Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Read After Burning posted:

Baten Kaito 1+2 HD comes out on September 14.

Really excited for this, I hope it has a lot of Quality of Life features though, but also it wouldn't bother me if it doesn't.

[edit]
https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/baten-kaitos/news/baten-kaitos-i-ii-hd-remaster-qa

And there we go!
"In addition to stabilising the frame rate, "Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster” introduces new features such as encounters-off, auto-battle, skip cutscenes, and auto-save to make it even more accessible to new players." perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Bugblatter posted:

Any recommendations on comfortable controllers? The Nitro Deck looks cool but possibly overkill and I don't really want to wait until September.

I'm interested in this too. The Nitro looks great but isn't shipping to the UK. Real shame, the snes coloured one look lovely.

The Binbok (lol) ones look ok, except for the dumb rgb poo poo. Having said that, all the review I've seen appear to be possibly unreliable youtube videos

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did a direct get announced or are we at the rumours about rumours stage now?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Sakurazuka posted:

Did a direct get announced or are we at the rumours about rumours stage now?

This

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I said come in! posted:

Really excited for this, I hope it has a lot of Quality of Life features though, but also it wouldn't bother me if it doesn't.

[edit]
https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/baten-kaitos/news/baten-kaitos-i-ii-hd-remaster-qa

And there we go!
"In addition to stabilising the frame rate, "Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster” introduces new features such as encounters-off, auto-battle, skip cutscenes, and auto-save to make it even more accessible to new players." perfect.

From this site it looks like voice over is Japanese with subtitles available. No mention of English voice track that I could spot. Maybe that means it was redone?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Not a Children posted:

From this site it looks like voice over is Japanese with subtitles available. No mention of English voice track that I could spot. Maybe that means it was redone?

No, is subtitle only.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

John Wick of Dogs posted:

No, is subtitle only.

No buy

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Jet Jaguar posted:

The next Zelda incarnation should bring back all the people that have been in like one game and return them to the world. Subrosians, Minish, Loftwings, Yeti, Twili, etc. The little robot guys from Skyward Sword can go on a joint space mission with the Zonai constructs or something.

I want to see what Error’s been up to.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Just learn Japanese

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Just learn Japanese

I don't think you understand, I am usually fine with Japanese voice acting, but here I specifically wanted to relive the Baten Kaitos 1 English VA.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

When was the last direct, February? The big one with Metroid Prime Remaster and Pikmin 4 announcements?

Have their traditionally been directs around this time?

As I type this out, I realize that E3 isn't happening anymore, so is Nintendo doing something for that instead, or are the directs pretty much mini-E3s spread out through the year now?

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't think you understand, I am usually fine with Japanese voice acting, but here I specifically wanted to relive the Baten Kaitos 1 English VA.

I don't know much about Baten Kaitos, is the original English VA particularly good/bad/fun-bad? I was bummed to see it's not included but also not sure how much I'd get from a 2003 voice track as a first-time player.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It was legendarily bad

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

An Actual Princess posted:

it deserve a port into the garbage

much like your posting

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

roomtwofifteen posted:

I don't know much about Baten Kaitos, is the original English VA particularly good/bad/fun-bad? I was bummed to see it's not included but also not sure how much I'd get from a 2003 voice track as a first-time player.

Bad in a fun way, mostly. Not like Mega Man 8 bad but really over exaggerated line reads and stuff

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

roomtwofifteen posted:

BK1's voice acting is really bad but in an endearing way, it's all tinny ostensibly because you're a spirit not of their world, rather than directly being the protagonist and definitely not because the production was bad.

BK2's voice acting is genuinely very good and it's bullshit that they cut it.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Artix posted:

BK1's voice acting is really bad but in an endearing way, it's all tinny ostensibly because you're a spirit not of their world, rather than directly being the protagonist and definitely not because the production was bad.

The quality of the audio is bad because of that, but that's not the reason that the quality of the acting is laughably terrible.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Some new rumors regarding the next Direct have popped up:

https://twitter.com/Pyoro_ND/status/1670750019257872384

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
There are Enough remakes imo

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1671155958448529408?s=20

Direct is real at least

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’d actually be ok with a new 2D Mario to be honest (the last one was Mario Maker 2 if you want to count that)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The NSMB series was actually good outside of the DS titles which weren’t bad just painfully mediocre. I’m down with a new one if that’s what it is

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Finally gonna get a remake of Aero the Acrobat

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

hatty posted:

There are Enough remakes imo

Not until I get my legend of the dragoon remake

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Stunt Race FX remake gonna double the framerate up to 2 fps

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Hoping for this to be the FE4 remake everyone predicted.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Larryb posted:

I’d actually be ok with a new 2D Mario to be honest (the last one was Mario Maker 2 if you want to count that)
High effort 2D art instead of the NSMB poo poo would be a god send.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

CainFortea posted:

Not until I get my legend of the dragoon remake

Some of those battle animations were wild

https://youtu.be/3vvw42jvxUs

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Larryb posted:

Some new rumors regarding the next Direct have popped up:

https://twitter.com/Pyoro_ND/status/1670750019257872384

Supposedly the remake is either Chrono Trigger or Super Mario RPG. Take this with a huge grain of salt.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Diabetic posted:

Supposedly the remake is either Chrono Trigger or Super Mario RPG. Take this with a huge grain of salt.

Has Square rereleased Front Mission 2 yet? It's probably that

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
2d mario will be in the style of the movie, with Chris Pratt doing Mario's voice :can:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

WHY BONER NOW posted:

2d mario will be in the style of the movie, with Chris Pratt doing Mario's voice :can:

mama mia :geno:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jun 20, 2023

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Larryb posted:

Hasn’t Chrono Trigger technically gotten two remakes already (one for PlayStation and another for the DS)?

Those are ports

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

Diabetic posted:

I now want an HD-2D remake of Chrono Trigger so bad.

Comedy option: they’re delisting the FF pixel remasters and replacing them with the earlier awful remakes

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I'm fine with this, especially if they get Jack Black to sing again.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

man nurse posted:

Those are ports

Ports with added features/a retranslation at least

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Larryb posted:

Ports with added features/a retranslation at least

Right, what I mean to say is ports often have little extra bells and whistles to them, but it’s carrying over an existing game. A remake implies it’s all new from the ground up.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bahamut Lagoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Diabetic posted:

SMRPG has been one the last Nintendo games missing from SNES online. Square remaking it in HD-2D would be the dream.