Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

I think it's super funny how S2 returned to the mafia plot for like one episode and it was really just an excuse to move on to more tournaments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
I personally love how the Mafia stuff was all creative cheating and then suddenly all the high school golf girls were golfing so hard with their golf stand abilities that they're nearly killing themselves, combined with soap opera levels of family lineage drama for absolutely no reason!

Birdie Wing is batshit insane in all the right ways

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
They just needed a better opponent for that than Mrs. Pocket Sand.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Eve returning to mafia golf for just a brief moment so she can utterly destroy it so she can real golf with her gf is the best.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

'sup anime forum. Where/how can I watch Ghost in the Shell SAC? I see there's a SAC 2045 on crunchyroll but that's something new. I really miss this show. Google is failing me :smith:

E: in scandinavia. Looks like I can get it on Amazon for.. about 130 dollars? Not that price

Fruits of the sea fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 21, 2023

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
does this work for you, or is it region-locked? https://www.adultswim.com/videos/ghost-in-the-shell

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

"Blocked. Sorry there must be some restriction on the content we are streaming here."

Thanks for the link! uhh I guess I need to get a vpn.

Dang I literally want to give a company money for this but they don't want it.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Fruits of the sea posted:

'sup anime forum. Where/how can I watch Ghost in the Shell SAC? I see there's a SAC 2045 on crunchyroll but that's something new. I really miss this show. Google is failing me :smith:

E: in scandinavia. Looks like I can get it on Amazon for.. about 130 dollars? Not that price

:filez:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
im baking soda

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
she deserves aqua.

actally no, I'm lying. nobody deserves aqua, not even her.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I probably should finish that series huh? I stopped after episode 2.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

poor kana! :cry:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

My Clueless First Friend is so cute but so often, so very, very often, I look at the bullies, both the group of boys and the group of girls and go, "You bitches."

They're kiddos, so they don't know any better, by Lord have mercy, I just want to tell the teachers/parents to do something about their little brats.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The episode where dude figures out why they call her the reaper... goddamn.
:cry:

Pan Dulce posted:

My Clueless First Friend is so cute but so often, so very, very often, I look at the bullies, both the group of boys and the group of girls and go, "You bitches."
:hmmyes:

Well at least some of the characters come around.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

FilthyImp posted:

The episode where dude figures out why they call her the reaper... goddamn.
:cry:

Did they actually say that was why, rather than it being an unfortunate coincidence?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Loved that Yuri is My Job gave us a comedy episode to show that while it's a shoujo melodrama it has some great comedy chops. Thought the adaptation was good and while not visually amazing it nailed the tone and Hime's facials

Hope it can escape the Yuri adaptation jail and get a season 2 for the real wild stuff

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Loved that Yuri is My Job gave us a comedy episode to show that while it's a shoujo melodrama it has some great comedy chops. Thought the adaptation was good and while not visually amazing it nailed the tone and Hime's facials

Hope it can escape the Yuri adaptation jail and get a season 2 for the real wild stuff

i'm also happy they managed to make space for another half an episode of hime getting dunked on. honestly i thought the show looked pretty good for the most part; even with the simple character designs there was a lot of expressive movement (hime's wriggly fingers while being hugged in the last episode is a good example of what i'm thinking of).

i ended up liking the show quite a bit more than i thought. this probably isn't a great comparison because they are doing way different things, but i think the way the show starts to blend reality and performance is more interesting than the 'my whole life is a performance' angle in oshi no ko.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I just caught up on this week’s Golden Kamuy and wow. poo poo is absolutely wild in Hokkaido at this time.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Mons Hubris posted:

I just caught up on this week’s Golden Kamuy and wow. poo poo is absolutely wild in Hokkaido at this time.

The quality of the animation is pretty terrible, but the plot is just so good it powers on through. It's one of my favourites at the moment.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1672170511940603907?t=diPqAEd4RhEUsm-FG4b8jQ&s=19

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Good luck

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Brutal Garcon posted:

Did they actually say that was why, rather than it being an unfortunate coincidence?

It’s an unfortunate coincidence, the kids at school aren’t quite that cruel. Still, it’s some pretty heavy poo poo the author dropped on the audience just like that.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'd imagine if they're doing it in 2 blocks they probably have most of it done but OTOH the reason it got into the mess was piss poor planning sooooo

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Magical Destroyers..

I have watched this entire show and at the end of it all, I have no idea what it was about.

The ending is just bizarre in basically every way.

I'm just very very confused.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Natural 20 posted:

Magical Destroyers..

I have watched this entire show and at the end of it all, I have no idea what it was about.

The ending is just bizarre in basically every way.

I'm just very very confused.

can anyone elaborate on this so i can determine if this convinces me to watch the show or not

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
me when i realize there's no post credits birdie wing scene

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
the last episode was sick as hell though. eve completely ignoring the best golfer in the world after kicking her rear end with caddie aoi and their fusion golf attack kicked rear end

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

ninjewtsu posted:

can anyone elaborate on this so i can determine if this convinces me to watch the show or not

in all its nerdy stupidity, it was one of the more entertaining shows of the season for me. The ending, I'm mixed on, it kinda just ends, but at least one scene made me cry, so

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I think the takeaway is that when you're given magic powers to entertain a bored god, you should be very concerned if she starts yawning.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Magical destroyers starts off with a lot of potential but doesn't really develope into anything, the story and the pacing are a mess, and the only thing consistently good about it is the music

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Mashle just gets more casually absurd every week.

"Hello, I'm serial killer and cannibal Blahblah, I'll be your opponent"

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Birdie Wing in Super Robot Wars when?!?!?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

pointlessone posted:

Mashle just gets more casually absurd every week.

"Hello, I'm serial killer and cannibal Blahblah, I'll be your opponent"
Mashle looks nonplussed*

"Oh? Have you tried creampuffs? Theyre way good"

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Yamada-kun had a great finale. Akane’s drunk faces were very good.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Julias posted:

I'm aiming to get up the Summer Season thread next weekend. As usual, feel free to throw some thread title suggestions my way and one of them may get chosen. Here's the lineup for next season:

https://anichart.net/Summer-2023

https://myanimelist.net/anime/season

One last call for this by the way :shobon:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I'm still on board for "Helck Yeah!", but it's your thread.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
In most anime and jpn, drunkenness is always funny.

But in US stuff, drunkenness always treated as a sin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
me tut-tutting alongside the family guy writers when alcohol is consumed onscreen