caps from Ghosts of the Sargasso

Lol drat yeah that fits

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Arrath posted:

You have to, that's just the rules. The GHOST PIRATE rules.

That Works posted:

Lol drat yeah that fits

username/post combo

Wombot
Sep 11, 2001

So there's no physical connection to the tender, the sub itself doesn't have any inertial navigation or GPS (only good near/on surface), and the only form of communication is via VLF datagrams?

It sure sounds like the tender vessel drops it in the water above the wreck, they sink, and then just drive around the sea bed looking for the debris trail (which they don't always find).

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Wombot posted:

So there's no physical connection to the tender, the sub itself doesn't have any inertial navigation or GPS (only good near/on surface), and the only form of communication is via VLF datagrams?

It sure sounds like the tender vessel drops it in the water above the wreck, they sink, and then just drive around the sea bed looking for the debris trail (which they don't always find).

I thought I was interpreting it wrong, but yeah it sure sounds like that.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

All New Sonic posted:

lmao i had one of those and returned it to the store because it kept turning off/disconnecting in the middle of a game. these people are turbofucked

wait you mean NASA wasn't reading the Amazon reviews for me?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Regular subs don't use... game controllers for vital components.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/19/16333376/us-navy-military-xbox-360-controller

e: gently caress

everything else in that article is totally clownshoes though , no hatch just have someone bolt and hopefully torque the hull back together every time??

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jun 20, 2023

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Clamping the pressure vessel together with seventeen bolts and a wrench has some downsides, but it’s probably the least bad option for a comedy operation like that.

If they had a quick release, it would have catastrophically failed on the first dive.

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
The company that made this treating people paying a quarter of a million like an older brother does when mom says to let your little brother play too when playing Mario kart

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
If the hatch can really only be opened from outside, it raises the possibility that they managed to surface, and five years from now some fishing boat is going to find it floating around full of corpses with torn up fingers and scratch marks on the inside of the hatch.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
At this point I am waiting to learn there is a $300 PLB from REI inside but it gets no reception inside the pressure vessel and nobody bothered to test that before hand

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They’ll just light a signal fire to attract rescuers.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1670913684305215488?t=SzVNb-7wXE5jZSJ5tKNABg&s=19

Maybe the erection that has just popped up as a result of Mr. Stupid saying stupid things on a hot mic in front of the camera owned by a major television network will raise the sub from the ocean floor.
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1670919463837769729?t=7XbGhbKLA9a47tA0QpDplw&s=19

Legal Goons, this is just going to be Exhibit A in the trial, isn't it?

E- And is his snorting at each breath a leftover from COVID?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jun 20, 2023

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

CBJSprague24 posted:

E- And is his snorting at each breath a leftover from COVID?

I thought that was all the cocaine

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CBJSprague24 posted:

Legal Goons, this is just going to be Exhibit A in the trial, isn't it?

Non-legal goon, but all this stuff is fully admissible in court from everything I've read on the matter as it's all public. The whole interview is basically "Yep, I obstructed. Yep, I deliberately did it because gently caress them. Yep, my brain is made of aged cheddar cheese."

To the extent that he has a defense strategy, it's to delay the trial as long as possible and win the presidency. It's his defense strategy because it's HIS defense strategy and he simply can't be lawyered or follow a lawyer's instructions. That's why he's basically confessing to crimes.txt - he thinks the word vomit will win him the presidency and moot everything else. Just another gamble, really. He'll probably admit to more and more as the weeks go on.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jun 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Trump just needs to make himself look so odious in the interview that the judge rules that the prejudicial effect outweighs its value as evidence.