Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

BonHair posted:

Lmao at saying that kids don't have networking skills. My 7 month old is making friends with everyone over 60 and quite a few below whenever we're out

My two-year-old grandson makes friends and girlfriends everywhere he goes. A waitress made him balloon animals the other day and brought him samples of several dishes and dessert for free without him asking. He has a modeling career. He’s in TV / internet ads. This guy is on the grind like a mf. Absolute hyperchad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

freeedr posted:

There was a tweet shared here recently where a guy said something along the lines of “Isn’t it frustrating when your chair smells like poo poo after you use it a few times” and then people of course started dogpiling on him and then one reply was like “you guys can pretend but we all know he’s right” and that guy got dogpiled too. It was mind-boggling.

yeah, it's like when people talk about getting skidmarks in their underwear like that's just a thing that happens that you have to deal with.

no??/ ??? ??? ?

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCNv5jhHCZI

I was only familiar with this version, thanks for showing me the original

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

they forgot liberia.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I took a Tramadol earlier today and thought I was dead.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tramadol whips rear end

I had to take it for like a year and by the end I was so tolerant to it I was just eating it by the handful and when I didn’t need it anymore they had to wean me off it because lol opiates

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol at all the dog girl full metal alchemist memes.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

Tramadol whips rear end

I had to take it for like a year and by the end I was so tolerant to it I was just eating it by the handful and when I didn’t need it anymore they had to wean me off it because lol opiates

Exactly same here lol, lmao.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Refreshing to hear people saying tramadol is strong, because as a nurse all I ever hear is that it doesn’t do anything. To be fair to those people though, the one time I was given tramadol it didn’t do anything I could notice at all whereas ibuprofen kicks major rear end for anything inflammation-based.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I crave to have the tramadol itching/sweating

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

freeedr posted:

Refreshing to hear people saying tramadol is strong, because as a nurse all I ever hear is that it doesn’t do anything. To be fair to those people though, the one time I was given tramadol it didn’t do anything I could notice at all whereas ibuprofen kicks major rear end for anything inflammation-based.

for pain it's kinda poo poo, for chillin' it's totally legit.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

love that slightly itchy face feeling, very satisfying to give it a little scratch and then go back to being on the moon

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

freeedr posted:

I had that same experience with back pain. All the opiates did was stop me up and make me nauseous but cymbalta, neurontin, and naproxen worked wonders pre-and-post surgery. No shade on people for whom it works and who need it but it legit wouldn't surprise me if we eventually come to the conclusion that there's some genetic mutation or something that means they don't work for a percentage of the population.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Pillheads, Your Favorite?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Azathoth posted:

I had that same experience with back pain. All the opiates did was stop me up and make me nauseous but cymbalta, neurontin, and naproxen worked wonders pre-and-post surgery. No shade on people for whom it works and who need it but it legit wouldn't surprise me if we eventually come to the conclusion that there's some genetic mutation or something that means they don't work for a percentage of the population.

I had the exact opposite experience, issue was a bulging disc pressing on the nerve so they tried me on Gabapentin (generic Neurontin) and comical dosages of Ibuprofen which didn’t do poo poo, but when they finally switched it up and gave me sweet sweet opiates because I couldn’t sit down without my calf and ankle feeling like they were being crushed in a vice (nerve pain is loving weird) Tramadol was the GOAT.

Eventually they shot the nerve full of some cocktail of steroids and anti-inflammatory poo poo and it was magically fixed, would have been really cool if they didn’t make me wait 18 months to do that part but I guess that’s why it’s free.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

love that slightly itchy face feeling, very satisfying to give it a little scratch and then go back to being on the moon

And then one week later realising, hey I haven't taken a poo poo in 11 days. Holy balls I'm so glad I only had to deal with that whole experience for a year.
E: hosed up the two lowest discs in my spine, whatup spine friends

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Opiates suck, at best they make me warm and it's like, what's the big deal. I've never experienced any particularly pleasant feeling on them

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ge mig gräs likör

:DDDDDDD

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
i had 2 herniated discs (L4/5 L5/S1) and tramadol didn't do poo poo but percocet worked great so the doctor gave me a script for like 300 a month and I was chewing those bastards like candy but I loving hated them so as soon as i got out of surgery i quit cold turkey even tho the doctors were like "that's probably a bad idea." no withdrawals at all

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

freeedr posted:

Tramadol does nothing for my pain. Like, I chose to start smoking weed again instead of fill my tramadol scripts back in 2014. But I’m told red hair might have to do with this?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Pharmacology is a total gently caress

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Yeah I had a fractured vertebrae and all kinds of sciatica, compensatory back pain muscle spasms and poo poo and ibuprofen / tylenol at huge doses barely took the slightest edge off. Tramadol worked like a charm except if I took more than 2 in one day I'd puke which ended up being a real blessing in disguise I guess since I was able to stop using them without issues.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

We're gonna look back on the opiate crisis in the way we look back on old timey medicine

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
How did the meme thread become tcc

This appeals to me on a special level. My boss’ name is Amy, we use teams, and all my coworkers thought it was real

Also I had c6/c7 fused like our old friend lowtax and the pain was so intense and I ran out of painkillers that I broke into my parents house and stole all their tramadol and lived like a king for 30 days.

I regret nothing. They have a concierge dr and piles of any pill you could want.

Unless I need to run for office or too secret clearance in which case I fabricated this post

nexous has a new favorite as of 22:43 on Jun 19, 2023

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I'm glad they circled that, wasn't sure which part I was supposed to be noticing

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Tenebrais posted:

I'm glad they circled that, wasn't sure which part I was supposed to be noticing

my favorite part is that it appears this is a photo of an image where the text was already circled unnecessarily

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Zzulu posted:

Opiates suck, at best they make me warm and it's like, what's the big deal. I've never experienced any particularly pleasant feeling on them

Take more. Or, better yet, don't

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
idgi

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

this also happened to one of the professors here

well it was a little glass hippie pipe but same difference

it's stupid anime poo poo, don't bother

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Sagebrush posted:

this also happened to one of the professors here

well it was a little glass hippie pipe but same difference

S/he sounds cool

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

freeedr posted:

My two-year-old grandson makes friends and girlfriends everywhere he goes. A waitress made him balloon animals the other day and brought him samples of several dishes and dessert for free without him asking. He has a modeling career. He’s in TV / internet ads. This guy is on the grind like a mf. Absolute hyperchad

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

it's stupid anime poo poo, don't bother

mad?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

It's an infamous episode in a popular anime called Full Metal Alchemist where a guy fuses his dog and his daughter into this horrible monster thing.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

bike tory posted:

It's an infamous episode in a popular anime called Full Metal Alchemist where a guy fuses his dog and his daughter into this horrible monster thing.

https://i.imgur.com/j7IzgKK.mp4

mystes
May 31, 2006

I guess the joke is specifically that after she's turned into a chimera she would fit into the dimensions for the banner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Please stop posting about that sick anime shite