Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Eikon
Phoenix
Titan
Garuda
Ramuh
Shiva
Odin
Bahamut
Ifrit
View Results

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Please don't respond to the guy banned from multiple threads for posting the same weak troll over and over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Dpulex posted:

Hopefully something happens to knock him down a few pegs

this literally happens in the demo that you played

Kale
May 14, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

FF16's dub is excellent and I genuinely can't imagine thinking it is bad unless you are predisposed to assume any English dub is bad.

I'm one of those guys that usually plays in Japanese and I think people that think the FFXVI dub in the demo was anything close to bad are completely up their own rear end and possibly even just trolling in bad faith. Like I don't know what ones subjective standard for voice acting is, but like I said Ben Starr has possibly the best English dub performance I've ever heard in an FF game in the demo.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1670838979405529116?t=vq_JA-52_F4W7k_X7ekm5A&s=19

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I’m glad someone finally invented something other than open world for games

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyxvi/status/1670862655190626304

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

IMO they should give one lucky fan who buys the collector edition that full-sized Ifrit shown in this video. Just drive a big moving truck up to their house/apartment and unload the giant Ifrit statue.

I'm imagining this giant Ifrit just sitting outside the house because there's no way to get it in, becoming all worn down by the elements

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

"You don’t have to play the first fifteen but fans will be real dickheads to you if you don’t play VII"

lmao

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Glad to see Kenny Omega made it in there.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I AM A BIG loving MORON AND I JUST WANT TO PLAY FINAL FANTASY XVI

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Eh 16 is old hat. Where is 17?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Ask Yoko Taro

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

HD DAD posted:

Ask Yoko Taro

gently caress, that would be so awesome if he made a Final Fantasy.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

I said come in! posted:

the marketing (and bickering on the internet pre-release) would be such a poo poo show and I would love every moment of it

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

They let Matsuno make a mainline FF game set in his existing personal world so why the hell (why the gently caress, even) not set one in the DrakenNierverse?

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
FFXVII, starring Caim and Angelus again because the next generation isn't ready

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
an FF flagship title sounds like it'd be more work and effort than yoko taro's comfortable with. he's always been pretty upfront that he prefers to leave things to his collaborators but a project like that would mean a laser-intense spotlight over his head for years

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
final fanty

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

There's some debate but FFXVI was written and developed in Japan so I think it's fair to say even if it was intended for international release (even primarily for international release ala the lip syncing), it's still a Japanese product being translated for an English audience.

Regardless it isn't like 'dub' is a bad word.

Koji Fox is the lead localizer for the game and if he has the same role as he did in FFXIV then you could safely assume that the actual text in English in the game is better than in Japanese.

FFXIV is one of those games where I played in english but would occasionally swap to japanese to hear the japanese script and it was so dry in comparison. Factor in that Koji also is an active participant on developing lore of the games and you could argue that english is actual intended language for the game.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's weird how little presence Takai has had in the game's marketing. Obviously people love YoshiP and they want to put him front and centre, but I bet most people don't even realise some other guy's actually directed the thing.

I guess you don't get all that many situations where a producer takes so much of the credit.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I thought Takai has been fairly present, but I get the sense he’s more than happy to sit back and be a bit more out of the spotlight. He’s given some really thoughtful answers in the printed interviews.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Koji Fox came up with the concept of twinned gods of commerce and the afterlife because one of the lead lore guys said "Thal" is too short for a god's name and he wanted "Thal's balls" to be an in universe curse, so he invented Nald'Thal.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

IIRC preload is 2 days before release, so later tonight?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ytlaya posted:

IIRC preload is 2 days before release, so later tonight?

Midnight, yes

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

dawn of the first day or something idk

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Mordiceius posted:

I am traveling for up to a month starting on June 23, and I think 1. how unfortunate the timing, and 2. the slightly elevated chance that I could die or be incapacitated before getting to play FFXVI lol

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am traveling for up to a month starting on June 23, and I think 1. how unfortunate the timing, and 2. the slightly elevated chance that I could die or be incapacitated before getting to play FFXVI lol

Yeah, I have the unfortunate timing of just being in the middle of a crunch period for work so between now and July 4th, I have very limited play time. I'll be surprised if I make it more than 10 hours into the game over the first two weeks.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I have a 3 day weekend this coming weekend and then I’m on vacation the first 3 weeks of July

Suck it

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Depending on your account's timezone preload is up BTW.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Just from the demo Clive has rocketed up to second most favorite FF main character for me, with only Cloud ahead of him. Until the FF7 Remake I had kind of given up on Final Fantasy but I'm definitely back on the hype train now, I was never able to finish 13 or 15.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That still leaves you a day to play the entire game! You can do it. Think of how disappointed Joshua will be if you die without avenging him.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://twitter.com/TheSphereHunter/status/1670936761139335168?s=20

Oh dear. Maybe I should do that for my launch PS5 before release

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Hopefully 16 has some good road trips too.

Contextless spoilers for ffxiv areas through Shadowbringers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGRjdBmSCDA

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

RatHat posted:

https://twitter.com/TheSphereHunter/status/1670936761139335168?s=20

Oh dear. Maybe I should do that for my launch PS5 before release

The ps5 has clever little holes you can put a vacuum on and clean it out. Thanks Cerny!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'll be playing in a commercial freezer. No overheating for me.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

JBP posted:

The ps5 has clever little holes you can put a vacuum on and clean it out. Thanks Cerny!

Yep I had to do this to keep cyberpunk from overheating my ps5. Only needed to take the plates off to vacuum, no disassembly needed otherwise

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I thought directly applying vacuum to electronics is bad and that's why you use compressed air to blow instead of suck

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I thought directly applying vacuum to electronics is bad and that's why you use compressed air to blow instead of suck

Sony has said you can vacuum it so maybe there’s some static protection or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
It's designed that way. It's actually incredibly good for it.