Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I was hoping to get the game trilogy from arrow on release day but I haven't got a shipping email yet so I'm guessing that's gonna be a few days still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

178 TNGs + 30 Picards = 154 episodes?!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
That’s gonna be what like $1000?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Goddamn I need Extraction and Extraction 2 on UHD. loving Netflix man.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Fate Accomplice posted:

178 TNGs + 30 Picards = 154 episodes?!

They're removing all the blackface episodes.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The fun part of building my collection has been finding out that the Bride of Re-Animator BD I bought for my friend a few months ago has jumped up to $90, and Death Race 2000 on BD is $200. I'm glad I kept my Interstella 5555 DVD from back in the day. :stare:

Some of these movies I may look into making custom steelbooks for or something, like I doubt any company is about to release a version of Miike's Ace Attorney movie.

Holy hell does the US get short-changed in the cover art department for general releases. The UK version of Network looks incredible with cool art of a fist going through a TV. The US release looks like every mid-00s action movie for some reason, not at all indicative of the film. Gross.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I never buy stuff without having see it in person first, because I get anal about condition. But this discussion finally made me break down. I will see if Half Price Books can do right by me on this

I also asked about Shark Skin Man and Peach Hip Girl but no HPB in the world had a copy.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Gripweed posted:

I never buy stuff without having see it in person first, because I get anal about condition. But this discussion finally made me break down. I will see if Half Price Books can do right by me on this

I also asked about Shark Skin Man and Peach Hip Girl but no HPB in the world had a copy.

Oh that's a killer idea! I didn't even know you could do that. Time to hit up my local and check their inventory myself. Do you know how many copies of Linda Linda Linda there were? Just the one?

This may solve my Death Race 2000 issue...or maybe someone somewhere has the Whisper of the Heart steelbook at a decent rate. Much to think about.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Oh that's a killer idea! I didn't even know you could do that. Time to hit up my local and check their inventory myself. Do you know how many copies of Linda Linda Linda there were? Just the one?

This may solve my Death Race 2000 issue...or maybe someone somewhere has the Whisper of the Heart steelbook at a decent rate. Much to think about.

IIRC the lady at the counter said there were three copies in the system. And I got one of them, so there may be as many as two left.

Tom Swift Jr.
Nov 4, 2008

Gripweed posted:

I found a copy of this in a Goodwill about a year ago. I should get around to watching it.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

The fun part of building my collection has been finding out that the Bride of Re-Animator BD I bought for my friend a few months ago has jumped up to $90, and Death Race 2000 on BD is $200. I'm glad I kept my Interstella 5555 DVD from back in the day. :stare:

The only downside of the From Beyond UHD release was that it killed the market for my Shout Factory From Beyond blu ray which at one time was up around $250. I guess I should've sold it a few years ago but hey, you can't put a price on yearly rewatches of From Beyond.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Happens all the time in the book world, to the point where I think if you get these things as investments, you're doing it wrong. If I had my way it would all be evergreen and scalpers/flippers would gently caress off, but hey.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Tom Swift Jr. posted:

I found a copy of this in a Goodwill about a year ago. I should get around to watching it.

It was one of the first foreign movies I ever watched, I was like 13 and it blew me away. I have absolutely no idea if it holds up.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Successful trip to the local used media store

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

My copy of the 88 Films Burial Ground UHD just shipped

ultraviolence123 fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jun 19, 2023

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I didn’t know mail was being mailed today but I’ve got a lot of movies out for delivery. Hopefully arriving soon.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

goth smoking cloves posted:

Successful trip to the local used media store

I saw this on cable a lot as a kid, is it also called "I come in peace"?

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Kingtheninja posted:

I saw this on cable a lot as a kid, is it also called "I come in peace"?

Yeah, it's been released under both titles, I am not sure which came first.

I only saw it recently and I thought it was a lot of dumb fun

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

dorium posted:

I didn’t know mail was being mailed today but I’ve got a lot of movies out for delivery. Hopefully arriving soon.

FedEx or UPS maybe? FedEx brought me the Avatar:WoW UHD yesterday.

This week I have Texas Chainsaw Massacre 4K showing up along with the Showgirls UHD and Mallrats UHD. Hadn't really picked anything up in a few months, so it's nice to break the drought.

At some point, I'll really have to consider downsizing my doubled-up Arrow special editions.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

On Wednesday I should be getting lots of great pickups and a new shelf to store the collection on. Slowly amassing a giant wishlist. I need to stop myself as soon as our list is fulfilled or else it'll be very bad for my wallet. Looking forward to sharing pics.

Today I went to HPB to place the orders talked about earlier and walked out with The Matrix on VHS, Darkman on VHS as a gift for a friend, and a Guitar Wolf single which will go nicely with the DVD copy of Wild Zero arriving later. This thread is a menace that feeds my addiction.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Boywhiz88 posted:

FedEx or UPS maybe? FedEx brought me the Avatar:WoW UHD yesterday.

This week I have Texas Chainsaw Massacre 4K showing up along with the Showgirls UHD and Mallrats UHD. Hadn't really picked anything up in a few months, so it's nice to break the drought.

At some point, I'll really have to consider downsizing my doubled-up Arrow special editions.

Nah USPS has multiple packages marked for delivery today. Still waiting but hopefully before the end of the day.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It’s a federal holiday, how do y’all have USPS deliveries scheduled today?

All of mine updated to tomorrow.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It’s a federal holiday, how do y’all have USPS deliveries scheduled today?

All of mine updated to tomorrow.

Maybe my USPS guys know I really really want that box today. We’ll see.

dorium fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 19, 2023

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Today worked out. My post office just loves me more I guess?

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

dorium posted:

Nice haul!

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
Imagine watching ARABELLA, DRACULA SUCKS and SHOWGIRLS as a hoeny triple feature… :stare:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

PinkoBastard posted:

Imagine watching ARABELLA, DRACULA SUCKS and SHOWGIRLS as a hoeny triple feature… :stare:

I was gunna show my partner Showgirls and slide in Dracula Sucks

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Man, I haven't even gotten a shipping notification from VS for my Halfway sale pickups. Awesome haul, though! I can't wait to gift Showgirls to my friend once it arrives.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

dorium posted:

God drat.

I'd like to check out showgirls and that edition looks nice but drat expensive.

Speaking of Vinegar Syndrome I watched Keep an Eye Out last night (partner label Dekanalog). Terrific film, really good, a great movie. Highly recommended to pick up next time they have a sale.

https://vinegarsyndrome.com/products/keep-an-eye-out-dekanalog?_pos=1&_psq=keep+an+eye&_ss=e&_v=1.0&variant=39595020615722

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I was expecting to get a bunch of stuff tomorrow but it's been spread out over the week, so I'll wait to post a recent haul picture but I am very excited to.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/diabolikdvd/status/1671148231051423745?s=46&t=wbUf_u7uOvtvxKOmB6dAHQ

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lol gunna be movie shopping during a meeting

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Of course they'd announce this now. If Arrow's Re-Animator release goes on sale I don't think I'll be able to resist.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Their Arrow section is already showing some sale flags. So far it’s nothing I desperately want.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Haha sites getting hammered

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Sorting by UHD and low to high I don't really see any deals tbh, maybe I missed it

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Yeah I didnt see too much I was interested in.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm thrilled to see a skippable sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Showgirls UHD is impeccable. Great grain, colors POP. Worth the wait.