Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is there a chance the Hypno Hustler thing is a smokescreen for Glover doing a Prowler movie? Because there might actually be something in that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm still 99% sure that Madame Web is actually a Spider-Girl/Anya movie and that title is a placeholder.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

FlamingLiberal posted:

There was going to be a Silver Sable/Black Cat movie years back but that got scrapped
I read the script for that, it was decent. Nothing spectacular, but it read like a fun enough disposable heist flick. The Chameleon was in it as a fixer with the gimmick of every time they showed up, it was as a completely different actor, so they'd constantly be switching gender/ethnicity. I thought that was neat.

Joe Fisto posted:

Good news is I can’t see them keeping Ezra after this bomb. I guess I can enjoy whoever Gunn’s Flash is (Wally?) instead of avoiding it.
"Hmmm, this franchise with Ezra Miller in it is box office poison. Let's do three more of them!"

-- Also Warner Brothers

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
I imagine some Sony Exec looking back at how much money the Raimi movies made them and jealous of Marvel's box office has been screaming "Get me IP adjacent to Spider-Man!" for 10 years and so here we are.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm still 99% sure that Madame Web is actually a Spider-Girl/Anya movie and that title is a placeholder.
Supposedly it's the newer Madame Web that isn't an old woman

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

Supposedly it's the newer Madame Web that isn't an old woman

Yeah it's probably the Julia Carpenter version, but I'm still certain that it's going to be mainly about Anya Corazon

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I wish Sony had the balls to make a movie that is entirely in one room and the only character is a blind woman in a chair

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

FlamingLiberal posted:

I wish Sony had the balls to make a movie that is entirely in one room and the only character is a blind woman in a chair

And shown entirely from her point of view.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So I have yet to see the new Spiderverse movie and I am sensing the moratorium on open spoilers on twitter is running out, if it hasn't already. My question is about the ending: On a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being "Self Contained", 3 being "Reasonable end point", and 5 being "YOU MOTHERFUCKERS", how brutal is the cliffhanger?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Unlucky7 posted:

So I have yet to see the new Spiderverse movie and I am sensing the moratorium on open spoilers on twitter is running out, if it hasn't already. My question is about the ending: On a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being "Self Contained", 3 being "Reasonable end point", and 5 being "YOU MOTHERFUCKERS", how brutal is the cliffhanger?

5.5 and it's great

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
:5:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jamesman posted:

So what is next after this?

We have Dakota Johnson in a Madame Web movie for some reason.
Bad Bunny as El Muerto, and I keep thinking "Zendaya is Meechee" whenever I think about that.
Hypno Hustler with Donald Glover was recently greenlit.

It honestly feels like Sony is making these movies are some sort of tax scam or money laundering plot at this point.

Bad Bunny is the biggest star in the world, they’re not going to let that one slip away.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Unlucky7 posted:

Strong 6. This is half of a story and unapologetic about it. It’s loving great though.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

CapnAndy posted:

Strong 6. This is half of a story and unapologetic about it. It’s loving great though.

I should have figured.

Do we know if it is coming to streaming any time soon? If not that, then I will see if I could go this weekend or the next.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Probably not for another couple months

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If you can see it in theatres it is a visual feast.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The cliffhanger is a little obnoxious, but it's not super obvious until about 2/3rds of the way through, and [the movie is] worth going to see in theaters because it shifts into "a music video about Spider-Men" a few times and you'll want the absolute maximum experience.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

site posted:

good thing gunn just handed this guy the batman franchise

He got the cursed even before Miller went on a crime spree Flash movie across the line. He can make a Batman as a treat.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Unlucky7 posted:

I should have figured.

Do we know if it is coming to streaming any time soon? If not that, then I will see if I could go this weekend or the next.

End of August is the contractual minimum. Its doing banger and has a shot to bounce back to #1 so that might even push the DVD release to holiday shopping.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The whiplash I felt watching the Kraven trailer and hearing Russel Crowe's voice, thinking to myself "Yes, that's the perfect Kraven voice." only to find out that it's actually just his dad. :shepface:

Zoobtro posted:

is this leading somewhere? or is this just weird contractual bullshit?

Venom vs. The Sinister Six, maybe? That could potentially be a neat payoff. Maybe.

Lobok posted:

Going that route with Rhino is not a big deal to me. It's basically what they did on the Spectacular series.

In the Spectacular series, he was a guy with Rhino themed body armor that was grated onto his skin. You might be thinking of the Amazing Spider-Man tie-in video game where Rhino was just some weird rhino mutant man. And then ASM2 pretty much ignored that entirely and reintroduced Alister Smythe and the Rhino anyway.

CzarChasm posted:

Has Kraven gone against any of the animal themed Spider-man villains in the comics? I know a big plot point for the Spider-man 2 game coming soon is that he's going to be hunting Lizard, but him fighting Rhino, Vulture, Scorpion and to a lesser degree Doc Ock could be something. But I think he sees them as dudes in suits, where Lizard is a monster of questionable intelligence.

Well, there's Vermin in Kraven's Last Hunt. I imagine people are less familiar with that character than Morbius, though. Still, probably would've been better than The Kravinoff Ultimatum or whatever Sony is going for here.

Jamesman posted:

Hypno Hustler with Donald Glover was recently greenlit.

Is this a joke? They can't just be scraping the bottom of the barrel this hard on accident, right?

What's next: Paste Pot Pete?

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jun 20, 2023

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Pfft, let me know when Sony greenlights the girl in the Napoleon costume who randomly punches people.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

Did he just...was he bitten by a radioactive lion?

I did not know Kraven had the exact same origin as the Halle Berry Catwoman?

If there is a basketball scene in Kraven I'm there first weekend

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

The Spiderverse films were a fluke. I can't imagine how badly they would have hosed Miles up if he was live action.

They absolutely would have given him a skateboard

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Unlucky7 posted:

I should have figured.

Go see it in a cinema, it's absolutely worth it on a visual level alone

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

In the Spectacular series, he was a guy with Rhino themed body armor that was grated onto his skin. You might be thinking of the Amazing Spider-Man tie-in video game where Rhino was just some weird rhino mutant man. And then ASM2 pretty much ignored that entirely and reintroduced Alister Smythe and the Rhino anyway.

Didn't play those so I must be thinking of something else but regardless, the main reason I'm ok with it is that in live action you're going to need some reason as to why this dude is gigantic (if you want something like Deadpool 2 Juggernaut instead of Vinnie Jones Juggernaut) so if an experiment/procedure gives him size & strength you might as well make it a rhino mutation that will also give him the skin and horn.

Edit: Must have been the 2017 series I was thinking of.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Increasingly amused that as Gail Simone points out the Kraven movie basically looks like Catman: The Movie but less interesting.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

Increasingly amused that as Gail Simone points out the Kraven movie basically looks like Catman: The Movie but less interesting.

Haha no poo poo

https://twitter.com/NebsGoodTakes/status/1670904801276858369?t=L9HZYy5CaaMTTBbHyOn1OQ&s=19

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

End of August is the contractual minimum. Its doing banger and has a shot to bounce back to #1 so that might even push the DVD release to holiday shopping.

Plus Sony doesn’t do the ASAP stuff Disney does since they don’t have their own platform to promote.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

Does ATJ make out with any hunky boys?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gaz-L posted:

I can't imagine Sony ever being that interesting.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Aphrodite posted:

Plus Sony doesn’t do the ASAP stuff Disney does since they don’t have their own platform to promote.
Sony owns Crunchyroll now.

They used to own Crackle, but they sold it to... Chicken Soup for the Soul LLC? What?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gaz-L posted:

He’s not Psycho Goreman

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

CelticPredator posted:

He’s not Psycho Goreman

Which Kojima game was he from again?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Johnathan Majors had all potential felony charges and the strangulation charge dropped, but the state is still pursuing misdemeanor charges for harassment and assault. The prosecution is no longer claiming that he strangled the victim or broke her hand, but alleges that he did twist her arm, strike her head, and push her while she was getting into a car - which caused her to fall backwards and be injured.

His lawyer has demanded that they go to trial as soon as possible.

The judge agreed and his trial is scheduled for August 3rd.

His lawyer is no longer seeking to get the case dismissed, but she claims to have submitted video evidence showing that Majors did not initiate the attack.

Majors faces a maximum sentence of 1 year in prison and a $1,000 fine if convicted.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1671185394241511427

quote:

NEW YORK (AP) — Actor Jonathan Majors’ domestic violence case will go to trial Aug. 3, a Manhattan judge said Tuesday, casting him in a real-life courtroom drama as his idled Hollywood career hangs in the balance.

Majors’ accuser alleges he pulled her finger, twisted her arm behind her back, struck and cut her ear and pushed her into a vehicle, causing her to fall backwards, during a March confrontation in New York City. The woman was treated at a hospital for minor head and neck injuries, police said.

Majors’ attorney, Priya Chaudhry, said Tuesday that she provided prosecutors with video evidence showing the female accuser attacked her client, not the other way around. The woman has not been named in court records.

Majors had been a fast-rising Hollywood star with major roles in recent hits like “Creed III” and “Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania.” But in the wake of his arrest, the U.S. Army pulled TV commercials starring Majors, saying it was “deeply concerned” by the allegations. Disney last month postponed Majors’ upcoming Marvel film “Avengers: Kang Dynasty” from May 2025 to May 2026. He is also slated to appear in “Avengers: Secret Wars” in 2027.

Judge Rachel Pauley wished the actor “best of luck” as she scheduled his trial. “Yes, ma’am,” Majors said, standing with his lawyers in front of Pauley’s bench in Manhattan’s domestic violence court.

Majors, 33, is charged with misdemeanors, including assault, and could be sentenced to up to a year in jail if convicted.

Tuesday’s hearing was his first time in court since just after his March 25 arrest in Manhattan’s Chelsea neighborhood. He appeared by video at a hearing last month where prosecutors said they were revising the assault charge to reflect the accuser’s perspective. A police officer’s account was used in the original version.

Before his case was called Tuesday, Majors watched from the courtroom gallery with his lawyers and his girlfriend Meagan Good, who stars in the “Shazam!” movies, as two men in unrelated cases had their domestic violence charges thrown out.

Chaudhry urged the Manhattan district attorney’s office to do the same for Majors and to instead charge his 30-year-old accuser, “holding her accountable for her crimes.” In lieu of a decision, Chaudhry requested that Majors’ case go to trial as soon as possible.

Chaudhry said she’s provided prosecutors with “compelling evidence” of Majors’ innocence, including video showing the woman assaulting the actor and Majors running away from her.

“We also provided photographs illustrating the injuries she inflicted on Mr. Majors and photos of his clothing torn as a direct consequence of (the woman’s) violent actions,” Chaudhry said.

She has also accused police and prosecutors of racial bias against Majors, who is Black. She said a white police officer got in Majors’ face and taunted him when he tried showing the officer injuries that he said the woman caused.

Before scheduling Majors’ trial, the judge issued a sealed decision that prompted Chaudhry to withdraw court papers she’d filed challenging the case. Pauley handed copies of her ruling to Majors’ lawyers and prosecutors, but did not discuss any details in open court.

Majors, who plays villain Kang the Conqueror in the Marvel films, carried his personal Bible and a poetry journal into court. He smiled at times, but said little other than his brief exchange with the judge, which lasted all of three minutes.

Majors must continue to abide by a protection order barring him from contact with his accuser. A warrant could be issued for his arrest if he does not show up for his trial date, the judge said.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jun 20, 2023

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

Sentinel Red posted:

My net was playing up (or Google have been loving with things so 3rd party YT apps are broken again) so I stuck the telly on and lo and behold, The Dark World was on. It's still dull and depressing story wise, with nothing bad guys (wasting old Eccles like this should be a capital crime) and a dogshit score compared to the first film (Thor vs the Destroyer/Yggdrasil is GOAT tier majestic) but something that really stood out to me was how good the Asgard scenes looked. Like, the lighting, framing and cinematography came over so much better than any of the recent vxf heavy efforts of late. And even the Dark World scenes looked way better than similar scenes in, say, MoM, Quantumania, BP II, The Flash, etc. It doesn't keep it up all the way, there are some well dodgy fx shots in the Greenwich section but for the most part, it felt like it was aiming for a higher standard than what we've been getting of late.

Or maybe my glass of wine went to my head, not sure.

From a few pages back but this is probably because the director Alan Taylor had directed 7 episodes of Game of Thrones in season 1 and 2.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
There's also the fact that they hadn't quite settled into the 'reshoots as long as principal photography, crunch the VFX teams to get the effects done under budget in half the time it really needs' pattern.

Like, a team making a movie or a game manages to pull something good out of a situation like that, and every single time the C-suite people don't go "Oh wow, that was exceptional work, we won't ask you to do such extraordinary things again", they decide that must be the new way to work.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
No Marvel Studios Hall H presentation at SDCC this year. Can’t say I’m completely shocked given the production pauses/delays due to the writers’ strike, and that the MCU schedule has already changed so significantly from what they announced last year. Sounds like they might have some smaller presence, though.

https://twitter.com/thewrap/status/1671276818156978177?s=46&t=vHCQymUfA8QgltN6y1_sjA

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
But they're going to announce the Fantastic 4, right?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I expect Kraven to go full Morb with all the promotional stuff pushing the villain angle but the movie itself to have him be unambiguously right/the good guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Shame, "We have nothing new to announce and we're pushing everything we already announced back by a bunch because management won't pay the writers" would have been a huge event draw.